Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #1001
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

It doesn't make sense for the villager twothree to finger someone unless he knows the person is a wolf
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #1002
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I hate to confuse things more, but what happens if Anxiety is a mutant? We don't know that twothree would spot a mutant in a scan, but what if he can? This would lead to us killing a mutant tonight (semi-good) and human twothree tomorrow (very bad). That would be two more human kills and probably two more human deaths at the hands of the Chaos. That would be a very bad start for us if it happened.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:12 PM   #1003
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I hate to confuse things more, but what happens if Anxiety is a mutant? We don't know that twothree would spot a mutant in a scan, but what if he can? This would lead to us killing a mutant tonight (semi-good) and human twothree tomorrow (very bad). That would be two more human kills and probably two more human deaths at the hands of the Chaos. That would be a very bad start for us if it happened.

If Anxiety turns up a mutant, thats suficient for me to not go after twothree. I actually assumed by twothree saying he turned up abnormal it meant he likely was a mutant.

I think Lynching a mutant isn't a bad thing for us.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:16 PM   #1004
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T

If we do not beat the chaos, we do not win at all.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #1005
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
If we do not beat the chaos, we do not win at all.

I think lynching a mutant is better than lynching a good guy who can detect mutants.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:19 PM   #1006
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If Anxiety turns up a mutant, thats suficient for me to not go after twothree. I actually assumed by twothree saying he turned up abnormal it meant he likely was a mutant.

It is certainly better than lynching a normal human, but it helps get the Chaos get their ratio. I'd personally like to get a Chaos or two before hitting the mutants, but either is better than another loyal human.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #1007
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is certainly better than lynching a normal human, but it helps get the Chaos get their ratio. I'd personally like to get a Chaos or two before hitting the mutants, but either is better than another loyal human.

I think you and GE are both missing the mark on this one.

If you have a known Chaos you lynch him. no questions
If you have a known Mutant you lynch him if you don't have any surefire Chaos to lynch.

In no case what so ever do you take a gamble on someone else and possibly hit a good villager instead of a known Chaos or a known mutant.

Anything is better than taking a risk at killing a good guy and ignoring a known bad guy.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #1008
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
1 thing that makes me wonder is if he was leaning to voting for grey today, why didn't he scan Grey or GE last night instead of anxiety?

Either way though, only really possible votes I think are based on if you believe twothree or not. if you do, you vote for anxiety, if you don't you vote for twothree.

I think risk/reward though we need to vote for anxiety. If twothree is good and telling the truth, anxiety is bad and needs to die. If Anxiety is good and telling the truth, he's likely a night target soon enough before his power is useful again anyways.

Even though I don't know how much I trust Twothree just yet, I think this vote needs to be on Anxiety.

I was basically scanning people that made me suspicious but that I did not have a clue what faction they might be.

I didn't scan greyroofoo last night because at that time I thought he might be a chaos lord. I did not scan GoldenEagle last night because at that time I thought he might be a villager, or a corrupted villager.

I did not scan you, Alan T, last night because at that time I thought you were a mutant or a misguided villager. I still do. I did not scan saldana because I thought at that time and still do that saldana is a mutant.

All of that is just my opinions and guesses. I scaned Blade on day 1 because I did not have any type of read on him. I scanned Anxiety on day 2 because I did not have any type of read on him.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #1009
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think lynching a mutant is better than lynching a good guy who can detect mutants.

Given those two options, lynching the mutant is better. But should we be looking for a different option?

I still think we should vote to lynch Anxiety, but only because I think the scan will show him being Chaos.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #1010
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

If we kill all the chaos players before the mutants are dead, does the game end right away.

In that case, this may sound crazy but, let's assume twothree is correct and he has hit upon Anxiety as a Chaos player.. would it be worthwhile to let Anxiety be for the time being and see if twothree can root out a second chaos/mutant player?

Or, if we assume twothree is the seer, do you lynch Anxiety and then leave the second one alone?

Of course, this is if we are wanting a total victory and if the game ends right away which I'm not sure of.

Tangle?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:30 PM   #1011
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

The result of my scan is normal or abnormal. I believe, but am not 100% certain based upon the wording of the PM that abnormal equals chaos or mutant, but that I can't tell which.

If I had a second positive scan to go on. I could compare the two and see if the resulting PM was different for a mutant or for a chaos lord.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #1012
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree
I scaned Blade on day 1 because I did not have any type of read on him.

What did your read on Blade say?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #1013
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
If we kill all the chaos players before the mutants are dead, does the game end right away.

In that case, this may sound crazy but, let's assume twothree is correct and he has hit upon Anxiety as a Chaos player.. would it be worthwhile to let Anxiety be for the time being and see if twothree can root out a second chaos/mutant player?

Or, if we assume twothree is the seer, do you lynch Anxiety and then leave the second one alone?

Of course, this is if we are wanting a total victory and if the game ends right away which I'm not sure of.

Tangle?

The game ends when all the chaos are dead.

That said if we believe Anxiety is chaos, we lynch him. No good reason to leave a chaos member running around when you haven't lynched anyone but good guys so far.

I think we need to actually kill a chaos or mutant before we start talking at all about leaving them alive to ensure a "total victory"

Anxiety's death will tell us alot about 3 people. GE, Twothree and Anxiety. That is worth his death.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #1014
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Anxiety's death will tell us alot about 3 people. GE, Twothree and Anxiety. That is worth his death.

Good point. I wasn't sure about the ending of the game and when that occurs.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-31-2006, 02:37 PM   #1015
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Yes, if Anxiety is Chaos, we have to lynch him. We can be cute with the last Chaos and go for the total victory, but I don't think we can be cute with the first one. Plus, wasn't there something about a Chaos demon in the game as well? Some sort of super-Chaos member? If Anxiety happens to be this super-Chaos guy, killing him will be a big help.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #1016
Fouts
College Starter

GE, cronin and I were locked up, so we had nothing to do with Fozzie's death.

You still say that you and grey talked about blade being good, but grey already admitted that was hogwash.

Anxiety is 1 of 3 people that I already distrust due to voting paterns. While I'm not sure why twothree picked anxiety, if he was bluffing, he could easily have picked somebody that was more in the spotlight to say was abnormal.

I won't be pushing for any lynching today, but I will make my vote.

vote Anxiety
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #1017
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Actually.. forgot to add this in there..

Vote Anxiety

I think that makes it 6 for Anxiety, 1 for twothree and 1 for Sal...
Old 08-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #1018
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and.. my choices would be to probably scan Gray or Sal..
Old 08-31-2006, 02:46 PM   #1019
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
What did your read on Blade say?

I did not have a read on him, I was just suspicious of him, but could not place him in any faction in my mind, that is why I scanned him. If you are refering to the scan I did on Blade, that came back that he was Normal.

That is why I jumped to Blade's defense. My first scan of a normal player, and the very next day, saldana casts the very first vote for someone I now knew was normal. And, saldana had cast the first vote for realdeal. Either saldana was incredibly bad at guessing who the chaos lords/mutants were, or he himself was one.

I wasn't going to be around all day, but Blade said he had evidence that would support his case. So I went with Blade, again the only person I knew who was normal, and voted for saldana.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 PM   #1020
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I did not have a read on him, I was just suspicious of him, but could not place him in any faction in my mind, that is why I scanned him. If you are refering to the scan I did on Blade, that came back that he was Normal.

That is why I jumped to Blade's defense. My first scan of a normal player, and the very next day, saldana casts the very first vote for someone I now knew was normal. And, saldana had cast the first vote for realdeal. Either saldana was incredibly bad at guessing who the chaos lords/mutants were, or he himself was one.

I wasn't going to be around all day, but Blade said he had evidence that would support his case. So I went with Blade, again the only person I knew who was normal, and voted for saldana.

If this was the case, why didn't you scan saldana?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:51 PM   #1021
Fouts
College Starter

One thing that is still bugging me - saldana said he followed somebody that met with blade, but blade said he never left his room. saldana won't say who he followed. Yet, we are giving saldana a pass because of Alan.

Another thing is the peculiar relationship between grey and GE.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #1022
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang

Yes.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 PM   #1023
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
One thing that is still bugging me - saldana said he followed somebody that met with blade, but blade said he never left his room. saldana won't say who he followed. Yet, we are giving saldana a pass because of Alan.

Another thing is the peculiar relationship between grey and GE.

I think the biggest thing that puzzles me is there sure are alot of people with roles roaming around at nights. If twothree is telling the truth, then what the heck was Grey and GE up to? I guess things are explained easier in my head if twothree ends up lying about being seer. If thats the case, we will deal with it tommorrow.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #1024
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Current Vote Count Day 3

Anxiety 9 - twothree, AlanT, BrianD, saldana, path12, kingfc22, Fouts, Mustang, st.cronin
twothree 1 - GoldenEagle

Yet To Vote: Greyroofoo, bulletsponge, Anxiety, Chief Rum, Swaggs

Correct to post below.

Last edited by tanglewood : 08-31-2006 at 03:01 PM.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #1025
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE ANXIETY

I'm still suspicious of pretty much everybody except SirFozzie and Blade. Anxiety would have been high on my list of people to scan, as well.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:01 PM   #1026
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the biggest thing that puzzles me is there sure are alot of people with roles roaming around at nights. If twothree is telling the truth, then what the heck was Grey and GE up to? I guess things are explained easier in my head if twothree ends up lying about being seer. If thats the case, we will deal with it tommorrow.

Let's not forget that you seem to be roaming around at night too. Sounds like there could be lots of people with the ability to learn things about others...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #1027
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
VOTE ANXIETY

I'm still suspicious of pretty much everybody except SirFozzie and Blade. Anxiety would have been high on my list of people to scan, as well.

You don't trust realdeal?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #1028
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Let's not forget that you seem to be roaming around at night too. Sounds like there could be lots of people with the ability to learn things about others...

I think you're confused about me. I've asked to be locked up tonight anyways. I am pretty sure that either twothree or GE are lying. I highly doubt both are lying about the seer.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #1029
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You don't trust realdeal?

Well, him too, I guess. But that's as far as my circle of trust goes.

knives out
Old 08-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #1030
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think you're confused about me. I've asked to be locked up tonight anyways. I am pretty sure that either twothree or GE are lying. I highly doubt both are lying about the seer.

[quote=path12]Alan visited me last night. I believe he now realizes I am completely loyal to the Emperor.[/b]

So you weren't out roaming around?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #1031
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola, fixing my bad tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Alan visited me last night. I believe he now realizes I am completely loyal to the Emperor.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #1032
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
If this was the case, why didn't you scan saldana?

If you are refering to scanning him on night 1, I was not suspicious of him and he seemed like a villager to me. Blade was more suspicious in my eyes.

If you are refering to scanning him on night 2, I thought he was a chaos lord or a mutant, after he got Blade killed. I thought I would be dead in the morning. So, following my strategy, I looked to scan someone who was suspicious to me, but that I could not place in any faction.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #1033
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What path says is true, I firmly trust path's loyalty to our emperor.

I still think you are confused about me though. I do think I have an idea who our seer is, but I won't say which of the people I mentioned a few times today before already I think it is.

I still think I should be locked up tonight with St.Cronin. I do not have any need to be out and about tonight.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #1034
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

After the Blade fiasco, I don't think it's worth reading anything into that.

knives out
Old 08-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #1035
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
After the Blade fiasco, I don't think it's worth reading anything into that.

I wasn't reading anything into his roaming around, I'm just surprised he didn't include himself with those that were roaming around.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #1036
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I still think you are confused about me though.

I feel like I'm being dumb and missing a subtle clue here.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #1037
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Current Vote Count Day 3

Anxiety 9 - twothree, AlanT, BrianD, saldana, path12, kingfc22, Fouts, Mustang, st.cronin
twothree 1 - GoldenEagle

Yet To Vote: Greyroofoo, bulletsponge, Anxiety, Chief Rum, Swaggs

Correct to post below.

In post #902, Chief Rum voted for saldana, it did occur before the night action was written.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #1038
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I feel like I'm being dumb and missing a subtle clue here.

No, I don't think you're missing a clue at all. I just am not as important as I thought you were hinting at. So far this game I'm just another villager who happened across some lucky clues and read them entirely wrong to help kill another villager. I barely know any more about whats going on then anyone else.

I do however have a couple of people who I will defend at least right now to keep them from getting lynched. Yesterday unfortunatly just hit on one of them.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:21 PM   #1039
st.cronin
General Manager

Question: Does anybody have a feel for why Foz was axed last night? Wouldn't GE or AlanT or path have been better targets, if they were in fact human?

knives out
Old 08-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #1040
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

I'm out til probably tomorrow AM.

knives out
Old 08-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #1041
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Question: Does anybody have a feel for why Foz was axed last night? Wouldn't GE or AlanT or path have been better targets, if they were in fact human?

I think fozzie hinted several times yesterday he was pretty important and if GE had a role like his, he might be important too. My guess was they wanted to pick off someone who was under the radar, human and important. Both GE and I have some heat on us, and many people don't know if they should trust either or both of us.

For instance, I still don't know if I should believe twothree or GE or if there is some possible way in this universe they both might be telling the truth.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #1042
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

I figured since the start, just going by role descriptions, and if they were all villagers, that...

The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus - SirFozzie
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Malleus - GoldenEagle
and myself
The Master of the Astronomican - twothree

would be the major targets by chaos and the mutants.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #1043
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I figured since the start, just going by role descriptions, and if they were all villagers, that...

The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus - SirFozzie
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Malleus - GoldenEagle
and myself
The Master of the Astronomican - twothree

would be the major targets by chaos and the mutants.

Well thats why I am unsure about Goldeneagle. I still think night 1 there had to have been a conversion. GE seems as likely a target as any. They convert GE night 1, knock off fozzie night 2 makes sense to me.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:32 PM   #1044
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Alan T, if you are the human seer you need to come forward and say that you are.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:35 PM   #1045
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan T, if you are the human seer you need to come forward and say that you are.

If I was the seer, why would I be arguing to lynch Anxiety all day?

I think I would be much quieter if I was the seer. I tend to die day 2-3 every game either by my own team or by wolves because of how much I talk.

I feel bad for the game where I actually am the seer, I think we'd likely lose as I die day 2.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:37 PM   #1046
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually the more I think about this.. you've been pushing to try to get twothree lynched all day. I still am giving twothree the benefit of the doubt, and I think you and grey likely will be my votes tommorrow unless someone comes up with something tonight to make me feel otherwise.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:41 PM   #1047
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry for the triple-dola... but I'm typing this as I am trying to piece it together in my mind.

My timeline today:

Twothree says he is the seer. I think its kind of early for a wolf to do a 1-1 swap just to get anxiety killed, so give twothree the benefit of the doubt and assume he is the seer.

GE says he knows who the seer is and its not twothree. I assume if GE is not lying he is refering to either himself or Grey. Even though Grey and he still have not gotten their story straight, still havent explained anything.. but maybe just maybe they are trying to hide something to keep the real seer from being killed.

Now with GE asking questions that he previously said he knew the answer to makes me think he was just blowing smoke about twothree if not to save Anxiety, then to at least try to get us to lynch our seer. Right now I think we kill Anxiety first, then go after greyfooroo as I bet he is more dangerous than GE.

Maybe I'm wrong again, this is just a hunch based on how GE has been so all over the place so far. I was wrong about Blade, might be wrong here too.. but GE is really erratic right now.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #1048
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
What path says is true, I firmly trust path's loyalty to our emperor.

I still think you are confused about me though. I do think I have an idea who our seer is, but I won't say which of the people I mentioned a few times today before already I think it is.

I still think I should be locked up tonight with St.Cronin. I do not have any need to be out and about tonight.

If you are visiting and clearing people every night (which I am starting to doubt), why would we lock you up??? I say don't lock him up, he keeps clearing people. Eventually, Alan will find all the good guys for us.

Unless of course, your CoT ends at 3 people. A nice number.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #1049
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

As I see it, we have 3 people claiming specific knowledge about people. GE told us that Grey told him Blade was clean. Path and Alan agreed that Alan visited Path and confirms he is clean. Twothree claims to have scanned Anxiety to see that he is "abnormal". There are a lot of people sneaking around and learning about others. I'm still wondering if these three groups of people represent the three teams in the game, or if there are multiple humans learning about each other and causing some damaging paranoia.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #1050
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you are visiting and clearing people every night (which I am starting to doubt), why would we lock you up??? I say don't lock him up, he keeps clearing people. Eventually, Alan will find all the good guys for us.

Unless of course, your CoT ends at 3 people. A nice number.

I think I should be locked up with St.cronin tonight.