Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #51
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I really think the next thing (seriously) is alcohol testing. I mean Alcohol has health effects (liver, kidneys) and side effects, can effect your health insurance rate for sure I assume, not to mention DUI's, drinking and driving, working with a hangover (lost productivity)

obviously you can't drink at work. but people drink all the time away from work, same with smoking. This is where it gets interesting for me.
I think you can go farther than that.

- Sperm count test to see which people are more fertile and thus more likely to have kids that will add to costs.
- Test to see if a woman has her tubes tied.
- Cholesteral and blood pressure screening.
- Family history
- Full medical records to spot pre-existing conditions and any handicaps.
- Body fat testing

You can go on and on at how to screen potential employees. Personally, I just don't think it's the employers business. If they don't want the risks associated with giving people medical insurance, then don't do it. Otherwise you're just going to have to take the lumps with it.

I think it's dangerous to be basing hiring on overall health and potential health of a person. Good luck getting a job if your a male over 40 or a female in your child bearing years. And make sure you find a way to get out of that wheelchair before getting to that interview.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #52
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
No one forces you to work for a company that drug tests. I wouldn't want someone who does illegal drugs working on airplanes, cars, or anything where safety is a big concern.
If it's a safety issue, I'm fine with it. You should take a drug test if you're driving a school bus around. You shouldn't if you're selling real estate.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote