Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #201
Autumn
Head Coach

Hmm, a quiet bunch. At this stage in the game, what are you thinking about when you vote tonight? What do you base your vote on?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #202
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, let's get to the vote. Your votes have been cast. If you have an immunity idol, now would be the time to play it.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #203
Autumn
Head Coach

Then I'll read the votes.

The first vote cast is for:

J23
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #204
Autumn
Head Coach

The second vote is for:

The Jackal
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #205
Autumn
Head Coach

The third vote is for:

Danny

We have 1 vote J23, 1 vote Jackal, 1 vote Danny
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #206
Autumn
Head Coach

The fourth vote is for:

J23
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #207
Autumn
Head Coach

The fifth vote is for:

J23

We have 3 votes J23, 1 vote The Jackal, 1 vote Danny
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #208
Autumn
Head Coach

The sixth vote, and the second contestant voted out of Survivor: Island of FOFC is

J23

J23, come put out your torch. The tribe has spoken.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #209
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY THREE CHALLENGE

Yesterday's challenge found the two tribes coming to blows in a display of aggression we've rarely seen on Survivor. Today the only contact we should see is accidental. But the stakes are high.

The winner of today's challenge will earn the immunity idol and avoid Tribal Council. In addition, they will earn the right to choose one member from the losing tribe to go to Exile Island. That person will spend the next 24 hours alone with only a machete and canteen, and will return only in time for tomorrow's challenge. The tribe will lose their help in camp, and they will likely come back worse for wear. However, there is the possibility that while on Exile Island they will learn a clue to the existence of a hidden immunity idol.

Today's challenge will require one caller and two teams of two from each tribe. The two teams will be blindfolded. The team will work in tandem to navigate this field and find the giant puzzle pieces waiting for them, and return them to their tower. The puzzle pieces are large enough to require both team members to carry them. The caller will sit on the tower and direct the two teams to find their tribe's puzzle pieces, and not those belonging to the other tribe, and navigate them back to the tower.

Ten pieces are required to complete the puzzle. Once all ten pieces are back, the tribe may take off their blindfold and begin as a team to work on the puzzle. This giant 3-D puzzle will need to be completely assembled. The first tribe to assemble their puzzle will win the challenge.

The Villagers will have to sit two contestants for this challenge. They cannot sit the same contestants twice in a row.

Please submit your plans to me by private message by 4:30 EST on Wednesday afternoon.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #210
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm going to bed here in a minute. That said, I think I should definitely be one of the blindfolded members.

As for the caller, I think calm is definitely an ability they should have. Not sure about others. I used two effort points on resting so I'm guessing I'll be around 5 or 6 for the challenge, but hopefully I'll be higher then that. Should I pair with SnDvls since he has weak strength or should I pair with someone with average strength?

Also, should we have someone in charge of telling people where to move the puzzle pieces? Maybe someone who is good/excellent at puzzles and remaining calm (if we have such a person).
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #211
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Okay looking through the thread, I think SnDvls said he had an excellent calm rating, but is poor at strength. Unless I'm not considering something, I think he should definitely be our signal caller.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #212
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Last post before I head to bed. I think Greyroofoo said he is excellent at puzzles and being calm. I think he should be in charge of telling people where to move puzzle pieces tomorrow. We listen to him with the possibility of having an assistant puzzler person. That's my opinion anyways.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #213
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I have excellent puzzle, good teamwork, and excellent calm.

I think I should be the caller.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #214
The Jackal
Coordinator

I am good at finding things but poor at putting puzzles together, so I think I should be one of the people trying to find stuff. Unless find rating would be influential from the perch on the tower.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #215
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I am good at finding things but poor at putting puzzles together, so I think I should be one of the people trying to find stuff. Unless find rating would be influential from the perch on the tower.

Alright got up for a few minutes. I think all four people who find stuff also put together the puzzle pieces.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #216
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
I have excellent puzzle, good teamwork, and excellent calm.

I think I should be the caller.

This is something we need ask Autumn about. I think there are two questions I have about the caller:

1.) Is there a caller for the 2nd part of the challenge?
2.) Can we switch who the caller is for the 2nd part of the challenge (taking on a few penalty seconds for doing so).

I think SnDvls strengths and weaknesses (poor strength which is bad for the puzzle finders) make him our best option for the caller in the first part of the challenge.

If there is a caller in the 2nd phase of the challenge, I definitely think you should be in charge. Even if there isn't technically a caller, I think you should be designated leader.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #217
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I PMd Autumn about the question. Alright back to bed.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #218
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Guys, should I use extra effort on this challenge today? The first part of the challenge plays to my strength (excellent strength). However, I don't think I'm in great health (probably 5 or 6, haven't received a PM from Autumn yet to know how much I recuperated).
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #219
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
This is something we need ask Autumn about. I think there are two questions I have about the caller:

2.) Can we switch who the caller is for the 2nd part of the challenge (taking on a few penalty seconds for doing so).

There doesn't need to be a caller for the second portion, but that's certainly a possible strategy. If you choose to have one, it would not need to be the same person, nor would there be an delay in "switching."
Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #220
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

I think SnDvls strengths and weaknesses (poor strength which is bad for the puzzle finders) make him our best option for the caller in the first part of the challenge.

If there is a caller in the 2nd phase of the challenge, I definitely think you should be in charge. Even if there isn't technically a caller, I think you should be designated leader.

I'm getting ready to leave for work (I'll check back in a little after two), but Autumn PMd be back.

Quote:
Hi Racer,

There doesn't need to be a caller for the 2nd part, but it's certainly a strategy you could take. And that caller wouldn't have to be the same person, no problem there.

Also, I don't have a partner yet so if someone could figure out who it should be (I have average teamwork and excellent strength) that would be good because I'll only be able to check back in for 20-30 minutes when I do. Also, I'm currently at 5 health points apparently.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #221
Autumn
Head Coach

You are all pretty exhausted through a combination of camp life and your efforts in yesterday's challenge. The Jackal, however, is particularly wiped out. His efforts to win the tiebreaker, up against Thomkal, left him with a sprained and swollen ankle. It seems to be going down during the day as he rests with it up in the air, but it was bad enough to receive attention from the Survivor medical staff. It looks, though, that by challenge time he'll be up and running again.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #222
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm out guys, but here is the placeholder PM I sent to Autumn
Quote:
I wish to team up with Danny on the blindfold part of the challenge. On the second half of the challenge I will also move pieces with Danny. I will listen to Greyroofoo on where to move those pieces. At this time I wish to put in normal effort into this challenge.

Chose Danny because I'm also good at finding stuff (Jackal said he was as well so I don't think we should pair up) and there seems to be uncertainty on whether Greyroofoo or SnDvls should be our caller. I can change this later (also let me know if I should put extra effort into the challenge since I'm only at 5 health).
Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #223
Danny
Head Coach

Im also excellent at puzzles, but not very good at finding stuff.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #224
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I think Greyfoo should do all the calling and be the lead on this challenge.

I'll team with Jackal.

I suggest we all put in extra effort points today cause if we don't win today then numbers start looking really bad.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #225
Danny
Head Coach

What does extra effort cause to happen negatively?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #226
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
What does extra effort cause to happen negatively?

It causes an additional health loss and a risk of injury.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #227
The Jackal
Coordinator

If I put in extra effort again I'm not going to be able to hunt again, but our food supplies can take the hit, yes? If all of us are putting in extra effort we're going to all be resting and not able to work on the camp and what not.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #228
The Jackal
Coordinator

And why do I need survivor medical staff when there's a nurse in our camp!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #229
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
And why do I need survivor medical staff when there's a nurse in our camp!

and a Brain Surgeon....I'd think I had some sort of basic medical training...no?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #230
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I think Greyfoo should do all the calling and be the lead on this challenge.

I'll team with Jackal.

I suggest we all put in extra effort points today cause if we don't win today then numbers start looking really bad.

Alright, I'll put in extra effort as well. I think most of us should keep our mouths shut on the second half and listen to Greyfoo, but should we have at one other person offering their imput on how to put together the puzzle to Greyfoo.

In my opinion, for this sort of thing, two minds are better then one but three is to many and leads to chaos.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #231
Racer
College Benchwarmer

This is the update challenge instructions I sent to Autumn:

Quote:
I wish to team up with Danny on the blindfold part of the challenge. On the second half of the challenge I will also move pieces with Danny. I will listen to Greyroofoo on where to move those pieces. If our tribe decides to nominate someone to provide input to Greyroofoo as we put together the puzzle, I will listen to him as well. I will keep my mouth shut on the second half of this challenge. I wish to put extra effort into this challenge.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #232
The Jackal
Coordinator

SnD what kind of actions you submitting so we can work similarly?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #233
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Alright, I didn't like how that PM sounded so I rewrote it and send Autumn a new PM:
Quote:
I wish to team up with Danny on the blindfold part of the challenge. On the second half of the challenge I will also move pieces with Danny. I will listen to Greyroofoo on where to move those pieces. I will keep my mouth shut on the second half of the challenge unless I don't understand something that Greyroofoo tells me. If we decide to elect a second leader on this part of the challenge, I would listen to them as well. I wish to put extra effort into this challenge.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #234
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Im also excellent at puzzles, but not very good at finding stuff.

If you have a good calm rating or better, maybe you could be the one person who provides Greyroofoo with imput on how to put together the puzzle on the second half of the challenge (while moving pieces around). I think it is important that not many people talk on the 2nd half, but we'd probably be better off if one person was also helping in solving it.

Anyways, I'm out and won't be back until after 4:30 pm.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #235
SnDvls
Pro Starter

we work as a team of 5 to put the puzzle (according to the challenge post by Autumn) together so there isn't a need for a caller just a leader (Greyfoo)

Autumn if that isn't your intent I suggest you better word your challenge post

my PM to Autumn was pretty much the same as Racer's but putting Jackal's name in there
Old 06-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #236
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I think we may have this wrong, re-reading the challenge the caller should be a person with excellent FIND & TEAMWORK skills, I have average FIND.

I will gladly lead the second part of the challenge as I think I'm the best suited for that.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #237
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I sent in my action as leader of both parts of the challenge.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #238
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY THREE CAMP RESULTS

Your third day on the island finds a tribe weary and worn out. Nearly everyone spends a good deal of the day laying under your rough shelter or in the water, trying to recover from a grueling challenge, and another cold night. Jackal in particular has to nurse his sprain. Luckily by the time of the challenge you all feel in much better shape.

You now have fire, bought through the loss of a second tribe member. That helps a great deal. In combination with your food stores, you have two thirds of what would make for a restful day on teh beach. However, your shelter ... well it lacks quite a bit. A couple of people make an effort to improve it, but it will take much more than that to make a difference in how it performs. It remains very rudimentary, and you spend the rainy time getting fairly wet again.

You each lose two health points due to your lack of complete shelter. (Your total will be altered after the challenge). No one added to your food stores today, so you are down to roughly one day's supply.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #239
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think we may have this wrong, re-reading the challenge the caller should be a person with excellent FIND & TEAMWORK skills, I have average FIND.

I will gladly lead the second part of the challenge as I think I'm the best suited for that.

I think the finding part is only for the blindfolded ones as we can't see and you as the caller/leader can.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #240
SnDvls
Pro Starter

So who do we want to send to exile??? I vote HeyBrad....he seems week as a "character" and would suffer the most over there.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #241
Autumn
Head Coach

Feel free to start planning the Exile Island thing. I will have you choose after Tribal Council, however, so as to be sure you're not sending someone already heading home.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #242
Autumn
Head Coach

I will need you guys to come to consensus in thread about who to send.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #243
Autumn
Head Coach

Or to make things easier, just pick a first and a second choice.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #244
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Or to make things easier, just pick a first and a second choice.

please see my post in the main thred. This is a big stratigic choice so picking after trible alters whom we're looking at.

I think we'd have to really see what the outcome is first before coming to a choice if that is the case so we'd need time after trible to decide. If you let us pick just prior to trible it would make it way more interesting.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #245
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I think we should vote chesapeake since he's the Boy Scout leader and is probably their best at finding camp and food.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #246
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Alright I think previous knowledge of how those players comes into play. I know Hoops is a really good player and I don't think we should send him.

What about the rest?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #247
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Basically, I think we should send whoever we think might be one of their weaker strategic players.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #248
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think we should vote chesapeake since he's the Boy Scout leader and is probably their best at finding camp and food.

I'll go ahead and make this my place holder choice. Of the names from the list, the only ones I don't think I've ever played Werewolf with are Darth and MapleLeafs. I believe I have played against Chesapeake, but I don't remember ever doing or saying much.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #249
Danny
Head Coach

I agree that we should not for a strong player. Hoops is out. Darth may not be bad candidate as his schedule makes it tough for him on some days.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #250
Danny
Head Coach

Looking at their activity, I may vote for heybrad and take him out of the possible vote.