Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #51
hoopsguy
General Manager

PM me with the spot - I might be able to help.

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #52
WVUFAN
College Starter

If you have a subscription to GameTap, this game comes with the Gold subscription.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #53
hoopsguy
General Manager

So would anyone be interested in a multi-player game? I have barely dipped my toe in the water on this, but have heard it is pretty easy (both setup and play).

If people want to make it a little more challenging, I would suggest the following house rules:
1. Players6 mod for multiplayer
2. No spending any points on either spells or attributes until first death.
3. Upon each death, player has the option to spend one point on either a spell or an attribute. These points can be banked, if desired
4. No spending more than 10% of income purchasing any single item
5. May only purchase a maximum of three items per locale (Greece = locale, not city = locale)
6. No item swapping between alts, although MP trades between players with items found in MP game is allowed and encouraged
7. Complete all side quests.
8. No "farming" to get better equipment
9. Can purchase unlimited health and energy potions
Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I would be interested in multi-player, but it depends on when others were free vs my own schedule.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #55
hoopsguy
General Manager

Open for suggestions. For me, evenings from 9PM - 1AM (EST) work most of the time. Weekends is a mixed bag.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #56
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Open for suggestions. For me, evenings from 9PM - 1AM (EST) work most of the time. Weekends is a mixed bag.

Will I need Immortal Throne to play with you guys?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #57
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think everyone needs to be on the same version for MP. Not 100% sure on this, but would be very surprised if it is not the case. So probably yes.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #58
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I am the same on weekends (mixed bag). Unfortunately my times aren't quite as good as yours since my day starts earlier. I pretty much am locked into 8pm - 11pm (EST) Monday or Wednesdays. If I'm the odd man out and others are interested, no need to try to accommodate me .

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #59
gi
College Prospect

Steam has TQ Gold for $19.99, includes both the original game and expansion. I'd like to end around 11pm EST, start time can be anywhere from 8pm to 10pm EST, depending on the baby's sleep schedule and the wife. If we go over...we go over. Weekends are hit or miss, but late is always better on the weekends.

Link to the Players 6 mod:

hxxp://titanquestvault.ign.com/View.php?view=TitanMap.Detail&id=114
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #60
hoopsguy
General Manager

If Thursday night works for people I would love to start a game that evening. I'm CST and also working around baby sleep schedule, so I'm likely to be available sometime around 9:15 PM EST.

I would recommend that GI be the person who is coordinating the initial game, as he has more multi-player experience and will be available earlier in the evening than me. If you are interested in starting up with us, post in the thread or PM GI and we'll see if we can get liftoff with this.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #61
hoopsguy
General Manager

Starting a game now.

Game: SquidAhoy
Password: fofc
Old 03-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #62
gi
College Prospect

Started a game with hoopsguy, using his house rules

game name: gi
Password: fofc
Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager

Played for about two hours with GI with this ruleset. It is very, very hard with two players. Having a third player would make it a lot more sporting.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #64
gi
College Prospect

Had a lot of fun, but it is slow and very hard. 3rd person would make things a lot easier, a 4th would be ideal.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #65
Danny
Head Coach

I just started a campaign, currently level 6 with my warrior on Normal difficulty. I don't have any house rules since I am still figuring out this game. I would be open potentially to playing multi player. I have the expansion as well, but right now am playing the original.

I
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #66
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
So would anyone be interested in a multi-player game? I have barely dipped my toe in the water on this, but have heard it is pretty easy (both setup and play).

6. No item swapping between alts, although MP trades between players with items found in MP game is allowed and encouraged

How could you trade between alts anyway? This is only in multiplayer?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #67
gi
College Prospect

The Caravan has two sections, a character storage area and an area to share upon all your characters.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #68
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Caravan is one of the expansion options, if I recall correctly. There is a Caravan guy in the original town.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #69
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

If I could hammer out a solid schedule with the hardcore SG in City of Heroes I could probably figure out a decent time to add this in. Weekdays tend to be booked until 10pm eastern(yay retail). Sunday nights would be awesome, but again, I'm not sure how much that will be open because it may get filled.

Played the demo a bit and liked it enough to where I wanted to eventually get the game, but haven't done so. I guess playing CoH taught me how much I prefer to play something where I have the builds set in stone before even playing it. I might have to hit up some of the TQ forums and get some feedback on any builds I might do just in case you guys might not cut it. (whistles innocently)
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #70
Danny
Head Coach

I started over using the expansion to play through the game (I thought I had to start with the original) and since I played a few levels, I am going to use some of these rules.

Quote:
1. Players6 mod for multiplayer
4. No spending more than 10% of income purchasing any single item
5. May only purchase a maximum of three items per locale (Greece = locale, not city = locale)
7. Complete all side quests.
8. No "farming" to get better equipment
9. Can purchase unlimited health and energy potions

Basically everything except the skill and spell points because I want to experience them playing through.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:14 AM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sunday nights from about 9-11PM EST works for me if it is good for others. Start time may be a little variable based on when my kid goes to bed, but should be close to 9PM.

There is a ton of good info at titanquest.net or you can post questions about builds here and I'm sure some of the FOFC regulars can help.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #72
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'll try to be there around 9.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #73
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

And the forum just came up for me.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #74
hoopsguy
General Manager

I actually lost track of this tonight with the NCAA tourney and then my kid staying up later. But I heard from NeonChaos and Danny via AIM and got a little bit of TQ in. I now have a slew of Level 1-6 characters for MP

I'm up for doing this sometime this week, or else just shooting for next Sunday to see if we can get a bigger group going for a regularly scheduled time slot.

If people want to play higher level alts that is great too. Currently I've got a Level 25 alt that can probably play up a few levels as long as it is on Normal. Or I can work on building up one of my other alts a few levels if someone wants to play somewhere in the 12-20 range.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #75
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I should be listed as matthean on Steam. I went and got the list of alts going. So far I've got 4 running.

Level 2 Dream, Fadeaway
Level 3 Storm, Korakin
Level 2 Warfare, Matthean
Level 1 Nature, Autumn Grace

Are there enough slots to have one of every set?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #76
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops, if the level 25 is your alt, which one is your main?

So far these are my characters.

Level 17, Conquerer (warfare/defense), Braxe
Level 5, Druid (nature and will pick storm when I hit 8), Pondura

Tue/Thu are bad for me, but other days/nights feel free to let me know if you want to play online.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #77
hoopsguy
General Manager

FireSpirit - Level 34 Conjurer, fully powered up, blew ironman mode at Level 25, now moving through Act IV on Normal.
cdp - Level 32 Conqueror, early version of "house rules" in single player (kind of a gimp for his level), predicting bad things for this guy with Typhon.
SonOfSquid - Level 25 Hunter, currently playing single player w/house rules, detailed in dynasty forum (major gimp for his level)
SquidIII - Level 5 Defender, intended for 6player mod
SquidLife - Level 5 Stormcaller, intended for 6player mod + house rules
SuperSquid - level 8 Dreamkiller, multiplayer, no house rules or 6max

Last edited by hoopsguy : 04-01-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #78
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

If anybody wants to hop on around 9pm, post here. I'll be leveling my guys, but I went and got the x6 mod waiting to just be renamed. I already backed up the original.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #79
Danny
Head Coach

None for me tonight unfortunately. I did level Braxe to 19 this afternoon.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #80
hoopsguy
General Manager

Matthean, if you are around I'm up for playing for another 60-90 minutes tonight. I'll look to see if there is an FOFC game up and running.

Creating 6max game now:
Name: FOFC
Password: trout

Last edited by hoopsguy : 03-23-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #81
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'll do one with my name in it and then use fofc as the password. It's pretty much what I'll use as a default. That is, if I don't see one of yours.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #82
hoopsguy
General Manager

Darn it, having problem hosting a game ... have seen this before, appears to be a Vista problem. Matthean, would you be able to host a game?

Edit - now I can't join one either? Argh, this is beyond annoying.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 03-23-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #83
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Darn it, having problem hosting a game ... have seen this before, appears to be a Vista problem. Matthean, would you be able to host a game?

Edit - now I can't join one either? Argh, this is beyond annoying.

Do I have to be using the x6 mod? Just using the standard one right now.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #84
hoopsguy
General Manager

I believe the message I would get if that was the issue would suggest that we are on different versions - based on an earlier conversation with NeonChaos. The message I'm getting is "network problems detected".

I'm trying a .NET Framework update (3.5 w/SP1) to see if that fixes the issue. If that does not I'll go back in with the other database.

FWIW, I connected just fine last night with Danny w/o using the 6player database. But I would be pretty surprised if that had anything to do with "network problems detected".
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #85
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, hit level 5 and getting close to 5.5 just waiting on you.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #86
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like this fix worked. I'll be coming on now without the 6player mod.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #87
Eilim
High School Varsity

Ack, hopelessly addicted to the game again. Having a blast trying completely different mastery combos. For the first time I've even stuck with a toon that didn't have defense as one of his mastery skill lines. Decided to go with Warfare/Spirit, and loving it. Was a death machine before I decided to grab the fan bugfix patch which fixed the broken skills, now its insane.

Here's "Uafasach the Spellbreaker" with his bud 'Jobarn' right after dinging 26.

Stylin' in the Obsidian armor. Took me forever to get the breastplate with my first toon, got two with Uafasach shortly after setting foot in Egypt.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #88
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think I've got three pieces of the Obsidian gear if you want to go for putting together the whole set.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #89
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, what did the fan bugpatch fix? I haven't seen any glaring issues with the game but maybe I'm missing out on some "broken skills"?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #90
JPhillips
General Manager

I've never gotten more than one piece of a set. I did, though, get two killer legendary items my second time through Midas' labyrinth. I went in with about 600 in armor and left with a tad over 1100. I feel good about my prospects in Egypt.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #91
Eilim
High School Varsity

For my Spellbreaker it was bunch of skills not working as advertised. On the Spirit side... Ravages of Time, Ternion, and some issues with the Liche King. On the Warfare side, Triumph didn't work properly.

When I found this out, I checked out the readme for the fix and noticed they took care of alot of armor and drop issues I had never noticed but I guess were obvious to anyone who looked in the database.

Readme:

Quote:
What is fixed? [FIX]

Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.16

Monsters
- Polyphemus now gets the proper resistance across difficulties
- Frozen monsters with unique spears are now fixed
- Odontotyrannus (Beast) no longer drops Demons Blood charm.
- Double resistances from undead were removed

Items
- Removed double -%recharge for normal Shaman's Helm and Shaman's Leggings that
were implemented in previous patches. Normal Shaman Helm and Leggings now get
a single -5%recharge bonus.
- Nightmistress' Staff projectile range has been restored, and new projectile is more visible
- Legendary Tiger Claw now gives a proper OA bonus
- Attackspeed of Shiverblood fixed
- Hermes Sandals now has proper bonuses for all three difficulties
- Hermes Sandal movement speed bonus increased to 5/6/7 for N/E/L
- Scepter of the Liche King's base damage fixed
- Might of Hephaestes now activates it's granted skill properly
- Batrachos Greaves have been restored to give +%DA instead of DA again

Skills
- Coredweller now casts Taunt when in agressive mode
- Mortal Wound now has consistent increase levelling up.
- Ravages of Time icon is now replaced with a square to show it's an active
skill
- Vision of Death now properly causes all successfully feared monsters to flee instead of sometimes getting stuck
- Liche King's Arcane Blast can now be used if the Liche is lower than level 5

Miscellaneous
- Persephone's mesh is now fixed
- Near invisible projectiles on staffs without base damage are now replaced by
a more visible projectile

Quests
- The attribute points you get from the Great Emperor are no longer forfeited
if you exit the game before talking to him. If you miss your opportunity, talk to Laches next to the Helos portal
- Hades Generals quest reward now finally works. If you completed the Hades Generals quest in version 1.15 or lower, reclaim your reward by talking to Laches at the Helos portal in the same difficulty in which you completed the quest.
- Stygian Lurker quest reward can now be regained. If you completed the Stygian Lurker quest in version 1.15 or lower, reclaim your reward by talking to Laches at the Helos portal in the same difficulty in which you completed the quest.
- Hidden Treasure quest no longer gives incorrect experience if you complete quest before talking to quest giver. If you completed the Hidden Treasure quest in version 1.15 or lower, reclaim your quest entry by talking to Laches at the Helos portal in the same difficulty in which you completed the quest.

Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.15

Monsters/Bosses/Devices
- Controllers Fixed for megalesios spirit
- Chest Traps Fixed (fire, frost, plaque, and poison)
- Dark Obelisk Soul Fixed
- Charon Minion Fixed
- Night Mistress Hero Fixed
- Many NPCs in Act 4 Fixed
- Mob pools through out all acts Fixed
- About 30 Mob Skills fixed

Effects
- Effects for Eruption, Wildfire, Arrows(default, marksmanship, and scatter shot)
and Dart(default) Fixed

Items
- Many Chest loot tables Fixed
- Loot Table for Clam Shell Fixed
- Many Loot Tables for mobs Fixed

Shrines
- Few Shrines in Greece, Babylon, Egypt, and Orient fixed

Quests
- Quest Objects Mushroom Chest, Root Chest, and Urn of the Titans Fixed

Misc
- Few UI Improvments (roll over style on ground items, and main hud)
- Bug in Cliff Wall of Hades Cave Fixed

Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.14
Additional Features
- Added updated Templates.arc for modders
- New Randimization Patch added

Other bugs
- Misspellings in the EN version
- Talos, Hydra and Megalesios do not drop armgear in Legendary. They drop 2x the
amount of headgear instead.

Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.13 and before

Bugged skills
- Ravages of Time does not reduce damage.
- Nymph actually does less damage on level 19 and 20.
- The last 2 levels of Mortal Wound should be 410 and 445
- The minus physical damage from Fatigue is totally messed up
- Pets aren't able to use petskills above their max level
- Level 11 and 12 of Reflection yield no increase
- Ternion Attack,the skill of "Spirit Mastery" will not take advantage of the
"projectile speed bouns" witch Arcane Lore offered.
- Triumph does not reduce damage

Bugged items
- Homados/Barbarian's Spiked greaves gives a wrong bonus
- Some damage bonuses don't work correctly. As can be seen in the editor, they
should give two bonuses, but only one displays (and works). It concerns the
following suffixes: "of Destruction, "of Carnage", "of Devastation" and "of Annihilation".
- Normal affixes on equipment in Epic/Legendary
- Epic Herakles relics give better bonuses than Legendary ones
- The +%Armor Protection completion bonus for Theban and Battlemage sets does work, but does
not display correctly.
- Armour on Ismene's Bracers is not given
- The diseased plumage and venom sac charms sometimes don't yield a completion bonus.
- -%recharge and -%energy cost on Divine scroll of Archmages Fury doesn't work.
- Schlilsh's Skinner (MI sword of the swamp Anourans); the bleeding damage it does is messed
up across the difficulties
- Affixes that grant a -%recharge bonus don't work.
- Erebus Crystal completion bonus mixes up Legendary with normal bonus
- Overseer's Crest should give +2 to earth enchantment but doesn't.
- Golden Fleece doesn't give the right amount of -%energy cost cost.

Bugged quests
- The Stygian Lurker gives the quest reward, but it disappears after exiting
the game.
- The Quest for Hades Generals does partially work, but not completely.

Bugged drops
- The loot tables are messed up, some items do not drop correctly. A partial
fix for this was made.
- Some bonuses that were obviously intended (+2 defensive skills on shields,
+1/2 to certain class skills on staves and some more).
- The Hermes Sandal relic is present in the database, but doesn't drop
- The Hermes Sandal relic doesn't give bonuses on completing
- Drop rates for Ismene's Helm - enemies have 0% chance to wear this.
- Revenant Greaves are now available in Epic and Legendary too
- Bloodborn Leggings; the correspondent table refers to helmets instead of
leggings.
- Shaman Helms - gets -12% recharge at Normal, 0% at Epic and Legendary.
- Shaman Leggings - gets -12% recharge at Normal, 0% at Epic and Legendary.

Multiplayer bugs
- Phoenix (Legendary)The Heat Shield skill insta-kills allies.

Other bugs
- Some textures are not readable by textureviewer
- Numerous bad linkage errors in the database
- Blacksmith in Epic Knossos doesn't sell helmets.
- Merchants do not sell bows in Epic Act 2.
- +% damage bonuses on relics aren't working correctly in beta patch v1.09RC

Unofficial patch bugs
- Leonidas (NPC from Sparta/Athens) is frozen in patch 1.12RC
- hopefully fixed all the not moving npc/monsters, the animation files were
removed from a lot of the dbr's in xxdxxd's collection of fixes that luedtke
added to the patch
- Some mobs became rather powerful with patch 1.12RC, so some of their items
were removed again

Performance bugs
- Tower of Judgement entrance is stuttering, which causes lagging.
- The Crystal room stuttering causes lagging.
- The game files were organized better to give a small perfomance increment

Minor bugs
- Completed Embodiment of Anubis relic displays wrong. (It's lifted).
- Spearmen from athens have swords in their right hands.

Additional Features
- The skins of the Allskins Mod were included in the patch. This enables you to
see many skins on multiplayer and be able to trade the skin bottles from
other players and apply them. To use these skins yourself you need to use the
Allskins Mod though.

*Link to post with download*

Also liked the fact I was able to get experience for a quest that bugged out on me after I hit the locations in the wrong order. Wasn't expecting to be able to fix that.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #92
Eilim
High School Varsity

Dola:

Quote:
I think I've got three pieces of the Obsidian gear if you want to go for putting together the whole set.

I actually have the whole set on my old character I played when I first got the game (thanks to your damn dynasty post..), I just remember it taking me forever to get once I started trying. Especially the breastplate. That's why I was so shocked to get two of them so quickly. I think I'm also up to about 4 or 5 Fell blades. Sadly, not even using them.. Even though they look pretty sweet.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #93
gi
College Prospect

I have a number of sets/items on my alts. I'm only playing Hoopsguy's house rules now, so I'd be happy to spread the wealth.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #94
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

Level 2 Dream, Fadeaway
Level 3 Storm, Korakin
Level 2 Warfare, Matthean
Level 8 Nature/Dream, Autumn Grace

Updating.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #95
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just got done with fantasy baseball draft if anyone wants to get in some MP tonight.

Also, I've been updating my character list over the course of the week.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #96
hoopsguy
General Manager

Once again, I'm having "network problems" errors. Is anyone else running this on Vista and seeing these errors? There are many forum threads on this topic, but no definitive answers. I've tried about every .NET update that exists, as well as all firewall settings, AV settings, standard Vista app troubleshooting (run as admin, XP SP2 mode), etc.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #97
Danny
Head Coach

Level 36, Conqueror (warfare/defense), Braxe
Level 10, Druid (nature/storm), Pondura

Updated. Beat the game on normal with Braxe last night (actually 4 this morning).

Last edited by Danny : 03-29-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #98
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, there is a skill that Storm gets where it slows things down that are near you, but I try to add it to the quick keys and yet it doesn't show. Am I missing something with this power?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #99
hoopsguy
General Manager

Matthean, is it one of the ones that is automatically on? For example, the Defense skill that boosts shield block is automatically applied, without taking any energy cost.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #100
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Level 36, Conqueror (warfare/defense), Braxe
Level 10, Druid (nature/storm), Pondura

Updated. Beat the game on normal with Braxe last night (actually 4 this morning).

Congrats. Time to start collecting some Legendary items once you get to Epic.