Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2005, 08:01 AM   #301
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

I am currently reading your second season, great stuff. You inspired me to dust off my copy and put away EHM05 and I have honestly never been so into a game in my life. Not sure if I should thank you or not .

Anyway, stupid question for you...If I am managing a Conference National or North/South team. What is the best way to find players available for loan? Or Should I find potential players who I would think may be available but are not listed for loan and inquire?

The reason I am asking is it seams like some of my rivals are getting guys that are not even "loan" listed?

Thanks
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #302
Koryo
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip
I am currently reading your second season, great stuff. You inspired me to dust off my copy and put away EHM05 and I have honestly never been so into a game in my life. Not sure if I should thank you or not .

Anyway, stupid question for you...If I am managing a Conference National or North/South team. What is the best way to find players available for loan? Or Should I find potential players who I would think may be available but are not listed for loan and inquire?

The reason I am asking is it seams like some of my rivals are getting guys that are not even "loan" listed?

Thanks

Go for Championship players who are in their teams reserve squads. Just about anyone is fair game. I load up on loaners and will try not to pay any of their salary if possible. I especially like to get players that I can loan for the entire season so that they can develop some coherence with the rest of my squad. Once you reach League 2 (if your training facilities are at least adequate) but definitely League 1 is when you should approach fringe players on Premiereship teams who will be superstars at your level.
Koryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #303
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

ah, yes...

the infamous "let's ask advice questions in a dynasty thread."

I've done this many a time in EF27's dynasty.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip

Thanks

You are welcome

If you have an AM, you can go to search then pick players. Then you can set a filter to look for loan listed players, and then ask the AM to filter out unrealistic targets. Alternatively, you can avoid checking this box (which is unavailable if you don't have an AM) and just to go after guys you think you might get. You'll get plenty of rejections, but every once in a while you will get lucky

Also, what Koryo said is very good advice as well.

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread (or next season's which should be starting in the next few days.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #305
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 18, 2016 -

Today we play Latvia in our European Football Championship Group Stage Match. They are a relatively weak team with no significant stars.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

GK: Chris Taylor
DL: Steve Turner
DC: Ben Bennett
DC: Wayne Dunn
DR: OWen Hargreaves
ML: Stewart Downing
MC: Nigel Reo-Coker
MC: Michael Wood
MR: David Prutton
SC: Wayne Rooney
SC: Craig King

S1: Paul Robinson
S2: Mark Tucker
S3: Jamie Cook
S4: Jermain Defoe
S5: David Evans
S6: John Hall
s7: Bob Wright
Old 07-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Alexander Gnedoy with a vicious check on Rooney.. he is given a red card and ejected.

33 minute mark: Wood passes it to Rooney in the box... he shoots.. upper left corner.. past the keeper.. it hits the crossbar.

35 minute mark: Stolcers tackles Downing hard.. Downing is hurt. I put Hall on for him.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We are playing surprisingly lackluster.

50 minute: I demand the guys pick up the pace and press the attack.

64 minute mark: Rooney is tripped in the box.. Wood takes the penalty shot.. blasts it into the lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

70 minute mark: Defoe on for King and Cook on for Wood.

74 minute mark: Reo-Coker steals it..pass to Hall.. Hall crosses to Defoe.. Defoe with a header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

89 minute mark: Wayne Dunn with a hard two footed tackle. Red card for Dunn.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 17-7 (9-3 on target)

John Hall wins MoM, 9 for form, 21 of 27 passes, 3 key passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 2 runs.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 19, 2016 -

Lucio rejected my contract big. It looks like we aren't going to be able to afford the big money he wants to coach.

Stewart Downing has been voted Manchester United Player of the Year by Supporters.

We've gotten several new U18 players from our academy including a very promising 15 year old keeper, but he is very raw at this point.

We've been given 24.5 million dollars for EPL TV Rights for the upcoming year.

We will play Liverpool in the English Community Shield on August 7th.

30 million dollars in dividends will be paid out to shareholders this year.

Our transfer budget for the upcoming year is only 17.5 million dollars

The board is delighted with my performance and expects us to win the EPL Title again this year.

Wood thanked me for helping him get his first international goal the other day.

(OOC NOTE: As soon as this international competition is over, I'll start next season's thread.)
Old 07-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #308
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 21, 2016 -

Today we play Romania in a must win game to advance (I think.) Romania has injuries to most of their stars, but Sorin Gheroghe, a 24 year old left winger playing for Celta is dangerous. Also, Cristian Chivu is still playing well for them. Gameschi Gabz is a good keeper.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

GK: Taylor
DL: Turner
DC: Bennett
DC: Evans
DR: Johnson
ML: Hall
MC: Reo-Coker
MC: Wood
MR: Eagles
SC: Tucker
SC: King

S1: Robinson
S2: Defoe
S3: Cook
S4: Rooney
S5: Hargreaves
S6: Prutton
s7: Wright
Old 07-19-2005, 08:29 PM   #309
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

22 minute mark: Hall passes to King in the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

44 minute mark: Cozma passes to Gheorghe.. he passes to Ianu in the box.. Ianu shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1.

60 minute mark: I tell the offense to be much more aggressive.

70 minute mark: Rooney on for Tucker and Cook on for Wood.

72 minute mark: Eagles passes to Hall in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

86 minute mark: WTF. For no apparent reason Eagles passes the ball out of bounds after Rooney passed it to him right of the net. This pass wasn't even close to anybody.

Game over. 1-1 tie. I'm not sure if we will advance now...

We were outshot 11-3. Disgusting. (3-1 on target in their favor.)

John Hall wins MoM, 8 for form, 24 of 32 passes, 4 key passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 3 of 3 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Latvia beat Serbia & Mont 2-1. Therefore, Latvia has advanced along with Serbia & Mont. This is a humiliating defeat for me as England's manager.

Not the best way to end this year, but it is time to go onto a new year.