Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
muns
Pro Starter

From Coaching to Managing the Coaching- FBCB AD Dynasty

So I have been playing around with wanting to do an interactive dynasty where there are some of us being the athletic director for schools within the FBCB universe.

I started this concept a while ago here, but burnt myself out trying to be the entire AD for the entire conf. it got pretty big, and overall it was just too much to handle.

Before I can even get to that point of anything interactive, I figured I would start a solo version first and flush out the kinks.

Instead of being the AD for an entire conf, I am going to be the AD for one school and if we start winning, ill add more teams later.

The team I'm starting with is Maryland Eastern Shore and this is what the Universe looks like.

We have full conference movement on, and only The big tourney and the NIT and that's it. Gonna have to win to make it to anything in this universe.

Not sure the format or all the rules for how I am going to hire coaches, but when I get to that point ill figure it out.

We are using Britrocks file for the start, so the Prestiges of the schools are more in line with where I think they should be. Shout out to Brit for the hard work and for letting us have his hard work on the files.

Head Coach firing is off, don't want the AI doing my work for me, but I have job offers on so that I can let guys go who realistically would move on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100.jpg (255.4 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-12-2015 at 05:48 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
muns
Pro Starter

Our first coach is Gino Hoelscher. He looks to be ok. Decent recruiting for being 26 and is a level 4. My expectations for him aren't all that high. Gonna give the man a few years I think until he can bring his own guys into the fold. The roster is pretty darn crappy, but that is what you expect when you are at a school with a prestige of 8.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99.jpg (226.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #3
muns
Pro Starter

We go 5-24 and 3-13 in the conf. Good for last place. Again not expecting much for a while so no big deal here.

Around the league. Arizona, Texas A&M, Villanova, and Michigan were the final 4 this year. Not teams that are surprising to me, but the seeds were.

Arizona was a 1 seed, Michigan was a 7, Nova was a 2 and Texas A&M was a 10 seed.

So of course Michigan and Texas A&M made the title game right. Michigan brings home the first title in the Universe with a 74-62 win.

Our Freshman Center Scott Masters was named to the freshman team. He had terrible stats, and isn't even worth showing or writing more about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98.jpg (235.8 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-12-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
muns
Pro Starter

lol this isn't good, and not exactly getting me excited about where we are headed here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 97.jpg (244.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

Not sure I like full conference movement on, that might be changing here soon and be placed back to limited.

But here are the level 5 conference changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96.jpg (216.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #6
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Good stuff! Having a few interactive dynasties going myself, I like what you're doing with this. If you ever get to the point where you take on being an AD for some FOFC coaches, I'm in.

With my interactive coaching dynasty I'm just letting the computer decide when to fire coaches, and running job offers by everybody, so yours will be different than mine, but I loved your first one. Might even go back and reread it again!
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
muns
Pro Starter

lol and the 2nd year we end up going 3-26 and 1-16 in the conf. Last place again!

Moving on up in the correct direction I see.

Iowa beat the Louisville 93-90 in a high scoring title game.

Nothing to note with our sorry squad and im not going to waste the pictures until we get something of note.

Recruiting came in at 318 good for 3rd to last in the conf.

I think its going to be a while before we even sniff respectable
Old 04-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

Conf movement still seems a bit high. but ill still keep it on for the time being.

Here are the 5 level conf changes.

I hate seeing St. Johns go down a level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95.jpg (212.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:09 PM   #9
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Good stuff! Having a few interactive dynasties going myself, I like what you're doing with this. If you ever get to the point where you take on being an AD for some FOFC coaches, I'm in.

With my interactive coaching dynasty I'm just letting the computer decide when to fire coaches, and running job offers by everybody, so yours will be different than mine, but I loved your first one. Might even go back and reread it again!

Ill get there at some point and ill make sure I let ya know. I saw your coaching one, but this would be different. So I think we would be good there. Id like to have a few mini games within the game as well, but im still a bit from all that stuff
Old 04-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #10
muns
Pro Starter

We go 6-24 and 5-11 in conference. Good for 2nd to last place. Still bringing up the rear here.

Villanova destroyed Kansas State in the title game. 104-54. Not exciting, but happy we have had all different champs so far.

Recruiting clearly got better this year, so there might be some hope. If any of the guys look decent ill highlight them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 94.jpg (255.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #11
muns
Pro Starter

David here looks good, but a pass point guard can only do so much. We still have nothing on the roster that is gonna get us anywhere to where we would like to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93.jpg (270.3 KB, 44 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #12
muns
Pro Starter

Level 5 Conference moves.

Ohhhhhh Indiana. Better step your game up guys. Getting demoted doesn't look well on that fan base!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 92.jpg (223.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #13
muns
Pro Starter

We go 7-23 and 5-11 in the conf. Good for 2nd to last place.

Starting to get a little bit annoyed with where we are and not a lot to look forward to.

Ill wait to see what recruiting looked like before offering up more commentary here.

Recruiting comes in at 322. Good for 10th out of 13.

I cant in good conscience keep this farce going can I?

Ill give him this year, but Gino needs to show me something because I cant looking at what he is doing and keep him around. 21-97 is blaaaahhhhhh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91.jpg (241.8 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-12-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #14
muns
Pro Starter

8-23 and 6-10 in conf. a minor improvement, but come on. That's all we got?

Recruiting? 344 dead last in the conf.

Gino time has just ended.

Maryland Eastern Shore will have a new coach next year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90.jpg (236.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #15
muns
Pro Starter

Rules to find a new head coach.

1. If they have a bigger budget and prestige then head coaches are off limits. At some point i'm sure this might change and we will have to come up with a solution but for the time being that will work at a lower rated school.

2. Assistants are fair game anywhere, however needs to be realistic. For example my coach level was 4 when I fired him. I cant take Louisville's recruiting coordinator that is level 11. He should be able to get a better job with that.

Last edited by muns : 04-12-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
muns
Pro Starter

After a long search process We have Landed Travis Francisco

We love that Travis has had some big boy experience at LSU and UCONN. We also love that he has been to the tournament the past 4 years at multiple different stops.

We are hoping his level of recruiting will be able to help land us the DMV kids that can actually play some ball unlike Geno. We also like that he seems to be able to develop his guys and his 36, 84 ratings in offense and defense look good to me.

Travis has his work cut out for him but we are hopeful he can get us moving forward on the correct path.

WELCOME Aboard Travis!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89.jpg (244.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #17
muns
Pro Starter

Might have to give Travis more time than I normally would. When I fired Geno, 3 guys transferred out, and of course I forgot to put the CPU back in control of everything so instead of him trying to land transfers, he now gets to start his first season trying to land 6 guys with offers with no budget. Should be fun for him this year!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #18
muns
Pro Starter

We finish the season 2-27 and 1-15 in conf. Just a freaking ever loving disaster.

Not the way I wanted Travis to start, but that's part my fault.

Travis lands the 202 best class which is good for 5th in the conf. I'm not blown away as he did land 6 kids, but I doubt there is much quality. Next season should be more of a judge on where he might be able to recruit.

I don't mind his recruiting class at all though. He landed a 7'2 guy who will hopefully develop into a hell of a rebounder. I think it was a decent start to his tenure here actually. Im kinda excited here

Roster after TC looks like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88.jpg (279.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #19
muns
Pro Starter

We finish up 5-24 and 4-12 in conf. Last place again. Losing is getting old real quick, but im hoping that he has another decent class coming in here.

He lands the 275 class which is good enough for 6th place and smack right in the middle of the conf. I like where we are headed at the moment. 2 decent classes in a row and who knows in three years we might be able to win 16 games.

Gonna stop here for the night.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:17 PM   #20
muns
Pro Starter

Roster still doesn't look all that great, but we are better than we were with these last 2 classes so hoping for continued progress this year.

In looking at the depth chart. 7'3 Center Charles Smith needs to get more mins. I know Andrew Davis is good down there, but no too many teams can boast a 7'3 guy. He is like 11th on the chart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 87.jpg (276.6 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-17-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #21
muns
Pro Starter

We end up going 6-23 and 5-11 in conf. That puts us tied for last place with North Carolina A&T. 6 wins though is one more than last year, so hey its progress right?

Our Prestige is currently a whopping 3, next up the ladder is Farleigh Dickenson with 10. We still have a ways to go here to even start to compete here.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #22
muns
Pro Starter

Dont look now but Travis just landed the 2nd best recruiting class in the conf. Granted its only 2 kids but the kids are talented. That makes me smile, as it gives me some confidence that I did make the correct call when hiring Travis from LSU.

Slowly but surely I think we will keep improving within this conf.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 86.jpg (235.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #23
muns
Pro Starter

Carl Johnson here looks like a solid guy that is going to come in and play right away. He can shoot, handle the ball, and is athletic. I really like the kid. He has the ratings to come in and play right away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85.jpg (268.3 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-17-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #24
muns
Pro Starter

Boston College drops from the ACC and is replaced by Hofstra.

only real team of note that got flagged in my brain as far as changing conf goes.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #25
muns
Pro Starter

We still have nobody with multiple titles so no real dynasties in the universe yet. I like it. NOVA, DUKE, UCLA, and LOUISVILLE all have been to 3 final 4's but only have gotten the job done once.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84.jpg (245.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #26
muns
Pro Starter

I like our starting 5. I still wish Travis would get Charles Smith some more mins so he could develop more, but he is running the show here. Not gonna override him and what he is doing.

Freshman Carl Johnson I think is going to take the conf by storm, so im really hoping we take a huge step in conf this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83.jpg (305.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 06:01 PM   #27
muns
Pro Starter

We go 7-23 and 5-11 in conf. Another minor uptick in wins this year.

Recruiting comes in at 185 which is good for 4th in the conf. Still like the way we are heading. Hoping the wins are going to start to come in shortly.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:05 PM   #28
muns
Pro Starter

Again I think we go 7 deep, and they are decent. Still don't have enough depth yet, but I think we can continue to improve. I would love to see a 500 season, but still might be a year away. Carl Johnson looks to be a beast this year after averaging 10 points a game last year as a freshman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 82.jpg (296.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #29
muns
Pro Starter

So im kinda shell shocked at the moment. So its a Friday, and im stuck at home doing another damn grad school group project, and i'm not paying attention to the sim. I know we aren't good, so I have it go through the entire season and then ill pick it up do some updates and ill repeat right.

So This year we end up going 7-22 and 6-10 in the conf. That was good for a 4 way tie for 2nd to last place. Im happy about that. Win one more game and we are 9th place and 2 more games and we would be in 6th. You know the kind of improvement that we are striving for. But with 7 wins that was another improvement in wins and I cant complain about that at all.

What shocked the hell out of me was when I looked at the game I was 12-23 overall. I immediately went to the conf tourney and we won 4 straight games. We were the 11th seed, and we ended up beating the 6,3,7 and 8 seeds. We just lucked the hell out into the NCAA tourney. the 1 and 4 seeds go down before we get to them and the stars aligned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81.jpg (211.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 07:13 PM   #30
muns
Pro Starter

that however wasn't enough though. We ended up playing Seattle in the play in game and when I look at their record it was just as terrible as ours was.

We actually won that game as well, by a stinking point. We not only made the tourney, but won a game in it!

How fun was that for a team that blows pretty bad.

Our stud PG Carl Johnson came up huge for us. 17 points, 5 board, 4 assists with only 1 turnover.

It was a nice magical season that I didn't even know was occurring. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80.jpg (317.6 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-17-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #31
muns
Pro Starter

Forgot to note in the last post. the number 1 seed Marquette blew by us by 35 the game after.

Syracuse beat UCONN in a terrible title game 80-48.

Hopefully for us recruiting was good, and we can use this years ncaa squad (I cant even say that with a straight face) to build on and improve the teams prestige.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #32
muns
Pro Starter

Recruiting game in a 194 which put us in 3rd place in the conf. First time we landed two 3 star kids. So there is more reason to continue to be excited about the rebuild Travis is doing here.

Travis has been here 5 years now and everybody on the roster is now his.
Our Prestige has gone from 3 to 13 which ties us for 2nd worst in the conf. I will take a 10 point jump anyday though.

Overall Travis is 32-120 for a win % of 21. lol terrible, but im still sticking with him. Hoping he can pull some better guys recruiting wise with the prestige upgrade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 79.jpg (241.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 07:28 PM   #33
muns
Pro Starter

I have no idea what to expect this year but center Charles Smith grew another inch and will now be holding down the starting spot in the post at 7'4.

We don't have a lot of depth, but we do present what I think are some match up problems. Obviously with Charles there, and Carl Johnson.

While I don't think another tourney run will happen, I really would like to see us get to the 5-6 spot and I think that can be do-able.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78.jpg (275.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #34
muns
Pro Starter

We end up going 10-20 and 6-10 in the conf. That's good enough for a 3 way tie for 2nd to last place.

I'm starting to have some doubts about Travis and his ability to get us over the hump. We are on the cusp of being in the middle of the league, but still cant seem to get there
Old 04-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #35
muns
Pro Starter

and just as I post that Travis lands the 83rd class in the nation. First in the conf and highlighted by Charles Hardaway, 112 ranked recruit in the nation.

If we can build around Charles here, just maybe that hump comes sooner rather than later.

I will say im starting to get a tad bit impatient as the AD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77.jpg (264.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 08:35 PM   #36
muns
Pro Starter

Not expecting a whole lot this year. I would love to report that we should take a step forward but im not expecting it.

Hardaway starts at Center and Carl Johnson moves to SG this year. Other than those 2 we don't have a whole lot. Just a bunch of role players. Maybe they will gel together and do something but im not optimistic at this point
Old 04-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #37
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sweet.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #38
muns
Pro Starter

I actually thought we did it again, but fell one game short.

We finish up the season at 15-18 and 8-8 in the conf. We lost in the title game to a lower ranked Faileigh Dickenson team 72-65 which is kind of ball busting.

We beat number 2 seed Elon by 11, but cant handle the 9 seed.

We missed a huge opportunity to take a GIANT leap forward there.

Ohhhh well. Senior Carl Johnson was named 1st team all conf and as expected Hardaway earned all freshman honors
Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #39
muns
Pro Starter

UGGGHHHHHHH

Travis shits the bed with recruiting this year, and lands the 321st class. Good for 3rd to last in the conf. One guy looks to be decent, but the rest of scrubs.

I'm afraid unless Travis can start to pull some miracles his time is going to start to run short here at UMES
Old 04-17-2015, 09:10 PM   #40
muns
Pro Starter

Carl Jonson becomes the best player in the history of UMES basketball.

Finishes up his career first in points with 1591, and 9th overall in the history of the MEAC.

9th overall in rebound with 401
2nd overall in offensive rebound with 195
2nd overll in assists with 310
6th overall in steals with 71
91st in overall blocks with 22
1st in FGM made with 499
2nd in free throws with 285
1st in 3 pointers with 308

Take a bow buddy. You earned your place in the ring of fame
Old 04-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #41
muns
Pro Starter

Besides Hardaway in the post we have nobody, and I mean nobody but role players.

He has the potential to be an unreal player by the time he graduates. How he landed at UMES I will never know. but ya not expecting a much this year either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76.jpg (289.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #42
muns
Pro Starter

Another small step forward again this year. We end up going 11-18 and then 9-7 in the conf. I guess I should just be a tad bit more patient with Travis as we continue to tick upwards win wise. its not huge strides, but with a bottom feeder of a team to begin with, why would there be expectations right?

One of our Senior role players made 2nd team all conf because he could rebound. Averaged 10.8 a game.

Hardaway put up 13.4 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.8 blocks a game this year.

We end up with the 288th class in the league this year. good for 3rd to last.

This is where my brian keeps going. that's 2 classes in a row that are downright terrible. Should I get rid of travis now so the other guy has a chance at a rebuild or should I just keep having faith in travis because he has brought us out of the hole, but doesn't look like we are going to be able to sustain that.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:56 AM   #43
muns
Pro Starter

Our starting 4 aren't that bad, and Hardaway is just a stud, so who knows maybe we will be mid pack this year. 9-7 last year was the best we have ever done in the conf, and I know we have had better and more talented teams in the past. Who knows, maybe the conf is getting worse overall which would let us climb a bit. Still not expecting much in terms of what we could accomplish this year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75.jpg (301.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-18-2015, 07:19 AM   #44
muns
Pro Starter

This might be our year. Holy cow am I impressed. We go 16-13 and 10-6 in the conf which is good for 2nd place.

Our first conf tourney game is against 10 seed Bethune Cookman and we beat them by 10 to move on.

Second game is against 7 seed Arkansas Pine Bluff and we beat them 74-56

Third game is against NC A&T an we blow them out 60-92.

So in the championship game we get
Old 04-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #45
muns
Pro Starter

holy crap. We just made the tourney and I didn't even know it. I thought there were 4 tourney games. Typicaly there are but since we were the 2 seed we got a buy.

Shows you how much we have lost over the years that I jus expect to play 4 games if we make it that far.

Real nice surprise though. We breezed though that tourney. Fun to see
Old 04-18-2015, 07:26 AM   #46
muns
Pro Starter

We are the 14 seed (wow not even a 16) and we face off against 3 seed Seton Hall.

As I look over the Hall's roster, we have 0 chance to do this. They have blues and greens littered throughout and we have Hardaway who is a green. Not much else from our side.

As expected we lose 65-51.

We shot TERRIBLE with a field goal % of .262. UGHHHHHH

Hardaway who averages 16 a game goes 2-11 with a grand total of 5 points.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #47
muns
Pro Starter

Plenty of Awards to go around this year.

Travis wins head coach of the year in the conf
Hardaway is first teams all conf and conf player of the year
Freshman SG Ronald Nelson gets selected all freshman and was conf freshman of the year.

Nelson has a jumping ability of 93 so he was able to pull down 5.8 boards a game to go along with his 10 points and 2.5 assists. He will be a guy down the road to watch become something special here I think.

Hardaway goes for 15.9 points, 9.1 rebounds and 3.7 blocks per game. Just a man playing with boys in the MEAC for him. He is a senior next year so we are gonna miss him.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #48
muns
Pro Starter

I don't understand where we are here. While Travis has just earned himself some more time coaching this team, I cant for the life of me figure out how he forgot how to freaking recruit.

Out class this year comes in at 337 which is dead last in the conf, and the 6th worst in ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL

WTF is going on in that office they got there.

When I look at what Travis has done in his 9 years though I think its pretty good. Take a look at it for yourself.

His total wins blow, but every year sands 2 he has improved his overall wins, and every year in the conf he either stayed the same or improved.

Besides this string of crappy classes he has done a real nice job I think.

Who knows maybe these classes suck but they are good at one thing and they gel together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74.jpg (271.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-18-2015, 07:46 AM   #49
muns
Pro Starter

Very High expectations for this year. As you can see from the depth chart we have a stud and the reigning conf player of the year in hardaway. The conf freshman of the year in Nelson and 2 other guys that are rated green.

Not bad at all. Just off colors alone this is our most talented team ever here at UMES.

Almost forgot, while I do have the settings that the CPU will hire its assistants, I brought a new recruiting coordinator in. Well, I kind of take that back, I fired the old one, and the game brought a new one in. Either way I am hoping that helps to fix our freaking recruiting issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 73.jpg (306.3 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #50
muns
Pro Starter

Another good year for us as we go 18-11 and 10-6 in the conf. Our conf improved leaps and bounds this year so at 10-6 that was only good for 4th place. I'm a bit nervous about making the tourney this year. We have a shot, but the conf is top heavy and this year should have more of the higher seeds with a shot at taking home the conf tourney title and the NCAA berth.

First up for us is the 5 seed Arkansas Pine Bluff. They went 15-15 on the year. We handle them 81-71.

Next up is the one seed Fairfield. They really dominated the conf this year going 15-1 and 22-8 overall. Their only loss was to Bethune Cookman and they only lost by 4. They blew us out both times that we met this year.

So not a good sign at all.

Well we had a good run this year. They beat us 68-58 and that was the closest game we had with them all year.

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2015 at 08:05 AM.