Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Price Jump of D&D Stuff

I was about to post on this in my ongoing D&D thread in the dynasty, but I don't know how many people are still reading that thing or digging that deeply.

I have noticed this weekend a steep spike in many older 1st, 2nd, and D&D stuff that didn's used to have a major value:

For example, two years ago, for my Hollow World campaign in the dynasty, I bought The Milenian Empire expansion for the area where a few major characters were for just $15 on April 16, 2016. Today, the cheapest on Amazon used is more than $100.

Similarly:

2016 Purchases

I purchased The Factol's Manifesto from Planescape for $16 and it's now $45.

Fall of Myth Drannor adventure spiked $10 from $13 to $23

I purchased Die, Vecna Die for $50. It's now $80.

2015 purchase

Tale of the Comet doubled from $20 to $40
Moonlight madness $5 to $12,

Savage Coast module jumped from $14 to $65. Wow!

Planes of Law boxed set went from 75 to 90
Fires of Dis 17 to 24

A Guide to the Astral Plane went from 28 to $70!

Drow of the Underdark wen from 6 to 20

A Paladin in Hell leaped from 17 to $80!!!

Nightmare Keep doubled in value from 7.50 yo 15

The Well of Worlds went from 12.50 to 20.

Master player screen (with adventure Spindle of Heaven) went from 22 to 35

The Immortal Storm module went from 8 to 25

Duchy of Ten jumped from 23 to 50

Arena of Thyatis went from 6.50 to 25.

Top Ballista leapt from $12 to $76!!!

Tall Tales of the Wee Folk went up $10.

The Milenian Scepter went from 8 to 18

Hail the Heroes went from 20 to 50.

Some things I bought haven;t moved much. I bought in 2016 the Eternal Boundary Planescape adventure for $18 and the cheapest is $20. Wrath of Olympus module hasn't moved. Neither has Deva Spark or Warriors of Heaven or In the Abyss. The Sea People dropped $2 from 26 to 24. Night Howlers did the same, dropping a couple of bucks. Others that held steady included Bestiary of Dragons and Giants, and Lost Shrine of Bundushtar and For Duty and Deity.

The Red Steel campaign box dropped from $35 to $18, btw

And those are just in the last 2.5 years! I didn't; even go back to 2014 yet!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-18-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So if you have older D&D and AD&D stuff, I'd check it out to see if it rose recently in value. This might be a good time to move it.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2014 updates:

Many modules I bought for $5-10, like Crypt of Lyzandred the Mad, the Dungeon of Death, and Night of the Vampire. Now they are all, every one, between 15 and 30.

This includes everything from the Beholder module trilogy (Eye of Pain, par example) or more.

I purchased a Judge's Guild module called Portals of Irontooth used for $5, it's now ALMOST $100!!!

Greyhawk ruins leapt from 30 to 50. Dancing Hut from 10 to 40. Temple Tower and Tomb from 7 to 37. Vortex of Madness from 8 to 43. Temple of the Frog from 17 to 44.

The Illithid series including the rules book and three modules are each over 30 and some up to 60.

Return to White Plume Mountain jumped from 7.5 to 60.

Rod fo Seven Parts 30 to 55.

Arabian Adventures sourcebook tripled from 13 to 45

Apocalypse Stone 18 to 40

Old 02-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Are prices similiar on other websites?
Old 02-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

I don't know about aftermarket prices but I know the local game shop at which I used to buy my 3.5 books has basically stopped selling anything earlier than 4e.

I do wonder if that might be a factor (i.e. "we can get more for these if we sell them online" or "holy shit no we're not spending that kind of money to get these for stocking purposes").
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I made no D&D purchases in 2013, wan't in my dynasty mod.

2012?

Not too many surprises, that's five years ago. A dventure Pack 1 rose from 10 to 25. Treasures of Greyhawk 6 to 20. Tales of the Outer Planes 6 to 20.

Many more modules made a similar parabola leap as 2014, and went from sub 10 to 20+ like Quagmire at 30 or Skarda's Mirror at 32 and Dark Clouds Gather at 22. Endless Stair at 34.

Where Chaos Reigns is just 14 right now, btw.

Twilight Calling? 10 to 42.

I only have a handful of 3rd edition books, Libris Mortis and Handbook of Vile Darkness, and the 1st went from 8 to $75 and the 2nd from 15 to $143. Whew!

2011?

I made no purchases in 2011

2010:

Get ready

I bought the Wrath of Immortals boxed set used for $38. It's now worth $270

Grand Duchy of Karameiikos Gazetteer went from 24 to 60

The Planescape Monstrous Compendium 2 leapt from $18 to $118.

Normal expected jumps of modules in the sub 10 range to 20+ like Shattered Statue now at 44 and

Ravenloft II the sequel went from $10 to $107!!!

Old 02-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Are prices similiar on other websites?

I find Amazon prices to reflect the market with things like this pretty well, given its high profile nature and number of competitors. I am citing the lowest current used copy for those prices against what I spent for mine.

Here, let's look at one book that spiked hard i mentioned earlier, Book of Vile Darkness, arguably the most iconic book from 3rd edition, and had tons of copies out there, there there are a lot of supply for it.

Let's head to ebay. I could only find three domestic copies on buy it now, the cheapest was in the high 100s, save for a single copy by a seller without any pics for the 80s.

That might be a bit too high profile a book though. How about Twilight Calling, that jumped from 10 to 40 on Amazon but isn't;t that good of a module. The cheapest domestic buy it now i could find was 30. Most were in the 40s and 50s. That one was also piced with stock copies, not pics of the module.

As opposed to say, this:

M3 TWILIGHT CALLING DUNGEONS & DRAGONS TSR 9174 3 MASTER GAME ADVENTURE MODULE | eBay

44 from a high valued ebauyer, with pcis, free shipping.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think D&D has seen a renaissance recently-with online campaigns like Critical Roll and High Rollers sparking interest in the game again both from older players rediscovering the game again and new players discovering it for the first time. It's nerdy cool now to play it not just nerdy (and possibly evil) when I played it back when it first came out. So it doesn't surprise me to see the prices go up for the older stuff.

Just want to state that I loved the Hollow World concept. It may be my second favorite campaign setting behind Dark Sun (because psionics rule)
Old 02-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I;m surprised that many first edition rules books are still cheap. I just checked books like the Fiend Folio, Monster Manual 2 and such and they are cheap. Deities and Demigods, Unearthed Arcana, etc

Old 02-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #10
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I think D&D has seen a renaissance recently-with online campaigns like Critical Roll and High Rollers sparking interest in the game again both from older players rediscovering the game again and new players discovering it for the first time. It's nerdy cool now to play it not just nerdy (and possibly evil) when I played it back when it first came out. So it doesn't surprise me to see the prices go up for the older stuff.

I don't play myself (I have recently started watching Critical Roll), but I've noticed the activity on my local gaming place's FB page has gone from 99% Magic the Gathering (which I also don't play) to about a 60:40 split of MtG and D&D (plus other various tabletop RPGs) over the past 12-18 months. I also find it interesting how many D&D guys are building terrain and minis which I wouldn't have associated with D&D at all.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm also surprised that some of this awful, horrible, rulesbooks from 2nd edition are worth stuff. The Complete Book of Villains is a horrible DM Guide, and $34 right now. Creative Campaigning? 38. But the Castle Guide which is genuinely interesting and the only place I know with great building rules is just 18. Complete Book of Humanoids is one of the best handbooks in 2nd edition for just $12. It's weird.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I don't play myself (I have recently started watching Critical Roll), but I've noticed the activity on my local gaming place's FB page has gone from 99% Magic the Gathering (which I also don't play) to about a 60:40 split of MtG and D&D (plus other various tabletop RPGs) over the past 12-18 months. I also find it interesting how many D&D guys are building terrain and minis which I wouldn't have associated with D&D at all.

I've noticed a D&D renaissance here in Vegas, too, the last few years. It's still not going to beat Magic (we have a very competitive scene here overall, including quite a few pro players), but it's been growing. I wouldn't mind getting back into a campaign myself.

I think the terrain and minis is because it's middle-aged dudes who have disposable income are able to put more money into the hobby, and having terrain/minis really enhances the experience.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:30 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Some of it is speculation, especially as the ready supply dwindles.

I still want to run a 13th age game with you yabos sometime
Old 02-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #14
Edward64
Head Coach

Didn't know about the Critical Roll. Checking it out now ... its entertaining so far (and kinda jealous, miss my college days).
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #15
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Critical role is the best show ever.

Critter here.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #16
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Didn't know about the Critical Roll. Checking it out now ... its entertaining so far (and kinda jealous, miss my college days).

Its actually a good time to check them out because they have just started a new campaign at the beginning of the year with new characters. I find them hard to watch at times because so many of their characters tend to be odd-ball ones that lets them use their talents in voice acting. That includes the DM. It leads to a more comical than serious game at times, which is cool I guess if you like that kind of game.

High Rollers is a British group from the Yogscast crew that features less experienced players mostly (I think 2 of the 4 were new to D&D at the start, and one of the others is a girlfriend to the most experienced player and was exposed to it that way). It has a more even balance of light heartedness and serious storylines. There are a whole bunch out there including some run by the guys who put out D&D today. I think the DM's name is Chris Perkins if you want to search for him on You Tube, or their official You Tube channel.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #17
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Sweet I have Libris Mortis and Book of Vile Darkness. Even at those prices compared to the original, it's not really that much. I will hang on to them.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #18
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Its actually a good time to check them out because they have just started a new campaign at the beginning of the year with new characters. I find them hard to watch at times because so many of their characters tend to be odd-ball ones that lets them use their talents in voice acting. That includes the DM. It leads to a more comical than serious game at times, which is cool I guess if you like that kind of game.

I'm about half way through the 2nd episode of the first campaign and I agree - odd-ball characters and odd-ball players too... makes for a mostly entertaining watch, but sometimes they make some really odd decisions as a group and it gives me respect for how tough it must be to be the DM in a game of D&D. I can imagine how much of your own time you'd have to put in to planning a campaign, yet have to be ready to just leave aside your well thought out plot to cater to your players' whims.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:12 AM   #19
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I didn't want to make a new thread, and I found this interesting. I am playing this weekend with a bunch of old gamers (first time starting a campaign in 10+ years) and we are playing 3.5 rules. Was looking at buying a few new books, noticed the price and said "no". It is especially crazy considering every book can be found free in pdf form.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 03-08-2019 at 06:12 AM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #20
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just an update on how crazy the appeal of Critical Role has gotten-they just had a kickstarter for an animated version of the original campaign (I think). It reached its 1 million (I think) goal in 24 hours and moved on to stretch goals. Just crazy

They had a special show in a theatre focussing on one of the main characters from the first campaign. D&D in a theatre. Just blows my mind.

Last edited by Thomkal : 03-08-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #21
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The goal was 750,000.

They had $4 mil pledged in one day.

They just broke $6 mil. With ~40 days to go.

I pledged as well.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #22
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
So if you have older D&D and AD&D stuff, I'd check it out to see if it rose recently in value. This might be a good time to move it.

I have a huge collection of stuff I've been trying to off and on to move. The initial evaluation I received was probably $1200-$1500 in value from a local shop. I've been asking less but everyone still asks me to break it up or offers off the wall trades (so far guns, yugioh, Pokémon, and just about everything imaginable has been offered).
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #23
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I didn't want to make a new thread, and I found this interesting. I am playing this weekend with a bunch of old gamers (first time starting a campaign in 10+ years) and we are playing 3.5 rules. Was looking at buying a few new books, noticed the price and said "no". It is especially crazy considering every book can be found free in pdf form.

Did you try eBay or something like that? I’ve had some success finding used 3.5 books for decent prices.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #24
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I have a huge collection of stuff I've been trying to off and on to move. The initial evaluation I received was probably $1200-$1500 in value from a local shop. I've been asking less but everyone still asks me to break it up or offers off the wall trades (so far guns, yugioh, Pokémon, and just about everything imaginable has been offered).

I finally sold this collection for $900, which was my target amount. The guy that bought everything was pretty stoked. I told my wife it probably sounds weird, but I'm happy the collection went to someone that appreciates it and didn't plan on breaking everything up.

The guy was a big collector. Confirmed the $1500 estimate was very accurate and he was surprised no one jumped earlier on buying it from me. I explained I had been offered a Glock, a giant collection of Yu Gi Oh cards, pokemon, $200 cash, and just about anything else you could imagine and just waited for a serious offer that ended up taking 6 months.

Most importantly, my wife is happy I don't have a giant crate of books taking up storage space anymore.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #25
Izulde
Head Coach

I forgot I was in the D&D thread until your last line. It's spoiler season for the new M:tG set, so my brain automatically went there.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:39 AM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Many of these have continued to spike:

Fall of Myth Drannor is now $65.00 for the cheapest, as one example, so keep checking. Maybe you wanna sell know due to the new world we live in.

Other examples:

BIG Jumps

Die Vecna Die $150
Tale of the Comet $80
Fires of Dis $55
Well of Worlds, $45
Master Player Screen $85
Deva Spark, $65

Lesser rises:

Moonlight Madness, $20
Planes of Law $100
Eternal Boundary, $35
Sea People, $35

Counters: Milenian Empire fell to $45; Savage coast dropped to $25, Guide to Astral Plane; 40; Top Ballista $35;

Some have kept even after big hits, like Paladin in Hell that leaped big to 80 and held.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-17-2020 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:10 AM   #27
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I'm just posting to say I'm amused by the Glock for AD&D books trade

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:30 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Some 2nd edition D&D stuff is up to hundreds and hundreds of dollars, like The Great Modron March ($900 for cheapest) and Planes of Conflict ($400). The Night Below? $337

Old 04-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #29
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

time for you to make a large ebay profit
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
time for you to make a large ebay profit

Not for me, just as a heads up for the rest of y'all!

Old 01-27-2023, 02:23 PM   #31
GrantDawg

I don't know who has been watching the drama over WOTC trying to change the Open Gaming License to make it more restrictive for third party creators. Hasbro, the parent company, wanted to try to squeeze every dollar out of the IP, and was going to railroad a new license that would required companies to pay royalties on revenue over a certain amount, allow the company to use creations from third party creators or players in published material without credit or payment, and the ability to change the license at any time. Huge protest ensued, with tens of thousands of DNDBeyond subscriptions being cancelled.

The protest worked. The company now how agreed not to change the license, and also put the complete rule set under a creative commons agreement that people has said will keep the basic rules free to use. I am really in shock they back down.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:29 PM   #32
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah saw a bunch of people protesting about it, had not heard it worked. Good for them(us) and F*ck Hasbro
Old 01-27-2023, 03:42 PM   #33
GrantDawg

Quote:
Yeah saw a bunch of people protesting about it, had not heard it worked. Good for them(us) and F*ck Hasbro
No doubt. I think it is lock that 6e or "One D&D" is going to not have an open license. It is going to be completely digital and subscription based with anything created having to use their digital system. But at least we are guaranteed to still have 5e to play.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:13 PM   #34
Edward64
Head Coach

Hasbro should insist on quality D&D movies and not the past grade C el cheapo movies. I’d think a blockbuster movie will bring lots of $. Hoping the new one breaks the mold.

The D&D world does lend itself to cringey stuff and doesn’t seem to translate well into movies. But quality story, acting and special effects will go a long way.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:22 PM   #35
GrantDawg

They have have green lit a tv series. It will be interesting to see what that will look like. I think they are trying to make the whole company attractive to someone like Disney to come in and swallow thrm.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2023, 04:36 PM   #36
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
The D&D world does lend itself to cringey stuff and doesn’t seem to translate well into movies. But quality story, acting and special effects will go a long way.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Trying to make a generic fantasy movie, making the stakes always as big as possible then inserting a checklist of ham-fisted D&D references/terminology & required monsters is what makes things cringey. Nobody is forcing the studios to take the same shitty approach every time.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 04:47 PM   #37
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Dola, it's basically the same issue/attitude that plagued the worst of the Star Wars prequels....just because I am a Star Wars fan does not mean that I want to watch a movie comprised entirely of call outs to the earlier Star Wars movies. "Remember C3P0??" Yes, studio morons, we all remember C3P0. The mere existence of these characters/themes is not what made the early movies great.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-27-2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:06 PM   #38
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Double dola, it's basically the differnce between:
Telling a story within a fantasy setting and
Telling a story about a fantasy setting

Some Star Wars properties eventually figured out there's a difference between the two, Idon't think any of the D&D movies ever have.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:24 PM   #39
Edward64
Head Coach

I think Star Trek has found the right formula. Paramount has done a fantastic job in growing that franchise.

I’m not into the animated series but can appreciate they are trying for that market segment
Old 03-30-2023, 07:03 AM   #40
Edward64
Head Coach

This looks pretty darn good. Check out the video.

IGN Error 403 - Unavailable (IFW-U02)
Quote:
This year's D&D Direct unveiled the new immersive virtual tabletop experience, D&D Digital Play Experience, presented by Wizards of the Coast.

With stunning visuals and diverse creation tools, the D&D Digital Play experience will give players and Dungeon Masters a new way to fully sink into their campaign. Perfect for connecting DM’s and players online or in real life.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:50 PM   #41
GrantDawg

Quote:
This looks pretty darn good. Check out the video.

IGN Error 403 - Unavailable (IFW-U02)
It does look cool, but there are many TTRPG players that really aren't happy about it. The expectation is that instead of having printed source materials and being able to play D&D One pretty low cost pen and paper making it easy to introduce people to the game, everything is going to be behind a subscription based service requiring large financial outlays on top of that. Not to mention the number of people who believe putting the game behind a screen defeats the most fundamental purpose of playing a on table top, which is being social and engaged with friends. They are afraid this is going to make it more a MMO than an in person table top experience.
I'm not saying this is me. I actually enjoyed playing online when my group did that much more than having to play somewhere else. My friends unfortunately did not, so we are back to in person gaming in an uncomfortable basement.
Old 03-31-2023, 09:20 PM   #42
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm not saying this is me. I actually enjoyed playing online when my group did that much more than having to play somewhere else. My friends unfortunately did not, so we are back to in person gaming in an uncomfortable basement.

They just want the free drinks & snacks!
Old 03-31-2023, 09:45 PM   #43
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I hate playing online. I personally never have, but I've played in multiple campaigns where one or more of the other players were remote. They'd routinely fall asleep and/or be away from the screen when their turn came up

"Warren.........WARREN WAKE UP!! Roll a perception check"
"...wh-huh??"
"Roll a d20 for perception"
"..oh yeah...hold on" [fumbling sounds]

Fucking ponderous, man, to quote Casey Kasem.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-31-2023 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:29 AM   #44
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I hate playing online. I personally never have, but I've played in multiple campaigns where one or more of the other players were remote. They'd routinely fall asleep and/or be away from the screen when their turn came up

"Warren.........WARREN WAKE UP!! Roll a perception check"
"...wh-huh??"
"Roll a d20 for perception"
"..oh yeah...hold on" [fumbling sounds]

Fucking ponderous, man, to quote Casey Kasem.

I’m with you. It just doesn’t feel the same. I couldn’t imagine a scenario you set forth with only one person remote. I think it’s easier if everyone is, but I still vastly prefer playing in person.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 09:44 AM   #45
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Or it's probably like every single other Zoom meeting in the history of the world where they're really not engaged, doing something else

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:49 AM   #46
Bobble
College Prospect

Yeah, Warren would be crossed off my list pretty quickly.

I'm a big fan of playing solo with the Mythic Game Master Emulator. I know some people have the social aspects of roleplaying much higher on their list than I do but solo is great to scratch your RPG itch without worrying about the availability of others.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:56 PM   #47
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Yeah, Warren would be crossed off my list pretty quickly.

I'm a big fan of playing solo with the Mythic Game Master Emulator. I know some people have the social aspects of roleplaying much higher on their list than I do but solo is great to scratch your RPG itch without worrying about the availability of others.
Then this new system is made for you. They plan on having a AI DM. I also find that intriguing.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM   #48
Edward64
Head Coach

I know in another digital DM system, the DM needs to buy the electronic books and the players just the software/seat.

I think that's a fair way of doing it.

I've read that 5.5 is coming out soon. I remember the 1st Edition books (the one with the centaur). Wish I had bought a set back then.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:28 AM   #49
CarterNMA
Mascot

After reading about y'all's experiences I feel pretty fortunate to have six great guys in my in-person game. We were pretty consistent in meeting for about 2.5 years before COVID, a bit spotty during COVID, and now it seems we're back to reliably meeting monthly.

I'm one of those Luddites who needs the human interaction and has zero interest in online games. We almost always meet at my house and I do provide the main course, snacks, and sodas.

I caught the movie yesterday with the two Grey Elves. Thumbs up! You should go catch it.
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:09 PM   #50
GrantDawg

Looks like much of what is coming out of the big D&D content creator summit is pretty good news. "D&D One" is now just 5e revised rules. Everything is backward compatible with all 5e products. It will be a release of new core books that will clarify some rules, include some rule revisions that are already in other books, and just attempt to make the rule books even easier to use. The fact they are publishing new books next year and not going online only is good news.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk