Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #3101
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If I go tonight ask yourself if you have been through this with hoops before.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #3102
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It's going to be really interesting to see who they kill tonight
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #3103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kudos to the wolves for leaving around talkative players, nothing worse then when it gets down to the end and we gey 3 posts every 4 hours
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #3104
Autumn
Head Coach

No, I don't have any evidence that you're a wolf. I'm seriously asking if you have any reason to doubt CR/Hoops other than standard werewolf doubt, because I would like to know if you do.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #3105
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Kill wolves kill
One less villager to be
Lie wolves lie
Make them too confused to see

Make em' turn, on each other
And another villager we'll smother

Kill wolves kill
One less villager to be

W-O-L-V-E-S
Wolves!!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #3106
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
No, I don't have any evidence that you're a wolf. I'm seriously asking if you have any reason to doubt CR/Hoops other than standard werewolf doubt, because I would like to know if you do.

No, I have no reason other than my belief that Hoops is the most devious WW player I have ever played with.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #3107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
No, I have no reason other than my belief that Hoops is the most devious WW player I have ever played with.

hear hear!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #3108
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I guess I could add that I know I'm not a wolf and I find it unlikely that you have nailed down every wolf (Lathum, PF, and Poli) at this point. I think it is more likely that Hoops + CR decided to vouch for each other after they saw Sal and Jack vouche for each other. That is something a smart wolf would do, especially when one of those two(hoops) had votes on him at that time.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #3109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

where are ya Danny?!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #3110
Danny
Head Coach

Tonight Jackal is killed. He was the bigot.

The Bigot- You believe foreigners are inferior! You have a distinct feeling that one of the group members is secretly one. Each night you may pull one player aside have a talk with them to find out if they are the foreigner. You win by lasting longer in the group than the foreigner. After succeeding you become a regular member of the group and can earn a bonus victory by also winning with the group.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #3111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmm, interesting kill choice
Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #3112
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Hoops gets my vote today.

I just dont trust him
Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #3113
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Hoops
Old 05-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #3114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so there is no way I trust Hoops or CR now. With the BG out of the way there is zero reason not to kill one of them. At best they are lovers/ brothers and at worst you reduce their circle of trust.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 AM   #3115
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I will be at the Science Center today. Sometimes I have net access there, sometimes I don't. I can't believe I'm alive this morning. I am a little surprised that I am after the way I answered hoops yesterday.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 AM   #3116
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

This drew a chuckle because I view you in the same light. And it is 100% meant as a compliment.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #3117
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so would the remaining players please indicate why you did not see any reason to vote for Lathum yesterday? I'm not saying you have to vote for him today, but I want to see the arguments for why you think that he is a villager.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #3118
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, did Jackal have the role that you thought he would have?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:26 AM   #3119
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Just incase I'm the target tonight which I doubt since you are so dead set on lynching me I want to get this out there. I think it is much more likely that one of PF, Lathum, and Poli is a wolf than all of them. I'm guessing one of them and then Hoops/CR at this point. I would be shocked if Lathum is a wolf with those two the way he has been going at it with Hoops.

The Hoops/CR play makes sense when they did it. We have to assume they did it to take the heat off Hoops so he wasn't going to be the lynch, that brings it down to 6/3(it worked). They take their chances today hoping to get through on the reveal/BS again and if it works, which it looks like a good chance right now that it will yet again that brings it down to 4/3. At that point they critisize(sp?) someone during the night phase and the voting is 3/3. I think it was end game strategy and I want this out there incase I am the target tonight.

There are a few assumptions in here that I do not know are true. I don't know if they are wrong either, but such is life with limited info.
1.) One of the above is a wolf rather than all three - I'm inclined to agree with you. I highly doubt all three are wolves.
2.) Lathum is definitely not a wolf with me/Chief since me/Chief are not wolves. But I would say that no matter what side I'm on, I guess.
3.) The criticize does bring voting to 3/3, but not the ratio to 3/3. We have no idea what happens in a tie.
4.) The above only works if there are in fact three remaining wolves rather than 2. I'm operating off this same assumption because it is safer to plan for 3 and have 2 than the reverse. But I have no idea which is in fact the truth.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #3120
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Kudos to the wolves for leaving around talkative players, nothing worse then when it gets down to the end and we gey 3 posts every 4 hours

Yep, however this does go down we have a nice group of players who will almost certainly put in their work in the thread today.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #3121
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Real quick before I go, I think/thought that the wolves wouldn't silence one of their own at this point. Seems a little risky.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #3122
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
DT, why no switch at the end there?

You know I wouldn't use meta-game reasons if they weren't true, right Lathum?

I have no computer at home right now while mine is in the shop. I was checking the deadline activity from my phone - started at like 7:50 unfortunately, it looked like it was pretty well established and as I started to consider changing my vote the janky-ass jave-based browser on my phone locked-up and i had to restart. at that point I knew it was too late to change.

it's the truth. not sure i expect anyone to believe it, but if you lynch me you'll just be losing a villager without the ability to do anything beneficial for the village anymore. I'd rather go after wolves at this point then lynch me out of retribution though.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #3123
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm inclined to keep my vote right where it was yesterday

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #3124
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, can you explain why you are voting for me over Lathum? I don't think you did yesterday, but if you did feel free to just link it if nothing has changed.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #3125
hoopsguy
General Manager

I do not know if Lathum is a wolf or not, but the fact that the idea got so very little traction yesterday while people seemed to make moves towards Abe and Jackal (both of whom I outlined defenses for, btw) makes me a bit more confident that I had a good vote yesterday but didn't do a good enough job of selling it.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #3126
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Part of it has to do with Lathum's argument about why kill PF over you or CR if you two are linked and are good.

Part of it has to do with a "vibe" I'm getting off your posts similar to the last game I played when you were a wolf.

Although to be honest, the survival of Lathum this deep into the game, and the fact that he has been persistantly criticized and thus hasn't had to defend any votes, does give me pause and make me think about voting for him.

I want to see how this thing develops.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #3127
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Real quick before I go, I think/thought that the wolves wouldn't silence one of their own at this point. Seems a little risky.

Silencing own of their own tomorrow would be ballsy. I didn't think it was way out of bounds yesterday, for what it is worth.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #3128
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

errr sorry - correction - "why kill jackal over you or CR" not PF
Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #3129
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm open to being persuaded to change my mind hoops - but my vote will be on one of you two.

i also have an afternoon that is conference calls from 1-4pm straight, and then a meeting we're leaving for at like 4, so I don't anticipate having a huge amount of time to go over and over things unfortunately.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #3130
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Part of it has to do with Lathum's argument about why kill PF over you or CR if you two are linked and are good.

Part of it has to do with a "vibe" I'm getting off your posts similar to the last game I played when you were a wolf.

Although to be honest, the survival of Lathum this deep into the game, and the fact that he has been persistantly criticized and thus hasn't had to defend any votes, does give me pause and make me think about voting for him.

I want to see how this thing develops.

They killed Jackal, not PF.

DT (I'll actually call you that instead of MT today because I'm not looking to antagonize you in the middle of a really meaningful decision), I think that you are a villager. I'm not sure, but if push comes to shove today I am guessing you are a good guy.

If the wolves feel like they can get me or Chief in the lynch today, then there was no need to kill us last night. If they don't, then they can take one of us out tonight and hope that we are lovers (I would not say one way or the other on this because that would potentially damage the integrity of the game). The result is the same in the long term for them because they still have the numbers at 4-3 if we are not lovers or 3-3 and over if we are.

The conclusion there is that it didn't make a difference for them today, other than the fact that they knew going into today that Chief and I are really unlikely to vote for one another, barring some kind of major revelation last night. I didn't have one and I hope Chief did not either.

So they made their voting a little tougher today in that Chief and I would likely be a little harder than the norm to vote off during the day. But why not try and if it doesn't work out they get their hands dirty on N7 instead of N6? It is not like Chief or I have particularly good voting records. It is not as if we have trust outside of each other, for all intents and purposes.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #3131
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm very curious to hear if Autumn is still trusting Saldana.

Saldana was here earlier when I asked the question this morning about Jackal's death and his role. I did not get a response.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #3132
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Well thanks for calling me DT instead of MT (although it doesn't really bother me tbh).

I am a villager.

I can see your point on some level - it does make sense to try to have us villagers pick one of you off instead of them, and waste time on them. It's something to think on.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #3133
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm very curious to hear if Autumn is still trusting Saldana.

Saldana was here earlier when I asked the question this morning about Jackal's death and his role. I did not get a response.

asking danny if i can answer.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #3134
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Saldana, did Jackal have the role that you thought he would have?

You have to ask Danny if you can answer this question?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #3135
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont know if i want to go with my vote from yesterday(DT), or back to hoops.

i am pretty sure i wont go to lathum without something compelling happening...i said yesterday and still think that criticizing himself with only 10 votes in play is riskier than i think he would play.

i am still afraid they are both wolves though.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #3136
The Jackal
Coordinator

Bah. I'll discuss wtf I was up to after the game is over. Good luck villagers.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #3137
hoopsguy
General Manager

For those who are voting me instead of Chief Rum - why me as the first to go instead of him? I'm trying to understand the logic. Is it inherently more fun to vote for me?

Don't get me wrong - I'm pretty darn sure you are voting a villager with either me or Chief. But every villager knows with 100% certainty that they are a villager. It is rare to be able to say the same about any other villager, no matter how strong your reasons are for believing in them.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #3138
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, what is the argument for me as a wolf versus DT as a wolf?

Is the "Hoops" argument something more than "He is still alive, he is voting for Lathum who I do not believe is a wolf"? If so, help me understand it so I can try to talk through it with the people who are villagers (maybe you?) and help us collectively make a good decision today.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #3139
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, since you are voting for me can you summarize the argument?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #3140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops, you have totally and incorrectly honed in on me today, other then me who else do you think is a wolf?

I only ask because if I am the lynch candidate today we will be starting from square one tomorrow, although if I am the lynch candidate today it will certainly be you tomorrow with my vote leading the charge.

Also, if I am a wolf I kill you last night because

1. I may get a 2-1
2. I can still get DT or PF lynched based on voting, etc...
Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #3141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, since you are voting for me can you summarize the argument?

1. You have a questionable voting record
2. All of a sudden you and CR vouch for each other, yet you are both alive
3. You are coming at me despite others having far bigger warts and I know I am good
4. You are playing the helpful villager role I've seen you play as a wolf in the past
Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #3142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The only other person I would probably vote today is PF.

He hammered the nail in Abe's coffin, has been really UTR and has had other questionable votes.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #3143
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, if you are not a wolf then I think you get a wolf in the Saldana/DT pairing. I tend to think that is true even if you are a wolf and there are three wolves remaining. I would probably pick Saldana as the wolf out of those two.

I've said all game long that I think Autumn and Dubb are good guys. I think everyone has assumptions at this point in the game and those are mine, beyond Chief Rum.

So that leaves a pretty shallow group for who I'm willing to consider voting for today.
1. Lathum
2. Saldana
3. PackerFanatic (trending downward because he is still alive, but votes are pretty good)
4. DaddyTorgo (feels like a malleable villager that wolves would leave alive, or a patsie if they need one based on voting record)
5. Poli - exemplary voting record up to yesterday
Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #3144
Autumn
Head Coach

I do still believe Saldana is a villager. I am almost certain of it. I am also almost certain of CR and Hoops. I'm hoping to clear up the rest of y'all today.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #3145
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
The only other person I would probably vote today is PF.

He hammered the nail in Abe's coffin, has been really UTR and has had other questionable votes.

So why is Saldana clear in your mind, relative to PF?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #3146
The Jackal
Coordinator

This was actually perfect timing, thanks wolves, I'm going away for the weekend this afternoon.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #3147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So why is Saldana clear in your mind, relative to PF?

The way he came at me is unlike him as a wolf and his late vote on Telle the other day.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #3148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
This was actually perfect timing, thanks wolves, I'm going away for the weekend this afternoon.

that reminds me.

I am leaving for Maine on the red eye tomorrow night and won't be back until Tuesday afternoon.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #3149
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I do still believe Saldana is a villager. I am almost certain of it. I am also almost certain of CR and Hoops.

why such certainty about these 3?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #3150
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops, do you have each days voting results on a spreadsheet where you can easily post them. I'm going to either be in classes today or working on papers so I have limited time to search.

You say PF's voting record is pretty good, I remember otherwise.

Also, today is the second day DT has followed me with a quick second vote onto someone.