Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #701
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

That's a good question, especially since he split the vote further...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #702
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

For the record, I'm heading home now and I'm not sure if I'll be back before the deadline.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #703
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lynch:
Lerriuqs – Purdue (696)
Schmidty – Racer (590)
Martin – lerriuqs (597)
Tyrith – Danny (605), Martin (682)
Danny – Tyrith (641), Lathum (669)
Racer – Schmidty (681)

CR as Seer –lerriuqs (571), Tyrith (576), saldana (579)
dubb as seer – Tyrith (578), Racer (581), dubb (582), lerriuqs (585), dubb (589), Danny (601), lathum (618), Telle (629), hoops (642), saldana (643), ntn (653), schmidty (680)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #704
saldana
Pro Starter

with nothing to direct me in any different direction from yesterday, i would have been ok voting for lerriuqs again, but i am not going to make a 3 way tie this close to the deadline

gotta go on gut at this point

vote tyrith
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #705
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

:sigh: a vote this spread out will do nothing but make it easier for the wolves to influence this at deadline. Six candidates(close to each other in the vote) on day 2 less than 2 hours from deadline is almost unheard of nowadays.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #706
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
what information are you hoping to get?

Wasn't he the other big candidate yesterday? Although I'm obviously off because I didn't think I was the first vote on him.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #707
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
:sigh: a vote this spread out will do nothing but make it easier for the wolves to influence this at deadline. Six candidates(close to each other in the vote) on day 2 less than 2 hours from deadline is almost unheard of nowadays.

Agreed, I didn't think I spread it out further.

unvote lerriuqs
Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #708
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

With Saldana going Tyrith, I'll keep it tied at the top:

vote Danny
Old 05-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #709
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
with nothing to direct me in any different direction from yesterday, i would have been ok voting for lerriuqs again, but i am not going to make a 3 way tie this close to the deadline

gotta go on gut at this point

vote tyrith

Unvote Schmidty
Vote Tyrith

Schmidty doesn't seem to be drawing any suspicion from anyone else so I don't see a reason to keep a vote on him any longer.

What Danny (I think) pointed out earlier about Tyrith thinking Lerriuqs was good yesterday and then voting for him as a placeholder this morning is what bothers me. Maybe we'll get a bit more of vote movement and consolidation now that someone has a 2 vote lead.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #710
Telle
College Starter

I don't really have a read on anyone yet, so I'm just going to keep things close.

VOTE DANNY
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #711
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

CR, dubb, you are the two that I trust right now. Thoughts on where you may go with your votes?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #712
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to follow my gut from before. I might switch to a candidate with more votes later on if nothing develops here, but MartinD's decision to not use his belief votes is just odd.

VOTE MARTIND LYNCH

As for the belief votes, I would have liked to at least see another candidate tossed up, even if it's not me, but whatever works...

VOTE BELIEVE DUBB SEER
VOTE BELIEVE CHIEF RUM SEER

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #713
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
CR, dubb, you are the two that I trust right now. Thoughts on where you may go with your votes?

Just voted. I didn't have a solid idea just yet. I know the few I have on my temporary "slightly above neutral" trust list, and none of them would have gotten my vote. No one was really below neutral, though, until Martin's move, so he gets the vote.

I think without Martin's vote, I would have followed conventional logic and voted for a DT voter, probably taking a stab in the dark at one of the "middle" voters based on timing and the vote count at the time of said vote.

No real mysteries with my belief votes, I would think.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #714
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lynch:
Martin – lerriuqs (597), Chief (713)
Tyrith – Danny (605), Martin (682), saldana (704), Racer (709)
Danny – Tyrith (641), Lathum (669), Purdue (708), Telle (710)
Racer – Schmidty (681)

CR as Seer –lerriuqs (571), Tyrith (576), saldana (579), CR (712)
dubb as seer – Tyrith (578), Racer (581), dubb (582), lerriuqs (585), dubb (589), Danny (601), lathum (618), Telle (629), hoops (642), saldana (643), ntn (653), schmidty (680), CR (712)
Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #715
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I should say, I didn't have a real solid idea before the Martin thing.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #716
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm going to follow my gut from before. I might switch to a candidate with more votes later on if nothing develops here, but MartinD's decision to not use his belief votes is just odd.

VOTE MARTIND LYNCH

As for the belief votes, I would have liked to at least see another candidate tossed up, even if it's not me, but whatever works...

VOTE BELIEVE DUBB SEER
VOTE BELIEVE CHIEF RUM SEER

CR I am going with you as well. I hate to bring another candidate to the table but the MartinD thing just strikes me as odd. I think it is the most we have to go on here today.

Vote MartinD
Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #717
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
CR I am going with you as well. I hate to bring another candidate to the table but the MartinD thing just strikes me as odd. I think it is the most we have to go on here today.

Vote MartinD

Actually squirrel was him before you were. Didn't even notice that.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #718
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll follow the two I trust.

unvote Danny
vote Martin D
Old 05-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #719
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lynch:
Martin – lerriuqs (597), Chief (713), dubb (716), Purdue (718)
Danny – Tyrith (641), Lathum (669), Telle (710)
Racer – Schmidty (681)

dubb as seer – Tyrith (578), Racer (581), dubb (582), lerriuqs (585), dubb (589), Danny (601), lathum (618), Telle (629), hoops (642), saldana (643), ntn (653), schmidty (680), CR (712)
Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #720
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I should say, I didn't have a real solid idea before the Martin thing.

I liked your analysis on Martin from earlier, but what is the benefit to getting rid of someone you think is the Cultist (who counts as a villager) rather then trying to get a wolf? I preferably would want to wait until there was no night kill (possible conversion) to get rid of Martin.

Is it because there are no better options in your opinion?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #721
Schmidty
Coordinator

Unvote Racer

Vote Danny

Just seeing what will happen.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #722
Telle
College Starter

Oooh, a three way tie. There's gotta be pretty good odds that one of them is a wolf. It'll be interesting watching vote maneuvering in this last hour.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #723
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It is a 3 way tie. I hope it doesn't end this way. At some point we need to start putting ourselves out there instead of falling back on me to break the tie. Tie votes muddy the voting record even further, especially if it is villagers trying to force the tie.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #724
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The non votes are Hoops, NtN and USFL.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #725
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

CR is your feeling still that Martin was making a cultist play rather than a wolf play?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #726
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The non votes are Hoops, NtN and USFL.

Of these 3 USFL is the only one that hasn't believed anyone for seer either.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #727
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It is a 3 way tie. I hope it doesn't end this way. At some point we need to start putting ourselves out there instead of falling back on me to break the tie. Tie votes muddy the voting record even further, especially if it is villagers trying to force the tie.

As much as I would hate moving my vote again because we all know how that would look, but do we think that wolves would really let Martin D make that believe play? I guess he could be the cultist trying to get attention but still.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #728
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quintuple dola less than an hour until deadline?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #729
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

PB you broke it up!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #730
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB you broke it up!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #731
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I liked your analysis on Martin from earlier, but what is the benefit to getting rid of someone you think is the Cultist (who counts as a villager) rather then trying to get a wolf? I preferably would want to wait until there was no night kill (possible conversion) to get rid of Martin.

Is it because there are no better options in your opinion?

This early on, it's true there are no easy, proved options. Not enough game time has passed. In that situation, not much is needed to lynch someone.

As for the cultist possibility, you may not have noticed, but the cultist, if attacked, becomes a wolf. So there is definite benefit to removing one.

I think my issue with sticking with the Martin vote is that he clearly won't be around, as he is likely sleeping at the moment. Our issue is from a decision he made in his very last post before leaving. I would like to see a response from him, and that might move me to switch to another for today, and see what he says tomorrow. Then if I'm not satisfied with the answer, my vote will be back on him like peanut butter to bread.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #732
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR is your feeling still that Martin was making a cultist play rather than a wolf play?

If he had to be either the cultist or a wolf, I would say cultist. I don't think the other wolves would let him make this move, even if he were inclined to do it (which, as a wolf, he probably wouldn't). But as the cultist, he has some motivation to somehow let the wolves know he is the cultist.

I can think of other ways a cultist might try to get the attention of the wolves, and I wouldn't go the route MartinD hypothetically would have, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he was thinking exactly this and underestimated our reaction to his decision.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #733
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This early on, it's true there are no easy, proved options. Not enough game time has passed. In that situation, not much is needed to lynch someone.

As for the cultist possibility, you may not have noticed, but the cultist, if attacked, becomes a wolf. So there is definite benefit to removing one.

I think my issue with sticking with the Martin vote is that he clearly won't be around, as he is likely sleeping at the moment. Our issue is from a decision he made in his very last post before leaving. I would like to see a response from him, and that might move me to switch to another for today, and see what he says tomorrow. Then if I'm not satisfied with the answer, my vote will be back on him like peanut butter to bread.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but if he (or whoever is the cultist) is attacked, there won't be a night kill, right? There hasn't been a night without a night kill yet.

Maybe I just don't see a reason is taking out somebody who made a cultist move when there hasn't been a night without a night kill.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #734
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, making chicken chili, but I'll be parked in the thread and check it every few before deadline.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #735
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought, but if he (or whoever is the cultist) is attacked, there won't be a night kill, right? There hasn't been a night without a night kill yet.

Maybe I just don't see a reason is taking out somebody who made a cultist move when there hasn't been a night without a night kill.

You are protecting Martin really hard here as the deadline gets closer.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #736
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Why would we want to wait until the cultist is converted? If you have an out and out wolf, yeah, we'll go for him. But who exactly is on the block who is an obvious wolf? Seems to me MartinD has taken the most suspicious action thus far.

If we had some clear suspicions elsewhere, I might agree with you, but all we have here is some people who voted for a villager on next to no information (it having been a Day One vote).

Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #737
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

USFL was here and didn't vote OR believe a seer. Now he is gone.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #738
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

UNVOTE Martin
VOTE USFL
Old 05-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #739
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lynch:
Martin – lerriuqs (597), Chief (713), Purdue (718)
Danny – Tyrith (641), Lathum (669), Telle (710), Schmidty (721)
USFL – dubb (738)

Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #740
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Why would we want to wait until the cultist is converted? If you have an out and out wolf, yeah, we'll go for him. But who exactly is on the block who is an obvious wolf? Seems to me MartinD has taken the most suspicious action thus far.

If we had some clear suspicions elsewhere, I might agree with you, but all we have here is some people who voted for a villager on next to no information (it having been a Day One vote).

Yeah I agree no one on the block is an obvious wolf or even more likely to be bad then Martin.

Tyrith made a slightly suspicious move with his placeholder vote this morning, but I agree that isn't much. Not sure why Danny is on the block (other then maybe he voted for DT).
Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #741
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
UNVOTE Martin
VOTE USFL

I agree that that's odd, but are you sure we should be introducing a new candidate at this time?

I am more inclined to give USFL the benefit of the doubt for the next 15 mins and see if he comes back to vote. If he doesn't, I might reconsider.

I am still semi-leaning toward switching my vote anyway, because I want to know what MartinD has to say about his decision to not vote belief.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #742
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
UNVOTE Martin
VOTE USFL

Since I generally trust you more then anyone else and since a show up, browse the thread, and leave seems more suspicious then a placeholder vote,

Unvote: Tyrith
Vote: USFL

Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #743
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
UNVOTE Martin
VOTE USFL

Not that I care that you voted for him (i.e. - I am not sticking up for him), do you actually think a wolf would be that stupid? Seems like a bit of a wasted vote.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #744
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola. Same goes for Racer.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #745
Tyrith
College Starter

Well...I have no idea what to do here. Honestly, I think the Martin thing (trying to dodge) or the USFL thing (UTR, not being helpful) are more substantive than the Danny thing - I suspect yesterday was villager on villager. I have to sit for now, but I will do what I have to do to not die.

BTW, it really frustrates me that people can't understand placeholder as placeholder. I put it out there to avoid exactly what Martin/USFL did, in case I wouldn't get it back, and I'm getting heat for it. There's a nasty middle ground when we have no information - votes or not votes?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #746
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I agree that that's odd, but are you sure we should be introducing a new candidate at this time?

Today is playing out much the same as yesterday did down the deadline. There was no movement, I actually wondering if we wiffed yet again today. I'm not sure a new candidate is awful, the only other thought I had was maybe USFL was waiting it out to see if he had to place a vote somewhere he didn't want to. Either way I'm not sure a USFL lynch is a terrible way to go today.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #747
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Not that I care that you voted for him (i.e. - I am not sticking up for him), do you actually think a wolf would be that stupid? Seems like a bit of a wasted vote.

The question is, do we think a villager would be that stupid either? The answer has to be no in either circumstance.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #748
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Has USFL ever been a wolf before? I remember the 1st time and to this point only time I was wolf and if I wasn't sure what to do/say when visiting the thread, I'd leave it without doing/saying anything. But that could just be me.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #749
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

USFL is a newer player here. I'm not sure he's ever been wolf. I may be wrong about that though.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #750
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lynch:
Martin – lerriuqs (597), Chief (713), Purdue (718)
Tyrith – Danny (605), Martin (682), saldana (704),
Danny – Tyrith (641), Lathum (669), Telle (710), Schmidty (721)
USFL – dubb (738), Racer (742)