Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #5351
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Speaking of real-life conversations only (not online):

I think there are maybe two people in the entire world whose fantasy football teams I am interested in. To anyone besides those two people, I don't care about your fantasy football team. I don't care who you drafted. I don't care who your next opponent has. I don't care which players you should keep from last year. I don't care what scoring system your league has. I cared about fantasy football for a long time. I don't care anymore. I stopped playing it because I was no longer interested. If I was willing to give up my own teams because I stopped caring, why would your team be important to me?
Old 08-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #5352
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Speaking of real-life conversations only (not online):

I think there are maybe two people in the entire world whose fantasy football teams I am interested in. To anyone besides those two people, I don't care about your fantasy football team. I don't care who you drafted. I don't care who your next opponent has. I don't care which players you should keep from last year. I don't care what scoring system your league has. I cared about fantasy football for a long time. I don't care anymore. I stopped playing it because I was no longer interested. If I was willing to give up my own teams because I stopped caring, why would your team be important to me?

+1.

Though I was asked to draft for a friend of a friend last night... I suppose a stray draft (and forget!) is the kind of thing I can enjoy again, now that I've gone at least five years without having taken part in fantasy football.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #5353
RainMaker
General Manager

I am about to spend $170 on a remote control. I don't know if I should be excited about this or ashamed of myself.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #5354
JediKooter
Coordinator

Does it suck your dick or will your dick get sucked if you have that remote?

This is not rocket science.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #5355
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Does it suck your dick or will your dick get sucked if you have that remote?

This is not rocket science.

No but it can turn on the equipment if you had it...to do that...see the hooker attachment or girlfriend attachment...
Old 08-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #5356
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
No but it can turn on the equipment if you had it...to do that...see the hooker attachment or girlfriend attachment...

I'll pay the extra 20 bucks for the girlfriend attachment if they have it at Best Buy, but, the moment they try to upsell me, I'm outta there.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #5357
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

MTV is coming to film at my daughters high-school. I am just glad it is not "16 and Pregnant."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #5358
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I know a guy professionally, work with him occasionally, and he has a semi-strange habit. He tends to walk or stand around with his left arm a bit behind his back, reaching behind his own back to hold onto his right arm near the elbow (I understand this is a strange posture to describe in text). It's just some sort or nervous tic, I guess... he does it fairly often when he's idle.

It's sort of funny, since when doing so, it can give someone seeing or approaching him that momentary sense of "hey... is that dude hiding an arm, or missing an arm???" -- which as an aside I find to be an oddly entertaining moment when it happens to me as an observer.

Anyhow, the weird twist is that this guy, in his professional capacity, more or less replaced another guy (slightly different job, but within a stone's throw for storytelling purposes) of a guy who actually was missing most of an arm.

So, it's weird enough if you don't know him and the apparently missing arm seems odd. But doubly so if you know his predecessor, and maybe you're thinking "what, do they only hire one-armed guys over there?"

*shurg*

Last edited by QuikSand : 08-29-2011 at 04:17 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #5359
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
He tends to walk or stand around with his left arm a bit behind his back, reaching behind his own back to hold onto his right arm near the elbow (I understand this is a strange posture to describe in text).

I'm pretty sure I got what you meant immediately. I've known several people through the years who did the same kind of thing, although not frequently enough (apparently) that I ever gave it much thought.

The kicker about his predecessor however, well, that one I simply can't come close to touching.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #5360
DougW
High School Varsity

So, my super-hero obsessed 4 year old learned the Pledge of Allegiance in pre-school today. I was surprised to find it has changed since I learned it.

"I pledge allegiance, under God, TO CAPTAIN AMERICA !!"
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #5361
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
So, my super-hero obsessed 4 year old learned the Pledge of Allegiance in pre-school today. I was surprised to find it has changed since I learned it. "I pledge allegiance, under God, TO CAPTAIN AMERICA !!"

LMAO, that's beautiful.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #5362
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
So, my super-hero obsessed 4 year old learned the Pledge of Allegiance in pre-school today. I was surprised to find it has changed since I learned it.

"I pledge allegiance, under God, TO CAPTAIN AMERICA !!"

Congress changed it a few years ago.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #5363
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
MTV is coming to film at my daughters high-school. I am just glad it is not "16 and Pregnant."

Maybe they are making a sequel, "17 and Pregnant". Or even forbid, a prequel.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #5364
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

The kicker about his predecessor however, well, that one I simply can't come close to touching.

Neither could his predecessor.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 08-29-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #5365
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Maybe he was trained so well that he can easily do his job with one hand tied behind his back.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #5366
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tonight brought one of the most unlikely FB connections I've ever had.

A third cousin who I've never met (not sure that either of us could have sworn that the other even existed until now) who found me on Facebook via our only mutual FB connection: a double second cousin of mine from the opposite side of my family, one that she coincidentally happened to grow up with.

Maybe I'm too easily shocked & this is more common than I realize but it really blows my mind (in a good way).
Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #5367
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Going to bed tonight my daughter informed me that "I want daddy to fart like this.. pffffttt fffft plllffffttttt"

Not a hell of alot you can do with that other than mark it down on a book and bring it back up when she is having a sleepover with friends. "Hey.. remember that request when you were 4?"
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #5368
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Hold on: in the Netherlands, Santa is from Spain and keeps a slave?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #5369
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Hold on: in the Netherlands, Santa is from Spain and keeps a slave?

That's a new one on me

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #5370
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
So, I know a guy professionally, work with him occasionally, and he has a semi-strange habit. He tends to walk or stand around with his left arm a bit behind his back, reaching behind his own back to hold onto his right arm near the elbow (I understand this is a strange posture to describe in text). It's just some sort or nervous tic, I guess... he does it fairly often when he's idle.

It's sort of funny, since when doing so, it can give someone seeing or approaching him that momentary sense of "hey... is that dude hiding an arm, or missing an arm???" -- which as an aside I find to be an oddly entertaining moment when it happens to me as an observer.

Anyhow, the weird twist is that this guy, in his professional capacity, more or less replaced another guy (slightly different job, but within a stone's throw for storytelling purposes) of a guy who actually was missing most of an arm.

So, it's weird enough if you don't know him and the apparently missing arm seems odd. But doubly so if you know his predecessor, and maybe you're thinking "what, do they only hire one-armed guys over there?"

*shurg*

I had no idea QS was a member of Def Leppard
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #5371
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So I see Nancy Grace is going with the tried-and-true method to change her public image - Dancing with the Stars. I hope she gets voted off the first week. An injury might be even better.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #5372
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So I see Nancy Grace is going with the tried-and-true method to change her public image - Dancing with the Stars. I hope she gets voted off the first week. An injury might be even better.

Haters gonna hate.

She's probably the most likable person in the bunch (not withstanding the two I've never heard of).
Old 08-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #5373
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Haters gonna hate.

She's probably the most likable person in the bunch (not withstanding the two I've never heard of).

I think she may be the most unlikeable person on the planet. There are serial killers I'd rather hang out with than her. I wonder if she's capable of a light moment?

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-30-2011 at 08:38 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #5374
Ksyrup

I didn't really pay attention to anyone else who is going to be on the show. I'm just talking about her. She is awful. I hope whatever PR thing she is going for completely backfires in her face.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #5375
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think she might eat the face off one of the judges.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #5376
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I wonder if she's capable of a light moment?

Just FTR, my wife's a fan, I typically catch the show largely by passing through the room but if you're wondering that ten you haven't watched her show much.

The repetitive nature of the show turns me off but she's at her happiest when she's tearing some asshole a new one. Since the targets tend to be deserving, I'm not really seeing a problem with that. She's not on air to be light & fluffy, she's there to do pretty much what I described, that's her job. Well-timed sarcasm is a light moment with her, that's the entertainment value.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-30-2011 at 09:05 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #5377
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Maybe they are making a sequel, "17 and Pregnant". Or even forbid, a prequel.

Lol. No, they are doing "Made." She is going to try out for it, and is very excited.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #5378
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've obviously seen the clips, which certainly paint her in a poor light. But the few times I'm channel surfing and see her show on I've watched to see if she's any different in context and I've yet to see she is.

That said, no, I've never remotely watched an entire show start to finish.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #5379
Ksyrup

I hate the bitch because she makes my skin crawl with how over-the-top sensational she is, and the fact that she's acting like the scummiest news reporter of all-time in dealing with something as awful as child disappearances, etc., just makes it that much worse.

She is the antithesis of responsible reporting. And the fact that she cloaks her BS delivery and shtick under the guise of doing good makes me want to vomit. God forbid, if one of my girls went missing, I'd honestly have a huge dilemma in deciding whether I'd want to appear on her show.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #5380
JediKooter
Coordinator

I hate it when I tell someone that the earliest I can do something for them is on Thursday and they text message me on Tuesday (today), asking if we can do a test run tonight. Seriously? What part of "the earliest", do people not understand? I can't magically conjure up the software from the distributor to make it happen two days before the earliest I would be able to under normal conditions. Plus, you're not paying me. So, you will wait until Thursday and I might text you back today to let you know that it won't be until Thursday.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #5381
Logan
Head Coach

Just got the following email from someone retiring. It was sent agency-wide. Subject line was: "(Her name)'s Retirement".

Quote:
After almost 39 years of Federal Service, I will retire on September 2. I cannot say that I have enjoyed working at OCC because I feel that everyday I walked into the OCC Buildings, I was reminded that I was Black. Fortunately, I am highly skilled and educated and this has been somewhat of an equalizer. I could tell you some of the problems that I have encountered, such as illegally having my home mail re-routed to another employees house and having to spend many hours dealing with Treasury's Inspector General's Office, the Postal Service, and OCC CIPs on this issue. I have experienced being rotated into a position of lesser authority, being excluded from group awards, omitted from the OCC Telephone Book or having my Title incorrectly stated on numerous occasions. I found all of these sabotage attempts humorous. And, the funniest of all was when my Retirement Cake was not ordered on time by the Conference Office to arrive in time for the Celebration that had to be cancelled and I am told that this has never happened before. Well, I was sure that it had never happened before and my only hope was that it would not happen again. It has been seven days and I have yet to receive an apology from OMS Management. I know some of you know exactly what I am talking about and so I say to you that what does not kill you makes you stronger. I am truly stronger because of my time at OCC. I have enjoyed working with a FEW of you and you will be missed. As Oprah Winfrey has said many times, I am at a point where "preparation meets opportunity". Good bye and good luck!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #5382
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Just got the following email from someone retiring. It was sent agency-wide. Subject line was: "(Her name)'s Retirement".

I think I may have worked with this person about 12-13 years ago.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #5383
Ksyrup

30 minutes later:

"I was just informed by HR that my retirement date was calculated incorrectly. I would like to retract my previous email. White Devils, please disregard. Thank you."
Old 08-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #5384
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Be the first to reply-all with "Please remove me from this distribution list"
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #5385
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Speaking of which.

When did mailing lists become distribution lists?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #5386
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Speaking of which.

When did mailing lists become distribution lists?

The moment someone failed to understand the difference between the two.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #5387
DanGarion
Coordinator

Someone should reply that it wasn't because she was black it was because she sounds like she is a fucking bitch.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #5388
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So I was out at a client site today which is a local community college...and there were some students walking around campus trying to finalize their schedules and learn where everything is located. If they dress like that when they go out or to parties...I just might go back to school and be the dirty old man in their psych class...
Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #5389
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

wow
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #5390
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

In her defense. I always order cakes and delay them for people I have a racial dislike for.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #5391
cuervo72
Head Coach

I bet when it finally does come, the cake will be white.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #5392
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The cake never comes. It's a lie.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #5393
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They were probably like
1. If we order a chocolate cake, it's obviously racist
2. If we order a white cake with chocolate frosting, that's also racist
3. If we order a carrot cake, we're obviously racist cause we avoided the whole chocolate/vanilla thing
4. Fuck it. No cake.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #5394
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Sounds like the boss from Wanted.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #5395
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Red velvet cake...racist...
Yellow lemon cake...racist...
Devil's Food cake...doubly bad coming from the White Devils...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #5396
JediKooter
Coordinator

Should have gotten a pie instead.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #5397
Logan
Head Coach

Well done gents.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #5398
Rizon
Pro Starter

I hate when I ask for something simple and it never gets done.

We have a company we help out a lot and I asked for a copy of a document. It's literally 20 feet from this person's desk. I just wanted one page scanned and emailed. Total estimated time: 60 seconds max.

It's been 5 hours since I asked (and yes they got my message).

It's also funny because I use to work there. So I know they're not too busy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #5399
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Should have gotten a pie instead.

No, go ice cream.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #5400
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
No, go ice cream.

Don't think I'd want to be around if that was served.