Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Heh. Ochocinco scores a hit with some Tucker folks.

This Facebook status update pretty much says it all:
Quote:
Drew Ashby Chad Ocho Cinco flew my brother Mark Ashby out to LA (first class) to watch the taping of Dancing With the Stars. Food, lodging, transportation - Paid for. Hob-knobbing with celebrities? Done. Then, after he finished dancing, he walked across the stage and gave my brother a hug. All because Mark tweeted that he wanted to see the show when Ocho announced that he had tickets available. Crazy.
The wife had it on DVR and I had her rewind. Just watched and verified. Sure enough, Ochocinco went over and hugged Mark right after his dance tonight. They put the camera on him three or four times, too. Absolutely hilarious.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
korme
Go Reds

This is nothing new, Chad is very generous and does these things all the time. He loves his fans.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

So it's one thing when a random guy off the street takes a pic with a celebrity and posts it on the interwebs. It's something else when the celebrity does the posting.

Me and @markashby11 on Twitpic
Old 05-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Atocep
Coordinator

When you read about some of the things he does it's really hard not to like him. There's a lot of stories out there of him stopping in bad neighborhoods and taking kids on shopping sprees for school clothes, ect.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
When you read about some of the things he does it's really hard not to like him. There's a lot of stories out there of him stopping in bad neighborhoods and taking kids on shopping sprees for school clothes, ect.

I didn't realize he did all of this until I started following him on Twitter. My opinion of him has changed immensely now that I hear stories like these. What a great guy.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I didn't realize he did all of this until I started following him on Twitter. My opinion of him has changed immensely now that I hear stories like these. What a great guy.

Yea. I started following him on twitter awhile back. Same thing happened to me. He posts a lot of stupid shit. He really isn't the brightest guy in the world, but he has a big heart.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Agreed with the above posters. Following on Twitter has put him in a new light. Just seems like a genuinely good guy.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

child please
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Yeah, he does all this "good" stuff, but he dances in the end zone, so I think he's an asshole.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Yeah, he does all this "good" stuff, but he dances in the end zone, so I think he's an asshole.

You're thinking of Ickey Woods.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You're thinking of Ickey Woods.

no no we like ickey woods because he danced in the end zone. We don't like Chad Ochocinco because he dances in the end zone!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

his nfl films 'in their own words' episode is on hulu. it's good stuff. i never knew he and steve smith played on the same jc team.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

hxxp://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/throughthearch/entries/2010/05/31/chad_ochocino_gives_little_boy.html
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote