Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #1051
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
With Warlord out, I can now say I've been suspicious of Superman. I still for the life of me can't figure out why they didn't go after CW, Schmidty, Superman, or myself.

Of course, I can't figure out why items haven't been fed to me, either. Now that pipeline is done. Sigh.

well I haven't gotten anything either. Earlier I can see it's because I'm not really in the "fofc crowd" and lately it's because a few (bug and Sup) pointed fingers at me as a wolf. Now if I don't get something tonight (assuming I live) I think it's because you all have smell-o-vision or somthing
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #1052
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

SnDvls, FWIW, you're currently in my circle of trust (that term being in vogue of late). I think Vince believes me about you as well.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #1053
MrBug708
Head Coach

I dont have too mcuh to go on eirght now either but

vote - Raiders Army
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:41 PM   #1054
hoopsguy
General Manager

If we do not have any seer revelations today then I'm looking at two candidates:
RealDeal - fallout from yesterday
RaidersArmy - based on my suspicions I have outlined earlier

I'm really looking for a better reason to vote for someone than I have for either of these two but I don't know how long it serves our collective purposes to wait for information that may not emerge. Sometime soon we need to get the conversation going ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #1055
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I think RealDeal is ok...right now

Raiders and Bug have big question marks for me. With both when the vote/unvote and how.
Superman falls in that category too, but I'm getting a stronger vibe from the first two

don't know if that helps anyone, but it's my 2 cents
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #1056
Poli
FOFC Survivor

About 1 more hour till I leave. I certainly hope we get the right guy this time.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #1057
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
I dont have too mcuh to go on eirght now either but

vote - Raiders Army
Okay...this is a little maddening. Why me? I'd like to think I've helped more than I've (unintentionally) hurt. I guess you guys don't see it that way.

Then again, judging on your spelling (or typing skills) I would guess that you're drunk. Heh heh.

No, seriously, why me? I don't think RealDeal is the one, but in case it comes down to it, I'll vote for him because of self-preservation. I'd also like you to think about the question I asked of him last night: Why vote for yourself?

If he's an innocent villager, he's only helping the wolves, and that's somewhat odd.

If he's a wolf, it's a brilliant ploy to deflect it on someone else.

2 more reports to go in real life.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #1058
Raiders Army
Coordinator

yeah, and if I forgot

Vote RealDeal
Old 08-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #1059
Vince
Pro Starter

Raiders Army -- Well Other Leads Fail me.

I've been trying to follow up on any sort of lead possible, and I keep coming up with question marks. I still don't know if subtlety or brazen revealing is the way to go -- I think I'm leaning towards subtlety right now.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #1060
SnDvls
Pro Starter

[quote=Raiders Army]Okay...this is a little maddening. Why me? I'd like to think I've helped more than I've (unintentionally) hurt. I guess you guys don't see it that way.

Then again, judging on your spelling (or typing skills) I would guess that you're drunk. Heh heh.

No, seriously, why me? I don't think RealDeal is the one, but in case it comes down to it, I'll vote for him because of self-preservation. I'd also like you to think about the question I asked of him last night: Why vote for yourself?

[\QUOTE]

ya I'm a little type happy today, not drunk just trying to do too many things at once. Raiders it sucks knowing your innocent and no one believes you, well take this for what it's worth. unvote Raiders Army

vote Superman

I had him a couple of times on my radar.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #1061
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Any real reasons as to why am worthy of a vote?

I have been quiet. Sndvls I have never accused you alone. In my post I listed several people that were suspect of being wolves. I never gave a direct accusation. I was just analyzing what I have read. I'm just a villager, nothing more and nothing less.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #1062
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Folks are on their way up to visit, and I will thusly be gone and inaccesible from 5pm till late this evening, so...

Vote RealDeal

He was a huge proponent of offing a villager, and, to be perfectly honest, I'm not altogether thrilled about the pissing contest that went on last night.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #1063
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Okay...this is a little maddening. Why me? I'd like to think I've helped more than I've (unintentionally) hurt. I guess you guys don't see it that way.

I re-read everything RA, and I can't come up with anything concrete about you. That being said, it didn't alleviate my suspicion of you. I've got a few leads on what is going on, but there are a few glaring holes in my analysis because I don't know who has what. If I knew what you had yesterday/have today, I could probably clear your name completely -- but that's unlikely to happen.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #1064
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I re-read everything RA, and I can't come up with anything concrete about you. That being said, it didn't alleviate my suspicion of you. I've got a few leads on what is going on, but there are a few glaring holes in my analysis because I don't know who has what. If I knew what you had yesterday/have today, I could probably clear your name completely -- but that's unlikely to happen.
*Whew, just got done with my inspection reports...8 in total*

Alrighty, now my full attention can be on the game...at least for the next 20 minutes until I go home. I am leery of letting people know what I had/have yesterday and today, simply because that makes me a target. I'd like to clear myself, but I'm not willing to risk it.

One thing that came to my mind while I was working is that maybe RealDeal is the sorceror? But then that doesn't jive with what happened last night, since he said that he was going to vote for himself before someone was converted.

I think if we get a wolf or a sorceror at least by tomorrow night that would be great.

Also, can I put in a vote to put this game on hiatus over the weekend with the next lynch vote on Monday night? There are some preseason games I'd like to watch on the NFL Network as well as Kung Fu Hustle and I'm going to get Madden.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #1065
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am leery of letting people know what I had/have yesterday and today, simply because that makes me a target. I'd like to clear myself, but I'm not willing to risk it.
I hate to break it to you my friend, but you're already a target on a few people's minds.

Quote:
One thing that came to my mind while I was working is that maybe RealDeal is the sorceror? But then that doesn't jive with what happened last night, since he said that he was going to vote for himself before someone was converted.

There was no sorceror until AFTER the night actions, so that can't be. I myself am very suspicious of RealDeal's actions...I don't know how/where to place him. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he still has the Coat of Arms.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #1066
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I second the hiatus thing, I'm going to ASU's training camp this Sat. all morning so I'd be hard to be active.

Superman, unless a landslide comes at you I'm keeping my vote there. I don't want to off a villager, but I don't want everyone to bandwaggon on you either until I know more.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #1067
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also, can I put in a vote to put this game on hiatus over the weekend with the next lynch vote on Monday night? There are some preseason games I'd like to watch on the NFL Network as well as Kung Fu Hustle and I'm going to get Madden.

Is that a threat? Why should we care how Madden you get?

I was going to have the next lynch vote on Sunday night but I don't mind moving it back if several people have problems with it.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #1068
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I hate to break it to you my friend, but you're already a target on a few people's minds.
Really???

Quote:
There was no sorceror until AFTER the night actions, so that can't be. I myself am very suspicious of RealDeal's actions...I don't know how/where to place him. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he still has the Coat of Arms.
Hmmmmm....That's a possibility then. Actually, that's the only reason I can think of as to why someone would want others to vote for them.

Now, the question is why would he want to get rid of it?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #1069
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Is that a threat? Why should we care how Madden you get?

I was going to have the next lynch vote on Sunday night but I don't mind moving it back if several people have problems with it.
Because....not only do I have an NCAA dynasty going, but I also need to get my Madden dynasty kickin!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:30 PM   #1070
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am leery of letting people know what I had/have yesterday and today, simply because that makes me a target. I'd like to clear myself, but I'm not willing to risk it.

I'm still leery of you unless I can figure out what it is you held yesterday. Today's item would probably also clear you, but yesterday's is the important one, and I think you'll agree that admitting to an item you may no longer possess is much less damning than the one you currently hold.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #1071
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I guess it doesn't matter at this point, but I don't like the fact that people will know that the wolves have it now. I had a saber of duels, but I passed it onto henry last night. I was going to hold onto it since it looked like I might have to duel hoops (heh heh), but I gave it to henry because I think that I've been a little too vocal the past few days and I might've been a target last night. Ironically, I gave it to the target last night.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #1072
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Voting so far:

kingfc22 - ardent
RealDeal - Eaglesfan27, RealDeal, Raiders Army, Coffee Warlord
Raiders Army - MrBug708
Eaglesfan27 - Mr. Wednesday
Superman - Sndvls
Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #1073
Vince
Pro Starter

So now the Wolves have a sabre of duels AND the coat of arms (if RealDeal is to be believed)? Ay...what a disastrous night. Give me a minute to update my info here, and I'll see what I can do about clearing you, RA.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #1074
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Going home now. I'll check you guys out later.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #1075
RealDeal
High School Varsity

This is a compilation of all the information I have. It's not much, but it will be useful to you after tonight.

1. I started the game with the coat of arms.
2. I kept the coat of arms up until last night.
3. I received 1 silver of Blade's money when he died.
4. I passed the coat and the 1 silver to henry last night.
5. I received another silver this morning since I did not have an item.
6. I have no hard evidence, but my top three suspects have been king (really laying low), superman, and coffee warlord, although ardent's statements seems to clear CW.

I do once again urge you to kill me tonight, so I can be vindicated. Blade's actions have harmed this team more than any actions the wolves have taken so far.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:42 PM   #1076
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I guess that's some good knowledge for us all to know; I've been too hammered at work here to think of the game clearly. Maybe I should've used it, but I didn't want to kill a villagers (odds were). Also, henry is the one I talked to, so I trusted him (although I didn't the day I talked to him!)

I'm going home now.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #1077
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
I guess it doesn't matter at this point, but I don't like the fact that people will know that the wolves have it now. I had a saber of duels, but I passed it onto henry last night. I was going to hold onto it since it looked like I might have to duel hoops (heh heh), but I gave it to henry because I think that I've been a little too vocal the past few days and I might've been a target last night. Ironically, I gave it to the target last night.

Hrm, well that's not at all what I was expecting you to say. It doesn't clear you -- and your response here puts you even more in the limelight. Why wouldn't you want anyone to know that the wolves have the sabre? Now we have a definite wolf if the sabre is used -- a pretty good trade off, if you ask me.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #1078
Vince
Pro Starter

Hoops has been awfully quiet today...and if I was a wolf, I'd probably look to converting someone like him -- thoughtful, not quite a major target. Plus, I haven't ever been thouroughly convinced that he isn't a wolf to begin with. What's your take on today, hoops?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #1079
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Something give me a bad feeling that all my talk about trusting AE that he was converted last night.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #1080
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I'm out to mow the lawns over here at my uncle's. I should be back in an hour or so. Currently, the only people I'm not distrustful of are SnDvls, Mr. Wednesday and myself. Coffee Warlord seems to be pretty safe in my eyes too. Everyone else? I have no clue
Old 08-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #1081
MrBug708
Head Coach

Unvote - Raiders Army
Vote - Ardent E

I think you were a werewolf from the get go or were converted last night. Just a hunch is all...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #1082
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Current voting:

kingfc22 - ardent
RealDeal - Eaglesfan27, RealDeal, Raiders Army, Coffee Warlord
Eaglesfan27 - Mr. Wednesday
Superman - Sndvls
ardent - MrBug708

Still 6 people haven't voted.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:49 PM   #1083
hoopsguy
General Manager

Been quiet because I was at a client site today with another person from my work - can't spend as much time posting when I've got customers and co-workers to work with

Which is too bad because this is a day that I think is pretty pivotal for us.

Was not converted last night, although of course I would say that even if it was so that is a lousy defense. I would use my posts on the money trail as a demonstration of my continued villager status.

Hopefully more thoughts to come ... have to catch up on the thread a little bit before commenting further.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #1084
hoopsguy
General Manager

Although it isn't explicit, the stories between AE and Coffee dovetail together nicely enough that I would believe they are a package deal - both villagers or both wolves. I don't believe the latter; there is no reason for the wolves to associate with each other any more in their postings than any other two random people on the board unless the life of a wolf is called into question and it appears to be salvageable.

This assumes that one of them wasn't converted last night. Which also screws with my previous trust of Vince to some extent.

Two other "villagers" that appear tied together at this point is Mr. Wednesday and SunDvls. Wednesday vouches for Sun as a villager.

So that leaves some parties that are up for grabs - dont' have time for a full list before making the drive home but hope to continue these thoughts soon:

RealDeal - probably going to pass tonight. I hope that Blade was lucky/good in targeting him early in the process and forcing the issue.

Raiders - a guy I have been watching closely for two days now. Why would he give away the Saber? What was he hoping to gain with that move if he thought I might turn up the heat today? If he is a villager wouldn't he be inclined to think that someone focusing on him is a werewolf? If so, the saber would be a nice backup option in the event that a lynching is approaching. Same logic holds if a wolf - why give this item up if you feel that you are in danger during the daytime hours? Unless you are trying to accumulate silver for some reason ...

Eaglesfan - really wish he was more actively participating. I thought I would have fun playing this game with him after reading his analysis (OK, it was wrong, but still ...) during the first Vampire/WW game. He has stated that he isn't able to be as active this week, but is every person who stated that being honest vs. lying low as a wolf until numbers are more advantageous? A suspect, but not terribly high on the list. Medium/high on the list of guys I would convert if I was a wolf.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #1085
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Hrm, well that's not at all what I was expecting you to say. It doesn't clear you -- and your response here puts you even more in the limelight. Why wouldn't you want anyone to know that the wolves have the sabre? Now we have a definite wolf if the sabre is used -- a pretty good trade off, if you ask me.
Okay, I'm sorry but work took precedence today, although I checked in now and then. Fridays and Mondays always suck for me because it's when I do the most work.

Today I had to write up our inspection reports which were (on average) 4 pages. That sucked. I was able to cut and paste a lot, but it still sucked some brain cells out of my head. Couple that with my Friday morning run (2.9 miles all uphill), and I'm officially fried today.

This is my last post in this thread, since we're going to watch Kung Fu Shuffle and then I'm going to bed....with my wife!!!

I have no night actions at this point, so I'll see you all this weekend sometime. I'll probably check in tomorrow morning.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #1086
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I'm running late, and I agree with hoopsguy -- this is a pivotal vote. I wanted to try to figure out who the second werewolf was before posting this...but since I'm on the way out and I might be killed tonight, it needs to be put out in the open.

I own the Notebook. It was passed to me yesterday, and I used it that night to track the Coat of Arms. This is where things get interesting.

RealDeal is telling the truth -- he passed the Coat of Arms to Henry. Henry was killed, so the coat of arms was lost to the wolves, however...the notebook also allows me to see where the item ended up...

...which is with Raiders Army.

Even though he has the coat of arms and it's a wasted vote, I haven't been able to draw out the other wolf, so I vote for Raiders Army.

I am going to pass the notebook on to someone who I think is a villager tonight, so that in case I die, it remains in the game -- it is a quite valuable item, in my opinion.

Good luck gentlemen, and godspeed.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #1087
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, I guess I'll:

Vote RealDeal

If only to get him out of the game.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #1088
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

Eaglesfan - really wish he was more actively participating. I thought I would have fun playing this game with him after reading his analysis (OK, it was wrong, but still ...) during the first Vampire/WW game. He has stated that he isn't able to be as active this week, but is every person who stated that being honest vs. lying low as a wolf until numbers are more advantageous? A suspect, but not terribly high on the list. Medium/high on the list of guys I would convert if I was a wolf.

I've been fairly quiet because I haven't had any significant insightful things to say. However, I've posted impressions wherever I've had them. I guess I've been a bit gun shy about posting detailed analysis after my analysis was so severely flawed in the game where SirFozzie and the vampires won.

Also, my wife truly has been on vacation this week which has lowered my activity somewhat. However, she isn't home tonight and I'll be following the next few hours with great interest. I am on call tonight which will hopefully be quiet (that is why she went out with her best friend tonight.)

Also, I think it is easier to do a detailed analysis when they are fewer people and there is more posts to analyze.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #1089
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote Raiders Army

Sucks that it will take two votes to bag him, but I'm glad to see that Raiders got caught in a lie. I passed the Notebook to Vince so I am pretty confident he is telling the truth.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #1090
kingfc22
Head Coach

After analyzing voting patterns up to this point and the analysis of Vince and Hoops of whom I trust are villagers. I will cast my vote for:

Vote Raiders Army
Old 08-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #1091
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Unvote EaglesFan27
Vote RaidersArmy

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #1092
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Er, wait. If he has the coat of arms, then I'll hold off on that and angle for someone else.

Unvote Raiders Army
Vote EaglesFan27

Old 08-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #1093
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think the analysis is solid by Hoopsguy and Vince, but I think RealDeal might still be a wolf. His behavior is outlandish, and I think he is trying to fool us by passing the coat and voting for himself. I'll stick with my vote for now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #1094
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I think the analysis is solid by Hoopsguy and Vince, but I think RealDeal might still be a wolf. His behavior is outlandish, and I think he is trying to fool us by passing the coat and voting for himself. I'll stick with my vote for now.

For what it's worth, I think this would be an incredibly devious strategy...

RealDeal and Raiders Army are wolves.

RealDeal passes the Coat of Arms to Henry...whom they then attack, knowing they can get the Coat of Arms back.

RealDeal is then killed, Raiders Army piles on to look innocent, and not only does RA look innocent, but he has a 'get out of lynch free' card.

RealDeal voting for himself is just...odd, though. And Raiders Army didn't exactly pile on -- that leads me to believe that RealDeal is in fact a villager.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #1095
SnDvls
Pro Starter

UNVOTE SUPERMAN
VOTE RAIDERS ARMY

I guess we'll see who has the coat
Old 08-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #1096
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, something that I just now noticed that alleviates a LOT of worries --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Notebook of the Detective – [Notebook] The owner of the notebook may designate one item to track in the night. The Detective will be notified who ended up with the Item after the pass phase. The detective is not notified if the Thief steals the item, he will still think it is with its old owner. If the tracked item is not in the game he will be notified of that.

I was worried that RA might have used the Thief's Glove to steal it, and that's how he ended up with it -- but since this is the case, Raider's Army has to be a wolf.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #1097
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if RealDeal is a wolf with Raiders he could have just passed him the Coat - no need to go through Henry for it.

The fact that RealDeal surrendered the item when he was up for lynching makes me strongly believe he is a villager. Not 100%, but pretty close. If he was a wolf he could at least stall us out with the item.

Also, Real posted that he sent it to Henry before Vince came out with the Notebook. I just don't see him being deceitful here. Say what you will about how he played the game earlier, I see him as on my team at this point. And Real votes very low on my sorceror worries since the chances of him being lynched today were quite high.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #1098
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, sure is quiet around here ... guys, it really looks like we have a wolf in our sites and we still have four votes (tie) on RealDeal. Raiders is not moving his ...

Votes are, I think:
Kingfc - Ardent
RealDeal - Eagles, RealDeal, Raiders, Coffee, Schmidty
Eagles - Mr. Wednesday
Ardent - Bug
Raiders - Vince, Hoops, Kingfc, Sundvls
Old 08-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #1099
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tie is another stalemate. We absolutely cannot afford this.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #1100
hoopsguy
General Manager

And the only alive villager that I'm seeing in the list of active users on the site is Schmidty - last posted 14 minutes ago in "What the Hell Do You Look Like".

Jeff, Fouts, Henry, Lathum - wish one of you guys could cast a vote right about now as I've seen you viewing the thread.