Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #1101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think RealDeal is trying to pull a fast one. I'll gladly vote for Raiders tomorrow if we are wrong in lynching RealDeal. However, with all of the theatrics, I just have to think that he is a wolf trying to throw us off his tail.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #1102
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jeff, Fouts, Henry, Lathum - wish one of you guys could cast a vote right about now as I've seen you viewing the thread

I don't think that'd go over to well .

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-12-2005 at 06:43 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #1103
hoopsguy
General Manager

Welcome to the party Eagles, Schmidty (lurkers) - anything I can do to convince you guys to change your votes to Raiders?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:43 PM   #1104
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagles, we don't have the luxury of killing a villager and having Raiders resist a lynching tomorrow.

Lynch Real Deal tomorrow if somehow Raiders doesn't have the coat.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #1105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Welcome to the party Eagles, Schmidty (lurkers) - anything I can do to convince you guys to change your votes to Raiders?

You have me convinced that Raiders is almost certainly a wolf, but I really think RealDeal is as well. From your analysis, we know that Raiders has the coat, and that RealDeal doesn't. I think RealDeal is acting so crazy that he is a liability to us even if he isn't a wolf, but I think he is.

I'm not 100% positive that Raiders is a wolf because isn't it possible that the wolves could have passed it to him after eating Henry and obtaining the coat? I need to re-read the rules again to be sure.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #1106
hoopsguy
General Manager

Running the numbers it is possible we can afford it, but that depends on how quickly they create another wolf and if items that kill villagers come into play. If Real is a villager and we kill him today we are in serious, serious trouble. Don't vote for him because he was a jag.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #1107
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vince gave Raiders the opportunity to come clean about his item earlier and he passed it up.

Please read quickly - tick tock ...
Old 08-12-2005, 06:49 PM   #1108
hoopsguy
General Manager

Assuming I can count ...

Real has five votes
Raiders has four

Need one switch or two people who have not voted or who are on other candidates to make the move to Raiders.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #1109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm reviewing everything in this thread now. If Raiders Army has the coat, he clearly is a wolf. I'm reading quickly.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #1110
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty - any comments? Seen you in here a couple of times now in last ten minutes.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #1111
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pretty much out of time here - there is going to be some serious explaining to do if Real Deal ends up a villager.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #1112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to stick with RealDeal, and I'll tell you why. He has acted highly suspicious from VERY early in this game. He has made so many posts that make me question his tactical ability, however, this could have been a brilliant trick of playing stupid. I think he is a Wolf. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong.

I also think Raiders Army is a wolf. However, I believe he has the coat. I don't think we can afford to not kill someone who I have a high suspicion is a wolf because the Wolves may have lethal items such as the poisonous dart which has already struck an innocent villager down.

I apologize in advance if I'm wrong about RealDeal, however, clearly I'm not the only that is suspicious of him.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #1113
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nope, but there are two of you here with the power to change this vote - you and Schmidty.

I'm not flat accusing of wolf/sorcerer, but don't think you can blame me or the others for considering this a pretty significant piece of the puzzle as we try to figure out where to go after we finish with Raiders.

Both of you were online and in the thread at the end.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #1114
hoopsguy
General Manager

If Raiders is a wolf, there is only one other wolf - what are the odds it is RealDeal? We'll see in a minute ...
Old 08-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #1115
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty - any comments? Seen you in here a couple of times now in last ten minutes.

I'm not always here even though I appear in the thread. For example, I've been away from the computer for a half hour or so cooking, but I leave FOFC up, and I'm usually looking at this thread.

As far as what I think: Everything is a crapshoot right now. All the analysis in the world can't make up for lying, acting, etc., and that's the beauty of these games.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:03 PM   #1116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm more suspicious of those that didn't vote at all, than I am of Schmidty. I know I'm a villager. I might be a villager with flawed logic, but I am a villager.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #1117
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty - your timestamp for being in the thread updated during the process. So you didn't just walk away from the computer at 6:30 and come back after 7:00, unable to get your vote in.

Eagles - I would be more suspicious of villagers that showed up as registered users (all of us) online. But there wasn't anyone in this game that showed up there for the last half hour. I would have posted a "Ping: Somebody" thread to tell them to get into this thread if I had seen them come online.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #1118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If Raiders is a wolf, there is only one other wolf - what are the odds it is RealDeal? We'll see in a minute ...

I'm embarassed to ask this, but did we lynch a wolf that I'm forgetting about? I thought Peregrine said there were 3 to start the game, and I don't remember what wolf we've lynched. I thought we had only gotten 2 sorcerors.

Note, that I'm very tired from a long week of work (and a few nights of late Madden) so I hope I don't sound too stupid if we did lynch a wolf..
Old 08-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #1119
hoopsguy
General Manager

Digamma. The guy that I defended
Old 08-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #1120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ahh, I forgot about Digamma (this thread is so big that I didn't have a chance to review every single page today, and had honestly forgot about him on night 3.)
Old 08-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #1121
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty - your timestamp for being in the thread updated during the process. So you didn't just walk away from the computer at 6:30 and come back after 7:00, unable to get your vote in.

Ok, Mr. Mason. I most certainly have been cooking dinner, and haven't been at the computer the entire time my name has been in the thread (as I said before).

What do you mean by getting my vote in? I voted a while ago.....
Old 08-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #1122
hoopsguy
General Manager

I didn't imply that you didn't cook dinner. However, your timestamp updated between 6:30 and 7:00. You had an opportunity to swing the vote towards Raiders. There is compelling evidence that Raiders is a wolf. You kept your vote on RealDeal.

I'm not saying RealDeal didn't warrant a vote if there were not other good candidates. But what more did Vince and I need to put out there to condemn Raiders?

If RealDeal is a wolf, then bravo to both of you to sticking with your guns.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #1123
kingfc22
Head Coach

Another non-vote for SM#54
Old 08-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #1124
hoopsguy
General Manager

By your timestamp, I mean the time that is associated with last activity. There were two separate times between 6:30 and 7:00 (about 6:45 and 6:55) that your profile showed you viewing this thread with different times.

Were you cooking? I have no idea. Was someone else on your computer? Who knows. I'm putting out what I observed in the last half hour as I was waiting for a vote to switch sides. I'm sorry if you don't feel that my findings are particularly flattering to you.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #1125
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Sweet vindication. I'll be interested in hearing Blade's explanation.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #1126
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would have been more interested in seeing you alive tomorrow, Real. Your vote for yourself is what has you dead at this point.

Would you have switched your vote if you had been here before 7PM? Or would you have left it on yourself so you could continue to vent about how dumb Blade is? It wasn't a whole lot of fun trying to convince people not to vote for you when you were the villager (not wolf or sorceror) that I wanted to see voted off the island.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #1127
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Sweet vindication. I'll be interested in hearing Blade's explanation.

If you are a villager wanting the villagers to win, then it was pretty stupid for you NOT to change your vote to Raiders to save yourself.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #1128
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hey guys, posting this real quick from a WiFi setup.

Near the end of the day, but before the deadline, the Ring of Wisdom spoke, voting for Raiders Army. Sorry I couldn't post it earlier, but I can't be on 24/7.

That brings the voting to:

kingfc22 - ardent
RealDeal - Eaglesfan27, RealDeal, Raiders Army, Coffee Warlord, Schmidty
Eaglesfan27 - Mr. Wednesday
ardent - MrBug708
Raiders Army - Vince, hoopsguy, kingfc22, Sndvls, Ring

Given that it's pretty unfair to spring a tying vote on you guys at the last minute, I will allow voting to remain open for another 40 minutes or so until 9 eastern, in case anyone changes their minds. I'll check back later and post final results when I get a chance.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #1129
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
By your timestamp, I mean the time that is associated with last activity. There were two separate times between 6:30 and 7:00 (about 6:45 and 6:55) that your profile showed you viewing this thread with different times.

Were you cooking? I have no idea. Was someone else on your computer? Who knows. I'm putting out what I observed in the last half hour as I was waiting for a vote to switch sides. I'm sorry if you don't feel that my findings are particularly flattering to you.

Don't be sorry, as I don't particularly care.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #1130
hoopsguy
General Manager

The ring rocks.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #1131
hoopsguy
General Manager

Real, Schmidty, Eagles (if still here) - any buyers remorse on those early votes?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #1132
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Let me die. The Shakespearian tragedy into which I have been drawn should be allowed to complete.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #1133
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Real, Schmidty, Eagles (if still here) - any buyers remorse on those early votes?

No, not really, but your fervor is starting to raise my eyebrows....

Could you be in with RealDeal? Hmmmmm....
Old 08-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #1134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

With what RealDeal is posting now, no.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #1135
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Let me die. The Shakespearian tragedy into which I have been drawn should be allowed to complete.

You are trying WAY too hard to try and save Raiders.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #1136
hoopsguy
General Manager

Peregrine, if RealDeal turns out to be a villager can I play the remainder of this game under protest? That usually works out pretty well in baseball games ...

I would expect the wolves to make the same request if he turns out to be a wolf.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:33 PM   #1137
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty - by all means turn up the heat on me if RealDeal is a werewolf. I will have earned it.

I'm much more convinced that Raiders is a wolf than I am that RealDeal is a villager. But I think it is better than 50% likely Real is a villager who doesn't give a damn about the villagers winning. And I think it is just about 0% chance that Real is the sorceror.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #1138
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if RealDeal is a werewolf it means that at least one of you/Eagles is not an enemy to the village.

Wolves - Raiders, RealDeal
Sorcerers - one

I just don't think that is going to be the scenario. I've been wrong once already (Digamma) so it is entirely possible I'm wrong again.

As it stands right now there is no lynching tonight and we have to go through this again over the weekend, minus one villager.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #1139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I freely admit I might be wrong about RealDeal. However, quite honestly with his current attitude, I believe he is a detriment to the villagers even if he is a villager.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #1140
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is hard for me to try and twist your arm into voting for someone that won't vote to save himself.

I'm just hoping that the other wolf is even more pissed with him than I am right now.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #1141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is hard for me to try and twist your arm into voting for someone that won't vote to save himself.

I'm just hoping that the other wolf is even more pissed with him than I am right now.

Hmmm? The other wolf?

I don't understand that.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #1142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

You understand my confusion? That phrasing suggests that you are a wolf. I don't think you are, but that is curious phrasing.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #1143
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Hmmm? The other wolf?

I don't understand that.

Yeah. Odd choice of words.

Hoopsguy is VERY active, we can say that for sure.....
Old 08-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #1144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Or perhaps I'm just really tired and mis-reading that.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #1145
hoopsguy
General Manager

There are two wolves. If RealDeal turns out to be a wolf, then the other wolf (Raiders is my vehement claim for that role) would be fuming that he is now alone because RealDeal voted for himself.

It stinks out loud that a villager would basically marginalize himself in mid-game. But it is even worse if a wolf would do it since they always have big numbers against them.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #1146
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoopsguy is VERY active, we can say that for sure.....

I think that is pretty consistent with my werewolf play in the past. And I think we (collectively) are making a big mistake giving Raiders another night to roam.

Schmidty - do you think Raiders is a werewolf? Eagles has conceded he thinks he is but I don't recall a comment from you on Raiders since Vince and I tag-teamed him with the Notebook/Coat info.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #1147
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Vote Raiders Army
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #1148
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
Vote Raiders Army

Old 08-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #1149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I hope RealDeal doesn't have any lethal items to kill any of us with tonight. I also hope we are right about Raiders Army being a werewolf.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #1150
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I think that is pretty consistent with my werewolf play in the past. And I think we (collectively) are making a big mistake giving Raiders another night to roam.

Schmidty - do you think Raiders is a werewolf? Eagles has conceded he thinks he is but I don't recall a comment from you on Raiders since Vince and I tag-teamed him with the Notebook/Coat info.

Like I said before: I flat out admit that I have no idea as to who the werewolf/ves is/are. I think there's a good chance that Raiders or RealDeal is a wolf, but I also think there's a good chance that the wolf is someone nobody suspects. I actually have a gut feeling that it's someone floating beneath the radar, but I have no evidence to support that.