Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #1351
hoopsguy
General Manager

Actually, the wolves did not know who the sorcerors were at the start of the game. Which is why they ate Jeff (the guy with the Crown). But they do know who the current one is since they created him by reading from the Book.

Schmidty - good catch Everyone absolutely should re-read the block of threads I have cited to make sure I'm not letting too much personal bias come into play. And I would encourage anyone else to come up with alternate theories for how to review the remaining people in our not-so-fair city.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #1352
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, if you want to read the thread looking for where I'm condemning you that is your perogative. But I also have stated, at least twice, that I tie you with Coffee and that you can't both be wolves. So although I didn't include you in my personal "circle" post I currently think that you are pretty unlikely to be a wolf. Sorceror? I would probably have you as more likely than most to have been converted but you haven't given me any reason to suspect you in that role.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 PM   #1353
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That's better. I was about to drink some hoopsguy flavored haterade.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 PM   #1354
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Actually, the wolves did not know who the sorcerors were at the start of the game. Which is why they ate Jeff (the guy with the Crown). But they do know who the current one is since they created him by reading from the Book.

Schmidty - good catch Everyone absolutely should re-read the block of threads I have cited to make sure I'm not letting too much personal bias come into play. And I would encourage anyone else to come up with alternate theories for how to review the remaining people in our not-so-fair city.

Well if I was a wolf, I'd really have known that the wolves didn't know who the sorcerors were at the beginning
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 PM   #1355
hoopsguy
General Manager

What if you were a converted sorceror?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 PM   #1356
Schmidty
Coordinator

too many smilies.........

Old 08-15-2005, 09:52 PM   #1357
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What if you were a converted sorceror?

Nope. Just a villager.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:52 PM   #1358
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hopsguy, that was a lot of analysis....
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:55 PM   #1359
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Hopsguy, that was a lot of analysis....

Yep. Raiders Army posted a lot of "evidence" as well.......
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #1360
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm. Well, while I can't say with much accuracy who is a wolf....for what it's worth, here's who I absolutely do not think is a wolf.

Vince - Duh?

Hoops - I repeat what I've said time and time again (and for some reason, he's still getting votes here and there.) Hoops has just been too 'out there' to be a reasonable wolf. While it would be a great cover, I still totally doubt it.

AE - Despite a little confusion later on, he kept his word with me, and we got rid of the Mask. Another easy one for me.

And I have one question at the moment, to Superman. What's with the rather odd voting record? Without digging through the thread again, you've had some very, well, out there votes.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #1361
hoopsguy
General Manager

Please. No one posts as much "evidence" as me. In all seriousness, as we get deeper into the game I'm more inclined to put my thoughts out there and see where the group goes with them. Hopefully people respond in a way that makes it easier to pick up patterns.

Schmidty, your anger does not serve you well. Brings you to the dark side, it does.

Also, I believe this is my first mention as Hopsguy at FOFC. Nice.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 PM   #1362
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty, your anger does not serve you well. Brings you to the dark side, it does.

You think this is me being angry? Hahahahah. You don't know me very well.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #1363
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've seen a much angrier Schmidty in previous WW games
Old 08-15-2005, 10:04 PM   #1364
hoopsguy
General Manager

Point taken - I seem to recall a few other threads on this board that would be Exhibit A, B, etc before this one.

OK, got to get some studying in before bed. Hope to continue some of these conversations tomorrow morning.

Which means I'm gone for .... maybe ten minutes?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:33 AM   #1365
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The night passes quickly. In the morning, the body of Vince is found torn apart, another victim of the wolves. He was an innocent villager. Vince had the Gloves of the Thief which are now lost!

During the night, you all awoke briefly to hear the now-familiar booming voice reading strange, unholy words. Someone read from the Book of the Damned tonight!

Day 7 - There are 10 of you left.

Lathum - Lynched Day 2 - villager
kingfc22
sundvls
blade6119 - Lynched Day 4 - villager
Coffee Warlord
Henry296 - killed Night 4 - villager
BrianD - killed Night 3 - villager
digamma - Lynched Day 3 - werewolf
eaglesfan27
hoopsguy
fouts - Poisoned and died Night 3 - villager
schmidty
dubb93 - killed Night 2 - villager
vince - killed Night 6 - villager
Qwikshot - Lynched Day 1 - Sorceror
RealDeal - Killed Night 5 - villager
Jeff061 - Killed Night 1 - Sorceror
Raiders Army - Lynched Day 6 - werewolf
Mr. Wednesday
MrBug708
Superman=#54
ardent enthusiast

I'll send each of you your night action PMs momentarily. Lynch votes are due by 8 pm.

Last edited by Peregrine : 08-16-2005 at 07:52 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #1366
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Final voting - No surprises here

Raiders Army - Mr. Wednesday, hoopsguy, eaglesfan27, Raiders Army, Vince, MrBug708, ardent, Coffee Warlord, Schmidty

Hoopsguy - Ring
Superman - Sndvls
Vince - kingfc22, Superman

To no one's surprise, Raiders Army is lynched today. Also to no one's real surprise, he is a werewolf! 11 of you are left alive.
Too late now and it doesn't matter, but I actually didn't vote at all, much less for myself. That was in the X-Com WW Game.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #1367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very quiet here ... too quiet. Does anyone have any thoughts on the conversion? On how to proceed today?

I'm out for a couple of hours, but will be back to start working through this in the early afternoon.

What would you do as a wolf - go two wolves or wolf + 2 sorcerors?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #1368
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Hell if I know. I can see arguments either way. In their position, I think I'd be more likely to go with another sorceror, but it's risky because then none of them know each other, even though they're all on the same side.

People that might be suspicious as likely conversions include myself, SnDvls, ardent, and CW, because we have all at one point or another been classified as "trusted" by someone else.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:05 AM   #1369
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, considering there was a kill, I wonder if that doesn't mean that the sorceror read from the book?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #1370
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Dola, considering there was a kill, I wonder if that doesn't mean that the sorceror read from the book?

There was a kill the last time the book was read as well. Suppose it's possible the Sorc read from the book, but it seems the wolves can get money faster than villagers, since (I think) they get the money of the people they kill.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #1371
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OK, scratch that idea, then.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:02 AM   #1372
kingfc22
Head Coach

My biggest fear and suspicion falls on those who voted for RealDeal on Day 5 rather than Raiders and then switched over to vote Raiders when everyone knew he would die.

Eagles, Schmidty and CW all fall under this category.

My reason for voting for Vince yesterday was to try and draw out votes off of Raiders to see who would try to save him.

For now I Vote Coffee Warlord.

Somebody has to start things off and I will be at work all day and hopefully I can find time for some internet access.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #1373
Vince
Pro Starter

Ah...was kind of hoping that my non-threat to the wolves now that I didn't have the notebook would keep me alive

Good luck villagers!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:29 PM   #1374
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

If I was the wolf, I would have gone for 1 werewolf and 2 sorcerors to have more "voting power." I think one of the "trusted" people were likely to have been converted.

Also, the amulet doesn't reveal sorceror's as evil. Another reason for the werewolf to have created another sorceror.

I'm trying to decide who was most likely to have been converted.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #1375
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE Superman

since he keeps "flying" under the radar and I can't shake the feeling that he is a wolf or at least evil.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #1376
hoopsguy
General Manager

Peregrine, have a question:

If there were two sorcerors in the game, both created via Book of Damned, would they have the ability to communicate with each other? I know they would not know who the wolf is, but would they know the identity of the other sorceror?

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #1377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Today feels like it is going to be a crapshoot, which is disappointing this late in the game.

I think we need to make every effort to identify the remaining original wolf. If we get him there would not be a kill tonight in the event that there are two sorcerors. Also, the wolf gets the money via kills, so that would severely reduce the buying power of the sorcerors (assuming two).

If there are two wolves and we get one today then we are in a very strong position the rest of the way. But we wouldn't know that until tomorrow morning - would have to see if there was a kill after we lynch a wolf.

With this in mind, I think that speculation on who might be a sorceror doesn't necessarily help our cause in the very short term. Lets get the wolf and then see where we stand.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:58 PM   #1378
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if villager is passed an item during the Night phase that would seem to jeopardize our success then I would strongly encourage you to come forward with this info as soon as possible. There are enough way to track items in this game that it would be better to reveal it yourself than fall prey to a false accusation. Just because you were passed an item doesn't mean you are not holding onto another one that has more value or some kind of protective benefit - I don't think revealing a potentially harmful item puts you in a bad position for the following evening.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #1379
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think revealing a potentially harmful item puts you in a bad position for the following evening.

It depends on the item, if you ask me. The wolves are slowly whittling us away, and now, it would seme logical that the people most at risk are folks with powerful items.

Normally this would be about the time we find out who has Seer powers, but since there is no bodyguard type in this game, the Amulet is a dangerous dangerous dangerous item to possess (openly).
Old 08-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #1380
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
VOTE Superman

since he keeps "flying" under the radar and I can't shake the feeling that he is a wolf or at least evil.

Adjust your radar and try again.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #1381
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's not quite true... it would cost a fortune (relative to silver scarcity in the game), but a villager could conceivably buy the Lance of the Crusader for a one-time bodyguard action.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:28 PM   #1382
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
That's not quite true... it would cost a fortune (relative to silver scarcity in the game), but a villager could conceivably buy the Lance of the Crusader for a one-time bodyguard action.

Good point. Somehow doubt someone DID manage to get all that money to buy the lance, but I guess it's possible.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:29 PM   #1383
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FYI, my circle of trust is shot all to hell.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #1384
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm so confused.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #1385
Poli
FOFC Survivor

At least I'm staying alive. The numbers are now, what, 7-3?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:40 PM   #1386
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

7-3 or 8-2, depending on if a wolf was made or a sorc was made.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 PM   #1387
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, if you revealed an item of value then you would have to trust your ability to pass it onto someone who is an ally - who won't die the next night. Which is definitely getting tougher.

As far as the Amulet specifically, the value of views is diminishing each day. Views that may have been valuable 2-3 days ago are less so with at least one conversion having taken place.

Peregrine, what would the order be on the Amulet vs the Book? Which one would be processed first? Or would they be simultaneous so that someone viewed with the Amulet would be seen undergoing a transformation into a wolf?

Thanks again.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #1388
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Coffee, if you revealed an item of value then you would have to trust your ability to pass it onto someone who is an ally - who won't die the next night. Which is definitely getting tougher.

True, but take it a step further in the chain of events. If an item is made publically known, with the knowledge that it will be passed that night, there's STILL plenty of incentive for the wolves to kill that person.

1) That person can't say who they passed it to.

2) That person can't say who they DIDN'T pass it to.

Easier for the wolves to lie and try and convict a villager if the known bearer of an item is quite dead.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:56 PM   #1389
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Riddle me this, Warlord: Got any items?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:57 PM   #1390
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dola...and what's happened with the hammer?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:57 PM   #1391
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Riddle me that, AE, yes, I do.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #1392
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola, and I don't know why you of all people are asking that question.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #1393
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just checking your honesty. Check sat. Check complete. Regard all further alarms. I proclaim the Warlord clean.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:04 PM   #1394
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That, and coupled with me still being a villager, eliminates two suspects.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:05 PM   #1395
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't see how admitting to having an item clears him, but I guess that's just me.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #1396
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If someone else would like to save me the effort of figuring out the voting history over the last two or three votes, I would be massively appreciative.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #1397
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Peregrine, have a question:

If there were two sorcerors in the game, both created via Book of Damned, would they have the ability to communicate with each other? I know they would not know who the wolf is, but would they know the identity of the other sorceror?

Thanks.

Yes.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 PM   #1398
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

As far as the Amulet specifically, the value of views is diminishing each day. Views that may have been valuable 2-3 days ago are less so with at least one conversion having taken place.

Peregrine, what would the order be on the Amulet vs the Book? Which one would be processed first? Or would they be simultaneous so that someone viewed with the Amulet would be seen undergoing a transformation into a wolf?

Thanks again.

The Amulet goes before the Book. If there's a conflict, I go by the order they are in the activation list in the rules.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #1399
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
If someone else would like to save me the effort of figuring out the voting history over the last two or three votes, I would be massively appreciative.

If I was at home, I would.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #1400
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
If I was at home, I would.

Paging Hoopsguy.