Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #801
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Considering you never see my side on anything even when I am good and am right (which may or may not be the case here), I don't really consider I'll ever convince you of anything, even if it was to tell you that you were on fire when your pantsleg was burning.

I am not grandstanding, I just don't think the cute tie-game play is really cute, I think it is counterproductive and not helpful actually.

well it's not like you all have a smoking gun or anything. frankly regardless of whether you are angels or not you ought to be thankful people are voting with you.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #802
Danny
Head Coach

Dont think the double up was really necessary ugg
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #803
Tyrith
College Starter

Efficiency at work.

WORK ON WALLS
WORK ON WALLS
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #804
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Considering you never see my side on anything even when I am good and am right (which may or may not be the case here), I don't really consider I'll ever convince you of anything, even if it was to tell you that you were on fire when your pantsleg was burning.

I am not grandstanding, I just don't think the cute tie-game play is really cute, I think it is counterproductive and not helpful actually.

But he's right. You and Real Deal pretty much remove any possibility of a tie. Your presence that is. And that was before JE's votes.

There would have to be a concerted effort to save hoops now, and I just don't see enough evidence to fight that, even if I chose to put my vote elsewhere.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #805
Danny
Head Coach

And now two more points on the walls? I think there are some misplays in actions here.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #806
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

ANd of course your high and mighty do this or you're spirit suffers line is so much more appealing. Damnit alan stop being a fuckwit and at least try and give us a real valid reason to listen to you. You're holier than thou (no pun intended here) attitude in these last few pages is enough to make me vomit, wether your right or not.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #807
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Efficiency at work.

WORK ON WALLS
WORK ON WALLS

Thank you. Color me paranoid, but three was not enough, IMO, when all three are uncleared. You're not cleared either, but no way in heck five actions somehow "disappear".

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #808
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
well it's not like you all have a smoking gun or anything. frankly regardless of whether you are angels or not you ought to be thankful people are voting with you.

If people don't want to vote with me, fine so be it. They should at least give a reason why other than the random comments people have made of ugh, umph, igh, oogh and then votes just to keep it close or tie it without a reason.

I partially feel sad that Hoops will be lynched because he was participating in the conversation at least and giving reasons for stuff (whether or not he was honest about them I guess we will see)..

If anything, I think over the last hour I have become more convinced that this is the right play. So I guess I'll either go down in flames (literally) or I'll be right here.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #809
Danny
Head Coach

No reason to put two more points on the walls. If you feel like all 3 people were going to fake, why not just put 1 point and then a point on the roof?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #810
hoopsguy
General Manager

UNVOTE JEHEINZ
VOTE PACKERFANATIC
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #811
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think that move was futile, but I would certainly welcome a bail out.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #812
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
ANd of course your high and mighty do this or you're spirit suffers line is so much more appealing. Damnit alan stop being a fuckwit and at least try and give us a real valid reason to listen to you. You're holier than thou (no pun intended here) attitude in these last few pages is enough to make me vomit, wether your right or not.

Now, be fair. Alan laid out some reasoning for his votes. Frankly, he has a lot more to back his hoops' vote, IMO, then you did on RD yesterday, and you locked on RD just as bad.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #813
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm done talking with you. This whole coming out cussing at me thing just because you never agree with me is what caused me to quit playing before. (Not just you doing it, but you, Goldeneagle and LSG). I'm not insulting you or DT or anyone else, I don't need the same back at me. I said what I feel, that this is a game that requires people to provide reasons for doing stuff. I have gone on way too much on my reasons for things.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #814
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, yeah, and the personal attack on Alan == really not cool, dude (I know you get emotional, though--is this the return of the Render original? ).

Old 01-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #815
hoopsguy
General Manager

Boom goes the dynamite?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #816
hoopsguy
General Manager

Short of a duke, I think I'm done.

Chalk up #2.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #817
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have as a final count:

PF – Jackal (665), Pass (724), Pass (724), KWhit (769), Hoops (810)
Pass – Jackal (665), Packer (691), Render (773)
Heinz – CR (770), CR (770), DT (779)
Hoops – Heniz (687), Danny (729), Danny (729), JE (787), JE (787), DT (779), Alan (799), Alan (799), Real (800), Real (800)

Walls – Hoops (655), Packer (657), Heinz (686), Tyrith (803), Tyrith (803)
Capentry – Kwhit (754)
Roof – Render (783)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #818
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, getting a gut vibe on something. Doesn't affect this vote, and I won't get the information I need from BK. And I can't speak of it right now. But if it turns out right, I'll point to this post as evidence of my greatness.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #819
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm done talking with you. This whole coming out cussing at me thing just because you never agree with me is what caused me to quit playing before. (Not just you doing it, but you, Goldeneagle and LSG). I'm not insulting you or DT or anyone else, I don't need the same back at me. I said what I feel, that this is a game that requires people to provide reasons for doing stuff. I have gone on way too much on my reasons for things.

*sigh* thank you for finally doing what you should have shut up and done long ago, put your votes where your mouth is.

why did it take a screaming match to get that to happen?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #820
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
*sigh* thank you for finally doing what you should have shut up and done long ago, put your votes where your mouth is.

Seemed to be obvious reasons for why they wanted to wait. They probably shouldn't have put it the way they did, but there were advantages if they didn't have to vote.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #821
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The spiritual help thing, ya know? We don't know what it really is, but I don't think it's bull.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #822
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Oh, yeah, and the personal attack on Alan == really not cool, dude (I know you get emotional, though--is this the return of the Render original? ).

SOrry cheif, if you don't liike me, put me on ignore. I'm not going to sit by and read the tripe Alan posts which I find insulting in general because he feels he's right and anyone who says otherwise is "causing problems".

Its not his factsI disagree with, its the way he comes across on the posts. Its like listening to (for lack of a better example) a born again bible thumping overzealous preacher. "I'm telling you this is how it is and you must do this or you'll burn in hell"

Its ridiculous, especially when he tries to blame everyone else for forcing him to put his votes where his mouth is. Which he finally did. Would have saved a lot of bad feelings if he;d just done that to begin with.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #823
Barkeep49
Coordinator

GAH! Accidently just deleted teh lynch post. Sorry.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #824
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
GAH! Accidently just deleted teh lynch post. Sorry.

Keep doing it until we get a good result!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #825
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Seemed to be obvious reasons for why they wanted to wait. They probably shouldn't have put it the way they did, but there were advantages if they didn't have to vote.

Quote:
The spiritual help thing, ya know? We don't know what it really is, but I don't think it's bull.

Sorry guys, this is werewolf not sunday morning prayers. I don't give anyone blind faith. You want cooperationfrom me you best have an open book of reasons.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #826
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Seriously, Render, if you turn out to be a villager at the end of this game, I'm going to wonder what on earth you've been trying to do this entire game.

If you believe we are angels, then why would you be so insistent we burn our votes, when we've given as much explanation as we possibly could as to why we preferred to not have to vote this round?
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #827
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Keep doing it until we get a good result!

Sorry, you would need to change it to another player to get what most of us would consider a good result.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #828
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Please note that THIS is indeed the reason for this whole confrontation. I can't help it if other people are just like me and screw up HOW they deliver a message.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #829
Danny
Head Coach

I'll be disappointed if my primary reason for making the vote I did (angels going elsewhere) is wasted and we lynched a villager.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #830
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SOrry cheif, if you don't liike me, put me on ignore. I'm not going to sit by and read the tripe Alan posts which I find insulting in general because he feels he's right and anyone who says otherwise is "causing problems".

Its not his factsI disagree with, its the way he comes across on the posts. Its like listening to (for lack of a better example) a born again bible thumping overzealous preacher. "I'm telling you this is how it is and you must do this or you'll burn in hell"

Its ridiculous, especially when he tries to blame everyone else for forcing him to put his votes where his mouth is. Which he finally did. Would have saved a lot of bad feelings if he;d just done that to begin with.

Has nothing to do with like, it has to do with being more respectful. Okay, you don't like his posting style or how he sometimes locks into whatever his opinion of a situation is. Not a reason to call someone a fuckwit.

I don't ignore people. I think babies ignore people, hiding their heads in the sand. I do challenge people, especially when they're being insulting.

Alan stated his reasons for his call for votes on hoops publically, and also stated why he didn't put his votes down himself right away. Whether you agree or disagree with those reasons, he DOES have his reasons, which he has given, and they are legitimate and logical (even if I lean toward him being wrong).

Old 01-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #831
hoopsguy
General Manager

You would be disappointed? Hmm ...
Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #832
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The voices of those who claim to be from above, tell you not to trust the Shepard. At first people aren't sure what to do. But after some debate and thought, they decide to trust those voices. As though that weren't enough there are some extra weight given to the voices against the shepard.

"I will go quietly," the Shepard says as he makes his way to the noose. "But I think you," and here hoops points at Pass, "want to vote for me." Pass stands there enraptured and can only nod his head in agreement. "Good. With that done, I hope you enjoy the final gift from my friend Alastor."

And at that moment, not only does hoop drop dead, but so does your merchant, Pass, and minstrel, Alan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoops' PM
The Shepard was such a good sort, until you corrupted him. He would have even had been able to perform extra work on the cathedral. Too bad for him.

As Lucifer you may freely communicate with your counterpart, Gabriel (aka redacted), though please copy me. You may not vote for Gabriel until at least 2 non-demons have done so and the Rules state you may not reveal who Gabriel is to anyone either directly or indirectly. As Lucifer you have the ultimate power in deciding who shall perform the kill and who the kill shall be and must PM me with the decision. Since, it may not be Gabriel, the PM, as long as you’re alive, must come from you. You may use your evil influence to sway people. Four times during the game you may cause a person to change either the area they are working on or the person they are voting for. You can only change a vote to a different vote or work area to a different area. Finally, if the Duke attempts to kill you, it will backfire and cause the Duke to die instead.

You may also freely communicate with your fellow demons, redacted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass' PM
You travel from town to town. But you would never have dreamed of missing this Bonanza. So many people converging on one place is a dream come true. Plus they should have money to spend, which means you can charge twice your normal rate. Ahh it’s good to be you. But that isn’t always true. Carrying around supplies and money from town to town has meant that you’ve had to learn how to protect yourself. You have become so good at it you may also protect others.

As the bodyguard you may choose one person each night to keep safe from demonic attack. You may not guard the same person a second time until you have guarded until at least half the people who were alive when you first guarded that person are dead (so if there were 12 players in the game at the time you guarded you may not guard that person until there are 6 or fewer players in the game). Finally, if you are one of the final two players alive along with a Demon, you will kill the demon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's PM
As the angel Seraph you have always been a fan of music and so you choose the body of the minstrel to occupy. He is so alive with song. You just love it. Upon occupying his body you are confident that he would have been able to use his way with words to avoid death by lynching or night kill one time. You are not sure you have quite mastered this ability, yet so you cannot count on it saving you. Though with time you might come to be able to use the words as well as the minstrel.

redacted

Your fellow angels are redacted. You may communicate freely with them, though you are asked to copy me on the communication.

redacted

As Seraph twice during the game if you work on one thing (may be either the Cathedral or the Spirtual Health) you will accomplish a bonus unit of work, e.g. 3 shifts of work rather than 2. You may not use this power in consecutive days.

PF – Jackal (665), KWhit (769), Hoops (810)
Pass – Jackal (665), Packer (691), Render (773)
Heinz – CR (770), CR (770), DT (779)
Hoops – Heniz (687), Danny (729), Danny (729), JE (787), JE (787), DT (779), Alan (799), Alan (799), Real (800), Real (800), Pass, Pass, Unknown 1, Unknown 2

Walls – Hoops (655), Packer (657), Heinz (686), Tyrith (803), Tyrith (803)
Capentry – Kwhit (754)
Roof – Render (783)

Walls - Repaired
Roof - 6 shifts
Windows - 7 shifts
Artwork - Repaired
Carpentry - Repaired

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-23-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #833
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry guys, this is werewolf not sunday morning prayers. I don't give anyone blind faith. You want cooperationfrom me you best have an open book of reasons.

Yesterday, you argued Occam's Razor in your attempt to lynch Real Deal, but today, you want us to buy the most unlikely of massive conspiracy theories that Alan and Real Deal are demons who are lying?

Got it.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #834
Danny
Head Coach

Sweet, we did get the demon. Why did we lose two people though?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #835
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Seriously, Render, if you turn out to be a villager at the end of this game, I'm going to wonder what on earth you've been trying to do this entire game.

If you believe we are angels, then why would you be so insistent we burn our votes, when we've given as much explanation as we possibly could as to why we preferred to not have to vote this round?

THere is enough BS floating around in the game without you two adding to it. If you're angels and you expect everyone to believe it (as I do for the most part) then stop with the cloak and dagger bullshit and state your case.

Neither of you made a REAL case against hoops today, why are you even moderatly surprised people are reacting badly to your unwillingness to take action on your own suspicions?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #836
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Awesome. Down goes Lucifer. Never happier I was wrong. Sorry I didn't buy in, Alan. Completely understand if the lynch mob comes after me next.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #837
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Whew. So relieved we were right.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #838
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops, you are a heck of a wolf btw. I'm glad I relied solely on logic and not on my gut.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #839
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Yesterday, you argued Occam's Razor in your attempt to lynch Real Deal, but today, you want us to buy the most unlikely of massive conspiracy theories that Alan and Real Deal are demons who are lying?

Got it.

Stop twisting my words, I never said ANYTHING like that CR. Why are you trying to create more problems?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #840
RealDeal
High School Varsity

And the answer to the people dropping dead issue is that Alastor is one of the demons.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #841
Danny
Head Coach

I still don't understand why two people died, was that the night action?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #842
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Aw, crap, just read the hoops PM mostly at first. Now, re-reading it, I am thinking we're fooked.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #843
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Stop twisting my words, I never said ANYTHING like that CR. Why are you trying to create more problems?

Why would Alan and Real Deal have lied about that unless they were demons?

And, now, of course, Alan is proven to be an Angel. Well done, Mr. Cleared Villager.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #844
RendeR
Coordinator

ALan and RD were right, good. Ifthey'd simply taken the stand themselves right away there wouldn't have been an issue at all.

its the self defeating "I won't tell you anything I don't want to" crap that keeps alan and I from ever seeing eye to eye. It doesn't have to be james fucking bond scenes in this game, its not that damned convoluted.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #845
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, you are a heck of a wolf btw. I'm glad I relied solely on logic and not on my gut.

Clearly bummed by the result, but had fun playing and hope to enjoy reading along with the rest of the game.

Thanks for the kind words, btw.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #846
Danny
Head Coach

Hmm, I think we are ok actually.

11 players, 2 demons, 2 angels and 7 villagers most likely. we're ok there. And I think tomorrow I would have gone after Pass, so I am glad he is at least one of the two that was killed.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #847
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
ALan and RD were right, good. Ifthey'd simply taken the stand themselves right away there wouldn't have been an issue at all.

its the self defeating "I won't tell you anything I don't want to" crap that keeps alan and I from ever seeing eye to eye. It doesn't have to be james fucking bond scenes in this game, its not that damned convoluted.

Let's drop it and actually you know play the game?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #848
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I'm probably dead tonight, so I will give you my final words on who I think is suspicious in a few minutes.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #849
Danny
Head Coach

I feel better about Kwhit now. I was pretty sure one wolf was between the two of them, but I don't think two wolves make that mid-late vote on Telle.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #850
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmm, I think we are ok actually.

11 players, 2 demons, 2 angels and 7 villagers most likely. we're ok there. And I think tomorrow I would have gone after Pass, so I am glad he is at least one of the two that was killed.

But we have lost both the BG and the Seer, and RD is almost certainly dead tonight. And we still don't really have a clue who the demons are.

I can make some educated guesses. I am on the short list, actually, among those uncleared who are left.