Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #951
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
why do you still feel we want to avoid the brutal? we have a commanding lead as far as # of players. We should get the wolf that we know for 100% right now.

Because if Render didn't protect me last night, he can protect me tonight. But if we kill the brutal, the brutal almost certainly takes me with him.

Of course, we'll probably lynch one of the two remaining question marks (Tyrith or nfg), and that would clear the need for a scan anyway.

But, regardless, if we kill the brutal (assumed to be JAG), 100% certain you lose me AND you still won't know which of nfg and Tyrith is the wolf.

So I figure, take out nfg or Tyrith, so we can figure that out. If I also end up living because of it, great, one more villager for a day, and even if it's not needed, I'll throw a scan out there and hope I get a lucky roll for once.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #952
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Vote JAG

At some point the brutal needs to go. That point is today, we are to the point where we don't need scans so there is no point in trying to beat around the bush here and save a seer.

If the argument is that we don't need scans, why does it matter which order we do it?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #953
Danny
Head Coach

It probably doesn't because I think we lynch Tyrith right after NFG even if NFG is the wolf.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #954
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vote JAG

At some point the brutal needs to go. That point is today, we are to the point where we don't need scans so there is no point in trying to beat around the bush here and save a seer.

Why vote the brutal, forcing the loss of a villager as well, and then have to return tomorrow still with the question of nfg/Tyrith to figure out?

Why not kill one of the latter two, don't lose a villager for another day, and figure out the last nagging qolf question left to us?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #955
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It probably doesn't because I think we lynch Tyrith right after NFG even if NFG is the wolf.

Why would we lynch Tyrith instead of a wolf in JAG in that situation?

Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #956
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

huh?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #957
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh I guess that makes sense -- we don't know what Loki's win condition is.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #958
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Why would we lynch Tyrith instead of a wolf in JAG in that situation?

What I mean is if we lynch Jag now then we follow by lynching NFG and Tyrith, even if NFG is a wolf. of course we don't lynch Loki over a wolf.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #959
Danny
Head Coach

My point was is lynching Jag is fine because we don't need another scan really. I will go with a lynch of Jag or NFG today.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #960
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My point was is lynching Jag is fine because we don't need another scan really. I will go with a lynch of Jag or NFG today.

This seems like you're saying we're just going to win anyway no matter what. While that may be true, I think it would be a huge blunder if we get sloppy and lose here. I don't know what all can happen, but I think we should be thinking this through.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #961
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Not to say that I'm sold on an nfg vote -- I just think there's never a case where we don't need a scan. And maybe JAG's not even the brutal -- maybe he revealed first because he was furthest from the center at the time, or maybe he just happened to be online when Autumn revealed and chose his spot.

I just don't like the "we're going to win anyway" argument, since if you feel that way, you really don't care WHAT we do.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #962
Danny
Head Coach

You're doing a lot of analyzing for not winning with us . It's not that I don't care, i just don't think there will end up being a difference with either direction that we go. And you're right, while it's likely Jag is the brutal, it is not guaranteed.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #963
Danny
Head Coach

That said, I don't think the wolves really know who is closest to center since Lathum died. I know I have no real clue how close the center I am.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #964
RendeR
Coordinator

I lie about my scans to try and confuse people. Safest way to go.

Unfortunately I did not stop anything last night, nor saw anyone around my intended protect-ee.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #965
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You're doing a lot of analyzing for not winning with us . It's not that I don't care, i just don't think there will end up being a difference with either direction that we go. And you're right, while it's likely Jag is the brutal, it is not guaranteed.

I do win with you guys -- if the wolves win, there's no way I can win. So I hope my analysis is taken as well-intentioned, since I need you guys to beat the wolves.

You're probably right that they don't know for sure. But they might have a decent guess, based on who has wasted more time running into dead ends and such.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #966
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Anyone know the villager to wolf ratio? How many do we have left, because after will kill JAG and Tyrinth and...eeek even me...will we have enough to possibly evade that minotaur. Even though he is friendly now, he wont be when we get near middle.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #967
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I do understand your reasoning...under one condition..If I am not scanned, then I would kill me as I could have turned wolf and you did not know. I am Loki. The question is...which way did I turn. I would totally understand if you had to kill me to find out.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #968
Danny
Head Coach

II. dubb93 - Phoenix
III. RendeR - Paladin
IX. hoopsguy - Telepath
X. lerriuqs - Theo
XI. Danny - Telepath
XII. Barkeep49 - Jekyl
XIII. Chief Rum - Private Eye
XVIII. DaddyTorgo Telepath

Villagers left, figure if the wolves kill another three of us (should be the most) that leaves 5 of us to race towards the center. If we hit on the two wolves without missing that leaves 6 of us.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #969
Danny
Head Coach

Scan or not, Loki dies once the wolves are done. Even if you scanned as not a wolf, we don't know what additional choices would present themselves possibly. As far as I am concerned once Loki is gone we then lynch NTNdeacon as he is a neutral role as well. Then after that we just lynch Pass to our failure.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #970
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Scan or not, Loki dies once the wolves are done. Even if you scanned as not a wolf, we don't know what additional choices would present themselves possibly. As far as I am concerned once Loki is gone we then lynch NTNdeacon as he is a neutral role as well. Then after that we just lynch Pass to our failure.

A couple problems:

1. From asking The Jackal, lynches will stop after the wolves are gone. Maybe he didn't think about neutral players, so we might want to ask him again.

2. I can't be lynched.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #971
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im against your idea of lynching me even if im good. That seems pointless..I think your a little paranoid.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #972
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
A couple problems:

1. From asking The Jackal, lynches will stop after the wolves are gone. Maybe he didn't think about neutral players, so we might want to ask him again.

2. I can't be lynched.

1. If this is the case then that changes things.

2. Exactly, I was assuming we had to lynch somebody even once the wolves were gone and the point of lynching you is that it results in nothing and no villagers die.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #973
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Im against your idea of lynching me even if im good. That seems pointless..I think your a little paranoid.

I would be against lynching you if I was you also .

But we will be lynching Loki once the wolves are gone unless it is made known that all the wolves are gone and we have earned that minor victory.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #974
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I like starting with nfg - worst case is that we have to lynch all three of them. Best case, we're done lynching on Monday and simply need to find the centre before the Minotaur gets the rest of us.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #975
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Because if Render didn't protect me last night, he can protect me tonight. But if we kill the brutal, the brutal almost certainly takes me with him.

Of course, we'll probably lynch one of the two remaining question marks (Tyrith or nfg), and that would clear the need for a scan anyway.

But, regardless, if we kill the brutal (assumed to be JAG), 100% certain you lose me AND you still won't know which of nfg and Tyrith is the wolf.

So I figure, take out nfg or Tyrith, so we can figure that out. If I also end up living because of it, great, one more villager for a day, and even if it's not needed, I'll throw a scan out there and hope I get a lucky roll for once.

If we lynch NFG or Tyrith we won't need your scan anyway. Sorry CR, you are useless to us at this point. We go JAG you get brutaled. We go elsewhere and we are answering the only question ourselves that your scan could have answered. Welcome to uselessville. Population=your scans.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #976
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Thanks! Start with me..I suppose even when I am a villager that leaves you guys with five anyways...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #977
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we've known JAG was a wolf for what...2 days now? how about we lynch him already and stop being cute!!!! i was all for giving him a 1-day reprieve based on the arguments laid out there yesterday, but i'm done with that now

VOTE LYNCH JAG!!!!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #978
Danny
Head Coach

I'm actually not convinced Dubb isn't a wolf Phoenix

Unvote nfg
Vote Dubb
Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #979
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm actually not convinced Dubb isn't a wolf Phoenix

Unvote nfg
Vote Dubb

Seriously? It's listed in good roles.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #980
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Seriously? It's listed in good roles.

Hmm, trying to defend Dubb here? Maybe you are with him

Unvote Dubb
Vote Pass
Old 06-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #981
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If we lynch NFG or Tyrith we won't need your scan anyway. Sorry CR, you are useless to us at this point. We go JAG you get brutaled. We go elsewhere and we are answering the only question ourselves that your scan could have answered. Welcome to uselessville. Population=your scans.

No, I already know my scans will end up being of no value at this point. What I am questioning is why we would choose the path that will get us two villagers killed today (regardless of those villagers' roles) and still leave us with a wolf question to resolve, when we can choose to go the less "villager-costly" route and resolve the only question left to us with respect to allegiance?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #982
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmm, trying to defend Dubb here? Maybe you are with him

Unvote Dubb
Vote Pass

Someone's gone a little loco.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #983
Danny
Head Coach

loco? Very similar to loki, are you trying to give us a hint here?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #984
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

lol at Danny.

I think you're overthinking this one.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #985
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
loco? Very similar to loki, are you trying to give us a hint here?

Sure. I am quite positive that, yes, someone is loki.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #986
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I already know my scans will end up being of no value at this point. What I am questioning is why we would choose the path that will get us two villagers killed today (regardless of those villagers' roles) and still leave us with a wolf question to resolve, when we can choose to go the less "villager-costly" route and resolve the only question left to us with respect to allegiance?

because either way we're going to net-out the same. might as well get rid of what we suspect is the brutal while we have more villagers to absorb it
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #987
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Sure. I am quite positive that, yes, someone is loki.

First someone is loco and now someone is loki? You need to get your story straight and stop backtracking!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #988
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i think danny's just having fun...i hope.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #989
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
First someone is loco and now someone is loki? You need to get your story straight and stop backtracking!

I was just hinting the first time. My story is as straight as this labyrinth.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #990
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
because either way we're going to net-out the same. might as well get rid of what we suspect is the brutal while we have more villagers to absorb it

In seriousness, I think I actually agree with this. If we wait on the brutal it is more likely he takes out someone close to the center. Once I get bored with my playing around my vote will probably be on Jag, though I am ok with nfg as well.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #991
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

DT has convinced me...

VOTE JAG
Old 06-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #992
Danny
Head Coach

We need more cool items in games like there were in Abe's dungeon game. If I run a game again at some point I may go with a basic WW game with lots of unique and interesting items that be acquired and used.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #993
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't know why we would want to kill villagers sooner. Who knws what tricks are in this labyrinth? The person that the brutal takes tonight might be a move away from some teleport straight to the center.

Think of villager-days as a unit, being every day a villager is alive is a villager-day unit to benefit the village. By killing the brutal today, you're essentially saying we should go with X villager-day units instead of X villager-day units +1.

It doesn't make a big difference, sure. How likely is that one day to produce something tangible for the village? Not likely. But why pick the option that removes any value from it right away? At least if we go the other route (nfg/Tyrith), a question is being answered and we might also get something of value from that villager who will eventually be killed by the brutal.

We kill the brutal today, we don't get anything more of value from that villager, and the nfg/Trytih thing will still need another day to figure out.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #994
The Jackal
Coordinator

Danny found the room of death!

Danny was a Telepath!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #995
Danny
Head Coach

HAHAHA
Old 06-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #996
Danny
Head Coach

Good luck guys
Old 06-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #997
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

congrats Danny. Epic achievement.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #998
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol wait is that real? or a joke?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #999
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
lol wait is that real? or a joke?

He's listed as dead on page 1.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #1000
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

OK...serious? NO!!!!!!!! We cant kill JAG till we kill the other wolf. We cant lose another villager now.

UNVOTE JAG
VOTE TYRITH