Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #951
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
If we were going to check Dubb's story as Duke, I think it'd be best we go after Danny (since he currently doesn't have a believed role). He's the one who pushed for the tie vote thing. If Dubb is a wolf, then Danny probably is as well.

Clearing Danny odesn't clear dubb's scans. Only clearing dubb clears dubb's scans.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #952
Schmidty
Coordinator

Believe saldana as Brutal
Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #953
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I also see no reason not to scan Dubb.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #954
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I believe Telle is tied with the fewest posts of any living player with USFL. She has struck me as very UTR so far.

Yeah I know I've been pretty quiet this game. I was home sick yesterday so I wasn't in the thread much. And the mechanics of this game confuse me a bit so I've just been kinda hanging back.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #955
saldana
Pro Starter

i think the rules changed regarding the believed brutal wolf at some point...BK, can you confirm...it didnt say i had to be lynched in order to get a random kill before...

that said, if what i can do to serve the village is become the brutal wolf and then get lynched to take a real wolf with me, so be it...i have always said that i consider myself part of the win if i make a serious contribution to the village, even if i dont survive to the end...i am ok with being a 1:1

but, since i dont actually WANT to die.

i am the vengeful wolf.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #956
saldana
Pro Starter

believe saldana as the vengeful wolf
Old 05-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #957
Telle
College Starter

Disbelieve saldana as brutal wolf.
Believe saldana as vengeful wolf.

I like this idea better.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #958
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I also see no reason not to scan Dubb.

And to be honest neither do I. I think PB should scan me tonight that way we can put to rest all the doubt.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #959
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
And to be honest neither do I. I think PB should scan me tonight that way we can put to rest all the doubt.

Unless he's the false seer. It would probably best to have both him and our unknown seer scan you.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #960
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Unless he's the false seer. It would probably best to have both him and our unknown seer scan you.

I don't care who scans me, I am the duke and the believed seer. I will show up villager unless the false seer gets a bs result.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #961
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The issue with vengeful is that the vengeful wolf will still be able to kill you.

Maybe we go maniac and give him shot at making a kill tonight or we go with an unknown? I guess we could just go duke if we really wanted to.

I'm really confused about what role to believe Saldana for now that I re-read the brutal role discription.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #962
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think giving him the maniac role has the biggest chance to change the game for better or worse. We have to make something happen.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #963
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Tough Wolf
Starting: Normal wolf powers, except if performing the night attack the bodyguard will never learn if a block is successful.
If Believed: The first time the Tough Wolf is lynched or killed the Tough Wolf will survive. If lynched or killed a second time, the Tough Wolf will die.

I think that might be the one.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #964
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i think the rules changed regarding the believed brutal wolf at some point...BK, can you confirm...it didnt say i had to be lynched in order to get a random kill before...

that said, if what i can do to serve the village is become the brutal wolf and then get lynched to take a real wolf with me, so be it...i have always said that i consider myself part of the win if i make a serious contribution to the village, even if i dont survive to the end...i am ok with being a 1:1

but, since i dont actually WANT to die.

i am the vengeful wolf.
I did clarify the rules saying that the brutal has to be lynched for the power to be in effect.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #965
saldana
Pro Starter

lol...i am going to start getting drunk in about 3 hours so can someone just let me know what i am supposed to be

i am the tough wolf
i am the maniac
Old 05-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #966
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Believe Saldana as tough wolf
Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #967
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm at work and some asshole is using up all the bandwith downloading movies off of some p2p tracker. It is taking around 2 minutes to load the page everytime I hit refresh or click anywhere. I will be offline until he leaves for the night or decides to pack up his laptop.

If it is any indication I typed this up and replied as soon as the page got done loading from my Saldana believe post.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #968
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I don't see how believing Saldana as the vengeful wolf helps the villlage at all unless he's an important villager role.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #969
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I don't see how believing Saldana as the vengeful wolf helps the villlage at all unless he's an important villager role.

Because it means we have a permanent member of the CoT.. someone who won't be night killed.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #970
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
it keeps me from being night killed....being the brutal only saves me from being lynched, so unless you want to lynch me right away, becoming the brutal doenst necessarily help me

i think it is a question of do we want to keep me alive or use me as a weapon...we can always disbelieve me if we need to give the protection to someone else

also, what other "important villager role" are you looking for? we already have the duke and the seer, and we dont want the bodyguard to come out.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #971
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
it keeps me from being night killed....being the brutal only saves me from being lynched, so unless you want to lynch me right away, becoming the brutal doenst necessarily help me

i think it is a question of do we want to keep me alive or use me as a weapon...we can always disbelieve me if we need to give the protection to someone else

also, what other "important villager role" are you looking for? we already have the duke and the seer, and we dont want the bodyguard to come out.

Basically, the only one role would be seer (if both a fake and real one exist).
Old 05-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #972
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:

We cannot disbelieve a role. Once the role is believed, it's yours until you die or the actual player with the role dies.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #973
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote tyrith

don't have a whole lot to go on but voting record and I think we need to get some votes out there. Plus he has been very quite today which is a change from the past few days.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #974
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Disbelieve Saldana as Brutal Wolf
Believe Saldana as Vengeful Wolf

I have to say too that I like that idea better than sacrificing Saldana right away.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #975
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I honestly have a plan and as crazy as it may sound I think it could work. I've been thinking about it and I think we save the can't be night killed roles for the other seer when he reveals.

I say we make tonight a bloody weekend. We believe Saldana as maniac, coordinate seer scans and give Saldana AND the real maniac BOTH a list of players to choose from that are uncleared to take a stab at tonight(pun intended).

If nothing else it gives us for all purposes two extra seer scans tonight, the only down side is those two extra scans come with dead bodies, but regardless we would get a whole hell of a lot of information, especially with two maniac kills coming from confirmed villagers.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #976
hoopsguy
General Manager

Seer has already been claimed (Dubb) and false seer cannot be claimed (by rule).

I agree that Tough Wolf and Maniac are the game changers. I'm thinking of splitting my believe votes between Saldana and Tyrith for these roles, since I trust PB just a bit more than Dubb at this point in the game and I'm not opposed to seeing what kind of movement may develop in a race between those two.

For now,
UNBELIEVE SALDANA AS BRUTAL WOLF
BELIEVE SALDANA AS TOUGH WOLF
BELIEVE TYRITH AS MANIAC
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #977
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, bold. I sorta like it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #978
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm willing to flip my choices for Saldana/Tyrith to get one of them believed.

Forgot to go blue earlier, so here is the re-post:
UNBELIEVE SALDANA AS BRUTAL WOLF
BELIEVE SALDANA AS TOUGH WOLF
BELIEVE TYRITH AS MANIAC
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #979
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, all caught up. I'm not sure I like the switch to Tough Wolf instead of Brutal Wolf. Does the brutal wolf power only work when lynched or when a player is night killed?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #980
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Disbelieve Saldana as Brutal wolf
Believe Saldana as maniac

As an fyi Hoops you need to blue all that.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #981
Danny
Head Coach

I am believing Saldana only as I trust Dubb's scans more than PB (50% chance)
Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #982
Danny
Head Coach

I think my question is pretty important, does the brutal ability work if night killed?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #983
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Ok, all caught up. I'm not sure I like the switch to Tough Wolf instead of Brutal Wolf. Does the brutal wolf power only work when lynched or when a player is night killed?

It only works on a lynch.. so we'd have to actively sacrifice saldana if we made him the brutal. This is why we're looking at other options.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #984
Danny
Head Coach

Ok
Old 05-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #985
saldana
Pro Starter

geez, so many choices, so few wolves to kill

unbeleive saldana as vengeful wolf
beleive saldana as tough wolf
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #986
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I am confused. What roles have people claimed today?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #987
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Mainly, has Saldana claimed any roles besides the brutal and vengeful wolf?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #988
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I need to get a vote in since I am tired of fighting this stupid freakin internet that is having all of its bandwith hogged. I will most likely be back around again later but there is always a chance I may not be back since I am at work all night.

Vote Danny

I am placing this vote due to his deadline crazyness he has pulled both days. I may change it if I get back on and the voting has shifted a different direction.

I would also like to say once more I think electing Saldana as maniac is the way to go today. I think two seer scans and two maniac kills tonight will basically give us all the information we need to nail the wolves going forward.

Best case scenerio we lynch a wolf today and hit two with the maniac kills. Worst case we have cleared 4 villagers, albeit two with dead bodies.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #989
Danny
Head Coach

I think they decided to go with Saldana as the vengeful wolf or tough wolf.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #990
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mainly, has Saldana claimed any roles besides the brutal and vengeful wolf?

Yes, he also has claimed duke, maniac and tough wolf.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #991
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think they decided to go with Saldana as the vengeful wolf or tough wolf.

No, I really think maniac is the way to go here with Saldana. Read my prior posts on the subject.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #992
Danny
Head Coach

Vengeful Wolf
Starting: If doing the nightly kill, will kill an unbelieved bodyguard, will be able to avoid a believed bodyguard's block, and be able to kill a Believed Vengeful Wolf.
If Believed: The first time a player on the opposite team attempts to kill them, including by duking, that player will die instead. May still be lynched normally.

Tough Wolf
Starting: Normal wolf powers, except if performing the night attack the bodyguard will never learn if a block is successful.
If Believed: The first time the Tough Wolf is lynched or killed the Tough Wolf will survive. If lynched or killed a second time, the Tough Wolf will die.

I say we go with a tough wolf. According to this, if we believe Saldana as the vengeful wolf, the real vengeful wolf can still kill him. There doesn't look to be a way around the believed tough wolf for the wolves
Old 05-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #993
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I need to get a vote in since I am tired of fighting this stupid freakin internet that is having all of its bandwith hogged. I will most likely be back around again later but there is always a chance I may not be back since I am at work all night.

Vote Danny

I am placing this vote due to his deadline crazyness he has pulled both days. I may change it if I get back on and the voting has shifted a different direction.

I would also like to say once more I think electing Saldana as maniac is the way to go today. I think two seer scans and two maniac kills tonight will basically give us all the information we need to nail the wolves going forward.

Best case scenerio we lynch a wolf today and hit two with the maniac kills. Worst case we have cleared 4 villagers, albeit two with dead bodies.

Of course all of this assume a maniac is in the game, but I think that is another discussion I don't really have the time to discuss at the moment.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #994
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Vote Danny

I really don't want us to make another bad lynch. I am the maniac. And I am posting this with plenty of time for everyone to see and possibly counter reveal.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #995
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, he also has claimed duke, maniac and tough wolf.

Alright then,

Believe Saldana as maniac

My 2nd preference.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #996
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Vote Danny
I think two seer scans and two maniac kills tonight will basically give us all the information we need to nail the wolves going forward.
hit two with the maniac kills.

I can only kill a believed player which means you or PB, I am not killing either at this point
Old 05-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #997
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I can only kill a believed player which means you or PB, I am not killing either at this point

Good point. What do you think of making saldana a maniac then?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #998
Danny
Head Coach

Other than him stealing the ability that is rightfully mine , I am fine with it.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #999
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Speaking on behalf of, well, myself, I would like to say that I appreciate this.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #1000
Danny
Head Coach

Now that it's out there, the reason I asked about Brutal Wolf working if night killed is I was planning on using my ability to night kill Saldana if he was the believed brutal wolf (sorry saldana)