Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #1151
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Should I test to see if Dubb is really the Duke or not? I will go with what Hoops says.

Sure, why wouldn't you in your spot?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #1152
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote Lathum
Vote Larriuqs
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #1153
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Don't think Larriuqs is a bad guy, just testing Dubbs.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #1154
hoopsguy
General Manager

UNVOTE LERRIUQS
VOTE RACER
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #1155
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think Larriuqs is a bad guy either at this point - I think he would have been here for the deadline if he was or he would have gotten some backing.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #1156
Tyrith
College Starter

Is that vote going to be good in this game?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #1157
Danny
Head Coach

You're late hoops
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #1158
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Looks like Hoops vote was after the deadline so we'll find out if Dubb is telling the truth or not.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #1159
Danny
Head Coach

He's late, that's the same time I did the switch on day 1 and it did not count. I'm awfully curious why Hoops did not want us to see whether or Dubb was really the duke.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #1160
Racer
College Benchwarmer

If Dubbs is who he says he is I'm still gone.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #1161
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops may have been trying to frame Dubb, but I don't see how Hoopsguy is not a wolf now.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #1162
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, it had nothing to do with Dubb - it had everything to do with Lerri not being here to defend himself when he was on the line and seeing no movement behind him.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #1163
Danny
Head Coach

But assuming Dubb is who he says he is (which is more likely than not) Racer is still the lynch. If you're vote went through we still do not know
Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #1164
Tyrith
College Starter

I just don't know if I buy that logic at the end of the day, hoops. It seems like you're projecting what you would do (forcing your presence here, whatever it takes) versus what someone else would do. Unless there is some prior pattern of behavior I am not aware of.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #1165
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, does you opinion of my move change if Racer is a wolf and Dubb is validated as duke?

I accept that if Dubb is not the duke then I'm heading for a lynching tomorrow, barring a non-Dubb seer scan.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #1166
Racer
College Benchwarmer

By the way, if I am the lynch vote, I would very closely at Chief Rum's posts. He began hinting at voting for me yesterday and throughout this morning. He may have not been the first person to actually cast a vote, but I think his intention was definitely to take me out today.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #1167
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Danny, does you opinion of my move change if Racer is a wolf and Dubb is validated as duke?

I accept that if Dubb is not the duke then I'm heading for a lynching tomorrow, barring a non-Dubb seer scan.

I'll look at it at that point. For now I will wait to see the result before commenting more.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #1168
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, since it doesn't look like BK is going to have results in the terribly near future ...

Earlier in the day I had the vote on Lerri because it was the best self-defense vote I could make. I wanted to have the option to protect myself with a move to Racer later in the day if I was stuck and I couldn't do that if I voted on Racer right away. I could have gotten stuck with late switches or been at the mercy of a tie. Obviously you can argue that a wolf doesn't want that, but neither does someone who knows they are a villager and isn't trusted in the game.

So, at the end when Racer was looking to validate Dubb I was looking to validate myself. As I noted earlier, it didn't make sense to me that Lerri would be a wolf, be away at the deadline, and not have people creating some separation for him to get sniped at the end.

Which is, more or less, what Racer ended up doing. Now, the snipe doesn't do jack if Dubb is the duke - there would have needed to be a second mover with him. But Racer already said that he was a vanilla villager and I'm guessing those are in increasingly short supply at the moment. He then moved to snipe another person who I suspect is a villager.

I'm sure the safer move would have been to leave it in the hands of the duke. I'm absolutely sure that the worst thing I could do is get a vote in one minute after the deadline and be wrong. But I didn't play it safe. I played it a little bit selfishly and we'll see what that brings post-deadline.

I'm honestly not sure what result I'm hoping for at the moment. If Dubb is the duke then I don't know how much this matters, no matter what side Racer is on. If Dubb is not the Duke then we have a very interesting night phase coming up. If we've got a wolf on the vote, no matter which way it goes, then I hope I've bought myself a scan to make Day 4 a little easier.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #1169
Danny
Head Coach

I don't know waht racer will turn up, but it's unfair to say he sniped when it was a self defense vote on Lerriuqs. You seem to be stretching things Hoops
Old 05-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #1170
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, I've made two attempts to explain my thought process near the end. At this point I agree with your earlier statement to see what happens before getting into any more arguments about how authentic (or not) my explanations may be.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #1171
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I didn't show up until about 20 minutes before the deadline because I was at my sister's high school graduation.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #1172
Danny
Head Coach

Hopefully we get the results, so our seers can make a good decision on who to scan. I would say do not scan Dubb as we will know his allegiance from the lynch.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #1173
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Where the crap is barkeep?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #1174
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Well regardless of whatever happens, I screwed up in the sense that I was flaky about forcing a tie (to test dubb93 allegiance) when I'm a villager.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #1175
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Interesting deadline. It's been fun Racer no matter which of us goes.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #1176
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Zombies got him. Very sad.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #1177
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Zombies got him. Very sad.

I sincerely hope the wolves didn't take out the GM with a day action.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #1178
hoopsguy
General Manager

Z.O.M.B.I.E.S. to you, mister.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #1179
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Interesting deadline. It's been fun Racer no matter which of us goes.

Yup. Until I got back here after being gone for four hours and seeing I had 5 votes on my me.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #1180
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Somewhere in this thread he said it would be a late update tonight.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #1181
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Just to add - I believe we were villager-villager in the runoff today. If I survive I'd like to clear my own name but that won't find us a wolf. So I suggest the seers do not scan me during the night.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #1182
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #1183
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Do we know when the night deadline is?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #1184
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
10 PM deadline tonight though it's looking increasingly like I will be late with the results.
Night Deadline is Noon tomorrow
Conditional Orders are accepted

Day 4 ends 10 PM Monday.

NM, got it. Reposted.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #1185
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Villager night orders:

BG-protect dubb

I self-protect

Dubb and I scan from our lists

'Other' starting seer- scan Saldana to verify your scans (see if you are real or fake seer as we KNOW Saldana is good based on dubbs' scan)

Saldana, whatever role you won, use it if it is maniac on one of the uncleared players seemed to be the popular theory.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #1186
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Do we know when the night deadline is?

Noon tomorrow, I believe.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #1187
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Villager night orders:

BG-protect dubb

I self-protect

Dubb and I scan from our lists

'Other' starting seer- scan Saldana to verify your scans (see if you are real or fake seer as we KNOW Saldana is good based on dubbs' scan)

Saldana, whatever role you won, use it if it is maniac on one of the uncleared players seemed to be the popular theory.

Yes, Saldana please use your maniac kill ASAP.

Also to add, in the unlikely event Dubb is not the Duke, I would like a protect from the original BG if possible
Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #1188
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

hope this stuff is low fat...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #1189
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Racer I can say with 100% certainty that your deadline switch proves to me you are not a wolf. I don't think a wolf would put me in a position to validate my duke role. However I think you guys are VERY confused on how the duke role works. Whoever thought the vote being placed was the tiebreaker is absolutely insane.

It works like any other tiebreaker I have ever seen. I PM my choice to the GM to break the tie. If anyone actually expects me to break this tie and lynch Racer after what he did at the deadline today they are absolutely insane. My vote will stand on Racer however the tie will not lynch him. I don't care how this makes me look, I just do not believe a wolf would make the call here that Racer did.

Danny, I would prefer you wait to pass judgement on how this is going to look until after I am scanned. I am asking PB to please scan me tonight. Assuming the Hoops vote goes through this is all a wash.

I will say that based on tonights actions I have no doubt in my mind at all that Hoops is a wolf. There is no other reason Hoops makes the play he does here. Bottom line Hoops was going by the same failed logic as the rest of you in assuming that the tie break was the vote and by making the move he did I think he was trying to keep me from once again proving I am the duke.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #1190
Danny
Head Coach

Dubb, why did you not make that clarification on how it works earlier? We have been going off the assumption that the tiebreak was where your vote was placed. You correct this now when it is going to look like you were lying?

I have almost 100% believed you to be the duke all game, but as it now look Lerriuqs is going to be the lynch I have a decision to make regarding to use my ability or not now.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #1191
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Dubb, why did you not make that clarification on how it works earlier? We have been going off the assumption that the tiebreak was where your vote was placed. You correct this now when it is going to look like you were lying?

I have almost 100% believed you to be the duke all game, but as it now look Lerriuqs is going to be the lynch I have a decision to make regarding to use my ability or not now.

I didn't correct anyone for the very reason we are seeing play out here. Bottom line if I correct everyone earlier in the game we don't catch hoops here.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #1192
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Danny, can you honestly say if you were the duke and you were the only one who knew the tie break you would come right out and spell it out for both the villagers but also the wolves too?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #1193
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Sometimes keeping parts of your role hidden until you absolutely have to reveal every bit is the best play.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #1194
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So if my count is correct, and this is after having my internet seriously fucked with so I'm scrambling here, we have a tie with saldana being believed as maniac? Is that correct?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #1195
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So if my count is correct, and this is after having my internet seriously fucked with so I'm scrambling here, we have a tie with saldana being believed as maniac? Is that correct?

Correct and my duke order is in your PMs fyi.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #1196
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm of the same mind that Dubb's explanation is pretty convenient.

As much as I would like to be scanned - because if Lerri is not a wolf I'm probably going to need it to escape a lynching on Monday - I would ask that you scan Dubb instead. He can do a hell of a lot more damage as a wolf with the seer power in his hands than anything you might think I can do as a non-believed villager/wolf.

Since we have multiple seers, I would ask for one to scan each of us but I'm not sure I trust Dubb's outcome from scanning me. Especially after he said he was going to scan me last night and then did not.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #1197
Danny
Head Coach

I don't know, but there would be that temptation knowing it could get me killed otherwise. It's not cut and dry. Still, if my use my ability there is the chance (now) I catch a wolf and I would be able to clear myself.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #1198
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm of the same mind that Dubb's explanation is pretty convenient.

From the guy who tried to break the tie and keep me from breaking it? Are you fucking serious?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #1199
Danny
Head Coach

I want to see what Lerriuqs turns up as before saying anything further
Old 05-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #1200
Danny
Head Coach

BK may not be able to answer, but if you can, if there is a duke do they get to break the tie with a PM or however they vote?