Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #1201
Danny
Head Coach

So what time is tomorrow's night deadline?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #1202
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

noon
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #1203
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
From the guy who tried to break the tie and keep me from breaking it? Are you fucking serious?

100% serious, since you seem to be changing the rules on the duke right now. Of course, since you have the only role that could catch the cunning wolf even a scan would not absolutely clear you, but it would be enough to get me to stop barking up this tree all weekend.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #1204
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
100% serious, since you seem to be changing the rules on the duke right now. Of course, since you have the only role that could catch the cunning wolf even a scan would not absolutely clear you, but it would be enough to get me to stop barking up this tree all weekend.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Dubb being scanned. If I choose to use my ability it would waste the scan and I'm not going to make the decision of my night kill or not based upon the possibility he is scanned.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 AM   #1205
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm not sure I like the idea of Dubb being scanned. If I choose to use my ability it would waste the scan and I'm not going to make the decision of my night kill or not based upon the possibility he is scanned.

so wait?

you are considering killing Dubb?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #1206
hoopsguy
General Manager

Whatever works, but I think Day 4 is going to be messy if we don't have some sort of closure on him. Maniac, scan - I'm kind of indifferent since Dubb is only the believed seer and we can vote a new one in if needed.

We would lose a scan from N3, but if Dubb isn't scanned are we going to believe it anyway?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #1207
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

But that could mean that you decide not to kill him and nobody scans him and we're left tomorrow not knowing what the hell to think. I think I'd like a scan on him and then you decide whether or not to make your kill tonight. You can always kill him tomorrow night if the scan is bad or if you want to roll the dice on him being the cunning.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #1208
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Today is a long long day at the conference. There is some sort of internet malfunction messing up the conference organizers, making things run late, and generally inconveniencing everyone. In the end after much discussion it is yet another loyal V.I.L.L.A.G.E.R., lerriuqs, who the crowd feels, in some narrow sort of way, deserves to be sent home.

Meanwhile you decide that saldana is one wild and crazy guy and should be considered the conference maniac.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #1209
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Whatever works, but I think Day 4 is going to be messy if we don't have some sort of closure on him. Maniac, scan - I'm kind of indifferent since Dubb is only the believed seer and we can vote a new one in if needed.

We would lose a scan from N3, but if Dubb isn't scanned are we going to believe it anyway?

Ok...so first you try to break the tie but are too late and now you are encouraging Danny to kill me? Are you serious? Saldana here is your nightkill tonight.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #1210
Danny
Head Coach

I think it's now or never for my kill. If he is bad, I'm not sure I live another two nights.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #1211
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cunning or the cultist, if we had a block instead of a conversion on N2.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #1212
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think it's now or never for my kill. If he is bad, I'm not sure I live another two nights.

How many BG's do we have?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #1213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Ok...so first you try to break the tie but are too late and now you are encouraging Danny to kill me? Are you serious? Saldana here is your nightkill tonight.

No, Danny is the one who is considering killing you. I'm just saying that I don't want to play D4 trying to guess what you are and if he is calling off a seer scan that he should follow through rather than having you alive and unscanned.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #1214
Danny
Head Coach

Dubb is not the cultist I am sure.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #1215
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yeah, I agree. If you screw up and he's actually the Duke, then hopefully it's in Barkeep's write-up that you killed him (meaning you're the maniac). That way you could replace him as seer tomorrow.

I think Saldana should also take out Hoops.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #1216
Danny
Head Coach

He would only have possibly known there was no duke in the game if he was a starting wolf.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #1217
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Well I'm back to bed. Hopefully, we caught two wolves tonight (hoops and Dubb).
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #1218
hoopsguy
General Manager

I made a play today and I don't know if it was good or bad, but suspect it was neutral and that we had two villagers on the line.

You (Dubb) made a play earlier with the Duke role in some way/shape/form by not being clear on how it worked. And that is the most generous conclusion that we can draw. Which was definitely bad if you are a villager because you have gone from trusted to distrusted.

Danny is considering making a play here tonight, just like you and I have up until now. I don't know how it will turn out, but can you really suggest that he would be out of line to make it?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #1219
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep tell them that the tie break isn't my vote but my PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #1220
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Danny is considering making a play here tonight, just like you and I have up until now. I don't know how it will turn out, but can you really suggest that he would be out of line to make it?

Anyone who believes anything you are saying right now and are planning to act on what you are saying is completely out of line.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #1221
Danny
Head Coach

If I kill Dubb instead of scanning him we don't actually lose any scans. The starting seer gets in a scan that makes up for the one lost from Dubb. Then as Racer said, I would certainly hope it would say I was the one that killed him and I could replace him.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #1222
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If I kill Dubb instead of scanning him we don't actually lose any scans. The starting seer gets in a scan that makes up for the one lost from Dubb. Then as Racer said, I would certainly hope it would say I was the one that killed him and I could replace him.

Of course then we are going under the assumption that the starting seer is actually PB. I think both players who think they are the seer should scan me tonight that way even if PB shows me villager the other is able to reveal if he shows me wolf.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #1223
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, I would ask that you do not kill either Dubb or PB tonight so we can avoid any potential confusion on where Danny might go with his play if he pulls the trigger tonight.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #1224
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Anyone who believes anything you are saying right now and are planning to act on what you are saying is completely out of line.

I said to scan you, right up until Danny said he was giving hard thought to snuffing you. I just want to make sure that you aren't alive on D4 and unproven.

But why don't you put in a scan for me tonight in the event that you are going to be alive on D4 so we can potentially put this bickering behind us? If you are alive and PB vouches for you then I'll won't say "boo" about you the rest of this game. And we'll have a pretty mammoth COT to work with over the weekend.

Because if you are alive and don't scan me, then I'm probably getting lynched on Monday and we are hurting if Saldana doesn't land us a wolf with his NK.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #1225
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, if the conversation is done for the evening I need to get some sleep. Talk to you guys tomorrow, assuming that Saldana doesn't come gunning for me. I'm pretty confident that the wolves aren't gunning for me tonight after the deadline fiasco.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #1226
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think you have anything to worry about from the wolves Hoops. Saldana on the other hand is a completely different story.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:59 AM   #1227
Danny
Head Coach

I'm off to bed in a few, don't think I'll be on before deadline in the morning. Hoping for the best, If I turn out to be wrong I apologize.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #1228
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(eerie voice frmo beyond the grave)
Go village!?!
(/eerie voice from beyond the grave)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #1229
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just woke up to realize my PM box was full. Plenty of room now.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #1230
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So BK, what happened to your internet?

I envision it something like what happens here from time to time. We have a relative (wife's, of course) that comes over and screws with things because he's sure he can set it up more efficiently, quicker, etc. and he'll leave and nothing will work. Then I get to spend a day trying to undo everything he did on the computer. He's taken down the wireless twice. He is no longer invited to anything here anymore.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #1231
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

I envision it something like what happens here from time to time. We have a relative (wife's, of course) that comes over and screws with things because he's sure he can set it up more efficiently, quicker, etc. and he'll leave and nothing will work. Then I get to spend a day trying to undo everything he did on the computer. He's taken down the wireless twice. He is no longer invited to anything here anymore.

Jesus.

If any of my relatives came into my house and started fucking with shit it would be on like donkey kong.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #1232
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

The hosting provider was changed, without my knowledge, and the installation guys changed the settings so my router wouldn't work, but I didn't get new settings so I could still connect. All has been made good now however.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 05-30-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #1233
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Jesus.

If any of my relatives came into my house and started fucking with shit it would be on like donkey kong.

Yeah, needless to say it was good times at Easter when we invited everyone BUT this person. I took a lot of shit but, seriously, come on. After the first time, I told him not to touch shit. The second time, I ran out to pick up a bunch of steaks we had ordered and came back to find that nothing worked and he was the wonderful cause. GRRRR, I would like to vote him in RL.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #1234
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In the morning it is discovered that TWO people have left the convention. One, Chief Rum was clearly intimidated by the W.O.L.V.E.S. while the other ntndeacon seems to have been cursed out by someone else.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #1235
Danny
Head Coach

What was NTN?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #1236
Tyrith
College Starter

Both villagers?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #1237
Danny
Head Coach

Saldana, I'm assuming you took out NTN?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #1238
Danny
Head Coach

I hope NTN wasn't Dubb's scan.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #1239
hoopsguy
General Manager

Please tell me that someone scanned Dubb.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #1240
Danny
Head Coach

I'd still like to know if NTN was a wolf or villager.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #1241
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, we now have 11 players left. Best case, assuming nobody above was a wolf, is that we're 7-4, worst case 6-5. We MUST get a wolf today, so if you have any information or anything to go on, now is the time to spill it.

I scanned Danny...villager. I'm hoping dubb had better luck.

Right now, the COT I have going (and I know everyone's will vary some): Tyrith, Danny, Saldana, dubb and me.

Those scans all came after the no kill night as well so none of them have been converted. That being said, we're left with:

Schmidty, Hoops, Telle, Lathum, Racer, USFL

WORST CASE:
There are four or five wolves (even if dubb is one and saldana is another, say a fake scan via dubb), we have two or three left among those six players.

BEST CASE:
We have 4 or 5 wolves in those 6.

I will NOT be believing anyone for a role today unless it absolutely makes 100% sense in my mind.

My vote will definitely go on to one of those six, most likely one of three of them.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #1242
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'd like to know both that and if Chief had a role - post #1 doesn't really help with answering either question.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #1243
Danny
Head Coach

I never planned to use my ability on Dubb last night. I'm hoping the fact that I am still alive means the wolves were content to let me take out Dubb. Hopefully if he is good (which I still believe is likely) it means he got another scan in.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #1244
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So under my worst case scenario, we have a 33% shot of getting a wolf in those six up to a best case of 83% chance.

I will definitely roll with those odds before I take a shot at dubb.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #1245
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

WAIT, Danny, you can take out a believed player, right?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #1246
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

What if we pick one of those six as a vanilla wolf and have danny knock them out.

We then vote out another one of those.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #1247
Danny
Head Coach

PB, you've now scanned CR who looks to be good and scanned me who turned out good. I feel decent about Tyrith as well, so I think it's likely you are the real seer.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #1248
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, I'm assuming you took out NTN?

i did, and here is why...i have played with NTN before and had him pull what is arguably the best UTR wolf game i have ever seen...in this game, i actually had almost forgotten he is playing, so i checked his post numbers...he had 24 posts in the entire thread...USFL has less, but i dont know enough about him to PK him, but NTN was really nagging at me so I played my hunch

what about you? you dont appear to have done anything.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #1249
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
What if we pick one of those six as a vanilla wolf and have danny knock them out.

We then vote out another one of those.

That could definitely work actually
Old 05-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #1250
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So let us see who is NOT willing to step up and say that they are a vanilla wolf because my vote will DEFINITELY go on them.