Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #1251
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Okay, we now have 11 players left. Best case, assuming nobody above was a wolf, is that we're 7-4, worst case 6-5. We MUST get a wolf today, so if you have any information or anything to go on, now is the time to spill it.

I scanned Danny...villager. I'm hoping dubb had better luck.

Right now, the COT I have going (and I know everyone's will vary some): Tyrith, Danny, Saldana, dubb and me.

Those scans all came after the no kill night as well so none of them have been converted. That being said, we're left with:

Schmidty, Hoops, Telle, Lathum, Racer, USFL

WORST CASE:
There are four or five wolves (even if dubb is one and saldana is another, say a fake scan via dubb), we have two or three left among those six players.

BEST CASE:
We have 4 or 5 wolves in those 6.

I will NOT be believing anyone for a role today unless it absolutely makes 100% sense in my mind.

My vote will definitely go on to one of those six, most likely one of three of them.

If Dubb is clean then I think Racer is probably a wolf with his move last night. They didn't know for sure if Dubb was the duke, but they did know they didn't want to lose one of their own.

If Dubb is dirty then I'm as positive as I can be, minus role info, that Racer is good because they would not want to put him in trouble near the deadline.

I'm really hoping we have the answer to that question because it would help with going back to look at some earlier votes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #1252
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i did, and here is why...i have played with NTN before and had him pull what is arguably the best UTR wolf game i have ever seen...in this game, i actually had almost forgotten he is playing, so i checked his post numbers...he had 24 posts in the entire thread...USFL has less, but i dont know enough about him to PK him, but NTN was really nagging at me so I played my hunch

what about you? you dont appear to have done anything.

I never intended do, my goal was to keep both Dubb and I alive another night.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #1253
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

SO, Hoops, Lathum, Telle, Schmidty, USFL, and Racer

Are you willing to say that you are a vanilla wolf?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #1254
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

This should be fun to watch.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #1255
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
So let us see who is NOT willing to step up and say that they are a vanilla wolf because my vote will DEFINITELY go on them.

The only issue with that is if we end up on villager with that the wolves won't care, but if we end up believing a wolf, the wolves might try and take me out. I'll need protection
Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #1256
Danny
Head Coach

I'd still like to know what NTN was.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #1257
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, I'll put it out there if people want to vote me into the role. Believe away.

I'M THE VANILLA WOLF
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #1258
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops, Lathum, Telle, Schmidty, USFL, and Racer

I'm willing to bet Telle is a wolf, I think there's a good chance Hoops is a wolf too. USFL I don't think is. Schmidty and Racer I don't know.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #1259
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
The only issue with that is if we end up on villager with that the wolves won't care, but if we end up believing a wolf, the wolves might try and take me out. I'll need protection

I'll be curious to see how the orders are processed. I would assume that yours would go first. In fact, as a placeholder, submit an order to kill the believed vanilla wolf if BK will accept it in case he does it based on time.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #1260
Danny
Head Coach

I have to believe if Dubb was bad, the wolves would have killed me in the night phase.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #1261
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'll be curious to see how the orders are processed. I would assume that yours would go first. In fact, as a placeholder, submit an order to kill the believed vanilla wolf if BK will accept it in case he does it based on time.

I did this
Old 05-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #1262
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Danny, Tyrith, Saldana, Dubb, and I (and possibly whoever dubb scanned), we need to coordinate our believe here and our vote here. If we split, the wolves can manipulate it (I believe) so as the weekend goes, make a list for yourself ranking 1-6 the most likely wolf of that group (1 being MOST likely) and we'll compare notes, probably tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #1263
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I did this

Thanks Danny, sorry if it sounded like I was ordering you around, wasn't my intent.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #1264
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, thanks for stepping up first.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #1265
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Two things I'm dying to know about...

ntn

dubb's scan
Old 05-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #1266
Danny
Head Coach

I think it may be time for the other seer to step up and reveal. At this point I think it is unlikely PB is the false seer and that could potentially help focus our suspect list.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #1267
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, Lathum, Telle, Schmidty, USFL, and Racer

I'm willing to bet Telle is a wolf, I think there's a good chance Hoops is a wolf too. USFL I don't think is. Schmidty and Racer I don't know.

You missed Lathum in that analysis.

Why don't you think USFL in that list?

If I was ranking those names I would go, most to least likely wolves:
Telle
USFL
Lathum
Schmidty
Racer (without Dubb being scanned I don't know where to put him)

With no real confidence in any of them as villagers, but I've got a better internal argument for Racer than anyone else. Of course, that assumes Dubb as a wolf.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #1268
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Why would we vote someone Vanilla Wolf? How does chatting with the cultist help anyone?

Anyways, based on his late switch last night, I think this is a no brainer honestly.

Vote Hoopsguy
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #1269
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Why would we vote someone Vanilla Wolf? How does chatting with the cultist help anyone?

Anyways, based on his late switch last night, I think this is a no brainer honestly.

Vote Hoopsguy

Because then they become believed and I can kill them in the night. It allows us to pick out our two best suspects and kill one with lynch and one with my ability.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #1270
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Because then they become believed and I can kill them in the night. It allows us to pick out our two best suspects and kill one with lynch and one with my ability.

PERFECT explanation Danny.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #1271
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, thanks for stepping up first.

Honestly, I don't see it as that big of a deal. It is probably something that is equally likely to be villager/wolf play. But I'll defer to the folks on the trust list in terms of planning to some extent since anything I suggest is going to be viewed very critically, barring a Dubb scan calling me a villager.

Here is why I think that the wolves would be willing to go along with this plan. If the wolves are 6-5 they are going to be looking for reasons to avoid being the lynch today. This may be true at 7-4 as well, but at 6-5 it is a game ender. It would be silly to take out the vanilla wolf during the day if the plan is for Danny to knee-cap him at night.

So if a wolf is volunteering in this spot then they are potentially increasing the likelihood of us lynching a villager today.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #1272
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Honestly, I don't see it as that big of a deal. It is probably something that is equally likely to be villager/wolf play. But I'll defer to the folks on the trust list in terms of planning to some extent since anything I suggest is going to be viewed very critically, barring a Dubb scan calling me a villager.

Here is why I think that the wolves would be willing to go along with this plan. If the wolves are 6-5 they are going to be looking for reasons to avoid being the lynch today. This may be true at 7-4 as well, but at 6-5 it is a game ender. It would be silly to take out the vanilla wolf during the day if the plan is for Danny to knee-cap him at night.

So if a wolf is volunteering in this spot then they are potentially increasing the likelihood of us lynching a villager today.

Which is true, but everyone would hopefully do it and then those trusted will decide which ones to believe. I think if we lynch Telle we will be hitting a wolf. I would like the other seer to reveal as that would help our trust list quite a bit.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #1273
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

Vote Hoopsguy

Racer, do you think I did this as a wolf trying to save wolf Dubb who was not actually the duke? That is the only explanation that makes sense for me to do this. In that case, you should vote out Dubb so can potentially get a new believed seer.

There would be no reason for me to do this as a wolf to prevent a tie if I'm a wolf, Dubb is the duke/seer villager and you are a villager. It brings all kinds of attention to me with zero reward.

I'm still very nervous about Dubb in his role without any scan, but you making this vote helps me feel a little better about it. Like I've said, I'm pretty darn sure you and Dubb are on separate teams.

VOTE RACER
Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #1274
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I guess this is what a Mets' fan feels like in September.

Go village!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #1275
Danny
Head Coach

We really need to find out about NTN. If he was a villager, we might be in end game here. If he was a wolf, we have some slight breathing room.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #1276
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Ahh. That makes sense.

Unvote Hoopsguy

Assuming your plan is to take out Hoopsguy at night.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #1277
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Whoops.

Unvote Hoopsguy
Old 05-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #1278
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Assuming Racer says that he is the vanilla wolf, that'll give us two and Lathum was just here a second ago.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #1279
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah Lathum stopped in and didn't post at all.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #1280
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Vote Dubb

His explanation about why he was choosing to use his "tiebreaker" vote on Lerriuqs instead of me came way after deadline. I don't buy he's the Duke at this point. He was here around the deadline too browsing the thread for a while I think before posting that. I really think both he and Hoops are bad. My vote is for Dubb since Danny seems to prefer to take out Hoops at night.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #1281
hoopsguy
General Manager

Racer, at least this vote makes some sense.

It is also why I was looking to get Dubb scanned, because he is holding a key villager role. I would have loved to have been scanned as well, but we really needed to know about Dubb today to help guide the action.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #1282
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Assuming Racer says that he is the vanilla wolf, that'll give us two and Lathum was just here a second ago.

Quote:
Yeah Lathum stopped in and didn't post at all.

cut me some slack, it's early on a saturday morning.

I just caught up, I am not willing to claim vanilla wolf at this time. We have a long time between now and deadline to figure stuff out.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #1283
Schmidty
Coordinator

I just woke up. I haven't checked the thread since yesterday right after deadline. We're getting ready to go to friend's dad's memorial in Lake Stevens (which is like 1 1/2 hours away) and then picnic, so I won't be around at all until at least 8 p.m. EST. Sorry. I'll catch up and post some more then.

I warned people that I wouldn't be able to play much on the weekends, so don't take it as me being sneaky please.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #1284
Danny
Head Coach

So Dubb what did you find
Old 05-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #1285
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I found a wolf.

I scanned Lathum last night and he is wolf.

Vote Lathum

I also think the obvious play here is to believe Hoopsguy so Danny can take him out tonight.

Believe Hoopsguy as vanilla wolf
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #1286
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm heading back out to finish up my morning ritual of chain smoking for the first hour. I've got 2 down so far, 2 more to go.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #1287
hoopsguy
General Manager

For now
UNVOTE RACER
Old 05-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #1288
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just starting to run through some scenarios:

6-5, Dubb (wolf) + Lathum (villager) = game over

7-4 Dubb (wolf) + Lathum (villager) + Hoops (villager) = 6-4, down to 4-4 tomorrow after Danny uses his kill on me and wolves get night kill.

Danny, I assume that you would absolutely be using your kill on Dubb if Lathum = villager?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #1289
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I found a wolf.

I scanned Lathum last night and he is wolf.

Vote Lathum

I also think the obvious play here is to believe Hoopsguy so Danny can take him out tonight.

Believe Hoopsguy as vanilla wolf

I'm going to keep my vote on you for now since I don't trust you at all at this point.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #1290
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Danny, I assume that you would absolutely be using your kill on Dubb if Lathum = villager?

Yes, it's only end game if we are 6-5 right now. If we lynch Lathum who turns up villager, I would kill Dubb which would make it 5-3 under your scenario.

If we're 6-5 right now then are are probably done for
Old 05-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #1291
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

If we're 6-5 right now then are are probably done for

If Dubb is bad that is.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #1292
Danny
Head Coach

We still need to be sure about NTN before looking at numbers too closely. If he is a wolf, that this is unlikely to be an end game scenario.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #1293
Tyrith
College Starter

I think we have to trust dubb at this point. We based our entire game around the fact that dubb is a good guy. If he's bad, we have realistically already lost, as we aren't going to have a COT.

Lathum is in the pool of people I'd be voting for someone out of anyway, and I said yesterday I'd look at him closer today. Well, this makes it seem fairly simple at this point.

VOTE LATHUM
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #1294
Tyrith
College Starter

At this point a significant portion of me suspects that the fake seer on the role list is a ruse and that there isn't actually one in the game.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #1295
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

BS

more to follow when I have time
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #1296
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
We still need to be sure about NTN before looking at numbers too closely. If he is a wolf, that this is unlikely to be an end game scenario.

Understood, but I'll be surprised if BK left out the part about "oh yeah, you caught your first wolf" in his results post.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #1297
Tyrith
College Starter

And slated to die if Lathum is bad...

BELIEVE HOOPSGUY AS VANILLA WOLF
Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #1298
hoopsguy
General Manager

I just appreciate the public recognition of being believed in a WW thread, even if it is coming when I'm lying about being a vanilla wolf.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #1299
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
even if it is coming when I'm lying about being a vanilla wolf.

So which wolf are you exactly then hoops?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #1300
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 4 thoughts:
Cleared = PB (assumption), Danny (by PB), Tyrith (by PB)

Dubb = good, then wolves = Racer, Lathum, Telle, USFL and Schmidty
Dubb = evil, then wolves = Dubb, Saldana, Telle, USFL and Schmidty

If there are four wolves then take one of the names off the list - probably USFL or Schmidty.

Obviously I'm listing myself as cleared and others can put me where they want (probably on one/both wolf lists, based on what I've seen so far).