Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #1
Router Help

FM2006: Ballinamallard United

Having played a full season (and failing miserably) to learn the ins and outs of FM2006, I've decided it's time to start a new dynasty. The team I have chosen to lead to glory (or disaster)? Ballinamallard United who play in the second division of Northern Ireland.

I want to play in Eurpoe and even try some international management and that is going to be a little hard to do if I stay in Northern Ireland so these are the leagues I have selected for this game:

Norethern Ireland (second divison and above)
USA (MLS)
Belgium (First Division Only)
England (Conference North/South and above)
France (First League Only)
Germany (Second division and above)
Italy (Serie B and above)
Holland (Premier Division only)
Spain (Second Division and above)

I have set my nationality as American and my favorite team is listed as Manchester City.

Now lets take a look at Ballinmallard United.

Ballinamallard United is a semi-professional club that was founded in 1975. They play at Ferney Park in a stadium that has a capacity of only 1200. Ballinmallard United actually won the second division in 2003, but they must have been relegated the next year because that is where I am starting with them in 2005. In 1995 Ballinamallard United lifted their only trophy in club history as winners of the Intermidiate Cup.

So as you can see, we're a small club, but that doesn't stop chairman Gerry Byers from letting me know that he expects us to win the division this year. Unfortunately he can't release any funds for me to pursue new players at this time. He has given me a generous $4,100/wk wage budget to work with however. This should allow me to bring in some freebies as out current wage bill is only aroun $1900/wk.

I have 4 coaches and a physio at my disposal which is quite a lot for a small club like ours. Unfortunately they all suck. I also have 2 scouts that don't look very good either.

Now to the players. . .

Last edited by Router Help : 11-08-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Router Help

Goalies

Chris Breen
Breen will be our #1 goalkeeper this year. The 21 year old has very good skills for a youngster at this level, but he may be a little weak mentally. We'll see if he can handle the pressure!

Trevor Morrison
Trevor is just simply not a very good goalie. The 30 year old will be #3 on our depth charts and should only see a game if the other 2 goalies are hurt.

Chris Snow
Chris Snow is the goalie of the future. Unfortunately his furture probably won't be with us. The 16 year old is already attracting attention from some teams in the premier divison as well as over in the English Conference. He'll be our #2.

Defense

Donal O'Reilly
Donal is 20 years old and can play as a sweeper or a centerback. He isn't a very good defender, but he is a good team player. He also plays with a lot of flair which is somethig I don't really want from my central defense.

Leon Carters
Leon is another 20 year old SW/DC that isn't very good. Another good team player who is also quite brave.

Chris Crilly
Crilly is a DRC and is only 18 years old. Hopefully he improves with age because he isn't very good right now.

Owen Mooney
Owen is a 21 year old right fullback. He is a very agressive tackler, but his positioning isn't that great so he might get himself into trouble with some poorly timed tackles.

Nigel Keys
Nigel is a 33 year old DLC whose best asset is his calming influence on the team. While he isn't a very good defender anymore, he will probably still server as our captain this year.

Bob Carroll
Bob is a 28 year old DC who is poor at heading, man marking, and tackling. Why is he on the team?

Gareth Liggett
Bob is a 26 year old DC wholl will also server as an alternate captain for us. He isn't a very good defender, but his pace will allow him to recover from mistakes.

Ricky Cathcart
Ricky is a 22 year old DC. He isn't a bad man marker, but that is about all I can say for him.

Stephen Craig
Stephen is a 20 year old DC who just plainly sucks.

Matthew Chambers
Matthew is a very aggressive 17 year old DC who also has great positioning. Too bad he can't tackle anybody.

Midfield

Richard Leckey
Richard is a 20 year old MRC. He is a good team player, but his ball skills leave a lot to be desired.

Matthew Keenan
Matthew is a 19 year old MR who really shouldn't be being paid to play soccer.

Duwayne McManus
Duwayne is a 18 year old MRC, but I think I might try to train him as a striker. He has decent pace and is a good finisher.

Ryan McCluskey
Ryan is a 24 year old AMRC who is a pretty good dribbler. He plays with a fair amount of flair as well.

Jason Gillespie
Jason is a 17 year old AMRC FC who is mentally strong, but his soccer skills still need some time.

Conor McGuigan
Conor is a 25 year old AMR is is very brave and quite fast. He doesn't have very good ball skills, but I do like speed.

Jarno Glass
Jarno is a 28 year old AML. He is a good team player and very aggressive. Unfortunately for him and us, he has no soccer skills.

Robert McAuley
Robert is a 20 year old AMC who has the mental abilities to succeed and also the physical makeup. He just needs to develop some ball skills now.

Forwards

Kyle McClery
Kyle is a 19 year old AMC FC who works hard and has some good speed. He isn't a good finisher, but I think his hard work and speed will get him some goals.

Gerald Boyle
Gerals is a striker and only 16 years old. Mentally he is like a 35 year old vet. His body just needs to catch up to his mind.

Mark Baxter
Mark is another young striker at only 17 years of age. He has decent speed, but isn't a very good finisher either.

Keith McVity
17 year old striker Keith McVitty rounds out the squad. McVitty is physically fit, and a decent header of the ball. I don't think he'll score too many though.

So that's the team. After just going through the goalies I was feeling pretty good. I think both Breen and Snow will be top keepers, but the rest of the squad has me in tears. I haven't looked at this league before so I don't know if the rest of the teams are in the same boat, but we have very little talent.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Router Help

Preseason

Our preseason is pretty short and fairly uneventful. We go 2-1 in our friendlies and play fairly well.

Since I am so far under my wage budget I decide to hire 2 more scouts and send them out to find new players.

I sign Phil Gray on a free transfer. He is a 36 year old striker with 26 caps and 6 goals in his career for Northern Ireland. His skills have dropped off from his international days, but he should be a good backup, plus he will also serve as my assistant manager.

I also offer striker Gerald Boyle the chance to sign a full time contract and he accepts. Hopefully full time training will help him improve faster.

Margate approaches me and asks what I want for midfielder Kyle McCleery. Kyle doesn't appear to be anything special so I ask for $10K nd they accept. So long Mr. McCleery.

Intermediate League Cup

Before the season starts it appears we play in the Intermediate League Cup. We have been placed in group 4.

8-13-05
We open up cup play at home against fellow second division team Brantwood as 1-6 favorites. One immediate item jumps right out at me as I look at the fixture details. Apparently in Northern Ireland teams are only allowed 3 bench players! It looks like this rule is in effect for league play as well. Should be interesting.

Our starting lineup:

GK: Breen
DL: Keys
DC: Liggett
DC: Cathcart
DR: Mooney
ML: Glass
MC: Gillespie
MC: McCluskey
MR: Keenan
ST: McVitty
ST: McManus

S1: Boyle
S2: Craig
S3: Lecky

The first half is pretty scary as Brantwood's attackers repeatedly get behind my defensive line, but fortunately for me, my defenders are faster and are able to recover before any scoring chances come about.

In the 39th minute Ligget plays a very long ball out of the back that McVitty is able to get on the end of and slot it home for the 1-0 lead.

Just before the half Brantwood is able to draw level off o a corner kick.

Disaster strikes right after half when my goalie Chris Breen goes down with an injury. Of course I didn't choose a keeper as one of my 3 bench players so I put in defender Stephen Craig and cross my fingers.

Our defense holds well and doesn't allow Brantwood any opportunities until the 85th minute when they put in the go ahead goal after a scramble in front of the net.

And that is how it ends, a 2-1 defeat in front of a crowd of 170!

After the match I find out that Breen has a broken cheekbone and will be out 3-4 weeks.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
Router Help

8-15-05

Defender Ricky Cathcart contract expires on January 1st. Premier division team Ards offers him a contract trying to scoop him out from us for free. I try to match, but I doubt he is going to choose us over top flight football.

Northern Ireland's U19 team plays a friendly against Malta and wins 3-0. My striker Gerald Boyle is called into camp, but doesn't make it to the gameday squad.

8-20-05

Ricky Cathcart rejects our contract offer and agrees to a contract with Ards. He will leave us on January 2nd.

Our second game in group play of the league cup is today against 2nd division Dergview. We have been installed as 1-3 favorites in our first road game.

Our Lineup:

GK: Snow
ML: McGuigan
ST: Boyle

S1: Gray
S3: Leckey

11 minutes into the match Keenan goes down with an injury. Man, this three man bench is tough. I bring on Leckey to replace him.

21 minutes in McManus is hurt. He doesn't need to come off, but he is hurt badly.

22 Minutes in Gillespie puts a nich through ball in to Boyle who fires it home for the 1-0 lead.

15 minutes later Boyle steals it off a defenders foot and puts it past the keeper for his second of the game. 2-0 for us.

At the half I take McManus off and put in Gray. McManus looks hurt and may be out for sometime.

In the 55th minute Boyle takes the ball at the half and carries all the way down the left wing and into the box only to be denied by a great save. That would have been some hat trick.

In the 60th minute McGuian scores from a set piece to put this game away.

We win 3-0 but find out after the match that Keenan will be out between 4 days and 2 weeks with a facial injury.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #5
Router Help

8-22-05

Premier Division side Coleraine wants to know how much I want for Duwayne McManus. McManus is only valued at $1K, but he is only 18 and I feel he will become a good striker once he learns the position. I tell them $50K.

8-26-05
Coleraine has thought about it, but they have decided that they don't really want McManus that much. Oh well, the 50K would have been nice.

Another Premier division team inquires about McManus. This time it is Newry and they are offering $1K plus goalie John Connolly. Sorry, but I'm set at keeper, so I respond that I will only accept the $50K I offered Coleraine.

8-28-05
Newry says no thanks to McManus.

9-3-05

Another away cup game as we travel to face 1st division side Ballymonuey United. Despite being away and a division down we are put as 4-5 favorites for this one.

Our lineup:

DC: Craig
MR: Leckey

S1: MCVitty
S2: Chambers
S3: McAuley

Ballymoney takes the lead in the 8th minute as the left side of my defense just totallt breaks down. 0-1

Things are even for a while until Boyle breaks down the right wing and is able to bank it off a defender to level the score at 1-1.

At the 43 minute mark McManus steals the ball from Ballymooney's keeper and puts it in for an easy goal and a 2-1 lead.

The game ends 2-1 in our favor, but it wasn't really close. Ballymoney never really threatened to score.

The result puts us in 3rd out of 5 teams in group 4 of the cup. We have 6 points while leaders Coagh United and Dergview both have 7. OUr final game is agains Coagh United and a win would see us through to the next round as Dergview has played all their games already.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #6
Router Help

9-4-05

Right winger Matthew Keenan resumes full training after being out a couple of weeks.

9-12-05

Keeper Chris Breen resumes full training after being out for 4 weeks.

9-13-05

Breen really is a good keeper for this level so I offer him a full time contract.

9-15-05

Breen accepts the contract offer.

9-17-05

Our final game in group play is against Coagh United and again we are the favorites at 2-5. This will be our second home game of the season and hopefully we'll be more successful than the first time.

Our Lineup:

GK: Snow (Breen's fitness isn't up yet)

A very tight even game is played and it remained 0-0 until the 74th minute when Mooney played a long ball out of the defense which McManus was able to head home for the 1-0 lead.

7 minutes later McManus had a chance to put the game away, but the Coagh goalie stopped him on a breakaway. Coagh was not able to make us pay for out mistake and we come out on top 1-0.

The win gives us the group title and pushes us into the semi-final to face fellow second division side QUB. The match will be played on 10-4-05.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #7
Router Help

9-24-05

We open up league play today today at Dergview. We faced them in the cup and won comfortably 3-0, and we are installed as 1-3 favorites for today's game.

Our Lineup:

s1: McVitty
S3: Leckey

Dergview starts the scoring early with a goal from a long shot in the 3rd minute.

We have half a dozen chances to equalize, but are unable to score and go into half time still down 0-1.

Dergview starts the second half like the first and heads and easy one in to take a 2-0 lead.

McManus answers right back and gets us back into striking distance in the 61st minute.

At the 79 minute mark Breen lets in a goal from about 35 yards out to put us down 3-1. Perhaps I shouldn't have offered that full time contract?

Dergview is just shredding our defense and they get another one in the 85th minute and score the final goal to put us down 4-1.

9-30-05

We face Lurgan Celtic tomorrow in out second league game, and today their manager Peter Watson declared that they are confident that they will have no trouble beating us.

I inform Mr. Watson that I intend to hurt his promotion chances my defeating Celtic tomorrow.

10-1-05
Mooney and McCluskey both tell me that they like my confidence in the squad while Boyle doesn't care who we face, he feels we will win any way.

This will be a home game for us and we are installed as even money favorites.

Our Lineup:

DC: Cathart

Boyle puts us on the board first by heading in a set piece in the 6th minute.

After some some back and forth play, Boyle puts us up 2-0 after nailing home nice cross in the 33 minute.

3 minutes later Boyle returns the favor and puts a nive pass into McManus for the 3-0 lead.

Neither team threatens in the second half and we end up 3-0 winners in front of a home crowd of 180.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #8
Router Help

10-2-05
Conor McGuigan spouts off to the press that he is unhappy with his position at the club. McGuican's position is an attacking center midfielder or striker, and he has indicated he wants to play as a stiker. Unfortunately I only have one left winger on the team and he sucks so I have been playing McGuigan there. I don't see that changing any time soon ans my strikers are playing well.

10-4-05

Intermediate League Cup Semi Final

We are put as 1-6 favorites agains QUB in this neutral site game. QUB has lost the only league game they've played so far.

Our Lineup:

DL: Keys:
ST: McVitty

S1: Baxter

QUB controls play for the opening 20 minutes, but can't score until Ligget trips his man in the box and gives up the penalty. QUB converts and we're down 0-1.

Things are then pretty even untill QUB scores on a 20 yard shot just before halftime and we go into the break down 0-2.

We do nothing in the second half and limp out of the cup 0-2 losers.

We are given $975 for playing in the semi final.

10-9-05

We get a news item that Gerald Boyle has been called up to the U19 squad to face Kazakhstan, Sweden, and Israel in the European U19 Championship Qualifiers.

10-12-05

Northern Ireland U19 tie Kazahstan 1-1. Gerald Boyle made the subs bench, but never got into the game.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #9
Router Help

10-14-05

The N. Ireland U19 squad loses to Sweden 2-1 today. Boyle again makes the subs bench, but is not called into play.

10-15-05

Today we travel to Antrim to face Chimney Corner and the press are claiming that it will be an easy victory for us. We are listed as 1-3 favorites but it will be difficult with Boyle out on international duty.

Our Lineup:

ML: McGuican
FC: McManus
FC: McVitty

In the 9th minute Chimney Corner has a great opportunity that is saved by Breen. Breen immediately puts a long ball out that sends McManus in on a breakaway, but he ends up shooting it wide.

Not much else happens until the 45th minute when Leckey puts in a nice cross, but McVitty ends up heading it just over so we go into the half at 0-0.

In the 64th minute McGuican picks up the ball on the left wing and sends in a nice cross to McManus who puts it past the keeper for the 1-0 lead.

Halftime substitute Gray has picked up a minor injury so I decide to reward the complaining McGuican with some time up top at his preferred striker position. McAuley comes into the midfield.

McGuican wastes a golden opportunity in the 80th minute to put us up 2-0, but Chimney Corner never threatens and we go home with a nice 1-0 win.

10-16-05

N. Ireland U19 squad ties Israel today 2-2, and Gerald Boyle again makes the subs bench but does not play. This tie knocks the U19 out of the championship as the finish 3rd in the group.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #10
Router Help

10-22-05

Today 10th place (out of 11) Brantwood visits and the odds makers have us as heavy 1-6 favorties. Gerald Boyle is back and ready to prove to the national coach that he is ready for some game action.

Our Lineup:

FC: Boyle

S1: McVitty
s3: McGuigan

Brantwood starts the scoring with a nifty little give and go in the 24th minute to put us down 0-1.

Boyle answers back 10 minutes later by tapping in an easy one after a big scramble. 1-1.

The second half is a wide open affair. Boyle misses 4-5 glorious chances to put us up while Breen makes save after save on the other end. In the end, however, neither team can put one in and the game ends 1-1.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #11
Router Help

We sit 3rd at the end of October:

Code:
| Pos Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st Annagh Utd | 4 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 7 | 2 | +5 | 10 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd Lurgan Celtic | | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 9 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd Ballinamallard Utd | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 5 | +1 | 7 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th Wakehurst | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 6 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th Dergview | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 6 | 6 | 0 | 6 | | -------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th PSNI | | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 4 | +1 | 4 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th Oxford Utd Stars | | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | -1 | 4 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th Portstewart | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 3 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th Chimney Corner | | 4 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 4 | -1 | 3 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th QUB | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 6 | -3 | 3 | | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th Brantwood | | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 7 | -4 | 1 |
Old 11-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #12
Router Help

11-1-05

QUB, the team that knocked me out of the Intermediate Cup, has won the cup.

11-5-05

We travel to face QUB fresh off their cup win today. QUB isn't doing well in league play however and the press have put us a 1-3 favorites.

Our Lineup:

S3: McGuican

21st minute: Leckey fires in a nice cross that McManus brings down and then places past the keeper for the 1-0 lead.

42nd minute: Boyle gets caught in the left corner so he sends a pass back to Keys who fires it in from 30 yards out. 2-0!

88th minute: QUB gets one back, but it is too little too late and we go out 2-1 winners.

11-9-05

Lurgan Celtin defender Stephen Boyd complains to the media that he deserves a new contract. I have my scouts look him over and see that he is valued at $0 an is better than my current defenders so I put in a bid.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #13
Router Help

11-11-05

Lurgan Celtic accept my bid for Boyd. Boy is currently on a part time contract that pays him $40 a week, but he is asking for $400 a week. I offer a full time contract at $250 a week.

11-12-05

We enter the Irish Cup today with a 3rd round match against non league side Warrenpoint. We are listed as 1-10 favorites. I want to concentrate on promotion so I'll field a reserve side for this game.

Our Lineup:

DL: O'Reilly
DC: Carroll
DC: Chambers
DR: Crilly
MC: McAuley
FC: Baxter
FC: McVitty

S3: McGuigan

Warrenpoint controls the play for the first 25 minutes, but can't seem to get one past snow. In the 36th minute Mcvitty scores from a free kick just outside the box to give us the 1-0 lead.

Warrenpoint answers right back by scoring on a breakaway and we go into the half 1-1.

Mcvitty misses a breakaway in the 55th minute. Warrenpoint hits us on the counter attack and we go down 2-1. My backups aren't very good.

I remove Mcvitty and put in Gray. Gray answers the call and ties the game at 2 in the 69th mintue.

At the end of 90 minutes we are still tied 2-2. Extra time!

Extra time is not kind to us as Warrenpoint scores from a free kick in the 102nd minute.

We crash out of the cup to Warrenpoint. I'm not too disappointed though.

11-14-05

Boyd rejects our contract offer. He wants a higher wage and would prefer to be part time. I leave the wage the same and offer him part time. We'll se what he says.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #14
Router Help

11-16-05

I'm not sure when this appeared, but McManus is now listed as Awkward as a striker. Hopefully my training is working.

Boyd rejects my contract offer. I offer $325 a week. I can't go much higher.

Today we face fellow promotion contenders Wakehurst. Wakehurst is currently in 3rd place just 1 point behind us and co-leaders Annagh United. Unfortunately bot of them have a game in hand. This is a home game for us and we are once again the favorites.

Our Lineup:

ML: McGuican
MC: MCCluskey

S1: McBitty

5 minutes in Wakehurst scores off a corner. Man, we can't seem to play well at home.

We go into halftime down 0-1, but Gillespie answers with the tying goal right after the break. What offside? No goal.

1 Minute later Boyle heads home a free kick to tie the game at 1-1.

Not much else happens as both teams hold out for the draw.

We need to stop dropping points at home!

11-19-05

Boy rejects my contract offer. I offer a $2k signing bonus and keep everything the same. A $40 to $325 a week raise should be good enough! This will be my final offer.

11-22-05

Boyd rejects the contract offer. Oh well.

11-26-05

Workington of the English COnference North offeres me $1k for defender Bob Carroll. I accept since he has played only one game so far.

Today we face the last place Oxford United Stars. We are 1-6 favorites in this home match.

Our Lineup:

What a boring game! For the second game in a row we drop what should be easy points at home and end up tying Oxford Stars 0-0. Our best chance came in the 78th minute when keys naild a 35 yard shot off the post.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #15
Router Help

11-30-05
Carroll leaves for Workington for $1K

A whole slew of players contracts will be up in 6 months time. I offer some new ones and will let others go. I'll post as they agree to the new contracts.

12-1-05

Right winger Matthew Keenan signs a new deal that will keep him here until June 2007.

Breen who just recently signed a full time contract has rejected my extension offer saying he would prefer to be part time. I offer him a better wage to see if that helps.

My scout finds striker that is unattached right now that has 2 caps at the U21 level. He looks good so I quickly offer a contract to Neil Teggart. Neil wants $425 a week, but I can only offer $400. We'll see how this shakes out.

12-2-05

Gray accepts a full time contract as player assistant manager that will keep him here until Jun 2007

Mooney and Chambers agree to part time contracts until June 2007

Baxter rejects his initial offer so I offer $75 a week which is a $10 raise.

McVitty rejects his contract saying that he wants a bigger role than just as a rotation player. I offer him first team, but full time.

McManus agrees to a full time contract that will keep him to June 2007. Hopefully full time training will accelerate his learning of the striker position.

12-3-05

Breen signs his new deal, full time contract until June 2007

McVitty turns down his deal. I decide to hold on on negotiations for now.

12-5-05

Baxter rejects his new deal. I stop negotiations

Chambers injures his toe during training and will be out for up to 2 weeks.

12-6-05

Teggart joins Southend.

12-13-05

Manchester City sack Stuart Pearce. Although they are listed as my favortie club, I don't think they'll be calling me just yet.

Goalie Chris Snow has a virus and will be out 2-3 weeks.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #16
Router Help

12-16-05

Since we we knocked out of the cup so early we haven't played a game in a couple of weeks. Our game tomorrow is a biggie though as we travel to face 1st place Annagh United. Annagh have 17 pts while we are 3rd with 12 points. Wakehurst is second with 13.

Annagh's manager Nial Currie is calling the game the matchup of the season and thinks his team has what it takes to win.

I respond by saying our confidence is high and that we can take anyone. It should e a good game as we are unbeaten in our last 6 while they are unbeaten in their last 7.

12-17-05

We go into this matchup as 205 favorites.

Our lineup:

S2: Liggett

The first half goes by without too many chances for either side. The commentary says Annagh may have been the better team, but I'm not so sure. Either way it is close.

At the 53rd minute mark with the game still 0-0, an Annagh United defender earns his second yellow card to give us a man advantage. Lets see what we can do with it.

25 minutes later we still haven't threatened so I move one of my central midfielders up into a more attacking position.

This seems to work as 3 minutes later there are just too many men in the box and McManus is able to work his way free to score the go ahead goal. 1-0 us.

Then in the 87th minute, McManus breaks free on a breakaway from a wonderful pass from Gray and scores to gives us the 2-0 lead and victory.

12-26-05

Matthew Keenan has a virus and will be out for a week or so.

12-28-05

OUr last game of 2005 and we travel to face PSNI. We are currently listed as 1-4 favorites.

Our Lineup:

S2: Liggett

Boyle starts the scoring in the 5th minute with a little give and go with McManus. 1-0

3 mintues later Cathcart trips a man in the box to give up a penalty. 1-1

McManus and Boyle work their magic again with Boyle putting his second of the game in to give us the 2-1 lead in the 22nd minute.

Boyle completes his hattrick right before the half and we go into the break up 3-1.

We back off during the second half and cruise to an easy 4-2 victory as we each get one in stoppage time.

After a news item states that the jury is still out on me. While I have a decent record, I haven't made any newsworthy transactions. They do call me media friendly though!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #17
Router Help

Here is how our table stands as we start the new year:

Code:
| Pos Team | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st Annagh Utd | | 9 | 6 | 2 | 1 | 14 | 8 | +6 | 20 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd Ballinamallard Utd | 9 | 5 | 3 | 1 | 15 | 9 | +6 | 18 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd QUB | 9 | 6 | 0 | 3 | 13 | 11 | +2 | 18 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th Wakehurst | 9 | 5 | 2 | 2 | 14 | 8 | +6 | 17 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th Brantwood | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 11 | 10 | +1 | 12 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th Chimney Corner | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 9 | 8 | +1 | 12 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th Dergview | 9 | 3 | 1 | 5 | 12 | 16 | -4 | 10 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th Oxford Utd Stars | 9 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 8 | -2 | 9 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th Lurgan Celtic | 9 | 3 | 0 | 6 | 8 | 15 | -7 | 9 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th Portstewart | 9 | 2 | 1 | 6 | 8 | 12 | -4 | 7 | | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th PSNI | 10 | 1 | 4 | 5 | 11 | 16 | -5 |