Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Saul Goode
n00b

Another Sarah Palin is a moron post

"Sarah Palin, who is widely tipped as a possible Republican candidate for president in 2012, has said WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange should be hunted down in the way armed forces are targeting the Taliban and Al-Qaeda."

The definition of terrorist and/or taliban member seems to be widening by the minute. Luckily the GOP is around to let everyone know that seemingly everyone is a terrorist. Even if the constitution protects Assange's right to freedom of press. (Yes, there could be a fine line here.)

Yet, the reason the republicans are declaring this guy a terrorist and a member of the Taliban, is because he has boatloads of documents proving how corrupt the financial sector of the business world is. The repubs/tea morons are nothing more then corporate whores. They don't want anyone messing up there handouts. Just look at what they will do if they don't get to give themselves and their corporate masters massive tax cuts.

Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
JediKooter
Coordinator

She also said that what Assange did was treason. So according to little Mrs Palin, Assange is a citizen of the USA.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
"Sarah Palin, who is widely tipped as a possible Republican candidate for president in 2012, has said WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange should be hunted down in the way armed forces are targeting the Taliban and Al-Qaeda."

The definition of terrorist and/or taliban member seems to be widening by the minute. Luckily the GOP is around to let everyone know that seemingly everyone is a terrorist. Even if the constitution protects Assange's right to freedom of press. (Yes, there could be a fine line here.)

Yet, the reason the republicans are declaring this guy a terrorist and a member of the Taliban, is because he has boatloads of documents proving how corrupt the financial sector of the business world is. The repubs/tea morons are nothing more then corporate whores. They don't want anyone messing up there handouts. Just look at what they will do if they don't get to give themselves and their corporate masters massive tax cuts.

Palin =! all Republicans

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Old 12-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
airulf
H.S. Freshman Team

The other day she also said that the US should support their friends in North Korea...
Old 12-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by airulf View Post
The other day she also said that the US should support their friends in North Korea...

In her defense, she quickly realized her error and said "of course I meant East Korea".
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
TroyF
Coordinator

You do realize the person who was made to look the worst in the latest round of wiki leaks documents was Hillary Clinton. You do realize that, right?

I'll give him one thing, Assange is pissing off just about everyone.

Problem? He's pissing off the wrong people and it wouldn't shock me at all if he suddenly becomes a memory.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Problem? He's pissing off the wrong people and it wouldn't shock me at all if he suddenly becomes a memory.

This

But in the meantime more power to him.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
You do realize the person who was made to look the worst in the latest round of wiki leaks documents was Hillary Clinton. You do realize that, right?

If you rely on Drudgereport as your sole news source, then yes abolutely.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #10
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
In her defense, she quickly realized her error and said "of course I meant East Korea".

This made me lol; at least until I thought about the likelihood of her saying just that and still becoming the Republican candidate in 2012.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
If you rely on Drudgereport as your sole news source, then yes abolutely.

Do you call Time Magazine the Drudge report?

It has a full interview with him and he says in it he wants Hillary gone because the documents show she was violating US and international policy.

Just an FYI, I have visited the Drudge exactly 2 times in my life. Once to see what it was about, once because someone quoted a story from him and I wanted to see it for myself.

We are all grown ups here, right? We know that one political party isn't superior to the other political party and that there is corruption in both, correct? Or are you one of the people who think every Republican is a Nazi and live in a world where every Republican thinks you are a communist?

If you want to play the stereotype game above, do me a favor and leave me the hell out of it. k, thx.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
We are all grown ups here, right?

I'm just saying that if you use Drudge as your sole news source (as I do) then you also draw that conclusion (so i alwasy suspect i'm not getting the fair and balanced scoops). So chill, McBill.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 12-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

This thread should be titled "Republicans: Why I hate 'em".
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
RainMaker
General Manager

You guys realize that WikiLeaks just posts shit that gets sent to them? Wouldn't the person who commited treason or whatever be the person who leaked it to them?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yet, the reason the republicans are declaring this guy a terrorist blah blah lunatic rant blah blah blah

And the reason you're ranting here is because you're a fucking liberal troll. Assante should have suffered a sudden & severe case of lead poisoning long before his latest actions & the sooner it happens to the bastard the better.

Palin, meanwhile, needs to remember that not everyone is capable of handling obvious truths & keep her damned mouth shut more often.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-01-2010 at 03:01 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #16
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And the reason you're ranting here is because you're a fucking liberal troll. Assante should have suffered a sudden & severe case of lead poisoning long before his latest actions & the sooner it happens to the bastard the better.

How very Christian of you.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You guys realize that WikiLeaks just posts shit that gets sent to them? Wouldn't the person who commited treason or whatever be the person who leaked it to them?

Potentially both parties could be in trouble. Obviously, the person (or people) who leaked the documents would be charged and convicted very quickly if they were found.

It's more of a gray area with the person who publishes the story, but there are clear cut ways he could still get into trouble. If he paid for documents he knows were stolen, he could be treated the same as any spy.

I'll go back to what I said above. . . while he MAY or may not have trouble with the courts, he's very likely to piss off someone in the meantime who will make him go gently into that good night. He's not missing with minor entities here. He's pissing off people on both sides of the aisle and he's pissing off the military.

I'm fairly confident in saying this isn't going to end well for him.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Potentially both parties could be in trouble. Obviously, the person (or people) who leaked the documents would be charged and convicted very quickly if they were found.

It's more of a gray area with the person who publishes the story, but there are clear cut ways he could still get into trouble. If he paid for documents he knows were stolen, he could be treated the same as any spy.

I'll go back to what I said above. . . while he MAY or may not have trouble with the courts, he's very likely to piss off someone in the meantime who will make him go gently into that good night. He's not missing with minor entities here. He's pissing off people on both sides of the aisle and he's pissing off the military.

I'm fairly confident in saying this isn't going to end well for him.

As well it shouldn't. If you play with fire....
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
JediKooter
Coordinator

At least we all know and agree that Sarah Palin is still a moron despite what Assange and wikileaks have done.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 12-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #20
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Assange has to know that he is going to be killed, and probably soon, because of what he has chosen to do with his life. I have to think that he's decided that that is a risk worth taking.

The subtle rhetorical shift (i.e. the "I see what you did there") moment from the right on this is that the message isn't "He needs to die." It's "Obama is a pussy because he hasn't had him killed."

And, yeah, Palin is a moron. But, she is a moron who gets the base energized and brings in the $$. Pretty good pet for a political party to have in a non-election year. When the 2012 field starts to take a little better shape, she will be pushed aside by the powers that be in the GOP and more electable candidates will be placed on the ticket.

If the GOP sticks a fresh face on the top of the ticket, Huckabee in the VP slot, and has Sarah raising money and hell behind the scenes, that is not a bad scenario for 2012. Letting her think that she has a chance at the nomination this year isn't really hurting anyone and actually deflects some Dem fire away from whoever the nominee ends up being.

Oh, and I also realize that this "moron" has more money, power, and fame than I ever will. So, "moron" is really in the eye of the beholder.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
How very Christian of you.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
Saul Goode
n00b

Sorry for the liberal media bias. I meant most Rep. and some Dem.
Just not a big fan of Palin/McConnell/Beck/Limbaugh.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #23
Saul Goode
n00b

Quote:
. Assante should have suffered a sudden & severe case of lead poisoning long before his latest actions & the sooner it happens to the bastard the better.

So you're not the slight bit curious about the loads of information he has about corruption in corporate America???

By the way, why is Assante the bad man, he's not even the whistleblower, he's the middle man.

They did manage to trump up some charges in Sweden against him.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #24
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:
By the way, why is Assante the bad man, he's not even the whistleblower, he's the middle man.

They did manage to trump up some charges in Sweden against him.

Quote:
Assante should have suffered a sudden & severe case of lead poisoning long before his latest actions & the sooner it happens to the bastard the better.

Everyone in this thread should just leave Asante Samuel alone. And his name is Asante, with one S, not Assante--I see what you did there.

Oh wait.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #25
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I thought people were pissed at Armand Assante.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #26
molson
General Manager

Quote:
We know that one political party isn't superior to the other political party and that there is corruption in both, correct?

Hi TroyF, welcome to FOFC, you must be new here.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #27
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Oh, I thought people were pissed at Armand Assante.

That guy REALLY pisses me off.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #28
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Hi TroyF, welcome to FOFC, you must be new here.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #29
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry for the liberal media bias. I meant most Rep. and some Dem.
Just not a big fan of Palin/McConnell/Beck/Limbaugh.

I've never understood why the left gets so work up over people who are TV heads, catering to an audience that is already theirs in terms of voting for them, and those who aren't in power. At least when the right gets slimy, they tend to go after the people who are actually in power (Obama, Pelosi).

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-01-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #30
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
She also said that what Assange did was treason. So according to little Mrs Palin, Assange is a citizen of the USA.

He's an Australian but the reaction here does not claim "treason". It's much worse than that - he released a document that said that Australia is "a rock solid ally of the US but not influential". That "not influential" bit has the media calling for his head
Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #31
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Howard View Post
He's an Australian but the reaction here does not claim "treason". It's much worse than that - he released a document that said that Australia is "a rock solid ally of the US but not influential". That "not influential" bit has the media calling for his head

I can attest to Australia's influence here in america...I am a regular at the Outback steak house near my house. That is some spiffy food and I own the original Mad Max movie on DVD. Muriel's Wedding was ok, but, I don't own that one.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #32
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
I can attest to Australia's influence here in america...I am a regular at the Outback steak house near my house. That is some spiffy food and I own the original Mad Max movie on DVD. Muriel's Wedding was ok, but, I don't own that one.

I'll pass that on to the media. I'm sure they'll feel much better, now

Back on subject, I'm not sure that it's all bad. We now know China is pissed off with North Korea and that many parts of the Arab world want Iran nuked. So far I haven't seen anything that specifically worsens the security situation. It just seems like a lot of egotistical power brokers and wielders have been embarrassed and revealed for the two-faced liars, sorry - diplomats, they are.

Last edited by Mac Howard : 12-01-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #33
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll pass that on to the media. I'm sure they'll feel much better, now

Awesome! Definitely no need to worry about your guys' influence at all.

As a matter of fact: Road Warrior Weekend Brings Mad Max Fans To The Desert, Recreates Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland

Old 12-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #35
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Awesome! Definitely no need to worry about your guys' influence at all. [/url]

Then where the bloody hell are you all?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #36
molson
General Manager

Yahoo Serious was a setback.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #37
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Yahoo Serious was a setback.

And not the only one or the last

Last edited by Mac Howard : 12-01-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #38
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i'll vote for her. we're already circling the bowl. i can't think of a better turd captain.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #39
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Then where the bloody hell are you all?

Is that an invitation to come visit?

Ok, I will admit, I did see Young Einstein when it first came out. I now know where bubbles in beer come from.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #40
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Is that an invitation to come visit?

You didn't see the advertising campaign from Tourism Australia?

After the successful "chuck another shrimp on the barbie" with Crocodile Dundee, Tourism Australia produced another campaign whose promotional videos always finished with someone asking "so, where the bloody hell are you?"

Now that phrase goes down well in casual, laid-back Australia but the rest of the world didn't get it at all. The beaches just 70 metres from where I am (Surfers Paradise) were empty of the usual foreign tourists.

I would invite you but considering my location I could possibly see a few thousand replies to such an invitation. But, heh, you get over here then give us a call and we'll share a beer or two - or three, or four, or .............

Last edited by Mac Howard : 12-01-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #41
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I guess I really don't understand why the latest reports on diplomats is a big deal. I mean, gathering information has always been one of the primary duties of foreign officials living in another country. It's been that way for many centuries. Every diplomat in Embassy Row in Wash. DC are also doing the same thing, for good reasons on behalf of their own countries. Why is this a surprise or shocking? If any of our diplomats (and their staffs) were not reporting on such things mentioned in the report, then they would be in derelict of their duties. Now whether such confidential reports should be made public, that's another thing.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #42
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

After the successful "chuck another shrimp on the barbie" with Crocodile Dundee, Tourism Australia produced another campaign whose promotional videos always finished with someone asking "so, where the bloody hell are you?"

Now that phrase goes down well in casual, laid-back Australia but the rest of the world didn't get it at all. The beaches just 70 metres from where I am (Surfers Paradise) were empty of the usual foreign tourists.

I would invite you but considering my location I could possibly see a few thousand replies to such an invitation. But, heh, you get over here then give us a call and we'll share a beer or two - or three, or four, or .............

I've always wanted to know, is Foster's really Australian for beer or are they just saying that to sell it?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #43
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I've always wanted to know, is Foster's really Australian for beer or are they just saying that to sell it?

Just to sell it. Foster's is just one of many brewers.

Foster's seem to have been particularly successful at making their advertising seem universal. "The amber nectar" is now general Aussie slang but was first an advert for Foster's lager.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #44
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Kookaburra Wings are the shizz
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #45
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
Oh wait.

Yup. Wrong typo
Old 12-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #46
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

I remember the Paul Hogan campaign, I don't seem to remember the "where the bloody hell are you?" one though. When was that? Now that I think about it, I can't recall a commercial to visit Australia in a long time.

Just looked up Surfers Paradise on wikipedia. I am confused. That looks to be a HUGE city, but, only 18,501 is the population? Or is it just a suburb of a larger city there? The place looks awesome though.

I'm definitely up to down a few beers for sure. Oh and how are the women down there?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #47
johneh
Mascot

Quote:

LOL
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #48
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:

Please quote Mrs. Palin correctly. She doesn't need any assistance looking like a moron. When corrected on the fact that North Korea is not one of our allies, knowing that she cannot admit that she made an error she said "Yeah, and we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes."

As far as the Wikileaks douchbag is concerned there is not much we actually can do without becoming the bad guys ourselves. I wonder why we haven't provided various information through different channels with codes included to see what he gets and be able to find his sources. These American sources for him should then be tried for treason.

One good thing regarding Wikileaks is that at least by him having the info & publishing it we all know what is out there and can react. I'd rather have info public than in the hands of Al-Qaeda alone, and us not knowing what they know...

Last edited by M GO BLUE!!! : 12-02-2010 at 03:21 PM.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #49
Saul Goode
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
Because they drive the narrative. Right wing blog post goes to larger right wing sites go to right wing talk shows goes to FOX News goes to conservative commentators on other networks goes to the rest of the media.

Yes, they only speak directly to people who would vote for a Republican no matter what, but they infect the narrative that goes out to independents and low information voters.

Yeah, somebody with a brain. First place ribbon to this guy.
She's a moron, that panders to to other morons.

Doesn't anybody find it funny that she essentially got kicked out of her own office for corruption. Now she is the "spokesman" for taking down the mean, corrupt, big bad federal government. I think it is a hoot.

Last edited by Saul Goode : 12-02-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: doh
Old 12-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #50
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
Because they drive the narrative. Right wing blog post goes to larger right wing sites go to right wing talk shows goes to FOX News goes to conservative commentators on other networks goes to the rest of the media.

Yes, they only speak directly to people who would vote for a Republican no matter what, but they infect the narrative that goes out to independents and low information voters.

Quote:
Yeah, somebody with a brain. First place ribbon to this guy.
She's a moron, that panders to to other morons.

Doesn't anybody find it funny that she essentially got kicked out of her own office for corruption. Now she is the "spokesman" for taking down the mean, corrupt, big bad federal government. I think it is a hoot.

Sounds like you were made for each other.