Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #901
The Jackal
Coordinator

Still plenty of time for me to keep staring at the two days of votes, though.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #902
The Jackal
Coordinator

For other people's convenience, EF has a recap of day 1 and day 2 at post #751 and #756.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #903
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm liking PB's Jag vote.

For 3 big reasons.

1) I trust PB's reveal, so I know I'm not following a wolf who's trying to divert attention away from Hoops or CW.

2) JAG's voting history is a little worse than either Hoops's or CW's. JAG voted late for Abe on day two when things looked pretty bleak for him. Yes, JAG maybe could have gone the other way and tied it up, but that would have thrown up big red flags if Abe ended up being lynched. So I'm thinking it likely that a wolf let's Abe take the fall at that point.

3) JAG's day one vote is what I'd expect from a wolf. Put it on a villager and leave it there. Incidently, he was the first vote on PB whom we all trust.

So I will:

VOTE JAG
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #904
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think I'm up for giving this a shot. I don't like JAG's day one vote, and I've almost convinced myself that either JAG or GE is a wolf based on the late votes from yesterday. I am not set in this, but I'd like to see what it does:

VOTE JAG
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #905
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
3) JAG's day one vote is what I'd expect from a wolf. Put it on a villager and leave it there. Incidently, he was the first vote on PB whom we all trust.

Incorrect.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #906
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

VOTE HOOPSGUY
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #907
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,

It is incorrect that we all trust PB. I just think there are some holes in his story.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #908
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Dola,

It is incorrect that we all trust PB. I just think there are some holes in his story.

Honestly, if the real Shaggy was out there, it would've made sense to reveal by now. Waiting this long would make a reveal seem very, very wolfy. Trading the spy for a wolf is absolutely encouraged.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #909
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alright EF, I'm cool with that vote.

Do we have an updated vote count anyone?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #910
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Personally I would advise a couple villagers to consolidate the votes. Way too easy for the wolves to steer this off a wolf and onto a villager like this. Unfortunately I missed the nex page and the last two AG votes before I voted.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #911
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
CW voting for Abe to put it at 6-6 definitely looks good for him. RA voting to put Abe up 8-5 does not necessarily look good for him, since it was post-PB reveal.

How are you saying RA looks better there?

Jackal, sorry, I kind of blew this one. I was about out the door at work and trying to understand the idea that someone making a 6-6 tie being better than someone putting the wolf at 8-5 (on the basis of raw numbers), and you're correct, in the context of PB's reveal it doesn't look as good. I'm just going to say I feel that the timing of CW's votes (pushing NTN to 4-3 and a last minute save of what turned out to be the cunning wolf) are worse than RA's votes (his switch to Abe seems like a logical villager move, don't kill the roled player, go to the next highest candidate, although I don't agree with how he decided on NTN for the vote on D2).

I feel bad enough about both sets of votes that I feel like I'm splitting hairs deciding which one looks worse.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #912
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Dola,

Fair enough, but at this point I think most all of us are assuming that he's telling the truth.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #913
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alright EF, I'm cool with that vote.

Do we have an updated vote count anyone?

(ntn 4 CW 3 JAG 3 hoops 3)
Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #914
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: or to be more specific...

(774) Lathum votes hoopsguy (hoops 1)
(777) hoopsguy votes Coffee Warlord (hoops 1 CW 1)
(778) lerriuqs votes ntndeacon (hoops 1 CW 1 ntn 1)
(801) Raiders Army votes hoopsguy (hoops 2 CW 1 ntn 1)
(826) JAG votes hoopsguy (hoops 3 CW 1 ntn 1)
(841) Coffee Warlord votes ntndeacon (hoops 3 ntn 2 CW 1)
(849) ntndeacon votes Coffee Warlord (hoops 3 ntn 2 CW 2)
(852) PurdueBrad votes JAG (hoops 3 ntn 2 CW 2 JAG 1)
(857) Chief Rum votes Coffee Warlord (hoops 3 CW 3 ntn 2 JAG 1)
(875) MartinD votes ntndeacon (hoops 3 CW 3 ntn 3 JAG 1)
(892) Raiders Army unvotes hoopsguy, votes ntndeacon (ntn 4 CW 3 hoops 2 JAG 1)
(903) KWhit votes JAG (ntn 4 CW 3 hoops 2 JAG 2)
(904) The Jackal votes JAG (ntn 4 CW 3 JAG 3 hoops 2)
(906) EagleFan votes hoopsguy (ntn 4 CW 3 JAG 3 hoops 3)
Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #915
The Jackal
Coordinator

Is GE the only person left to vote? Can you let us know where you are leaning, at least? I know you've been after hoops to reveal today, so I imagine you're looking at him.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #916
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think today may be a very good day for a duking. We need that extra layer of trust built.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #917
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

FTR: May not be online much after the deadline tonight. I am going through video game overload. Took advantage of the Best Buy buy 2 get 1 sale and picked up Uncharted 2 (Ps3), Borderlands (360) and FIFA 10 (360).

I think I need to go to video game anonymous...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #918
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I think today may be a very good day for a duking. We need that extra layer of trust built.

That's a solid idea, depending on what shakes out in the next hour.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #919
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
FTR: May not be online much after the deadline tonight. I am going through video game overload. Took advantage of the Best Buy buy 2 get 1 sale and picked up Uncharted 2 (Ps3), Borderlands (360) and FIFA 10 (360).

I think I need to go to video game anonymous...

FIFA is awesome. Let me know how Uncharted 2 is.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #920
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FIFA is awesome. Let me know how Uncharted 2 is.

Will do. I have high expectations for it as I have heard very good things.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #921
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think I'm up for giving this a shot. I don't like JAG's day one vote, and I've almost convinced myself that either JAG or GE is a wolf based on the late votes from yesterday. I am not set in this, but I'd like to see what it does:

VOTE JAG

Just for the record, I wasn't around for the PB reveal on day 1, had I been I would've changed my vote because there's no sense in risking killing a roled villager because if he was a wolf, it would've come out at some point. That doesn't help a lot, but prior to PB's reveal, why would I have changed my vote? I was on one of the two primary candidates and I had no additional information.

If you look at my posts from D2, you'll see that I basically didn't know what to do with my vote because I suspected NTN and Abe were both villagers but I didn't have any candidates to suggest so I kept putting off my vote trying to decide which would be the lesser evil to vote for, Abe who I suspected more strongly was a villager (oops) but whose lynch would yield more information and who was probably a vanilla villager or NTN who I was less sure of was a villager but whose lynch would provide less information and who might've had a role. Considering how GE voted at the end, I'm very glad I put that vote on Abe.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #922
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, I'm pretty OK with the duking today as well. I'm mildly surprised that the role has not been used up to this point (based on past games) and would rather see it used to expand the COT than go unused or exit via night death.

Obviously I'm not looking to end up on the receiving end of it, but I agree with the merits of using it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #923
The Jackal
Coordinator

JAG, FWIW, your vote pinged me less than GE's. But even though GE voted for NTN, that doesn't mean he's a wolf.. I'm letting it slide for at least a day.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #924
hoopsguy
General Manager

Whatever else you want to take away from JAGs vote yesterday, I don't think that he and GE are wolves together. If they were they could have preserved Abe for another day while taking out someone I think is a likely villager in NTN. I have both of these guys around the middle of the trust spectrum, but if one is shown to be a wolf my trust of the other one would move up a fair amount.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #925
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JAG, FWIW, your vote pinged me less than GE's. But even though GE voted for NTN, that doesn't mean he's a wolf.. I'm letting it slide for at least a day.

GE's day one vote looks pretty decent (bringing Abe to 6-6 for the second time) despite day two looking bad. I'm ambivalent about him.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #926
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh no, I'm almost positive that they both aren't wolves. One of them is possible.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #927
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #924:
Hoops - Lathum (774), JAG (826), EF (906)
CW - Hoops (777), NTN (849), CR (857)
NTN - Lerri (778), CW (841), MartinD (875), RA (892)
JAG - PB (852), KWhit (903), Jackal (904)

Looking at those voting blocks, here are my best guesses on wolves:
On me - obviously trust EF, middle of the road on Lathum and JAG. 0-1 wolves here.

CW - NTN + CR along with me. I obviously trust myself and think that NTN is not a wolf (not giving much respect to the wolf/wolf theory from yesterday). 0-1 wolves here.

NTN - many of same people here who voted him earlier. I want to explore these voters quite a bit, with exception of Lerriuqs. 1-2 wolves here.

JAG - pretty high level of trust here, KWhit is only one I'm really considering for a wolf at the moment. 0-1 wolves here.

I would look for some aggressive consolidation to save a wolf in this group over the last hour if we do get one of them into a legitimate two man race. But right now I think they are pretty well dispersed on the candidates rather than clustering to try and get one person removed today.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #928
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
FWIW, I'm pretty OK with the duking today as well. I'm mildly surprised that the role has not been used up to this point (based on past games) and would rather see it used to expand the COT than go unused or exit via night death.

Obviously I'm not looking to end up on the receiving end of it, but I agree with the merits of using it.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Like in the soccer game a while back, the longer that role isn't used, the more powerful the CoT becomes with a smaller group of players (e.g. 1 trusted player out of 7 is better than 1 trusted out of 9). We also already have some decent information about candidates to vote for based on the last couple days of voting and potentially whatever information we learn from today so it's not like we're flying completely blind.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #929
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, for what it is worth I would rather leave my vote on CW than move it to JAG but I will probably do so for self-preservation before I have to disappear from thread. The "best" self-preservation move is to go over to NTN, but I don't think it is the best chance of getting a wolf. So I'm certainly hoping that I'm not pushed into that corner over the next 5-10 minutes (when I'm leaving).
Old 10-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #930
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm not sure I agree with that. Like in the soccer game a while back, the longer that role isn't used, the more powerful the CoT becomes with a smaller group of players (e.g. 1 trusted player out of 7 is better than 1 trusted out of 9). We also already have some decent information about candidates to vote for based on the last couple days of voting and potentially whatever information we learn from today so it's not like we're flying completely blind.

Well, the risk is that if the player has already earned some semi-trust they are a more likely target for the nightkill now that the seer is gone.

If the person is not all that trusted they can probably risk riding it out for another day. But worst-case for them right now is getting NK'd with the role and not helping us expand the COT at all.

Tomorrow if the duke shows we'll have Scooby, Duke, and potentially Shaggy as trusted players among a group of 12 players (assumes no BG block). That would be a nice start, in addition to any voting logic that can be pulled from the first few days.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #931
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE COFFEE WARLORD

I don't think ntn should be lynched, I don't see a lot of momentum for hoops, so I will go for my #2 option for today and revisit hoops / RA tomorrow if I'm wrong.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #932
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, the risk is that if the player has already earned some semi-trust they are a more likely target for the nightkill now that the seer is gone.

If the person is not all that trusted they can probably risk riding it out for another day. But worst-case for them right now is getting NK'd with the role and not helping us expand the COT at all.

Tomorrow if the duke shows we'll have Scooby, Duke, and potentially Shaggy as trusted players among a group of 12 players (assumes no BG block). That would be a nice start, in addition to any voting logic that can be pulled from the first few days.

I still maintain it's better to hold onto the role unless the person thinks there's a slam dunk candidate. If they've earned some semi-trust, then they're more or less not being considered for a lynch and they're already somewhat in the CoT as it is. If they aren't trusted, they aren't as likely to get NK'ed and if they get lynched they can change the vote, we might be able to yield useful information from the vote, and then expand our CoT another day later when the smaller number of players will make it more useful. Just my two cents.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #933
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF - if you were picking between JAG and CW who would you pick and why?

Does the fact that JAG switched under the threat of a moved vote there have meaning to you?

I'm not sure I'll have a chance to get back into the thread to act on it, but I am interested in your answer to this since you are in the thread. And, on the chance that you think I'm a wolf messing with you, then just go ahead and lie to me

Seriously, I'm interested in understanding how people are forming their trust. Especially the cleared/near-cleared people because they are going to justifiably have more influence than the rest of us down the stretch.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #934
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

With the same deadline they would not be risking anything additional tonight by using the ability as they are either the target already or they aren't.

We're 10-3-1 right now (not counting me as I don't count in the numbers game).

Worst case the duke uses their power today and picks wrong we are at 8-3-1. The positive about that is that we also would have a CoT of 3 which is a pretty good block of people to start with. They may then survive yet another night as the unknown about the BG guarding Shaggy or them would exist (and the chance that Shaggy follows the duke while the BG guards Shaggy).
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #935
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They may then survive yet another night as the unknown about the BG guarding Shaggy or them would exist (and the chance that Shaggy follows the duke while the BG guards Shaggy).

That's an interesting thought, hadn't considered that.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #936
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF - if you were picking between JAG and CW who would you pick and why?

Does the fact that JAG switched under the threat of a moved vote there have meaning to you?

I'm not sure I'll have a chance to get back into the thread to act on it, but I am interested in your answer to this since you are in the thread. And, on the chance that you think I'm a wolf messing with you, then just go ahead and lie to me

Seriously, I'm interested in understanding how people are forming their trust. Especially the cleared/near-cleared people because they are going to justifiably have more influence than the rest of us down the stretch.

I don't see a reason to "distrust" either of them yet. I feel a little better about CW than JAG at the moment though. I can't see a wolf tying it up as late as CW did with their cunning at stake. Maybe I am being stupid and missing something though.

To be honest my biggest problem in this game (WW in general) is second guessing myself.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #937
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I don't want today to end in a tie, so I will be voting for CW or ntn. This assumes there are no late changes. I like what hoops said in his reply to my question, so at this point I am giving him a pass. I am not putting him in my COT, but I am not as distrusting as I was previously.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #938
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Scoobs, I agree. I've hoped for two days now that maybe the duke would throw down the gauntlet. I'll follow the duke, they'll be forced to enslut me and the BG can (or maybe won't to keep the wolves guessing) guard me.

If Duke is killed, I'll witness.

If I'm killed, BG blocks/witnesses

Otherwise, worst case scenario, they have to enslut me again (meaning our other roles are still able to act) and the BG either has me guarded which sucks for the duke OR he pulls a fast one and guards the duke instead and still gets us info. All in all, good times.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #939
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm exceedingly busy this evening, so I don't really have time to try and further defend my actions. Either you trust me or you don't at this point. Hoping I get the benefit of the doubt here, but we shalt see.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #940
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Gah. I don't believe either one of these guys are wolves.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #941
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Scoobs, I agree. I've hoped for two days now that maybe the duke would throw down the gauntlet. I'll follow the duke, they'll be forced to enslut me and the BG can (or maybe won't to keep the wolves guessing) guard me.

If Duke is killed, I'll witness.

If I'm killed, BG blocks/witnesses

Otherwise, worst case scenario, they have to enslut me again (meaning our other roles are still able to act) and the BG either has me guarded which sucks for the duke OR he pulls a fast one and guards the duke instead and still gets us info. All in all, good times.

The rules didn't say that the BG would know who the wolf is if he gets a block, but I did find something interesting looking at the BG role:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Good Roles

Freddie Jones - Each phase, Freddie may choose a person to guard from being kidnapped. Freddie may not choose the same person two phases in a row. Because of his obvious crush on her, if he ever guards Daphne, he learns her identity and may protect her the next phase as well if he chooses. Then he must alternate again.

With the BG alive, that might give more impetus for the duke to come out. But anyway, I trust whoever's playing the role to figure out the best play from their perspective and roll with it.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #942
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't understand the JAG move. On Day One, he put in an early vote on PB and clearly wasn't around after that. On Day Two, he pretty much put the noose around Abe's neck. Can someone explain to me how that says wolf?

Of course, I already as much as said I would be switching off of CW, as I don't believe he makes the vote he does on Day One (bringing Abe into a tie relatively late) if he is a wolf. It was just a matter of having the time to look around.

Although I do have a suspicion he's a villager, given how he voted yesterday, I am going to have to switch to NTN, I think. He's still more likely to be a wolf to me than JAG or CW.

UNVOTE COFFEE WARLORD
VOTE NTNDEACON

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #943
The Jackal
Coordinator

CR, the late vote by JAG on day 2 screams buying trust by a wolf seeing a wolf going down. I suppose Abe's fate wasn't sealed yet, though.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #944
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am going to stick with my vote yesterday. NTN's voting record is ok, but I think CW's is slightly better.

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 10-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #945
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Well, hopefully the folks on NTN have a better read on things than I do, since I had 3-4 others I felt were more suspicious.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #946
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

PB, i am the duke.

follow me tonight
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #947
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Well, hopefully the folks on NTN have a better read on things than I do, since I had 3-4 others I felt were more suspicious.

I was forced into voting for either CW or NTN. I know, I bring it on myself. I don't either one is a wolf, but we are still in good shape at this point.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #948
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- hoops is going down tonight. If you guys want me to keep my power vote for him, otherwise it will be duked to him, i put the order in a few hours ago
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #949
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, the late vote by JAG on day 2 screams buying trust by a wolf seeing a wolf going down. I suppose Abe's fate wasn't sealed yet, though.

7-6 dude. Fate definitely not sealed.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #950
The Jackal
Coordinator

Intruiging, I may do that.