Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #51
Ironhead
College Prospect

Looks like we are waiting on these two fellas to vote on a conference:

Wade Moore
msuballa

Wade voted originally to have the Big 12 in so that will most likely be a lock if he gets around to it. Has msuballa voted yet on anything?

Last edited by Ironhead : 06-28-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #52
DeToxRox
Head Coach

No msu has not. the only problem with PurdueBrad is he is out of town for like another week.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #53
Logan
Head Coach

Seriously, let's get this shit MOVIN.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #54
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
HAHAHAHA, yours is the weaker of the two leagues. i'm in the better one. how my ass taste?

Yup, you truly are the smartest person I've ever met who also has Downs Syndrome.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #55
RedKingGold
College Starter

I will change my vote from the Big Ten to the Big 12 so that we can get this done.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #56
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I will change my vote from the Big Ten to the Big 12 so that we can get this done.

Me too...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #57
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Great, what is next? Random number generation / draft order?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #58
DeToxRox
Head Coach

big 12 it is. Ill pm EF27 to do a draft order.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #59
BigDPW
College Prospect

please let me get the 1st pick... pretty please!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I put everyone in alphabetical order, generated a random number for each league member from 1 to 1000. BigDPW was assigned the 1st random number since he was first alphabetically. cmp was 2nd, etc. The lowest number was 90 and you can check out the other thread to see who got the lucky #1 pick and who was unforunate to be last.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #61
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Big 10...

Not real sure why we are going with an extra conference so quickly but whatever... I am not hard to please... I liked the idea of 3 conferences...

Quote:
But they all have 4 teams in them and none of them are rated horribly? If we don't plan to switch teams down the line then 4 teams in each of those conferences should be fine right?

I must have missed the discussion about adding another conference...

And these two posts prove my point.

For folks that can't stare at FOFC all day this whole process was very confusing and had no order. A few people that can be on FOFC all day and that had an agenda pushed changes without a majority opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #62
Mike1409
High School Varsity

This really didn't happen in an hour. It evolved over a couple of days.

I will take all the blame though.

I voted for three confrences and to pick teams after the game came out. After we picked the conferences for team selection I looked at the teams available there were 14 teams for twelve slots that meant that there would be 3-5 players that would be forced to use a team that they may not want. So I though about my votes, decided to change my selections, and mentioned a couple of alternatives and things began to move from there.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #63
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
This really didn't happen in an hour. It evolved over a couple of days.

I will take all the blame though.

I voted for three confrences and to pick teams after the game came out. After we picked the conferences for team selection I looked at the teams available there were 14 teams for twelve slots that meant that there would be 3-5 players that would be forced to use a team that they may not want. So I though about my votes, decided to change my selections, and mentioned a couple of alternatives and things began to move from there.

The thing is - I'm not saying the decisions are wrong (even though I disagree with one of them) - I'm saying the process is wrong.

If we felt a decision was wrong, we should have had a re-vote. Like I just sat and counted - there still were not enough votes for a majority wanting 4 conferences (or possibly even for it to have the most votes). But it "felt" like it because there were a few active members that were in favor of it.

If we want to change a previous vote because of new information, there should be a new vote - not just a few posts from people agreeing with the thought that the previous decision was wrong. This is just not how you run a league with 12 people involved - you don't make an official vote and then change it a few days later when 3 people decide to change their minds.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #64
wade moore
lolzcat

And to defend those like myself that haven't been as involved:

1) Some of us do not have the luxury of being on FOFC as often as others do
2) This forum is easy to miss being a sub-forum
3) It seemed that all of the official votes were done with. We had our league setup. We had our conferences picked. I was expecting to really not have anything happen until the game came out. So, I didn't pay as much attention to this forum. Next thing I know I have a bunch of PM's about how all of the rules changed.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #65
Ironhead
College Prospect

As far as I am concerned, and I imagine many others, we could have set up our league options using eeny meeny miney mo. Heck, we practically did with all the polls, discussions, re-discussions... I think folks are just finally excited to have an opportunity to participate in a league such as this with the fine folks of this community. The other details will be a distant thought once we hit the gridiron.

Also, aside from the general startup of the league the only other complicated functions will be choosing a set of sliders and advancing the league on a timely basis. The league pretty much auto runs itself on EA's servers after that.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #66
wade moore
lolzcat

The setup to the league establishes how we enjoy the game.

The range of choices of teams is HUGE for individual enjoyment of the game - I don't think it makes sense to ask for a vote and then go 180.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #67
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah seems there is already apathy setting in on our league... Meanwhile the night owls are drafting and keep on posting in their thread...

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

I think this was part of the decision as well. It already seemed as there was no iterest in our division as several people had not posted since being selected.

Then those who were active in the threads initiated discussion that got things in motion.

I am sorry you couldn't find the sub forum, but 4-5 days between responses, makes it appear that people don't care how the discussions are developing or are not interested in being involved in the league.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 07-02-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #68
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I do agree that the league hit a plateau and that perhaps panic set in as the other league trucked on, but I feel like things have leveled out and we're on the up and up now.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #69
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Have you guys picked your teams yet? Sheesh!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #70
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Everytime I see you post, I get the feeling I'm playing Catan on xbox (Settlers of Catan boardgame).
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #71
BigDPW
College Prospect

Since everyone seems to be pulling up my old posts...

I do think things moved a little too quickly to change the vote now - vote later option as well as going from 3-4 conferences... Probably should have had a re-vote to clarify where people stood...

I was on here alot over those few days that it all happened and I don't think being here made it any easier to follow...

That being said I am happy with the way things are going now and think that we shouldn't go back and rewrite all the rules now that the draft has started... I think wade has some good points but I am not sure that continuing to bring it all up in every post is really worth it... We should just settle in at this point and enjoy this...

I hope that we can keep this league on the right track and keep people interested because I really want to have a online dynasty to play in and now that I can play with my Wolfpack it is that much more important to me... This may be the only dynasty (online or not) that I have time to play this year so I need this league to work or it will be back to a single offline dynasty for me...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #72
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I do agree that the league hit a plateau and that perhaps panic set in as the other league trucked on, but I feel like things have leveled out and we're on the up and up now.

Well, whatever, I'll leave this all be after this post - and this post will be mild.

Again my point is that we hit the plateau and it seemed to me at least (and I'm guessing others) that we were at the point where not much was going to happen until the game came out. As you've posted now elsewhere about the fact that there's not much to do now - I thought that's how it was before when we had voted for how many conferences, what they would be, and that we would not pick teams now.

Quote: