Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL - When do we want to start?

No official poll, just seeing what works best for guys? I think a week after the game is released, but two weeks is fine too. What works for you guys?

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I think 1-2 weeks after the game is released is good. We can play a few games as our teams to try and develop a sense of their strengths and weaknesses. Also play afew games online and see what the lag situation is
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'm go with the flow. I know my time will be greatly increased after August 8th, but we need not wait til' then to start.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

I'd say two weeks. I'll be splitting my time at first between getting to know Ok State and playing with Rutgers.

Question: there has to be some kind of "clock" within the dynasty mode right? Like everyone needs to progress through each week within X days. Is that something that a commish can set?

Last edited by Logan : 07-09-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm up for whenever. I've been playing the demo a ton but will definitely be spending some time as Purdue in addition to Miss. St.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

dola- Have we picked a night/time that the games are to be played and I missed it?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
dola- Have we picked a night/time that the games are to be played and I missed it?

This is typically something you work out with your opponent for that week, assuming you play a human opponent. Usually it works like so...

There is a "general" weekly deadline set. By that deadline you should get your game played and all of your recruiting done, and then the commish will advance. On the weeks that you play a human opponent, you contact him and work out a time that you are both available and play your game then.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 07-09-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

I'd say a week or two - but to me there is a bigger thing to discuss (unless I missed it) - how long do we have to complete games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I'd say a week or two - but to me there is a bigger thing to discuss (unless I missed it) - how long do we have to complete games?

That is my next question. I am thinking five days. If everyone finishes before then we advance early.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
That is my next question. I am thinking five days. If everyone finishes before then we advance early.

This is why I ask. I'd have to really think about it, but I'm not 100% sure I can keep up with 5 days.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

5 days shouldn't be that hard considering you only have coincide with another persons schedule 3 times every year.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Should we push it to six days so there's always a full Saturday or Sunday included?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Should we push it to six days so there's always a full Saturday or Sunday included?

That could work. I think that six is a good compromise only because there will be weeks we all get done early, so we should keep a steady pace.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 AM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
That could work. I think that six is a good compromise only because there will be weeks we all get done early, so we should keep a steady pace.

Yeah, that would probably fit for me a lot better. Weeks where you absolutely have to do it on a weekday I can see becoming problematic personally. That was my real concern with a 5 day schedule.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #15
BigDPW
College Prospect

6 days sounds good to me.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote