Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #51
Anthony
Banned

does this change over time or is this the way its gonna be forever (as far as this league is concerned)?

Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #52
Ironhead
College Prospect

With the exception of maybe one or two of the ratings everything else can change from a year to year basis. Wins have the largest impact on improving the rankings.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Those Duke ratings are much better than I expected.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #54
Anthony
Banned

at least we're Elite at something.

"You want academics? We gots your academics right here."
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #55
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Pulled this information from NCAA 08:

Code:
DUKE NC STATE Academic Prestige Elite Very Good Campus Lifestyle Good Very Good Coach Experience Good Great Coach Prestige Fair Very Good Conference Prestige Great Great Championship Contender Fair Very Good Athletic Facilities Very Good Excellent Fan Base Good Great Pro Factory Fair Very Good Program Stability Sub Par Good Program Tradition Good Good T.V Exposure Very Good Very Good

As reference the ranking order is:
Elite
Excellent
Great
Very Good
Good
Fair
Sub Par
Poor

Any chance you have all twelve teams?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #56
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Any chance you have all twelve teams?

Ironhead posted all 12 teams in the "Team Prestige" thread
Old 07-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #57
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Ironhead posted all 12 teams in the "Team Prestige" thread

I didn't look in that thread before. Now I will. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #58
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I have a whole region of the country with no recruits to pull from. Want a kid from Montana? Gotta go through me first!

I'll be interested to see how CU plays. One reason I picked CU was having a sophomore QB who should have a fairly decent ceiling -- hopefully I can develop the team with Hawkins and not have to worry about recruiting a QB right out of the box. The whole team is young so I may to have to fling the ball a bit more than preferred, but I'm OK with that because I have played so much with the Missouri spread in recent years in the game that I'm comfortable throwing the ball. We'll see how comfortable I am facing you guys though.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #59
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I have a whole region of the country with no recruits to pull from. Want a kid from Montana? Gotta go through me first!

I'll be interested to see how CU plays. One reason I picked CU was having a sophomore QB who should have a fairly decent ceiling -- hopefully I can develop the team with Hawkins and not have to worry about recruiting a QB right out of the box. The whole team is young so I may to have to fling the ball a bit more than preferred, but I'm OK with that because I have played so much with the Missouri spread in recent years in the game that I'm comfortable throwing the ball. We'll see how comfortable I am facing you guys though.

One problems I have is I tend to force passes (of course, the interception problem last year didn't help, with the magically-AI defensive players who were supernatural).

Mississippi State has a lot of talent on defense. I'm much more comfortable in having a good defense to start out with, since I can recruit my kind of players on offense to get the system and play-calling I want without having to make the hard decisions on who to play (say I have a terrific power back, but doesn't have the speed, and I love a speedster-type player and recruit one-who do I play).

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-08-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #60
Galaxy
Coordinator

What type of recruiting class would we be realistic in getting in the first year or two? Would 3-stars be the focus?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 AM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Difficult to say. I think mine will be a mix of 2, 3 and the occasional 4 star players, but I might be wrong. For teams with a bit less prestige, I'd say it might be primarily 2 star players with some 3's mixed in. For teams with more starting prestige, it will probably be 3 and 4 star players.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #62
Galaxy
Coordinator

So what's the deal with HA?
Old 07-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #63
bhlloy
Coordinator

Bad news guys, my 360 is having serious freezing issues with a number of games. I'll let you know on Tuesday if NCAA is one of them, but if it is, wouldn't be fair to stay in the league (plus the 360 will probably be getting repaired when the league starts)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #64
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Bad news guys, my 360 is having serious freezing issues with a number of games. I'll let you know on Tuesday if NCAA is one of them, but if it is, wouldn't be fair to stay in the league (plus the 360 will probably be getting repaired when the league starts)

How long have you had the system? Where did you buy it? If you got it @ Best Buy and it's inside of the Manufacturers warranty, they will replace it for you and send it back to the Manufacturer for you (little known fact). If you bought it elswhere, I'd call that store and see what their warranty policies are.

I'm going to be away on my wedding/honeymoon for 3 weeks right smack dab in the middle of the season...so I don't think missing a couple weeks because of something you have no control over is going to be a huge deal.

Of course if all of this is just a huge charade to get out of playing your very first game (which everybody knows is against me), then I say shame on you sir.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #65
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
How long have you had the system? Where did you buy it? If you got it @ Best Buy and it's inside of the Manufacturers warranty, they will replace it for you and send it back to the Manufacturer for you (little known fact). If you bought it elswhere, I'd call that store and see what their warranty policies are.

I'm going to be away on my wedding/honeymoon for 3 weeks right smack dab in the middle of the season...so I don't think missing a couple weeks because of something you have no control over is going to be a huge deal.

Of course if all of this is just a huge charade to get out of playing your very first game (which everybody knows is against me), then I say shame on you sir.

hah... system is a little over a year old and was bought at Fry's. We'll see what happens when I buy the game on Tuesday, but just wanted to give a heads up.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #66
Galaxy
Coordinator

Didn't MS extend the warranty period to 2 or 3 years?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #67
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
So what's the deal with HA?

Still waiting to see how long he is in the box, but with Cringer communicating for him, it doesn't look like we'll have to lose him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Others are going to be gone for a week or two or a few weeks depending upon their schedules. While you might be at a disadvantage due to the time missed (if you have to send your 360 to be repaired), you are welcome to stay in the league if you wish.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #68
bhlloy
Coordinator

So my console finally RRoD'd this evening, just as I was sitting down to play. Any ETA on the league starting? Are we going to wait for a patch?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:08 AM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not going to wait for a patch (it could take months.) Planned start date is the 26th with a weekly time limit. Sucks about your 360