Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2005, 02:39 AM   #1
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

A Tauren's Tale

Introduction

Welcome to A Tauren's Tale, which will document the adventures of Warhoof, my Tauren warrior on the World of Warcraft (WoW) Shadow Council Roleplaying Server.

Having played a Dwarf Warrior to Level 40 over the last month or so, I finally decided to take a stab at trying the Horde.

I began this journey with serious trepidation, as I have always viewed the Alliance as "good" and the Horde as "evil." However, after playing Warhoof for just one session, I have come to realize that the line between good and evil in WoW is not easily discernable, and is largely a matter of perspective (see Anakin Skywalker )

I selected a Tauren for three reasons: 1) damage-dealing warriors are my favorite class in CRPGs; 2) I believe the Tauren are the the race best suited for the warrior class; and 3) they look cool.

If any of you have characters on the Shadow Council server, or are interested in starting one, be sure to send me an in-game tell or mail. I will always make time to help a fellow FOFCer!

Background

In simple terms, Warhoof is a massive, damage-dealing slaying machine.

Like all Tauren, he is the tallest of all the eight major races, standing a full eight feet. In addition, I believe Tauren the race best suited to be warriors, having great natural strength (28) and gaining an extra 5% health. Further, the Tauren War Stomp ability (which slows nearby enemies for five seconds) will not only help Warhoof escape imminent danger, but give him a decided advantage in Player vs. Player (PvP) combat against the Alliance.

Below are Warhoof's vital statistics at the start of the game.
Race:          Tauren
Class: Warrior
Level: 1

Strength: 28
Agility: 15
Stamina: 24
Intelligence: 15
Spirit: 22

Health: 84
Armor: 32
Attack Power: 39

Main Weapon: Battleworn Hammer, 2H, 1.4 DPS
Damage: 11-14

PvE Kills: 0
PvE Deaths: 0

PvP Kills: 0
PvP Deaths: 0
Honor Points: 0

Professions: None
Disclaimer

Before beginning, I want to make two disclaimers.

First, I will only update this thread occassionally and it may be several days, or even a week or so, between posts. While I hope the this thread will ultimately tell an interesting story, the primary purpose of the dynasty to simply make a record of Warhoof's adventures.

Second, in the small amount of time I have played Warhoof, I have noticed there seems to be a disproportionately high number of young and disruptive teens playing on the Horde side than Alliance side. I don't know if this is simply coincidence, or if my perception is true. Either way, if the endless string of "Leet Speak" on the general chat channels do not subside as I visit high-level zones, I plan on walking away and returning to my Alliance character.

Last edited by Grid Iron : 08-07-2005 at 05:32 AM.
Grid Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 AM   #2
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Funny you say that grid.. most of the horde side bitch that the alliance are immature.. but everytime i've played a horde alt.. its been like you say..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Regarding the maturity level, I played horde on RP servers for more than 120 levels worth of characters. The maturity level up to about level 20 is awful, and I really didn't see much of a difference between horde and alliance in those levels. I'd say two in ten players seem capable of intelligent speech. Some of the funniest, saddest memories I have are from pick-up groups going through Wailing Caverns and Ragefire Chasm. I would get dumber from just being in those groups.

After level 20 (as you work through the Barrens), you should start to see things even out on the horde side. Not sure why, but the less mature players seem to either vanish or be less noticeable after that.

As always, guilds and friends will also make those immature players be less a part of your experience.

Good luck! Look forward to reading this.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I've spent a fair bit of time playing World of Warcraft, first as a horde character (Orc Shaman on Hellscream server) and more recently as an alliance character (Human Mage on...you guessed it...Shadow Council! ). As far as maturity level goes, I'd have to say that it seems equally bad on both sides.

I'd been toying with the idea of doing something like this myself, so I will definitely be reading.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #5
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

h3y n00b stfu cuz ur bad 4nd i 0wnz0rz yu0
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #7
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
h3y n00b stfu cuz ur bad 4nd i 0wnz0rz yu0

OMFG! lmao.

tr4Nsl8, plz k thx.

BTW, I found out today that my work now block FOFC except for lunch hours.

Last edited by Grid Iron : 08-05-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #8
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

The Journey Begins

Warhoof’s journey starts in Camp Narache, located atop Red Cloud Mesa in Mulgore, the Tauren homeland.

Mulgore is a veritable oasis in the middle of the war-scorched lands of Kalimdor. Green rolling hills and tall evergreens stretch for as far as the eye can see in all directions.

Red Cloud Mesa is located at the southern end of Mulgore, overlooking Bloodhoof Village, which serves as a waypoint for those traveling to Thunder Bluff, the Tauren capital, far to the north.

Warhoof began his adventure hunting Plainstriders, Mountain Cougars and Battleboars, providing Camp Narache with much-needed food and materials for clothing.

Warhoof then journeyed to Brambleblade Ravine, a rocky gully located on the eastern side of Red Cloud Mesa that is protected by giant thorny bushes that stand over 20 feet high!

Inside the ravine live the vile Bristleback Quillboars, who continue to wage war against Camp Narache, and training the Battleboars to be malicious and encroach on the Tauren tribal hunting grounds.

Alone, Warhoof battled his way past scores of Bristlebacks, slaying any that blocked his path. As he searched the ravine for the Quillboar leader Chief Sharptusk Thornmantle, Warhoof discovered his assistant, Squealer and a Quillboar Shaman. Warhoof killed them both with ease and in doing so, discovered the Quillboars’ plans to attack Camp Narache! He quickly grabbed the plans, and continued his search for the Quillboar leader.

Warhoof eventually made his way to the middle of the Quillboar encampment, where he found the tent of Chief Sharptusk. Warhoof charged into the tent, unleashed a powerful Battle Shout, and proceeded to dispatch with Sharptusk’s only guard. Brimming with rage, Warhoof unleashed a flurry of Heroic Strikes upon the Quillboar Chieftain, the last one removing his head!

A Quillboar Shaman who was hiding in the corner of the tent tried in vain to avenge the death of his leader, but Warhoof quickly facilitated his path to the afterlife with a few quick blows with his mallet.

Victorious, Warhoof returned to Camp Narache with Sharptusks head, and turned over the attack plans to Chief Hawkwind.

Warhoof’s raid on Brambleblade Ravine not only eliminated the Quillboar threat on Red Cloud Mesa and saved Camp Narache from attack, but the young Tauren also completed the first step in the Rites of the Earthmother.

The Rites of the Earthmother are three steps a young Tauren must take to gain respect in Thunder Bluff. The first step is the Rite of Strength, which tests one’s bravery by slaying the enemies of the tribe. Warhoof completed the Rite of Strength by collecting 12 Bristleback Belts from the bodies of Quillboars in Brambleblade Ravine.

Warhoof’s next journey will take him to to Bloodhoof Village where he will seek out Chief Baine Bloodhoof to begin the next step of the Rites of the Earthmother.
Character Summary

Race: Tauren
Level: 6

Strength: 34
Agility: 19
Stamina: 29
Intelligence: 16
Spirit: 23

Health: 184
Armor: 244
Attack Power: 66
Main Weapon: Battleworn Hammer, 2H, 1.4 DPS
Damage: 16-19

PvE Kills: 116
PvE Deaths: 0

Professions: None

New Skills: Charge, Battle Shout, Parry, Rend, Thunder Clap

Last edited by Grid Iron : 08-07-2005 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:35 AM   #9
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Neat dynasty! I've recently started playing WoW again myself after a long absence, and have switched over to a RP server, Scarlet Crusade, from my former PVP server. Definitely a huge difference in the friendliness and maturity I have seen so far, on both sides of the war. I wish I had done this a long time ago, it's not that I mind doing PVP combat or getting ganked, I just got more and more tired of the immaturity and griefing mindset that many people on those servers have.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 AM   #10
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Actually, Grid, I wonder if you wouldn't like to have company in your dynasty, make it sort of a FOFC interactive thing by having some of us play with you in a group, you could still write it up, since you're obviously doing a hell of a nice job. I'd definitely be interested in starting a char on Shadow Council, though I couldn't give it full-time attention.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 AM   #11
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Good character choice with the Tauren warrior. That's what my main character is, and he's quite the sight charging in swinging his huge axe. I do have one advantage though, I always have my wife alongside playing a cleric. Makes life sooo much easier.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #12
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Actually, Grid, I wonder if you wouldn't like to have company in your dynasty, make it sort of a FOFC interactive thing by having some of us play with you in a group, you could still write it up, since you're obviously doing a hell of a nice job. I'd definitely be interested in starting a char on Shadow Council, though I couldn't give it full-time attention.

Great idea!

If anyone has, or starts, a character on Shadow Council, please post the name in this thread. Then, add Warhoof to your friends list and I'll do the same (assuming you are Horde).

Hopefully, some of us can group up when available and everyone can read about it here! (I typically play from 6pm to 8pm PST M-F, and early a.m./late p.m. on weekends.)

As for Alliance FOFCers on Shadow Council, I look forward to killing you at Warsong Gulch!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #13
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche
Good character choice with the Tauren warrior. That's what my main character is, and he's quite the sight charging in swinging his huge axe. I do have one advantage though, I always have my wife alongside playing a cleric. Makes life sooo much easier.

LOL.

With a healer close by, the warrior is pretty much unstoppable. Especially a Tauren.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #14
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Grilge is a Level 41 Troll Mage on Shadow Council. Currently he's on a bit of a hiatus, though.

I've enjoyed Shadow Council. The good attempts at RP seem to keep most of the kiddies away. The big clans seem to set a good atmosphere for the server.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:47 AM   #15
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Grilge is a Level 41 Troll Mage on Shadow Council. Currently he's on a bit of a hiatus, though.

I've enjoyed Shadow Council. The good attempts at RP seem to keep most of the kiddies away. The big clans seem to set a good atmosphere for the server.

Cool! Added to my friends for his (future) return.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #16
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I made a Tauren druid named Kirne on the server, though your times look fairly impossible for me, though I can probably meet up for some weekend play or on Friday nights.

Last edited by Peregrine : 08-08-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #17
condors
College Starter

Grid Iron-I am planning on making an undead shadow priest think we would make a pretty good team and after this week i should be getting home 3pm EST which i think is 6 pm PST

If you have a suggestion for a better guy to dual with let me know
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #18
Critch
lolzcat

I had successfully kicked my WoW addiction, but I've got the feeling I'm being drawn back in again. Need to cancel CoH and re-activate the WoW.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #19
Blackadar
Retired

Re: The earlier immaturity comments.

The Barrens is awful for the lack of maturity in general chat. I noticed it as well. But after that, I've had few problems.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #20
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
Grid Iron-I am planning on making an undead shadow priest think we would make a pretty good team and after this week i should be getting home 3pm EST which i think is 6 pm PST

If you have a suggestion for a better guy to dual with let me know

Priests make anyone they group with a good team, and you'll never be wanting for finding others to adventure with.

The times are reversed, 6pm EST being 3pm PST, but be sure to let me know your character's name and I'll put him in my friends list so I'll know when you are logged on or off.

Undead is a great choice, but they start on another continent. I don't know how difficult it is to make that trip or what a "safe" level would be for a low-level character. I know several undead who have made the trip to Orgrimmar, but they are all 10+ in level.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #21
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
I had successfully kicked my WoW addiction, but I've got the feeling I'm being drawn back in again. Need to cancel CoH and re-activate the WoW.

[MYSTERIOUS VOICE]

Come. . . Join the Horde. . . WoW is calling to you. . .

[/MYSTERIOUS VOICE]
Old 08-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #22
condors
College Starter

Yorlik level 4 undead priest is at your service
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 AM   #23
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Undead can get to Orgrimmar easily via the zeppelin, and from there it's a quick run to Crossroads.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #24
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
Yorlik level 4 undead priest is at your service

Yorlik added to friends list!
Old 08-10-2005, 05:41 AM   #25
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Is Warhoof going up a lot in levels between updates Grid? I will try to level up Kirne a bit if so, so if we ever get to meet then we'll be somewhat close.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #26
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Is Warhoof going up a lot in levels between updates Grid? I will try to level up Kirne a bit if so, so if we ever get to meet then we'll be somewhat close.

Next update should be today, and he's now level 12.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #27
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Heh, definitely a lot of work then!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #28
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

The Rites of the Earthmother

The next step in Warhoof’s journey brought him to Bloodhoof Village , located just below Red Cloud Mesa, to complete the second step of the Rites of the Earthmother: the Rite of Vision.

To complete the Rite of Vision, Warhoof gathered well stones and ambercorn, which were used to create the Water of the Seers, a powerful potion granting spiritual visions to the imbiber. Upon drinking the mystical water, a ghostly wolf appeared and led Warhoof on a journey to a hidden cave high along the western edge of Mulgore.

Inside the cave was Seer Wiserunner, who congratulated Warhoof for completing the Rite of Vision and instructed him on the final step of the Rites of the Earthmother: the Rite of Wisdom.

To complete the Rite of Wisdom, Warhoof traveled to the Red Rocks of northern Mulgore, where he spoke with one of the Tauren Ancestral Spirits. Warhoof was told that the Ancestral Spirits were the mighty Tauren who gave their lives to found and protect Thunder Bluff long ago. Now, having passed the Rites of the Earthmother, the duty to defend the Tauren homeland had passed to Warhoof.

Warhoof immediately set out to fulfill his duty as protector of the Tauren people by eliminating three grave threats to Mulgore and Thunder Bluff.

First, Warhoof wiped out a tribe of Paleman Gnolls which took up residence near Bloodhoof Village. The gnolls continually engaged in the unbridled killing of wildlife and disrespected Tauren attempts at communication, leaving no other option but force to stop the desecration of Mulgore.

Second, Warhoof shut down the Bael'Dun Digsite , a dwarven excavation site built along the mountains of western Mulgore, which defiled the Tauren’s sacred land. Warhoof approached the dwarves in the hopes of negotiating a diplomatic solution, but was attacked immediately by the invaders. With no hope of a peaceful outcome, Warhoof killed the dwarves and destroyed their digging equipment.

Third, and most significantly, Warhoof put an end to the Venture Co. in Mulgore.

The Venture Co. is a Goblin organization that exploits the natural resources of Azeroth for profit. The company has business interests across the globe and recently arrived in Mulgore, setting up camps across the valley and defiling the sacred Tauren water wells in the process.

Warhoof’s first order of business was to cleanse the three main water wells using mystical totems provided to him by Mull Thunderhorn.

After cleansing the wells, Warhoof learned that a group of Tauren recently raided a Venture Co. caravan north of Bloodhoof Village and set it ablaze. Days after the raid, however, several Venture Co. employees were seen rummaging through the debris.

At the direction of Morin Cloudstalker, a Tauren Outrunner, Warhoof investigated the caravan’s remains and discovered a letter from Venture Co. President Razdunk to the leader of the company’s operations in Mulgore, Supervisor Fizsprocket. The letter revealed that the Venture Co. had a mining project currently underway in Mulgore and planned to eventually build a lumber mill!

After reading the letter, Warhoof heard the sounds of work from the foothills to the east and smoke rising from a large fire. Warhoof decided to investigate, and discovered the Venture Co. Mine !

Upon arriving at the mine, Warhoof joined forces with Omaja the Tauren Druid, to defeat the hostile invaders. The two began by slaughtering the Venture Co. base camp located just below the mine entrance.

Then, Warhoof and Omaja moved smoothly through the mine, killing every worker and supervisor in sight until they reached Supervisor Fizsprocket himself!

The small goblin was no match for the two powerful Tauren, who took down the leader of the Venture Co. Mine in short order. The threat, at least for now, was over.

Warhoof took the clipboard from Fizsprocket’s cold, dead hand as proof of his death and delivered it to Morin Cloudstalker, victorious.

In return for eliminating the Venture Co. threat in Mulgore, Morin presented Warhoof with a new mace: the Goblin Smasher!

Having put an end to the Venture Co.’s defilement of Mulgore, and armed with a powerful new weapon, Warhoof now begins the journey to Thunder Bluff and the many adventures that await him. . .
Character Summary

Level: 12

Strength: 43
Agility: 23
Stamina: 36
Intelligence: 16
Spirit: 25

Health: 303
Armor: 362
Attack Power: 102
Main Weapon: Goblin Smasher, 2H Mace (8.2 DPS; +2 Str)
Damage: 42-54

PvE Kills: 498
PvE Deaths: 5

Professions: First Aid (55/75), Cooking (31/75), Fishing (25/75)

New Skills: Battle Shout (2), Bloodrage, Hamstring,
Heroic Strike (2), Overpower, Rend (2)

New Talents: Improved Rend (3 points)

Last edited by Grid Iron : 08-10-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:01 PM   #29
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Thunder Bluff

Having dealt a serious blow to the vile Venture Co.’s mining efforts in Mulgore, Warhoof earned the privilege to enter the great Tauren city of Thunder Bluff .

Upon his arrival, Warhoof immediately obtained an audience with the Tauren leader, Chief Cairne Bloodhoof. Cairne congratulated Warhoof on completing the Rites of the Earthmother and welcomed him to the Tauren city. One final task remained, however, for Warhoof to become a respected hunter of the Tauren: find and kill Arra’chea, the ancient earth-shaking Kodo that roams the grassy plains below Thunder Bluff.

Warhoof hunted Arra’chea and, with the help of two Tauren druids, Halecent and Punba, brought down the great beast. Warhoof retrieved Arra’chea’s horn and delivered it personally to Cairne, who rewarded him with a set of Kodo Hunter's Leggings, making our hero an even deadlier foe.

Having secured his place among the great hunters of Thunder Bluff, Warhoof decided to gain more experience before leaving Mulgore.

Warhoof killed Windfury Harpies for their linen to perfect his first aid bandaging techniques. He hunted Stalkers and Swoop to develop his cooking skill. He fished extensively at Stonebull Lake to round out his skill as an angler. Last, he gathered Earthroot, Peacebloom, and Silverleaf to improve his newly acquired herbalism and alchemy skills.

Having reached level 14 and achieved journeyman status in all five of his professions, Warhoof is now ready to begin the next step in his warrior training. To do that, he must now make the long journey across the dangerous Barrens to Far Watch Post to learn from the great warrior Uzzek.

Before departing, however, Warhoof engaged in a lively debate with several Tauren and Orc concerning the inclusion of the Forsaken in the Horde: Lortalc, Nosk, Nardok, and Tagorak.

While the Forsaken willingly assist the Horde in the war against the Alliance, Warhoof cannot shake the feeling that the undead are allies to the Orc, Tauren and Trolls only out of convenience. If the Forsaken successfully create a plague that will turn humanity into undead, what would stop them from conquering all of Kalimdor? What would stop them from trying to transform the other races of the Horde into unspeakable horrors? Perhaps the defeat of the Alliance will simply mean the end of one war, and the beginning of another. . .
Character Summary

Level: 14

Strength: 46
Agility: 29
Stamina: 38
Intelligence: 17
Spirit: 26

Health: 344
Armor: 456
Attack Power: 114
Main Weapon: Goblin Smasher, 2H Mace (8.2 DPS; +2 Str)
Damage: 45-57

PvE Kills: 782

Professions: Alchemy (75/150), Cooking (77/150), First Aid (75/150),
Fishing (77/150), Herbalism (91/165)

New Recipes: Brilliant Smallfish, Heavy Linen Bandage,
Spiced Wolf Meat, Weak Troll's Blood Potion

New Skills: Demoralizing Shout, Gun Proficiency

New Talents: Deflection (2 points)

Last edited by Grid Iron : 08-11-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #30
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

The Warrior’s Path

After a long trek across the Barrens, Warhoof arrived at Far Watch Post, which guards the entrance to the Orc homeland of Durotar.

There, our hero met the great Orc warrior Uzzek. When Warhoof proved his skill in battle by obtaining five singed scales from the monstrous Thunder Lizards living in Durotar, Uzzek taught the young Tauren three new skills: Defensive Stance, Sunder Armor, and Taunt.

Uzzek then instructed Warhoof to seek out Thun’grim Firegaze, a renowned Orc blacksmith. Thun’grim, Uzzek told Warhoof, would fashion him a magnificent a weapon fit for a warrior of the Horde.

Warhoof found the reclusive Thun’grim living in solitude high atop the hills east of the Crossroads. After Warhoof recovered some forged steel bars that several Razormanes stole from Thun’grim days earlier, the great blacksmith fashioned a beautiful one-handed axe for the young warrior.

Armed with Thun'grim's Axe, and his Tribal Warrior's Shield, which he received as a gift from Eyahn Eagletalon in Thunder Bluff, Warhoof is off to Durotar to aid his Orc allies. . .
Character Summary

Level: 14

Strength: 44
Agility: 29
Stamina: 39
Spirit: 26

Health: 344
Armor: 695
Attack Power: 110
Main Weapon: Thun’grim’s Axe, 1H Axe (7.8 DPS, +1 Sta)
Damage: 35-50

PvE Kills: 794

Professions: Alchemy (75/150), Cooking (77/150), First Aid (75/150),
Fishing (77/150), Herbalism (93/165)

New Recipes: None.

New Skills: Defensive Stance, Sunder Armor, Taunt

New Talents: None
Old 08-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #31
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

The Shadow Council Returns

It wasn’t long after Warhoof’s arrival in Durotar that he discovered a threat to the Horde even greater than that posed by the Alliance: the return of the Shadow Council.

The Shadow Council was a cult of Orc warlocks that nearly destroyed their entire race a generation ago. Seduced by the promise of unbridled power, the Shadow Council betrayed their own people and transformed the once noble, shamanistic Orcs into the bloodthirsty army of the Burning Legion, an assembly of demons bent on destroying Azeroth. Once the transformation was complete, the Shadow Council opened the Dark Portal, giving the Burning Legion’s newest soldiers passage from the orc home planet of Draenor to the World of Azeroth, beginning the First War.

Ironically, the Shadow Council’s traitorous nature ultimately led to its own destruction, and allowed the Alliance to triumph over the Burning Legion.

The composition of the new Shadow Council is currently a mystery. As Warhoof eventually discovered, however, several demonic cults have sworn allegiance to the new Shadow Council and work to advance an agenda that threatens to undermine all that the Orcs, and the Horde, have achieved. Once such cult is The Burning Blade.

Warhoof’s investigation of the Burning Blade began in the Valley of Trials, where he destroyed one of the cult’s recruiters, Yarrog Baneshadow, who was attempting to gain a foothold in the area.

A medallion recovered from Baneshadow led Warhoof to Razor Hill, where Warhoof learned that Fizzle Darkstorm, a lieutenant of The Burning Blade, had a base within Thunder Ridge near Orgrimmar.

Assisted by Kaybok the Orc Hunter and Kargor the Orc Warrior, Warhoof defeated Fizzle in a spectacular and ferocious battle. Darkstorm’s minions brought down a rain of evil magic upon Warhoof as he went blade-to-blade with Fizzle. With one comrade dead, another engaged in battle with other cultists, and Warhoof close to death, the mighty Tauren warrior called upon the Earthmother to give him the strength to defeat the evil Darkstorm!

Like a lightning bolt, the Earthmother answered his call as Warhoof’s mallet delivered a vicious blow, taking off the head of the Burning Blade lieutenant.

Having defeated Fizzle, Warhoof dashed for safety outside of the Burning Blade encampment. After applying a bandage and quaffing a healing potion, Warhoof charged back into battle and destroyed the surviving cultists.

Warhoof’s victory, while important, was just the beginning of his crusade against the Burning Blade. Shortly after Fizzle’s defeat, Warhoof met with Neeru Fireblade, a renowned warlock in Orgrimmar, in the hopes of ending the Burning Blade threat.

Fireblade told Warhoof that the Burning Blade obtained its power from a magical stone, known as the Demon Seed. The Seed was kept in a cave, high atop Dreadmist Peak in the Barrens. Neeru instructed Warhoof to find Ak'Zeloth at Far Watch post for instructions on how to destroy the Seed.

Ak’Zeloth expressed surprise that Neeru wanted the Seed destroyed, but nonetheless gave Warhoof the means to do it: a power stone.

Warhoof traveled across the Barrens to the top of Dreadmist Peak, where he slaughtered countless cultists, making his way into the cave of the Demon Seed. There, he placed the power stone on the altar and a great surge of energy was released from the Seed, turning it lifeless and black.

Upon returning to Far Watch Post, Ak’Zeloth advised Warhoof that, "the destruction of the Demon Seed sent waves of power through the ether, waves of staggering force. I felt them, and I am sure other beings did as well. Others who will wonder why their toy was broken. . ."

At the time, Warhoof believed he had dealt a serious blow to the Burning Blade. The Tauren warrior would later discover, however, that he was merely a pawn in a much larger game. . .

(To Be Continued)

Last edited by Grid Iron : 08-16-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #32
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Cool. How's it been to travel across the Barrens at such a low level? As an Orc or Troll you stay pretty much contained to Durotar for a good while.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:11 PM   #33
Peregrine
Pro Starter

He's level 14, that's the normal level you start grinding in the Barrens, I usually move there around 11 or 12.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #34
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Ragefire Chasm

Shortly after the Seed’s destruction, Warhoof met with Thrall, Warchief of Orgrimmar and leader of the Orc people. Kneeling before the great Orc leader, Warhoof learned that rather than thwart he the Burning Blade by destroying the Demon Seed, he had actually aided it. The warlock Neeru Fireblade, Thrall told a shocked Warhoof, was in fact the Burning Blade’s leader.

A patient and calculating orc, Thrall explained to Warhoof that he did not want the traitor killed just yet. Rather, Thrall wished to turn the tables on Neeru, using him to learn more about the Burning Blade’s plans.

Bearing an insignia he obtained from a Burning Blade lieutenant at Skull Rock, Warhoof returned to Neeru and asked him about the Burning Blade's plans.

Believing Warhoof was a member of the vile cult, Neeru revealed that the Shadow Council had been reborn: “The Burning Blade IS the Shadow Council! There are many cults and organizations under the Council’s rule, but all of them are just extensions of their will. I may lead the Burning Blade, but I am still just as much a pawn to the Council as you are to me!

Fireblade went on to explain that he was using another cult, the Searing Blade, to strengthen the Shadow Council. The Searing Blade was another demonic cult that inhabited Ragefire Chasm beneath the City of Orgrimmar, aspiring to infest the great Orc city with its demonic influence and, ultimately, replace the Shadow Council.

Neeru explained to Warhoof how he used the Searing Blade’s presence in Ragefire Chasm to the benefit of the Burning Blade. “I constantly send Thrall’s worshippers at them. It gives Thrall the impression that I am weeding out evil in the bowels of his great city. The victory is in reality twofold: kill Thrall’s faithful and test the strength of those in the Searing Blade to see if they are truly worthy of joining me.”

Neeru added that all of the Searing Bladeare expendable, save for their leaders, Bazzalan the Satyr, and Jergosh the Warlock.

After advising Thrall of this information, the Orc leader decided to send the young Tauren on a particularly dangerous mission to disrupt Neeru’s plans in Orgrimmar: enter Ragefire Chasm and destroy the Searing Blade, including their leaders Bazzalan and Jergosh!

A group of those loyal to Thrall was organized for the assault on Ragefire Chasm. The party of brave adventurers included Warhoof, Asicsoul the Undead Priest, Jeziboa the Troll Shaman, Ryll the Undead Warrior and Zental the Tauren Druid.

Together, the five fought their way through wave after wave of enemies in hellish Ragefire Chasm, including elite Ragefire Troggs, Earthborers, and Molten Elementals to reach the stronghold of the Searing Blade.

The first Searing Blade leader to fall was the Searing Blade’s head of security, Taragaman the Hungerer.

Next was Jergosh, whose minions were not strong enough to save him.

The final battle against Bazzalan and his guards in the deepest recesses of Ragefire Chasm was spectacular indeed. The air was filled with ash and smoke from the great pools of fire, with huge spouts of molten rock and iron spraying upward as if celebrating the ultimate conflict between good and evil.

Warhoof concentrated his attacks on Bazzalan, sundering his armor and dealing several heroic strikes upon the evil satyr, the last of which plunged into the beast’s heart. Bazzalan, defeated, let out a blood-curdling wail and fell lifeless to the ground. Together, Thrall’s heroes hoisted his twisted body and hurled it into the fires, destroying him forever.

After annihilating the Searing Blade, Thrall asked Warhoof to gauge Neeru’s reaction to the loss of the Searing Blade leaders. In doing so, the Tauren learned more valuable information. Although disappointed by the loss of the Bazzalan and Jergosh, Neezu explained that the Burning Blade would continue its current plans in The Barrens and Ashenvale. Neeru, however, declined to elaborate.

Upon returning to Thrall, Warhoof was rewarded with the Axe of Orgrimmar, a powerful weapon. The Tauren’s work investigating the Burning Blade, said Thrall, was done for now. The Orc leader explained that his close advisors would continue the investigation of the Burning Blade. He told Warhoof, however, that he might call for his assistance in the future.

Surely, the victory in Ragefire Chasm had surely dealt a serious blow to the Burning Blade and Shadow Council. But one question still lingers in Warhoof’s mind which, ironically, was the same question Az’Zelok asked Warhoof at Far Watch Post: why would the Neeru want the Demon Seed destroyed? What purpose could that serve? Only time will tell if the Tauren warrior will find the answer. . .
Character Summary

Level: 18

Strength: 69
Agility: 31
Stamina: 59
Spirit: 27

Health: 607
Armor: 876
Attack Power: 172
Main Weapon: Axe of Orgrimmar, 2H Axe (11.8 DPS, +3 Str, +3 Sta)
Damage: 71-88

PvE Kills: 1374
PvE Deaths: 7

Professions: Alchemy (77/150), Cooking (77/150), First Aid (90/150),
Fishing (77/150), Herbalism (113/165)

New Recipes: Anti-Venom, Elixir of Minor Fortitude, Lesser Healing Potion,
Minor Mana Potion, Minor Rejuvenation Potion, Wool Bandage

New Skills: Disarm, Heroic Strike (3), Shield Bash,
Shield Block, Revenge

New Talents: Improved Charge, Tactical Mastery (2 points each)
Old 08-18-2005, 07:02 AM   #35
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Great writeups! It looks like you had a good group makeup for RFC.

I still have the Burning Blade Lieutenant's Insignia I got from Thrall for this quest. Does anyone know if it's important to keep?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #36
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Great writeups! It looks like you had a good group makeup for RFC.

I still have the Burning Blade Lieutenant's Insignia I got from Thrall for this quest. Does anyone know if it's important to keep?

Once you finish Ragefire Chasm, I don't think you need it anymore.

However, I'm keeping it in my bank deposit box for the time being.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #37
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Bump.

Grilge hit up Scarlet Monastery for the 2nd time two nights ago, but the group fell apart after the Library. Luckily Grilge was able to get the two books he needed for various quests. Unlikely Doan didn't drop his Illusionary Rod.

Grilge then got called to do a group for Gnomeregan, which he'd never actually considered doing. Neat little instance. The group (and especially Grilge) were a bit overpowered for the instance, but it was fun just the same. He got some good greens for the Auction House, which should help his cash flow situation, which was horribly depleted after getting his mount.

Right now he's also levelling Alchemy after dropping Skinning for it, and is about half-way to catching up with his Herbalism. Only a few more hours of trawling the Barrens....

I've seen that Warhoof has been in Wailing Caverns & Shadow Fang Keep recently, so if he does update, he should have some good updates.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #38
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
I've seen that Warhoof has been in Wailing Caverns & Shadow Fang Keep recently, so if he does update, he should have some good updates.

Updates coming soon!

I must say that Gnomeragan is much harder than the recommended levels (24-33), unless you have a full raid group of 10. I think my Alliance character only finished it with a group in the 38-40 range.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #39
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Jeez, Gnomeregan didn't seem all that hard. But we had a Level 40 Warrior, Level 41 Mage (me), Level 29 Priest, Level 30 Rogue and Level 37 Druid. Interestingly, the Druid, who was Restoration-specced, did the majority of the healing while the Priest played mage until the final boss. I mostly finished off runners and did a lot of AOE.

I think it'd be hard the first time you did it. For instance, if you don't know to silence those Alarm Bots immediately, you're in for a world of hurt. It would also be hard to do if you didn't have someone with good AOE, as there are a number of places where you get a bit swarmed.

Luckily, 3 of the group had done it multiple times, so it was a breeze.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #40
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Into the Caverns. . .

After conquering Ragefire Chasm, Warhoof set out to destroy the evil that lurked within the Wailing Caverns, located southwest of the Crossroads in the Barrens.
Recently, a night elf druid named Naralex discovered a network of underground caverns within the heart of the Barrens. Dubbed the 'Wailing Caverns', these natural caves were filled with steam fissures which produced long, mournful wails as they vented. Naralex believed he could use the caverns' underground springs to restore lushness and fertility to the Barrens - but to do so would require siphoning the energies of the fabled Emerald Dream. Once connected to the Dream however, the druid's vision somehow became a nightmare. Soon the Wailing Caverns began to change - the waters turned foul and the once-docile creatures inside metamorphosed into vicious, deadly predators. It is said that Naralex himself still resides somewhere inside the heart of the labyrinth, trapped beyond the edges of the Emerald Dream. Even his former acolytes, have been corrupted by their master's waking nightmare - transformed into the wicked Druids of the Fang.
Nara Wildmane, a Tauren Elder of Thunder Bluff, told Warhoof that the Druids of the Fang, Lady Anacondra, Lord Cobrahn, Lord Pythas, and Lord Serpentis, each possess a Dream Gem. These gems, Nara explained, gives the Druids the power to remake the Barrens “to match their own, twisted dreams.” Warhoof’s mission was to destroy the Druids of the Fang and return the gems to Nara in Thunder Bluff, so the Barrens would be free from the influence of The Fang.

Warhoof made two forays into the Wailing Caverns. With the help of heroes such as Kamish the Tauren Shaman, Shenzen the Troll Mage, Kadath the Undead Priest, Raogrim and Tobal the Orc Warriors, and Biobane the Undead Warrior, the Druids of the Fang were destroyed and their Dream Gems delivered to Nara Wildmane in Thunder Bluff.

In addition, Warhoof and his companions freed Naralex from his prison in the Emerald Dream. One of Naralex’s few remaining disciples, who had not yet been corrupted by the evil of the Wailing Caverns, led Warhoof’s group to the cave where his master lived in eternal slumber.

The Disciple performed a mystical ceremony, reaching into the Emerald Dream and pulling his master from that horrible and unnatural place. Before being freed from his nightmare prison, however, Naralex’s poisoned mind conjured a vision of a horrific beast which transformed into reality before Warhoof’s eyes: Mutanus the Devourer!

A hunched, scaly beast from the depths, Mutanus put up a vicious battle. Slashing with his huge claws and casting evil charms, Mutanus nearly destroyed Warhoof and his companions. The righteous, however, prevailed, slaying the vile abomination with a flurry of steel and magic! Naralex was freed from the Emerald Dream and the Barrens saved.

Warhoof gained two magical items from his journey to the Wailing Caverns. First, he obtained a Mutant Scale Breastplate from the body of Mutanas. Second, Nara Wildmane gave Warhoof a Wingblade as a reward for his heroism.

To use his new sword, however, Warhoof must travel to the ruins of Lordaeron and train with Archibald, the great Undead warrior of the Undercity. With feelings of both sadness and anticipation, the young Tauren boards the flying zeppelin from Ogrimmar that will take him across the ocean, from his home to an unfamiliar and mysterious land. . .
Character Summary

Level: 23

Strength: 95
Agility: 39
Stamina: 89
Intelligence: 21
Spirit: 38

Health: 1001
Armor: 1454
Attack Power: 239
Main Weapon: Wingblade, 1H Sword (15.7 DPS, +5 Agi, +2 Sta)
Damage: 61-83

PvE Kills: 1955
PvE Deaths: 22

Professions: Alchemy (111/150), Cooking (77/150), First Aid (109/150),
Fishing (77/150), Herbalism (142/165)

New Skills: Cleave, Demoralizing Shout, Intimidating Shout,
Taunt

New Talents: Improved Overpower, Deep Wounds
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I actually finished the Wailing Caverns on the first try, but went back a second time to finish the Deviate Eradication quest, as I fell one deviate short. I'm glad I did, as it was the second attempt in which I obtained the Mutant Scale Armor!

Last edited by Grid Iron : 08-22-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:02 PM   #41
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

In the Shadow of Evil

After traveling across the Great Sea on an airborne zeppelin, Warhoof was relieved to get back onto solid ground. Upon his arrival in Tirisfal Glades, the young Tauren was amazed at what he saw.

Before him were the spectacular remains of Lordaeron, the once great city that now serves only to conceal Undercity, the homeland of the Forsaken.

Warhoof walked slowly through the splintered gates of Lordaeron, past the remnants of a once-beautiful courtyard, to the throne room of Lordaeron. There, he stood in awe of the very place where Prince Arthas, controlled by the Lich King, murdered his own father—King Terenas.

While at Undercity, Warhoof trained to use his Wingblade from the great Archibald, an undead warrior of renown. Armed with the skill to use his powerful new weapon, Warhoof intended to return to Kalimdor. Before leaving, however, Warhoof was called to serve the Forsaken.

Despite Warhoof’s apprehension about aiding the Forsaken, and their plans to develop a plague to transform humanity into the undead, the young Tauren knew that his job first and foremost is to aid his allies, no matter what his personal feelings might be.

Dalar Dawnweaver, a servant of the leader of the Forsaken, Sylvanas Windrunner, tasked Warhoof to bring him the head of the Archmage Arugal, who controlled Shadowfang Keep:

During the Third War, the wizards of the Kirin Tor battled against the undead armies of the Scourge. When the wizards of Dalaran died in battle, they would rise soon after - adding their former might to the growing Scourge. Frustrated by their lack of progress (and against the advice of his peers) the Archmage Arugal elected to summon extra-dimensional entities to bolster Dalaran's diminishing ranks. Arugal's summoning brought the ravenous worgen into the world of Azeroth. The feral wolf-men slaughtered not only the Scourge, but quickly turned on the wizards themselves. The worgen sieged the keep of the noble, Baron Silverlaine. Situated above the tiny hamlet of Pyrewood, the keep quickly fell into shadow and ruin. Driven mad with guilt, Arugal adopted the worgen as his children and retreated to the newly dubbed 'Shadowfang Keep'. It's said he still resides there, protected by his massive pet, Fenrus - and haunted by the vengeful ghost of Baron Silverlaine.
As long as Arugal was alive, Dalar explained, the Forsaken could never claim Shadowfang Keep as a stronghold.

So, to Shadowfang Keep Warhoof went with four companions:, Breglatok the Orc Rogue, Lexany the Undead Warrior, Treal the Troll Shaman, and Uva the Undead Priest. Into the keep they battled, slaying ghostly apparitions and worgen alike, as well as the giant wolf Fenrus, to reach Arugal’s lair high atop the Keep.

Warhoof was the first to charge into battle, laying a devastating blow upon the Archmage. Arugal quickly teleported around the room to avoid Warhoof’s attacks and use his dark magic.

Warhoof, badly injured from the fight, finally cornered Arugal on a ledge and delivered a series of blows with his shield to disrupt the Archmage's magic and with his sword to end his life. Just before Warhoof delivered the killing blow, however, Arugal cast one final spell in desperation and the young Tauren fell lifeless to the ground.

Fortunately, Warhoof had sufficiently weakened Arugal so that his companions made quick work of the Archmage. Upon being resurrected by Uva, Warhoof returned to Dalar with Arugal’s head and received the Seal of Sylvanas as a reward for giving control of Shadowfang Keep to the Forsaken.

Now, Warhoof must return to his homeland. For across the Great Sea, the young Tauren can hear the drums of war beating in Warsong Gulch. . .
Character Summary

Level: 24

Strength: 1111
Agility: 38
Stamina: 108
Intelligence: 18
Spirit: 33

Health: 1237
Armor: 1619
Attack Power: 274
Main Weapon: Wingblade, 1H Sword (15.7 DPS, +5 Agi, +2 Sta)
Damage: 67-89

PvE Kills: 2022
PvE Deaths: 34

Professions: Alchemy (111/150), Cooking (77/150), First Aid (109/150),
Fishing (77/150), Herbalism (143/165)

New Skills: Execute, Dual Wield
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This will be my last entry for three weeks, as I leave for Peru tomorrow. But as soon as I get back, so will Warhoof. I definitely look forward to sharing the stories of his exploits in Warsong Gulch.

In addition, I wanted to show everyone a screenshot of Warhoof in his full suit of War Paint armor, taken after his foray into the Wailing Caverns.

He has since improved the quality of his equipment, but I really love this set.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #42
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Cool!