Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Manchester United: The Beginning of the end?

Greetings to everyone reading this. This is the electronic journal of Christopher Engles.

I'm a 41 year old manager who is considered a great manager. I started out my first season of managing professional football at Harrogate Town in the English Conference North back when I was 29. During my first season, I didn't know if I was going to make it through to a second. We had some rocky games in that first season. Fortunately, I showed enough improvement in the 2nd half of the season, that they gave me a chance to come back for another season. You can read about my first season as manager in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=32963

In my second season as manager, I really developed a system and brought in some good talent. Thanks to their play, I managed to help Harrogate win promotion from the English Conference North. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33340

In my third season, we continued to gather talent and we continued to win. We won the English Conference National Title and were promoted to League Two. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33908

In my fourth season, after some early struggles, the team adapted to League Two play and we went on a tear in the second half of the season. Thanks to our hot play, we won the English League Two Title and were promoted to League One. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=34430

In my fifth season, I had to make a very hard decision. The team was struggling in League One as the board had continued to refuse to expand the stadium over the years. We were losing money. We didn't have the money to keep our top players. We were floundering. My status was very high and I was being offered several high profile jobs because of what I had done with Harrogate. I made the hard decision to leave Harrogate in midseason and I moved to Wigan. I suddenly had massive amounts of money. I sent some of it to Harrogate Town for a few of my favorite players. You can read about my fifth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=35300

In my sixth season, I managed to bring in some potent talent to Wigan via Bosman signings. Thanks to that talent, we won the English Championship with a 99 point season in which we had 30 wins, 9 draws, and 7 losses. I was glad to see that my new system worked nicely at this higher talent level. You can read about my sixth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36645

Then, in my seventh season, I knew that Wigan would have a hard time staying in the EPL and I also knew that Manchester United had a coaching vacancy. It took well over a month, but just before league play started Manchester United approached me and offered me the manager's job. I felt bad leaving Wigan after only a year and a half, but this was the golden ring I had been trying to reach. I quickly took the job. I had moderate to good success in my seventh season as I brought in a few very talented players, including wonderkids Adriano and Craig King. We also brought in the very talented Stewart Downing at left wing. As a result, we improved from the previous finish of 5th place to a 2nd place team. You can read about the seventh season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36968

In my eighth season, we enjoyed great success. We had an early battle with Chelsea for the EPL lead. Eventually, our offense really started popping. Wayne Rooney had his best season ever as a Red Devil. Our defense came together. We won the EPL Title. We also won the English Cup Title. However, we fell short of the quadruple and lost in the final of the Champions League and the English FA Cup. Those were both disappointing losses. A developing story all year long was Wayne Rooney's dissatisfaction that I would not let him go to Milan or another "more prestigious club" that made huge offers for him. You can read about the eighth season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37396

In my ninth season, the big question going in was if I would be able to sign Wayne Rooney or if I would have to sell him. Fortunately, just before I was about to sell him, I managed to sign Rooney to a new deal. Behind the dynamic duo of Wayne Rooney and Adriano at striker, along with a solid defense we finished 1st in the EPL for a second straight year. Perhaps, more importantly, we won the Champions League for my first time as a manager.

Read all about the 9th season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37735

In my 10th season, things had settled down. We had Rooney under a long term contract and our offense looked set. However, our defense had questions as Lucio and Rio Ferdinand were aging. Also, Wes Brown was aging and losing his skills. Would these guys be able to hold on for one more season? Would my replacements such as Salva, Marchetti, and Cahais step up? I gradually started the phasing out of Lucio and Ferdinand but they both played in some key games. However, Salva and Marchetti generally did well and proved they can play on this level. Also, we had an explosive offense led by Wayne Rooney who had his best year ever for me with 36 goals and 14 assists in 36 starts. I also saw the surprising developing of Antonio Ortega and Carlos Godoy. We did well and we won the EPL Title for the third straight year. However, we faltered in the quarterfinals of the Champions League and we only pulled off a double. We want.. no we need to build on that success and do better next season. Oh yeah, I helped guide England to one their best World Cup Finishes in a long time. There was a suprising villian that ended our run.

You can read about my 10th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=38819

My 11th season was the season that finally saw me drop Rio Ferdinand from the active playing list. Also, we saw Lucio, Cristian Chivu, Wes Brown, and Zdenek Grygera all get phased out of the playing rotation. Newcomer Mark van den Boogaart had one of the best years I've ever seen out of a right back. However, I knew that he was only a stop gap for 2-3 years and I was actively searching for a young right back all year long. Unfortunately, I never found one worth signing. I relied on Wayne Rooney and Adriano more than ever in part due to injuries to Craig King and James McFadden, and also because James McFadden is slowly starting to lose his abilities. We faltered towards the end of the season and had a disappointing 2nd place finish in the EPL. That loss cost us our first triple. Read about our 11th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=39668

In my 12th season, we started out with some early losses, but we rebounded and had a strong second half of the season. As a result, we won the EPL Title and also won the Champions League. However, the English League Title continues to evade my grasp. We relied heavily on Wayne Rooney yet again. We also had a great if injury riddled season from Adriano our young striker. Salva played well when he wasn't hurt. Barry Parker who I never expected to be great has become a great midfielder. You can read about the 12th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=40184

Now, I head into my 13th season, I find myself wandering about Rooney. He is 30 and is almost 31. Historically, that is the age that most strikers begin to decline. How many years longer can he carry us? How many years can he be productive? Is this the beginning of the end for him as a great player? Will we be able to pull off the treble or the quadruple before he becomes a fringe player and eventually retires?

Follow along as I enter into my 13th season as a Football Manager.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:55 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our transfer budget for the upcoming year is 17.5 million and we are expected to win the EPL again.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 22, 2016 -

Deportivo has hired Paco Melo as their new manager.

June 24, 2016 -

Alberto Flores is developing very nicely and Swansea wants him on loan. I decide to say no, as I might use him as my 4th striker if we don't get one via the transfer marker in the upcoming weeks.

Antonio Ortega had a goal and 3 assists for Spain their 6-1 win over Serbia & Mont. in the European Championship Quarter Final Match.

June 26, 2016 -

Mark van den Boogaart played well for Holland in their 2-0 win over the Czech Republic in the European Championship Semi-Final.

Millwall asked to loan Alberto Flores, I said no.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:21 AM   #4
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I would imagine the board will increase the budget for you again as they have in the past. If not, I would think that you will now have enough clout to ask for additional funds. But, heck, the team is solid enough to do the deeds as is!

Rooney in a . . . *gasp* . . . SQUAD ROTATION system?!?!!!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:52 AM   #5
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm a 41 year old manager who is considered a great manager.

This is already reading like a Jose Mourinho autobiography
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
I would imagine the board will increase the budget for you again as they have in the past. If not, I would think that you will now have enough clout to ask for additional funds. But, heck, the team is solid enough to do the deeds as is!

Rooney in a . . . *gasp* . . . SQUAD ROTATION system?!?!!!

Not yet But it could happen in a year or two at most I suspect.

I might go after more funds, however, I'm starting to think Flores might play some this year. I'll probably go after another young player with potential.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
This is already reading like a Jose Mourinho autobiography

Old 07-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 30, 2016 -

Antonio Ortega injured his knee in Spain's 3-0 win over Portugal in the European Championship Semi-Final. Ortega will miss 2 weeks, but should be ready for our 2nd friendly.

July 1, 2016 -

The board is very pleased with my performance as manager.

James McFadden has signed with Chelsea.

Fans at Chelsea are questioning this move as they feel at best, James McFadden can only be a short term solution.

We have completed the signing of highly skilled 23 year old midfielder Michael Heller on a Bosman transfer. This player is already valued at 20 million dollars and he is only 23. I think this will be a very nice pickup for us.

Sheff Wed have signed Eric Djemba from us.

Their fans appluad this signing as they feel Djemba's experience can help their young players.

Ruud van Nistelrooy has left the club as a coach as he just wasn't good enough to re-sign.

John O'Shea has been released on a free transfer as his contract has run out. He just isn't good enough to keep around any longer.

Wes Brown has been released on a free transfer as his contract has run out.

Dalibor Stevanovic has been released on a free transfer.

Lucio has lowered his coaching demands to 6,600/week. I offer him a contract.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 2, 2016 -

Stoke (EC) has signed Cristian Chivu on a free transfer.

Cruzeiro have accepted an offer of 8 million for Helio Dias. Helio is a talented young striker who sometimes lacks determination. I'm hoping we can overcome this and motivate him to reach his potential as a dynamic Brazilian striker like Adriano.

Barcelona are rumored to be on the verge of signing Arsenal's Hatem Ben Arfa.

I approach Barry Richardson to become our new striker coach to replace the departed Ruud van Nistelrooy.

I'll have to compensate Nottm Forest 60,000 dollars.

Holland beat Spain 4-3 on penalty shots after a 0-0 tie in regulation to win the European Championship Final. Mark van den Boogaart played well for Holland.

The English Football Association has told me that they almost fired me for the poor performance in the English Football Championship and if we don't fare much better in our next international competition I will be let go.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 5, 2016 -

Barry Richardson accepted my offer and will be coming to join us.

Barry Parker has come into my office and told me that he is unhappy with his current contract. He is currently making 35,500/week. He is asking for 110,000/week plus a 2.6 million dollars signing bonus. I counter with 80,000 plus the 2.6 million.

Spain's Sergio Flores has won the European Championship Best Player Award. Ahmed Yahiaoui of France came in 2nd, and Mehmet Erhan of Turkey came in 3rd.

Spain's Santi has won the European Championship Golden Boot Award. Jerry Holmes of Holland came in 2nd, and Ignacio of Spain came in 3rd.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 8, 2016 -

Barry Richardson has been appointed as our coach.

Helios Dias has accepted my contract offer. The move is delayed due to WP issues.

We've received 1.2 million as a 30% sell on clause due to Southampton transfering Paul Kelly to Crystal Palace. We also get an addition 1.7 million over the next 6 months.

Adriano has picked up a calf strain and will miss the next 2 weeks including our first few friendlies.

Real Madrid have signed Victor from Arsenal for 28 million dollars! Victor is a talented 24 year old midfielder who is a very good shooter. However, I think Real Madrid probably slightly overpaid.

Barry Parker accepted my counter offer and has signed a new 3 year deal worth 14 million dollars.

West Brom has signed Gareth Barry on a free transfer.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 10, 2016 -

The Czech Republic has offered me an opportunity to replace Fabio Celestini. I pass. If England fires me, I might take another job, but I'm going to try to salvage England's squad for this World Cup.

July 13, 2016 -

Today we play a friendly match against Randers FC. They are an amateurish team in Denmark. I'm using most of my starters hoping they'll put up a few goals and work on their fitness.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

GK: Adriano
DL: Schmidt
DC: Cardozo
DC: Salva
DR: Miller
ML: Downing
MC: Heller (the new guy is good enough to probably become a regular starter for us)
MC: Parker
MR: Schreurs (Ortega is still hurt)
SC: Rooney
SC: King (Adriano is still hurt)

S1: Howard
S2: Barbosa
S3: Alfonso
S4: Godoy
S5: Cahais
S6: Wood
S7: Flores (the kid will get some PT during the pre-season to help me determine if he should stick with the big club as a player this season.)
S8: Boogaart
S9: Oswald
S10: Wright
S11: Marchetti
S12: Cook
Old 07-20-2005, 09:43 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Heller passes to Rooney.. he shoots from 30 yards out.. good save by the keeper.

33 minute mark: Cardozo with a good defensive play.

35 minute mark: Downing picks up a minor injury. I put Alfonso on for him.

44 minute mark: King gets a yellow card for shoving their defender.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Fairly lazy play from my guys.

Cahais on for Schmidt and Flores on for Rooney. Time to see the kid shine.

55 minute mark: Great passing between Flores and Alfonso, but the defense clears a pass from Alfonso to Flores.

60 minute mark: I'm bringing in most of my second team.

69 minute mark: Wright passes to Flores in the box.. he dribbles between 2 defenders.. shoots.. lower left corner.. good save by their keeper.

80 minute mark: Flores gets whistled for being offside.

81 minute mark: Cook passes to Oswald who centers for Godoy.. Godoy with a nice crossover.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

84 minute mark: Adriano with a long goal kick to Oswald.. he beats the defenders.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. Oswald with a goal!

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 7-2 (4-1 on target)

Oswald wins MoM, 8 for form, 3 of 6 passes, 1 key pass, 0 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 3 runs, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

Flores had a 7 for form, and played alright.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:57 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 16, 2016 -

Antonio Blanco has been called up to Spain's team for the European U19 Championship.

Chelsea has sold Rafael van der Vaart to West Ham for a nominal fee.

July 17, 2016 -

Today we play OB, a decent team from Denmark.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 60's.

ML: Barbosa
MC: Godoy
MR: Schreurs
SC: King

S2: Heller
S3: Wood
S4: Oswald
S5: Cahais
S6: Downing
S7: Alfonso
S9: Ortega
S10: Flores
S12: Cook
Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Nice 2 man passing between Rooney and Barbosa.. Barbosa passes it once again to Rooney, this time in the left half of the box.. he blasts a shot.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

12 minute mark: Cardozo starts our counterattack.. long pass from King to Rooney.. he dribbles into the box.. fakes left.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

41 minute mark: Godoy passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he passes to King who hits it on the half-volley.. wide right.

43 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles past two defenders.. crosses it to Schreurs in the right side of the box.. he shoots the sharply angled shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us.

I put most of the 2nd team on including Flores for Rooney.

47 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Flores in the left half of the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

53 minute mark: Flores passes between two defenders.. perfect lead pass for Oswald.. he hits a screamer.. curving.. low.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

77 minute mark: Alfonso passes towards Oswald.. Their defender Thomsen heads it.. into his own goal! GOAL!!!! 5-0.

83 minute mark: Adriano stops a breakaway, but their other striker Gilson gets the rebound and shoots.. lower left corner. GOAL. 5-1.

Game over. 5-1 win for us.

We outshot them 9-8 (6-3 on target)

Barbosa wins MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 25 passes, 3 key passes, 1 of 5 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 2 interceptions, 9 runs, 6 fouls drawn, 2 assists.

Flores had a 7. Looks like he is destined for the u18 and reserve team this year.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:10 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 19, 2016 -

Aston Villa have offered 5.6 million for Michael Wood. wood has been a disappointment for my club, but I'm not willing to let him go for that cheap. He is stil a talented player. I'm also certainly not going to sell him to an EPL team so cheaply.

July 20, 2016 -

Helio Dias' initial WP application was denied. I appeal the decision.

July 22, 2016 -

We will play Mallorca in the European Super Cup on August 26th.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:13 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 22, 2016 -

Today we play Lierse in our second to last friendly of the season. They are a decent Belgian team.

DR: Boogaart
MR: Ortega
SC: Flores (time to see if he can shine as a starter)
SC: Oswald

S3: Cook
S4: King
S5: Heller
S6: Wood
S7: Alfonso
S8: Cahais
S9: rooney
S10: Wright
s11: Marchetti
S12: Schreurs
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick to the near post... Flores heads it.. wide left.

11 minute mark: Parker passes to Flores.. he passes back to Parker.. he passes to Ortega inside the middle of the box.. quick shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

32 minute mark: Adriano stops a point blank shot.

35 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past his man.. long cross.. Flores heads it.. upper left corner.. nice save by the keeper.

40 minute mark: Adriano stops a long shot.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us.

52 minute mark: Downing passes to Flores in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

59 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past two men.. crosses it long.. Flores heads it.. sharp angle.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. Nice job by Flores and Ortega.

60 minute mark: I bring in most of the 2nd team, but leave Flores out there a bit more.

65 minute mark: Wood passes to Flores.. he dribbles into the box.. passes back to Wood.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

67 minute mark: Adriano saves a point blank shot.

80 minute mark: Adriano stops a long range shot.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 11-8 (6-4 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 9 for form, 10 of 13 passes, 2 key passes, 4 of 6 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 5 runs, 1 assist.

Godoy and Flores also both had 9's!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 27, 2016 -

17 year old Antonio Blanco played well for Spain's U19 team in their 3-0 win over Holland in the European U19 Championship Group Match.

Helio Dias' move to us was ended as his WP was turned down on appeal.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:14 AM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

When it comes to national coaches, are you restricted to the countries that you select foreground leagues in, or can it be any country in the game?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:55 AM   #21
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
When it comes to national coaches, are you restricted to the countries that you select foreground leagues in, or can it be any country in the game?

That used to be the case, but I'm not sure now. In my current game I have been able to apply to be manager of countries whose leagues I am not running.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #22
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

I was offerd the job as US manager in my game and dont have MLS as a foreground league.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:44 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 29, 2016 -

Today we play AA Gent, a Belgian team, in our final friendly (not counting the English Community Shield.)

SC: Adriano

S3: Cook
S4: Heller
S5: Wood
S6: Alfonso
S7: Oswald
S9: Cahais
S10: King
S12: Schreurs
Old 07-21-2005, 08:06 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. long cross to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

14 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney left of the box.. he blasts a shot from 30 yards out.. powerful banana shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

26 minute mark: Godoy steals the ball.. passes to Downing left of the box.. Downing fakes out his man.. centers it to the middle of the box.. Adriano hits it on the half-volley... upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

48 minute mark: Adriano stops a pair of shots.

57 minute mark: Rooney shoots from 30 yards out.. keeper blocks it.. Adriano gets the rebound.. passes it to Ortega.. he passes to Godoy in the center of the box.. Godoy shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

59 minute mark: I bring on the entire second team.

67 minute mark: Barbosa with a corner to Schreurs in the middle of the box.. he traps it.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

84 minute mark: Goossens with a breakaway.. he dribbles towards the right post.. passes to van den Booarck.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. 5-1.

Game over. 5-1 win for us.

We outshot them 18-9 (10-2 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 15 of 18 passes, 2 key passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 0 of 1 headers, 2 interceptions, 11 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 3 assists.

Rooney and Adriano both had 9's.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 1, 2016 -

The board is very pleased with my performance as manager.

HOLY COW! The board is very pleased with my performance as manager... they just raised my transfer budget by an additional 42 million dollars!!!! I now have a transfer budget of 61 million dollars!

Inter have signed Liverpool's Philippe Durand for 34.5 million dollars.

I now have to decide what I'm going to do with my 61 million dollars. Initially I was thinking about going after a young striker. However, let's take a look at my striker position:

1. Wayne Rooney - He is almost 31, but has one or two more years of starting in him counting this season.

2. Adriano - Is one of the best strikers in the world. He is only 24. Will be a star for years.

3. Craig King - One of the top 3 strikers in England. Isn't happy about being a #3 striker.

4. Michael Oswald - Is only 21 and has the potential to become a very good striker. Can also play midfield. A perfect #4 striker.

5. Alberto Flores - Only 17, I'll probably send him back to the reserve team once they start playing at the end of August.

6. Bob Wright - He is 24. He isn't very happy that he is a 4th or 5th striker, but he is good in that role.

No, I really don't need a striker.

However, we have many players in the last year of their contract. I neeed to get that squared away before we decide who to pursue.

Let's look at the list:

Boogaart - He is 30 and tires easily, but he is still talented. He wants 83,000/week and 1.6 million for a 1 year extension. I offer him a 2 year extension at that rate.

Carlos Godoy - He is only 25 and he has become the hardest working midfielder we have. He is mentally our best player. He is good technically and physically. My AM thinks he has become an essential member of the squad and I agree. He wants 78,000/week for 3 years plus 2 million signing bonus. I agree.

Barbosa - At the age of 29, he has 2 years left at least to be an excellent left wing. He can also slide to striker. Very gifted technically. He wants to keep his salary at 120,000/week. I agree and offer him the 3 year extension that he wants as well as the 2.4 million dollar signing bonus that he wants.

Wood - He is only 24 and he is a good midfielder. Surprisingly, he is willing to re-sign for 4 years at 66,000/week. I decide to hold onto him as trade bait if nothing else.

Howard - He is 37 and he is starting to decline, but he is still a good keeper. I offer him a 1 year extension at 76,000/week.

Wright - He wants 36,000/week and 700k signing bonus for a 4 year extension. I agree.

Cook - He is 24 and he is a very talented midfielder, even though I don't use him that much. He is unsure if he wants to sign with us due to our sparse use of him. I offer him 82,000/week and 2 million to sign a 2 year extension.

Adriano - He is a superstar. He is currently making 110,000/week. He wants 160,000/week plus a 7.6 million dollars signing bonus for a 2 year extension. I offer the same terms on a 3 year extension.

Downing - He is 32 and is starting to decline a bit, but he is still a very good left winger. He currently makes 86,000/week. I offer him a 1 year extension at 86,000/week with a 1 million dollars signing bonus.

Craig King - He is 26 and is a very good striker. He wants a 2 year extension with a salary of 170,000/week and 4.8 million signing bonus. I offer him 160,000/week and ask him to take a 3 year extension.

Schreurs- He is 28 and he is a superb right winger. Despite being unhappy about his playing time he is willing to take a 1 year extension for a raise to 120,000/week plus 5.2 million dollar signing bonus. I ask him to make it a 2 year extension.

Andy Ford - The 24 year old striker in our reserve system never fully developed. We'll let him go after this season.

David Harper - The 26 year old keeper never really developed in our reserve system. He doesn't want to re-sign and I can't blame him. Hopefully, he doesn't come back to haunt us.

John Gray - The 23 year old defender isn't good enough to play for us. I'll let him go.

Stephen Wright - The 22 year old midfielder never developed technical ability. We'll let him go.

Kevin Young - The 22 year old striker is developing nicely and has potential. I offer him a 4 year extension at 32,000/week. If he signs, this is another reason not to acquire another striker.

James Bailey - This 21 year old striker is still raw, but he might develop. I offer him a 3 year extension at 1,000/week to see if he can develop any more.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:10 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 3, 2016 -

We've been made 6-4 favorites to win the EPL Title.

Chelsea are next at 2-1, Liverpool 6-1, Arsenal 25-1, Aston Villa 33-1.

Craig King signed his new 4 year deal worth 35.5 million dollars.

Jamie Cook rejected his contract offer.

I offer Cook one last contract with a 4 million dollar signing bonus, and 100,000 per week salary.

Tim Howard signed a new deal and states that he plans to retire after this deal is done.

August 5, 2016 -

Jame Bailey signed a new contract.

Adriano signed a new 4 year deal worth 39 million dollars.

Downing signed a 2 year deal worth 9 million dollars.

Kevin Young signed a new 4 year deal worth 5.4 million.

Schreurs signed a new 3 year deal worth 21.5 million.

Godoy signed a 3 year deal worth 12.5 million.

Wright signed a 4 year deal worth 7.2 million dollars.

Barbosa signed a 3 year deal worth 20 million.

Boogaart signed a 3 year deal worth 12.5 million.

Cook rejected our latest offer. He has been transfer listed by request, but I'm lowering my asking amount to a reasonable amount.

Michael Wood has signed a new 4 year deal worth 12.5 million dollars.

Milan have signed Sebastien Mendy from Arsenal for 22 million dollars.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-21-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So, I find myself analyzing where to spend this huge excess of money!

I've already decided not at striker for at least this year.

Let's look at the midfield position:

No need at left wing with Downing and Barbosa still being a very effective 1-2 punch. Alfonso is a decent 3rd option.

At the central midfield spots, we've already lost Cook due to a lack of PT. Godoy and Parker are the clear starters. Fletcher is a good option but is now injury prone. Wood is also a good #3 or #4 midfielder. Oswald can also play in the midfield. I don't see the need for an elite midfielder.

At right wing, we are set with Schreurs and Ortega for at least a few years.

So, that leaves us at defense. We've had the most guys leave here recently. Our goals allowed are creeping up. I'm not completely sold on Adriano in goal, but he is only 22 and could improve quite a bit.

If I solidify the defense in front of him, we'll really make it easier for him. Of course, a top flight keeper could overcome any mistakes that the defense might make...

I look at several of the top keepers in the world, but they are all getting old. None of the next generation look clearly better than Adriano.

Therefore, I'm going to attempt to acquire one of the best defenders in the world to play alongside Salva. Cardozo has fitness problems, but he is only 25 and can play all defensive line positions. Cahais is a good rotation player as is Marchetti. Miller is the answer at right back and Schmidt is the answer at left back. Boogaart provides good depth. One more superb defender will add to our defensive strength.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:29 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I look at several candidates:

Jorg Walther - This 28 years old. He has been a world class defender for Milan the past two years. He lacks footspeed, but has decent strength, great jumping. He is a superbly tough mental player. He is one of the most technically gifted defenders ever.

Roberto - He is only 27. He is reportedly unhappy with how Barcelona is using him. He has decent pace, low strength but is a great jumper. He is a excellent mental player with great technical skills.

Frank Wolf - He is only 26. He is definitely unhappy at Real Madrid. He is a great technical plyer with great leaping ability. Very good mentally. He has excellent stamina, but is somewhat weak.

Vincent Kompany - He is the most complete defenders of the top 4, but he is 30. Therefore, he is the lowest on my list as a big money acquisition. However, he has excellent pace. He has good strength. His natural fitness is a bit low. If that wasn't low, he would be on top of my list despite his age.

The next tier:

Adriano Trotta - He is a 21 year old Italian player. He would add depth. He is the fastest player I've ever seen. He is also strong as an ox. However, he is not the best mentally. He is not the best technically, but he could grow. Biggest downside is that he isn't a natural DC. He naturally plays either in the midfield or at either fullback position. His preferred position appears to be right fullback. I could get him cheap enough to add one or two other players of similar quality..

Actually, I don't see any other players that I would view as an asset to the defense.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:34 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think about this for a few minutes. Vincent Kompany is the cheapest of the elite 4 due to his age, and he is also the best of the 4 except for a bit low on the natural fitness. He came in 2nd for the best defender award last year. His veteran presence could help our young guys improve. Lucio was effective til at least 34 or 35. I could get this guy for 4 or 5 years of quality play if I'm lucky. Plus, he is cheaper and Chelsea is pursuing him. I offer Real Madrid 34 million for him.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-21-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:36 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As almost an afterthought, I offer 20 million for Adriano Trotta. Boogaart is getting older and Trotta could play in the midfield as well as at either back. His versatility and great speed could be valuable.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:45 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 6, 2016 -

Salva has been called up to Italy's Team for the Olympics.

Michael Heller and Michael Oswald have been called up to Germany's Olympic Team.

Vincent Kompany signed a new 3 year deal worth 29 million to stay at Real Madrid.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 7, 2016 -

Today we play Liverpool in the English Community Shield. Liverpool has a very talented team led striker Nicky Platt who lacks good footspeed, but is a very dangerous finisher. Nuno Ferro is a very good midfielder. Lebohang Mokoena is a dangerous striker who didn't do very well last year. Jose Luis Abad leads their defense. Chris Kirkland is still their top keeper.

We are 6-4 favorites.

DC: Miller (since Salva is away.)

S3: Alfonso
S4: Wright
S5: Marchetti
S6: Schreurs
S7: King
Old 07-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Platt passes to Mokoena in the box.. he fakes out Miller.. dribbles to his left.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. it's past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

7 minute mark: Godoy gets a yellow card for tripping Ferro.

20 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. Adriano heads it.. Kirkland blocks it.. Adriano shoots the rebound.. the kepeer blocks it... Rooney gets the rebound.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

23 minute mark: Mokoena gets a yellow card for pushing Miller.

26 minute mark: Downing dribbles past his man.. crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

32 minute mark: Boogaart with a long pass to Downing left of the box.. he centers to Adriano.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

38 minute mark: Hall passes to Platt in the box.. he fakes out Cardozo.. shoots.. lower right corner.. Adriano dives, can't reach it. GOAL. 2-2.

Halftime: 2-2 tie.

47 minute mark: We have a flurry of shots that Kirkland barely stops.

48 minute mark: Ferro gets a yellow card for tripping Parker.

60 minute mark: Rooney steals it from a midfielder.. dribbles down the pitch.. left of the box.. nice cross to Ortega who heads it to Downing in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.. wastes a good opportunity.

65 minute mark: Miller gets away with a lecture after tripping Mokoena.

66 minue mark: Cardozo starts our counterattack.. long pass to Parker.. he passes to Rooney.. he crosses for Adriano.. heads it.. go.. offside on Adriano!

70 minute mark: Parker intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Rooney.. he dribbles past a defender.. dribbles past two more defenders.. Rooney fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-2.

71 minute mark: Alfonso on for Godoy and Schreurs on for Ortega.

86 minute mark: Miller gets a yellow card for a trip on Mokoena.

88 minute mark: Parker passes to Rooney.. he heads it to Alfonso in the middle of the box.. Alfonso shoots.. GOAL!!!! 4-2.

Game over. 4-2 win for us

We outshot them 18-9 (14-4 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 25 passes, 8 key passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 3 of 10 headers, 1 interception, 16 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 2 goals.

Downing also had a 10 for form.

Adriano had a very disappointing game with a 5 for form.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:20 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 7, 2016 -

Middlesbrough have offered 22 million for Jamie Cook. I hate to sell him to a rival, but I'd hate even more to lose him for nothing after the season. I decide to agree to the deal.

Real Madrid have rejected my 34 million dollar offer for Vincent Kompany.

Torino have rejected my 20 million dollar offer for Adriano Trotta.

Aston Villa have signed my former keeper Manu for 3.4 million from Blackburn.

I up my offer on Kompany to 38 million and my offer on Trotta to 22 million.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 10, 2016 -

Michael Heller was man of the match for Germany in their 3-1 win over Mexico in the Olympics Group A Match. Heller had a goal and an assist. He is also the captain of the German Olympic team.

Cook accepted a contract offer from Middlesbrough and is set to go to them for 22 million.

Thanks to that sale, our transfer budget is now 81 million dollars!

That sale was reportedly a record high sale for the club. I wonder how much my idiot predecesor let Cristiano Ronaldo go for.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:48 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 12, 2016 -

Real Madrid have countered my offer for Kompany. They want 21.5 million up front and 25 million over 6 months. I think that is probably overpaying a bit, but he is clearly one of the top 3 defenders in the world. It's a tough decision, but I decide to go ahead and do it. I just hope he doesn't decline earlier than I expect and gives me at least 3 good years.

Real Madrid have offered 55 million dollars plus Dario Tamburini for Carlos Godoy. Dario is an 18 year old midfielder who has a tremendous amount of potential, but Godoy is already the real deal. I turn down the offer.

Torino have rejected my 22 million dollar offer for Trotta. I counter with 26 million dollars.

August 13, 2016 -

Germany's Olympic team beat Holland 3-0. Michael Oswald had a goal at forward. Michael Heller played just an ok game.

Bristol C has signed Gary Shultis, Jr a left back from the New England Revolution for 3.6 million dollars. It'll be interesting to see how the American does in the EPL.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-21-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 14, 2016 -

today we play our EPL Season opener at home against Leeds which appears to be one of the weaker teams in the EPL. Leeds' biggest star is striker Shane Paul and Right back Billy Jones. Craig Roberts and Stephen Taylor are decent in the midfield. Richard McDonald is ok in goal.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

DC: Boogaart

S3: King
S4: Schreurs

Away at Olympics: Salva, Heller, and Oswald.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:44 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Downing passes to Rooney left of the box.. he draws two defenders over.. fires a pass between them to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

5 minute mark: Adriano stops a hard shot by Cox.

13 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left half of the box.. Rooney with a quick shot.. upper right corner.. nice shot. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

16 minute mark: Adriano stops a 15 yard shot by Paul.

30 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick to the near post.. Cardozo heads it.. barely over the bar.

40 minute mark: Cardozo with a good defensive play.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

56 minute mark: Turner trips Adriano in the box.. penalty! Downing steps up.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

64 minute mark: King on for Adriano and Schreurs on for Ortega.

74 minute mark: Godoy passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney shoots the rebound... over the bar.

75 minute mark: Marchetti on for Schmidt.

75 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Godoy just outside the box.. he dribbles past a defender.. shoots from 17 yards.. lower left corner.. it hits the post... and bounces in! GOAL!!!! 4-0.

85 minute mark: Godoy gets a yellow card for a trip on their midfielder.

Game over. 4-0 win.

We outshot them 15-6 (9-3 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 16 of 24 passes, 2 key passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 0 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, 1 foul drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

Godoy also had a 9 for form.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Salva played well for Italy in their 3-0 win over Peru in the Olympic Group Match.

Real Madrid has accepted my offer for Kompany.

My AM thinks that Kompany will be an essential defender and that we should offer up to 190,000/week! Since Kompany only wants 160,000/week and 2.6 million for a 3 year deal, I decide to offer him this amount.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:03 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 16, 2016 -

Torino have rejected my 26 million dollar offer for Adriano Trotta.

I offer them 30 million plus 50% of next sale for this true speedster.

Darren Fletcher has fully recovered from his surgery and is healthy again.

Germany won their Olympic Group Match 4-0 over South Korea. Michael Heller had an assist and Michael Oswald had a goal while playing in the midfield today.

Roberto (one of the 4 defenders I was looking at) has signed a new 3 year deal worth 33 million dollars.

Aug 17, 2016 -

The Vincent Kompany deal is complete and he should be arriving soon.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 17, 2016 -

Vincent Kompany has arrived just before the match is scheduled to start tonight. Our marketing director expects shirt sales to be boosted by this big name signing.

Lazio have spent 52 million to sign Jose Luis Abad, a 24 year old spanish left back for 52 million dollars. I think they overpaid Liverpool.

Salva had a poor game today and Egypt beat Italy 2-1 in their Olympic Group Match.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 17, 2016 -

Today we travel to play West Brom in an EPL Match. Their best player is 21 year old Lithuanian left winger Giedrius Brichkus. He has a great of potential to become a very good player. Ryan Wallace is a 24 year old striker who has a decent skill set. Michael jakobsen is a 30 year Danish midfielder who is key to their organization. Jamie Adams is their leading defender and at 22, he is still a bit raw. Gary Baker is their leading keeper, and he is average at best.

We are 4-7 favorites.

DC: Miller
SC: King

S1: Barbosa
S2: Cahais
S3: Schreurs
S4: Flores

(Howard is on vacation and our number 3 and 4 keepers are hurt! )
Old 07-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Schmidt passes to Downing who quickly passes it to king in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. nice play by their keeper.

11 minute mark: Adriano with a pair of acrobatic saves.

14 minute mark: Ryan Wallace gets a yellow card for diving.. Brichkus argues the call.. he gets a yellow card too.

20 minute mark: Ortega passes to Rooney in the box.. he fakes right.. shoots.. lower left corner.. wide left.

21 minute mark: Parker steals the ball in their half.. passes to King in the box.. he immediately turns with the ball.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

27 minute mark: Parker passes to Rooney left of the box.. he draws two defenders.. crisp pass to far post.. Ortega heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

39 minute mark: Parker passes to king in the box.. their defender trips him... Penalty! Rooney steps up.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

51 minute mark: Flores on for Rooney.

71 minute mark: Schreurs on for Ortega and Cahais on for Schmidt.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 12-7 (6-4 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 10 for form, 14 of 20 passes, 2 key passes, 7 of 7 tackles, 2 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.

Downing also had a 10 for form.

Flores had a solid 7.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Tim Howard played well for the USA in their 2-0 win over Honduras in the World Cup Qualifying Match.

August 19, 2016 -

Alberto Flores injured his knee in practice today and will miss 3-4 weeks

Jose Lopez Rodriguez a VERY talented 18 year old striker has rejected Milan's latest contract offer. If he keeps rejecting offers, I'll make a bid on him once his contract becomes unprotected in January.

Torino has rejected my 30 million dollar bid for Adriano Trotta. I offer them 34 million which will likely be my final bid.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2016 -

Today we host Chelsea in our most important early EPL Match. Chelsea's best player, Freddy Adu is injured with a ruptured disc in his back that will keep him our for about 2 months. Adriano is finally showing significant decline at the age of 34, but he will start alongside James McFadden up front reportedly. It will be interesting to see how my former player does against us. Sylvain Bon is a skilled young French right winger. Diego and Julien Ribeiro are very good midfielders. John Woodward is a 21 year old defender who is becoming quite good. Naldo is also a good centreback. Petr Cech remains a skilled keeper at 34 years old.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

DC: Kompany (Big time debut)
MR: Schreurs

S3: Ortega
S4: King
S5: Boogaart

The TV announcers believe Rooney will be my key player and Julien Ribeiro will be their key player. They pick us to win it 1-0.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:11 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Miller stops McFadden's first offensive attack.

12 minute mark: Diego gets a yellow card for tripping Parker.

14 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles past two defenders.. crosses it to the near post.. Adriano heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

16 minute mark: Adriano stops a long range shot from McFadden.

40 minute mark: Terry tackles Adriano.. Terry's tackle sends the ball past Cech.. into the goal! Own goal by Terry! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

43 minute mark: Kompany with a good defensive play.

45 minute mark: Bon with a point blank shot.. Adriano tips it over the bar.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

49 minute mark: Downing passes to Parker.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Cech dives.. tips it over the bar.

50 minute mark: Cardozo with a good defensive play.

63 minute mark: Their Adriano shoots from 18 yards out.. Adriano saves it.

71 minute mark: Barbosa on for Parker who is very tired.

88 minute mark: Kompany starts the counterattack.. long pass to Adriano.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. inches wide left.

Game over. 2-0 win for us

We outshot them 15-10 (6-4 on target)

Adriano (my striker) wins MoM, 8 for form, 18 of 23 passes, 1 key pass, 0 of 1 tackles, 14 of 20 headers, 2 interceptions, 2 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #47
weinstein7
High School JV

Two questions: What was Kompany's rating in his first Man U game, and can you make an offer on that Tamburini guy that Real offered you for Godoy? He's obviously available....
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:26 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
Two questions: What was Kompany's rating in his first Man U game, and can you make an offer on that Tamburini guy that Real offered you for Godoy? He's obviously available....

He only had a 7. Hopefully, he'll blend in and do better in future games. He had a 9 in every one of his last 5 games for his old team.

Good question about that Tamburini guy!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2016 -

Salva played just ok, but italy still beat South Korea in the Quarter Final of the Olympics.

Germany beat Egypt 3-1 in one of the other Quarter Finals. Michael Oswald played striker and had a goal. Michael Heller was MoM and he had 2 assists.

I checked and Dario isn't actually transfer listed. He is valued at 11 million at 18 years old. I offer them 11 million to see if they might bite.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:44 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 22, 2016 -

Boogaart, Ortega, and Adriano (the striker) were all named to the EPL Team of the Week.

Torino have finally accepted my offer for Adriano Trotta. This 21 year old defender/midfielder is fascinating for his incredible speed. I've never seen anyone that was so fast and accelerated so quickly He is also a top notch tackler, a determined worker on the pitch, and he has good positioning. He is a decent passer and a great crosser. He is very good at heading the ball. He has great natural fitness, stamina, and he is VERY strong. I might be overpaying, but it he continues to develop for a few years, he could be great.

My AM thinks he has considerable talent for his age and thinks we should pay him 60,000/week. He wants 61,000/week and 1.2 million signing bonus. He also wants to be a first team player. Hopefully, I can keep him and all of my defenders happy. I anticipate Trotta will play in the midfield some as well as along the defense.

I offer him a 4 year deal.

Aug. 23, 2016 -

Italy played Germany in the Semi-Final of the Olympics. Despite having two guys sent off (including Salva at the 84 minute mark) Italy won 1-0. Oswald and Heller played ok, but the Italian defense was superb.

Swansea and Bristol C have asked to borrow Alberto Flores. I tell them both no.