Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Madden 06: The Quest For Glory

First the specifics:

I'll be using All-Pro Default settings except for the following special team changes (in order to try to generate more punt returns):

SPL TEAMS

FGL-10/10
FGA-8/8
PNTL-10/15
PNTA-8/8
KOL-8/8

The first category being applied to Human, and the second category being applied to the CPU.

I'll be using the very first set of parents that the game gives to me. I'll pick whatever position the game thinks I'm most suited to. This could be the chronicle of a punter (in which case it will be VERY difficult to meet my goals down below)

This dynasty will be very egocentric with little mention of the world at large. I'll try to give it some creative storylines based at least somewhat upon what is happening in the game.

If I have a veteran that is much more talented in front of me, I won't play my guy. My player will sit if he should sit.

I won't feed my player the ball if he is a position that can be fed. I'll be more focused on winning (or at least I'll try to be.) I won't do cheap things to pad the stats where it wouldn't make sense.

My goals are fairly simple:

1. Make the Hall of Fame (I don't even know if that is possible in this mode.)

2. Win at least 4 Super Bowls.

3. Preferably help the Eagles win those Super Bowls.

4. Get a really nice place to live in.

5. Make lots of money.

Ok, let's see what the gene pool has dealt me.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm using the most recent roster update that has players essentially where they are in the current day NFL.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-11-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hello. My name is David Chronomaz. My friends call me "Big D" or "D-Cross." I'm about to be drafted into the NFL and I'm so excited. My father played Division 2 ball at a small school in NJ. He was good, but he never made good on his dream of becoming a pro. He is very smart and is now a banker. He has pushed me since I was little, and he helped me become one of the best defensive linemen in the state of New Jersey. As a result, I had all kinds of schools knocking on my door. I finally decided on USC after I visited their campus, and I visited their cheerleaders. Talk about some fine ladies. Speaking of ladies, my mom is a good singer and has made a few records. She works in LA quite a bit, which was another reason that I chose Southern California for college. My parents were fiarly wealthy due to mom's recording ability. However, my parents are very smart. They taught me the value of hard work by making me do some construction and heavy lifting when I was a Senior in High School.

It wasn't hard to do the construction, I've always been big. I'm now 6'5 and 270 pounds. I played both DT and DE at USC, but most pro scouts seem to envision me as a DE. I did well at USC and had 7 sacks my senior year. I'm anxious to see where I go in the draft.

I take after my dad in that I love to Bowl. I also love to chase the ladies. They all want a piece of "Big D" now that I'm about to become a pro. I know I'll get drafted.

I grew up in Southern NJ, and I'm hopeful that the Eagles will pick me. However, I'm determined to work hard wherever I go.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 3, 2005 -

Apparently, my mom has worked with a singer who is Terrell Davis' second cousin. As a result, Terrell is calling me and leaving messages with hints on what I should do to prepare for the draft.

He told me he wants to come hang out some time. I'm not sure what to think of that.

I had a wild party with about a hundred of my closest friends. Apparently everyone is my close friend now that I'm about to make it into the NFL.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 5, 2005 -

Terrell Davis invited to fly me out to his place in California to hang out and talk.

I decided what the heck and flew out there.

He told me that he really wants to help me become a successful pro in the NFL. He told me that I need to hire an agent sometime soon and take the Wonderlific test soon. He told me to keep calm on the test, and I should do fine since my parents were so smart. He didn't want to give me any advice about an agent, except "trust none of them."

Terrell also told me that from what hears from GM's, I'm expected to go in either the 2nd or 3rd round.

April 6, 2005 -

I have an interview with the media tomorrow. I'm very nervous. Fortunately, they gave me some handling the media lessons at USC.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 7, 2005 -

The media are so stupid some times. They asked me moronic questions such as "What is your favorite meal the night before a game."

I told them, "it depends on what my teammates want to eat."

They asked me about what I do in my free time. I was like "Play Madden. I love kicking Reggie's butt in that."

They asked me about what other position would I like to play. I responded, "Anything on offense, preferably QB."

They asked me if I prefer "Fame or Fortune." I replied, "Neither, I just want to win."

I was asked which stadium I'm looking forward to playing in. I replied, "Lambeau. The history there is amazing."

They asked if I had a girlfriend. I replied, "nope, but I'm on the lookout."

Speaking of which, the reporter was kind of cute.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 8, 2005 -

Had a nice quiet dinner with mom and dad last night. Tomorrow, I'm going to meet with a few agents again, and hopefully pick one of them. We talked about the pros and cons of each. Most agents aren't interested in me since I'm not expected to be a first round pick.

Danny Castorani is probably the best agent out there that is willing to work with me. Danny is about 30 and he is very good at negotiation. However, some teams find him hard to work with. I find him to be slimy personably, but he will get me the most money from my choices. He also appears to be better than most of the agents that want to work with me in obtaining endorsements. His client's have over 5 million dollars of endorsements between them. I'm not sure, he will take me on, but I think he will.

Jason Morales is another choice. He hardly has any clients so he would be sure to take me. He is reportedly a decent negotiator. I don't get the slimeball feel from him. Perhaps, it is because he is so new to the business. He is supposed to be good at preparing his clients for interviews. He is new and doesn't have much cred yet, so he doesn't have many endorsements.

Graham Cash is an older guy, but he doesn't have many clients at all. He will certainly represent me. He isn't a good negotiator, but my mom likes him "because he seems very honest."

Armando Eubanks is a middle age guy who is known to be good at getting his clients into camp on time. Teams love him. I wonder if they love him because he is too easy of a negotiator.

The final choice that I'm considering is Ted Sed. Ted is a young guy who has a few clients. He is a cocky young guy. I kind of like him because he is a babe hound. My dad likes him too. He thinks that he might be able to get me a good deal.

April 9, 2005 -

I meet with all of the agents one final time. I finally decide to ask Jason Morales to represent me. Jason happily accepts and tells me I'm clearly not only talented but very smart. He offers to take me clothes shopping to buy a new suit for the draft. I agree.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 14, 2005 -

The past few days flew by. On Monday, I dated the daughter of a friend of my mom's. There was no spark there, and I left the date early, called up my boys, and hit the clubs. We had fun.

However, last night I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep because today is my IQ test that the NFL puts all of their rookies through. Oh well, I'm smart just like mom and dad. Hopefully, it goes well.

Later on the 14th -

They told me that I answered 80% of the questions "correctly" and seemed very impressed with how I did. I don't think there were "correct" answers for some of the questions such as "Do you lie when it helps you." "Are you nice to people just because they can help you." Others were math problems and word similes. I called me agent, and he seemed both impressed and happy with my score.

The draft is only 10 days away.

I'm going to a party at Terrell's house this weekend. It should be fun.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 17, 2005 -

The party at Terrell's house was kind of lame. I thought he would throw a bigger bash. I did meet this hot chick. We might hook up later this week. I guess it will depend on where I go in the draft. Suddenly, San Diego isn't looking so bad.

April 22, 2005 -

This week has dragged by. I'm so excited. Tomorrow is the draft. I can't wait to see who takes me.

April 23, 2005 -

The first round is over, and my name hasn't been called yet. I'm not surprised.

The 2nd round is over. I guess I wasn't going in the 2nd round after all.

I've been picked. I'm the 8th pick in the 3rd round. I've been selected by the Detroit Lions! Oh my!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:43 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ha Ha Good luck in Millen-Land!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 24, 2005 -

My Agent called me. The team has already set me up with a web page on their team website. He has a few good pics of me on the website already.

The Lions have told me that I'm going to be given #90. Cool. I would have liked #92, but I can't complain. Maybe once I have a double sack season, I can complain.

The Lions have also told me that they expect me to be available for interviews later this week.

April 28, 2005 -

I did my first interview on the radio today. The interviewer was trying to bait me. He asked me "Do you think you are the best player on the defense." I replied, "I''m not touching that one."

They asked me about who I looked up to. I replied my Dad.

He also asked me if I thought I was a popular player. I asked him, "Do you think I am?"

I was asked if people recognized me on the streets of Detroit yet. I told them how it happens sometimes, and it feels odd.

I was also asked about morale on the team, and I told him the entire team was excited about the impending start of a new season in a few months.

My agent called me to tell me I handled myself well in the interview. I wasn't so sure.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 29, 2005 -

Holy @!#$ Rich Eisen called me. I'm going to be on his Total Access Network Today! I gotta go get my hair cut. Ok, I have a short clean hairstyle now.

Rich asked me first, "You must have been happy to be drafted that high."

"High? That wasn't high. What draft were you watching? I have a lot of work to do to prove I should have gone higher."

His second question was, "This team needs a lot of defensive help. Can you help them win right away?"

I replied, "I hope I can. They do need a lot of help. Well, I mean, I hope I can help."

His third question was "How was the whole draft experience?"

"It was cool. I thought I'd go earlier, but that's not a big deal now. I'm going to help the Lions win."

His fourth question was "What is the first thing you're going to buy once you've signed your deal."

I reply, "A new house for my mom."

His next question was, "Are you the missing piece for this organization?"

I replied, "We'll see. I hope to come in here and do my job."

That was the end of the interview. I hope I didn't come off too cocky...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30, 2005 -

Terrell told me that I came off too cocky in the interview. He also told me that he has heard I'm going to be either 3rd or 4th string on the depth chart

Terrell called me to tell me about eating right and working hard to stay healthy. He sure has a lot of advice.

Some dude called J.C. has called me to ask me about coming to his gym, and then told me I have to hire a better agent before I can try out his gym. WTF? Taunt me, why don't you.

My webmaster is posting all kinds of stuff on my web page. Apparently, he is going to be keeping busy "working to make me look good."

Terrell called me to tell me about not backtalking when I start practice soon. He also told me to make sure that I maintain good practice etiquette and don't hurt the QB!

Jason called me to tell me that he thinks I might be able to get an endorsement deal. Apparently, the fans in Detroit are rabid for new players.

Terrell called again to tell me to try to hang out with the veterans on the team, "be smart, and be cool." He also suggested I learn as much as I can from them.

Sheesh, I gotta a lot of telephone calls today.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2005 -

Today we start our first "voluntary" training camp. My Agent is telling me to go despite my contract not being done! WTF?!? What if I get hurt?

Oh well, I guess he knows what he is doing.

Later on June 1, 2005 -

I guess my agent knew what he was doing. I never saw the field except to carry plenty of water to the other players. Apparently, I'm in the dog house right now.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #14
MrBug708
Head Coach

How much of this is added and how much of it is you adding in?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 1, 2005 -

It's been a while since I've wrote. Everything has been a blur. The hazing, the hazing, and more hazing. I think the team is starting to accept me. We've got our first preseason game in just 4 days against the Jets! I'm 3rd on the depth chart, but I'm hopeful I'll get some action during this game. I'm doing better in practice. However, I still am getting dominated by Jeff Backus and Sean Buin the two LT's. It's disheartening when Sean blocks me because he is a rook too. I need to work on my swim moves. Right now, the coaches are giving me a "C" for preparation. I'm behind James Hall and Kalimba Edwards on the depth chart at RE.

Hopefully, I have a better practice tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
How much of this is added and how much of it is you adding in?

Not too much added. The girl chasing and partying and such is added, but the interviews and everything else were real. I embellished the answers VERY slightly.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-11-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 2, 2005 -

I practiced today! I actually sacked Harrington who was working with the second team! I put a good swim move on Sean and got to Joey! I tackled him high and he went down real quick. I also got a hurry on Jeff which he threw for a pick. The coaches think I did well in practice today. Maybe I can move up to 2nd string eventually.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 3, 2005 -

I was dominated today. I didn't do anything. However, I've been told to expect some time in the 2nd half of our first preseason game on the 5th. We just have some meetings tomorrow. No pads. Good, I'm sore.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 5, 2005 -

I'm excited. Coach Mariucci has told me to expect to play most of the 2nd half today. I can't wait to get on the field in front of a crowd.

The Jets have a good offensive line, but I'll probably be facing their second or third stringers.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

What a game! The crowd was roaring (for the Jets of course) when I took the field, but I swear I could hear my small NJ hometown contigent rooting for me as I took the field. I hope none of the fans started any thing with them. The first play was rather unpleasant as the backup left tackle, Ethan Brooks, put me n my ass. He dominated me most of the 3rd and 4th quarter in fact. However, midway through the 4th quarter, I managed to get a hand up and block one of Brooks Bollinger's passes and Vernon Fox almost picked it off.

Finally with 3 minutes left, it happened! I faked the inside move and spun to the outside. I beat him. I ran around him. I got to Bollinger and I took him down for my first professional sack! Yeah, yeah, I know it was just pre-season.

My line for the game: 1 tackle, 1 sack, and 1 pass deflected.

James Hall played very well in the 1st quarter, and it was clear that he will be holding onto the first string RE spot.

However, Kalimba Edwards also played very well. Maybe, the coach might start him at LE! If that happens, I might become the 2nd stringer at RE.

As far as the game, it was a sloppy game. Our offense was crisp for the 2 series that Kevin Jones was in there. That kid can carry the rock. He had 12 carries for 65 yards and 2 TD. Harrington benefitted from his presence, but Joey was horrible. He was lucky that 2 defensive pass interferences saved him from 2 picks.

Overall, he was 3 of 8 for 35 yards.

Garcia was worse as he managed to throw 2 picks and only completed 5 of 13 passes for 27 yards.

The team has been divided by these two and neither of them distinguished themself.

Dan Orlovsky looked the best, and I'm glad because he is a drinking buddy. my fellow rookie was 7 of 13 for 112 yards with 1 interception.

Speaking of bad QB play, James Hall injured Pennington on the 4th play of the Game. The word is that Pennington will miss at least half of the season with a torn abdominal muscle.

Well, Fielder came on and he threw 4 picks before we finally injured him on a strong sack by my USC Teammate Shaun Cody. Fielder suffered a broken collarbone and will miss at least part of the regular season.

Brooks Bollinger then came on, and did well for the most part.

In any case, thanks to the 14-0 lead that Kevin Jones helped us seize as well as all of Fielder's interceptions thrown, we won 34-24. I think our defense is going to be very good.

The play of the game defensively was when Boss Bailey intercepted a short pass intended for the TE and ran it back 54 yards for a TD.

The play of the game offensively was a pass from Orlovsky to Mike Williams down the right sideline for a 33 yard gain. Mike Williams had 3 or 4 catches for at least 60 yards today. My man can play.

Well, Hopefully what little I did impressed the coaches some.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was so excited about playing that I forgot to mention the most important news of all!

I signed my first professional contract last week!

I received a signing bonus of 460,000 dollars.

I'm receiving 1,500,000 base salary this year and 1,800,000 base salary next year. Seems like a very generous offer for a 3rd round pick. I guess I picked a good agent.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 8, 2005 -

Today we had two practices. The first practice I did very well early with a sack on Harrington and a hurry which led to Harrington's only interception of the day.

Joey actually looked surprisingly sharp today.

In the evening practice, I was lethargic and got pushed around too much.

The coaches gave me a "B" for the morning practice, and a "D" for the afternoon practice.

I can hear what my dad is going to say now, "You gotta be more consistent. Play with a high motor."
Old 08-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #23
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan27

great read so far.

are you using detroit playbook?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:59 AM   #24
gi
College Prospect

Agreed, great read so far. This is a new feature of 06? Letting you play just one guy?
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:26 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm using the Detroit playbook. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to have it play true "coach mode" on just offense, and let me play defense. Therefore, I will be controlling both the offense and defense.

On defense, I will only ever control my guy or the starter in front of him. I'll try to do my best with the starter in front of him.

Yes, gi, Superstar mode is one of the new features of Madden. You get an apartment and you can move into nicer places as you earn more money and fame. You can also customize your player's looks with different haircuts, tattoos, and equipment. The game also gives you different parent's (you can keep rejecting them if you want, but I didn't for thr purposes of this dynasty) and that is suppose to determine your abilities and best position. In my case, it was DL.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-12-2005 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 AM   #26
Emiliano
College Prospect

I've just finished reading this. Great read!!!

Also congratulations for you first sack David!!! BTW, what's your overall???
Old 08-12-2005, 08:21 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My overall is 80 heading into the preseason (which seems a bit high for a 3rd round pick, but whatever.)

I'm hoping that I'll progress some during this pre-season.

Just as an OOC note, David isn't my real name nor is Chris (for those reading my FM dynasty.) They are both just characters.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:36 AM   #28
The Phat Eskimo
n00b

Looks great so far...I'm goign to buy madden for PC when it comes out, becuase I can't take my PS2 to college.
The Phat Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:40 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks.

By the way, I was on call this weekend which delayed things slightly, but also I'm sort of deciding which level is best for me. It's looking like I'm going to switch my settings to All-Madden with a few sliders. After I've done a bit more testing, I'll post my changes and get back on track with this