Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #201
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

For example, I think 4 conferences of human players is getting too spread out in the west coast league. I think we should limit ourselves to only 3 conferences with 4 players per conference, or 6 teams per conference. I think if we dilute how many conferences human controlled teams are in, we dilute the multiplay recruiting experience to an extent. However, we'll need to vote on these types of issues.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-13-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #202
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
THIS IS ABSOLUTE INSANITY. BE PREPARED FOR MEGA POWNAGE (at the college level). i swear i will be uploading highlight clips of my pownage on a frequent basis.
Will you post highlights of losing to Memphis?
Old 06-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #203
DeToxRox
Head Coach

For my league, I'd agree with EF. 3 leagues, 4 teams. We can take a vote. I personally don't care if each league shares teams but we can leave that to popular opinion.

As far as our team picking go, I think drafting is best. I'll take the last pick and I can pull names for an order, or if someone can generate a random number thing, we can do that.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #204
Galaxy
Coordinator

Sorry folks. I got confuse by the draft idea. I thought you would randomly assign teams to each person. Now, I'm guessing a random draft order (lottery) in which will assign the order that each person can pick the school they want (within the guidelines).
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #205
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Dola -

For example, I think 4 conferences of human players is getting too spread out in the west coast league. I think we should limit ourselves to only 3 conferences with 4 players per conference, or 6 teams per conference. I think if we dilute how many conferences human controlled teams are in, we dilute the multiplay recruiting experience to an extent.

Regarding this, I think I'm the only person who picked a team in a Conference that doesn't even have 4 sub 80 teams. The only reason I chose Stanford is because I live 20 minutes away from the campus, and work 3 minutes away. I have no emotional attachment to them, so picking some random team that nobody else wants is fine with me too. I would almost prefer a team with a lower rating then most, just for the challenge of building them up. Draft or no draft, I'm fine either way. I can see how a draft could actually be fun, but I can also see where HA is coming from when he says if there are no problems with two owners wanting the same team, what's the big deal. When vote time comes, I'll probably take the trout option on that one.

PS - It sounds like RedKingGold is going to be a East Coast Leaguer.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #206
Ironhead
College Prospect

I am available most weekdays from 7 pm - 11 pm. My weekends are open for just about anytime.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #207
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Honestly, the draft is for the guys not in the thread as often as some, so they get a fair shake. I fully expect 90% of everyone to get the team they want though.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #208
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Sorry folks. I got confuse by the draft idea. I thought you would randomly assign teams to each person. Now, I'm guessing a random draft order (lottery) in which will assign the order that each person can pick the school they want (within the guidelines).

Yes, this is how I was envisioning it when I mentioned it. If you get lucky #1, you can pick any team you want within the conferences and other guidelines that we have agreed upon as a league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Honestly, the draft is for the guys not in the thread as often as some, so they get a fair shake. I fully expect 90% of everyone to get the team they want though.

Exactly. The biggest issue with getting a team, I think will be which conferences we decide to use.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #209
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, this is how I was envisioning it when I mentioned it. If you get lucky #1, you can pick any team you want within the conferences and other guidelines that we have agreed upon as a league.

Exactly. The biggest issue with getting a team, I think will be which conferences we decide to use.

I like the lottery system.

Hopefully we can get a separate forum or something along those lines. Perhaps do some type of voting where it's conference a vs. conference B to determine the conferences we use.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-13-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #210
DeToxRox
Head Coach

once we finalize the leagues, I'll start a thread for the draft.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #211
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I can usually play from 8PM-11PM on weeknights. Flexible on weekends.

I like the 3 conferences and 4 teams in each conf. If you schedule 1 human in non conf schedules that is at most 5 games to coordinate schedules for. It would allow the seasons to move along faster.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #212
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Count me in. I'm in Central Time and best times for me would general be from 7 to 11 weeknights (no Thursdays) or the weekend.

I'm flexible on teams. First time I do this and I guess I can't take my Missouri Tigers and dominate. I'd probably lean toward a Big 12 team that isn't KU or ISU but if we don't use the Big 12 I don't have a major preference.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #213
BigDPW
College Prospect

Yeah don't think because I stated a preference for NCSU that I don't support a randomized draft... I am fine with that... In fact it may be refreshing to get forced to pick someone else and if that is the case I am cool with it!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #214
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
once we finalize the leagues, I'll start a thread for the draft.

Any idea yet how to do the lottery? Use a deck of cards or something?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #215
msuballa
n00b

I would still like to be in the league. I am in EST time zone. When I can play changes from week to week, but I can always find time. I would like Michigan State when we do decide teams.
msuballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #216
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Same here. Plus, you increase the chances of playing each other for the national championships and bowl season. Plus, you could always set up non-conference games as well.

If we had too, we could always go with two players per BCS conference. You'll have representation in all six BCS conferences. It also would make the ability to allow more flexibility in the time zones (since you'll have more CPU opponents that you can play at any time).

I thought about playing 6 BCS conferences times 2 teams per conference, but then if someone quits, then the remaining person in that conference has a ridiculous advantage (even if it's just for a few weeks/games). It's like, I'm going to frequently lose to humans but frequently beat the AI. Put me alone in a BCS conference and I (or many others) may go undefeated even with a 77-rated team. That's not fair.

Quote:
Dola -

For example, I think 4 conferences of human players is getting too spread out in the west coast league. I think we should limit ourselves to only 3 conferences with 4 players per conference, or 6 teams per conference. I think if we dilute how many conferences human controlled teams are in, we dilute the multiplay recruiting experience to an extent. However, we'll need to vote on these types of issues.

The only reason I would vote for 4 BCS conferences with 3 teams each is because three of the BCS conferences (Big Ten, Pac 10, SEC) have 4 sub-80 teams each. That means if I want to be in the Big Ten and I have last pick, then I must pick a pre-designated team. Of course, we could make an exception and let people pick teams rated 81, 83, etc.

So yeah, many things to decide. I'm about ready to throw up a bunch of different polls in the dynasty section...but I don't want to piss off the boss

We should just post all the polls and have a public vote so we can see who votes for what. We should figure out the polls in advance.

Here are a few polls we definitely need (with the options):

How many minutes per quarter? 5,6,7,8,9 or more
Should we use BCS conferences? Yes/No
If so, how many BCS conferences should we use? 12 in 1 BCS, 6 in BCS, 4 in 3 BCS, 3 in 4 BCS, 2 in 6 BCS
Should we allow people to move to a higher-rated team if they do well? Yes/No
Should we allow people to move to a lower-rated team if they want to? Yes/No

There will be more questions to ask I'm sure, but those are a few that come to mind. Let's post more questions and I can compile them and throw up many polls when we decide we're ready.

Ben E Lou...please give us a dynasty sub-forum!!!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 AM   #217
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I thought about playing 6 BCS conferences times 2 teams per conference, but then if someone quits, then the remaining person in that conference has a ridiculous advantage (even if it's just for a few weeks/games). It's like, I'm going to frequently lose to humans but frequently beat the AI. Put me alone in a BCS conference and I (or many others) may go undefeated even with a 77-rated team. That's not fair.

The only reason I would vote for 4 BCS conferences with 3 teams each is because three of the BCS conferences (Big Ten, Pac 10, SEC) have 4 sub-80 teams each. That means if I want to be in the Big Ten and I have last pick, then I must pick a pre-designated team. Of course, we could make an exception and let people pick teams rated 81, 83, etc.

So yeah, many things to decide. I'm about ready to throw up a bunch of different polls in the dynasty section...but I don't want to piss off the boss

We should just post all the polls and have a public vote so we can see who votes for what. We should figure out the polls in advance.

Here are a few polls we definitely need (with the options):

How many minutes per quarter? 5,6,7,8,9 or more
Should we use BCS conferences? Yes/No
If so, how many BCS conferences should we use? 12 in 1 BCS, 6 in BCS, 4 in 3 BCS, 3 in 4 BCS, 2 in 6 BCS
Should we allow people to move to a higher-rated team if they do well? Yes/No
Should we allow people to move to a lower-rated team if they want to? Yes/No

There will be more questions to ask I'm sure, but those are a few that come to mind. Let's post more questions and I can compile them and throw up many polls when we decide we're ready.

Ben E Lou...please give us a dynasty sub-forum!!!

Good point on the 2 teams per conference concept. I like the idea of 4 conferences, 3 teams each. However, I'll go with whatever the vote is.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #218
Logan
Head Coach

While I already stated my preference for team, just wanted to throw it out there that I really could care less and whatever system is voted on (# of teams, draft/no draft) is cool with me.

I think our first question should be (sorry if this has been officially answered): Should both leagues use the same structure?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #219
wade moore
lolzcat

fwiw, i wasn't really trying to claim a team.. just saying what i'd do in a draft ... i would like to try UVA in-game before locking in on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #220
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

This is an update on how the leagues are looking so far.

For the Left Coast league so far I'm seeing the following people.

1. EaglesFan27
2. Hell Atlantic
3. bhlloy
4. cartman
5. Kodos
6. kingsnebwsu
7. Sir Fozzie
8. Galaxy
9. Sun Tzu
10. kcchief
11. Raiders Fan
12. Terps

For the East Coast league so far I'm seeing the following people

1. DeToxRox
2. Wade Moore
3. cmp
4. Ironhead
5. Logan
6. Kwhit
7. BigDPW
8. RedKingGold
9. msuballa
10. Mike1409
11. Jetsin06
12. Grammaticus

These people expressed interest, but then fell off the face of the earth...well at least in this thread.

1. INDalltheway
2. WVUFAN
3. PurdueBrad
4. astrosfan64

Success!!!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-15-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #221
Anthony
Banned

i like that people are putting so much thought into this. this kind of chitter chatter gets me friggin excited.

one question though: i see people being separated into one of 2 leagues. that i understand. but does that mean i will only play the people in the Left Coast, or will there be times when a guy in the Left Coast League plays the East Coast League? i guess what i'm asking is are these 2 leagues unique from each other (ie, Hell Atlantic controls Syracuse in Left Coast League and Logan controls Syracuse in East Coast League)? aren't there times when my team will have to play a team in the other league? i know we're dividing people into who can play at what time, but i know i would like to, at one point or another, play against wade or DeTox.

and why isn't Pumpy gonna be in this league? i need vengeance against his crappy Memphis Tigers.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #222
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Leagues only support up to 12 people, so we're trying to divide the leagues by A.) who lives closest to eachother for lag purposes, and B.) trying to eliminate scheduling conflicts as much as possible. So to answer your question, people in the west coast league will at no point (at least in the dynasty) play against people in the east coast league. Maybe if NCAA '10 has more than 12 people per league that will happen, but definetely not this year.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-14-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #223
Logan
Head Coach

Don't worry HA, I'll give you a beatdown outside of the online league.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #224
Galaxy
Coordinator

I didn't pick up last year's version (played it, at least the games). So I have a few questions:

1) Can you change your offensive and defensive play book (and set your run/pass; blitz %)? If so, this will impact the type of players you recruit (a quick quarterback will express more interest (and be much easier to recruit) over a pocket passer)?

2) Can you build pipelines? How much of a factor will they have?

3) Will online dynasty allow for players to declare early and transfer?

4) Will you have a "trophy room" just for your online dynasty?

5) Will this year's playbooks still have all the trick plays and such?

6) You'll still be able to challenge calls (and booth reviews), correct?

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-14-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #225
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1. You can set your playbook and your run/pass percentages (not blitz) but it only affects simmed games. If you play out your games, it will have no effect. Recruits consider about a dozen factors now, and play style is one of them. Others are things such as facilities, academic rep, conference prestige, TV exposure, pro development rep, etc.

2. I can't remember if pipelines were in last year's game or not. They were in old gen NCAA football.

3. Yes, it should allow players to declare early. You'll have a chance to convince players to change their mind and stay (but it will cost recruiting points.) I don't believe the game has players transferring, but if you make promises and don't keep them, you will take a hit to your reputation which will make recruiting harder.

4. Not sure, but it will probably be a section of the trophy room.

5. There are a few trick plays, and plenty of automotion plays. According to a recent blog, they added several hundred plays and multiple new formations. Team playbooks should be bigger than they ever have been.

6. Online, you haven't been able to challenge calls in the past, and I think that is still the case this year.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #226
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

When does this game come out?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #227
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 15th. Demo will be out in 5 days.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-14-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #228
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

So I clicked on the "Dynasty Forum Polls" subforum of the "Dynasty Reports" thread. There have been no posts there in the last 30 days. I vote we make that our home. Both for the pre-season and once the thing gets going. I think once the HNIC sees how many posts are going there that he will just change it over to an NCAA forum

Once we get all of the players setup in the leagues, I will go crazy and post all necessary polls there. Anyone have any other questions that we need to put to a vote? I think I covered almost every question in an earlier post. 31 days til launch and probably around 36 til we start the league. I think we should wait several days to start the league because I'm certain the servers will be *slammed* the first few days. Also I'd like to try a few teams out before I decide who to roll with. I think this online dynasty has the potential to be pretty sweet (duh).

Also, does someone want to take the initiative to PM the people on the fence? I'll try and do it tomorrow if I have time. If someone could just say that we're still looking for 4 more people total for the leagues and to post in this thread if they want in/when they're available, that would rock.

BTW, I'm flexible on what league I could play in. I'll go whereever I'm needed. I'm in the midwest but I can stay up later than some of the FOFC'ers who have to work at 6 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #229
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
1. You can set your playbook and your run/pass percentages (not blitz) but it only affects simmed games. If you play out your games, it will have no effect. Recruits consider about a dozen factors now, and play style is one of them. Others are things such as facilities, academic rep, conference prestige, TV exposure, pro development rep, etc.

2. I can't remember if pipelines were in last year's game or not. They were in old gen NCAA football.

3. Yes, it should allow players to declare early. You'll have a chance to convince players to change their mind and stay (but it will cost recruiting points.) I don't believe the game has players transferring, but if you make promises and don't keep them, you will take a hit to your reputation which will make recruiting harder.

4. Not sure, but it will probably be a section of the trophy room.

5. There are a few trick plays, and plenty of automotion plays. According to a recent blog, they added several hundred plays and multiple new formations. Team playbooks should be bigger than they ever have been.

6. Online, you haven't been able to challenge calls in the past, and I think that is still the case this year.

1. How is the "pro style" determine? Is it through those ratings?

5. I remember the "Wildcat offense" and the statue of liberty plays.

6. Kind of strange.

Going back to point number one, I think the lottery could be a lot more interesting. You have several factors to consider: location (as well recruiting competition), conference (a 12-team, 2-division conference or a 10-team format, the competitors in the conference, the number and quality of automatic bowl tie-ins (which the SEC seems to win here), current roster (which could bring in your stragety on the type of systems you want to run, will those systems fit the roster, do you sacrifice a roster with more talent already for the previous factors listed).

Do the BCS bowls have "tie-ins" with the exception of the Rose Bowl (if both Pac-10 and Big 10 champions don't make the BCS title game)?

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-14-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #230
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
July 15th.

The day I have surgery out-of-state.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #231
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Funny, I will be in Vegas from the 12th through the night of the 15th. My Flight leaves around 7:30 so I wont be able to actually pick up the game until day after release. Damn you EA release date guys.

Using that Poll sub-forum sounds good to me. I've actually already PM'ed astrosfan, and was planning to do the same with others.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #232
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Funny, I will be in Vegas from the 12th through the night of the 15th. My Flight leaves around 7:30 so I wont be able to actually pick up the game until day after release. Damn you EA release date guys.

Using that Poll sub-forum sounds good to me. I've actually already PM'ed astrosfan, and was planning to do the same with others.

Yeah, but I should be back the 16th (the 15th if I could find a really late flight due to the time of my surgery).
Old 06-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #233
Galaxy
Coordinator

A website I came across:
http://www.random.org/sequences/

How about we assign each player a number, then you run the generator.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #234
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kudos to Sun Tzu for making the PM's and posting a new thread. Thanks It would be great to get things set up so when release day comes we don't have to scramble to organize both leagues.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #235
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

*update*

I added Raiders Fan to the west coast league (CST) and Jetsin06 to the east coast league (EST).

1 more spot left in each!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-15-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:35 AM   #236
Terps
College Prospect

I'm on the east coast, weekends are bad for me because that's my busiest time at work. But I'm a night owl so most days I'm available after 10-11 p.m. or earlier on my days off.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:52 AM   #237
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm in CST.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #238
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

That's it! We now have 12 "for sure" people in each league. Terps even though you're on the east coast, since you're such a night owl I slapped ya in the west coast league. Grammaticus PMed me saying he's east coast too, but not nearly the night owl you are. We should get the threads going in the polls section and have everybody give a once over just to be sure their availability matches up with the league they will be in.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-15-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #239
Anthony
Banned

perhaps we can have, at the end of each section - the guy from each league who finishes with the best record (and highest in the rankings) play against each other, for some type of overall FOFC NCAA Championship. at least there way there's some sort of connection among both leagues. i wouldn't go so far to say for a big tourney or anything, just one game - best from both leagues - for bragging rights.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #240
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
perhaps we can have, at the end of each section - the guy from each league who finishes with the best record (and highest in the rankings) play against each other, for some type of overall FOFC NCAA Championship. at least there way there's some sort of connection among both leagues. i wouldn't go so far to say for a big tourney or anything, just one game - best from both leagues - for bragging rights.

I don't think you can take teams from a dynasty and play them outside of your dynasty. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #241
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Galaxy is right on this one. Maybe we can come up with something similar...I dunno we'll see. It's a good idea though.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #242
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking about setting up polls for the West Coast League, but I think a few of them will be after the game is released when we can see how it plays. For example, if it plays quicker than last year, that might affect the ideal quarter length for everyone. However, I'll start posting the polls that we can decide now such as how many conferences, team's overall rating cutoff, etc.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #243
Galaxy
Coordinator

Off topic, but I wish Football Manager/CM had an online system. That would be amazing.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-15-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:36 PM   #244
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Oops, EF, I already posted 2 polls per league. I didn't even read this thread when I saw there was a new forum. I posted polls for quarter length and player movement. It will be good to have a basic idea for what we want to do even if we decide to change quarter length after the game is released.

On a side note, we need to name the leagues. East Coast&West Coast is fine to start, but we need something more FOFC.

Like the Western Dolamites & the Eastern Gindins. I just woke up, so that's the best I got Better suggestions are welcome.

I'm sure this thread will get a lot of action when people get back to work on Monday. I'll try not to go too poll-crazy until later on
Old 06-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #245
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
and why isn't Pumpy gonna be in this league? i need vengeance against his crappy Memphis Tigers.
I've discovered that I have a hard time keeping up with online leagues. I guess there's a chance that I'll sign up for one of these leagues, but I doubt it.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Oops, EF, I already posted 2 polls per league. I didn't even read this thread when I saw there was a new forum. I posted polls for quarter length and player movement. It will be good to have a basic idea for what we want to do even if we decide to change quarter length after the game is released.

On a side note, we need to name the leagues. East Coast&West Coast is fine to start, but we need something more FOFC.

Like the Western Dolamites & the Eastern Gindins. I just woke up, so that's the best I got Better suggestions are welcome.

I'm sure this thread will get a lot of action when people get back to work on Monday. I'll try not to go too poll-crazy until later on

No problem. I like the enthusiasm and am also anxious to get this started.

Agreed that we need a better name for the league, but I haven't thought of any good ideas, yet.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #247
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Not sure how many of you read Operation Sports, but Adam a developer on there has said the demo is done (certified too apparently) and could be available whenever Microsoft and Sony post it. Sony usually only updates their store on Thursdays, but it is quite possible Microsoft will have it up sooner. Either way, it should be no later than the 19th.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #248
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I vote we have the FOFC Cocky League and FOFC Funny League
Old 06-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #249
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A producer over at NCAA Strategies was answering a question about what are the improvements to dynasty mode and here was the answer. It should apply to online dynasties as well which will be helpful to anyone who has to go to CPU control for a few weeks:

A majority of our development time for dynasty went towards online dynasty this year, but while there are not large wholesale changes/new features we were able to add some features that I think will improve the dynasty experience.

the first is the addition of the "quick call" during recruiting. This will allow you to breeze through the week to week recruiting by selecting how much time you want to spend with a prospect, then simulating the phone call to find the results. You can still go through and call the prospect and do the whole phone call manually if you would like, but the quick call is a great way to speed through the week to week recruiting.

Another addition is "Recruiting Strategy", this is a series of screens that allow you to setup your recruiting priorities for the current recruiting year. You can determine how much control the CPU can have when simulating, determine what your preferred position tendency is (i.e. a scrambler, pocket passing, or balanced QB), as well as how important each position group is to your recruiting efforts that year. All of this information is used by the CPU to help manage your recruiting board or guide the CPU in contacting prospects when you allow the CPU to simulate any portion of your recruiting (or fill your recruiting board).

Also, on the Recruiting board we have added the ability to reorder the recruiting board based on interest in your school, needs, or the prospect's caliber. This will allow you to quickly reorder the recruiting board without having to manually move each prospect. Also, if you are looking to add a new player to your recruiting board you can do it right from the recruiting board screen. Here you can select the position, tendency, caliber and interest level and search the prospect database for the best possible match, you can either automatically add the best match to your board, or view the top matches to make your own selection.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #250
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I hope this post doesn't get buried.

How many different online leagues can you participate in? It'd be cool to do an FOFC league & maybe a league with 1 of my friends.