Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #551
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree.

Cronin, please stop causing problems.

but seriosly, I'm not voting for Cronin.

Of course not, why would one wolf vote for another?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #552
RendeR
Coordinator

#1 Sorry for not voting, I was still at the hospital with my mother and had no access yesterday till after 1-ish.

#2 Even after 1-ish I was still dealing with GF issues and spent the majority of the day dealing with that.

#3 You all post too fucking much for a day 1 freaking vote.

#4 Clap:Not sure what real difference it makes moving the night order deadline. If you don't have them in two hours what makes you assume you'll get them all in 1 hour? Or maybe I'm confused
as to why you want to change the night deadline?

#5 I have intentionally been more quiet in the last few months because being the outlandishly assinine player I started out being simply got me lynched faster. So yeah, I've been quiet more lately. Thanks to lathum for pointing that out to people.

#6 The noon deadline is tough on me in general as I work from 2-10 and it lands right in the middle of my "gettting ready for work/running errands before work" time. So i'll probably be very quiet at and after deadlines.

#7 Holy shit, SEVEN? didn't know I had that much to say....

#8 Interesting night kill, Alan is of course a great plyer on both sides of the ball so the wolves simply took out a top player they knew could hurt them. This tells me two things: The wolves have at least 1 very experienced player with them and they are playing to win and win big by going for the throat on top players right from the gun.

#9 I think I'm done now.

#10 Had to add this one, I like even numbers.

Ren
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #553
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

#4 RendeR- I think 1 hour will be fine for everyone to get their orders in...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #554
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
#4 Clap:Not sure what real difference it makes moving the night order deadline. If you don't have them in two hours what makes you assume you'll get them all in 1 hour? Or maybe I'm confused
as to why you want to change the night deadline?

I think he was going to change it because he got all the night orders in way before two hours had passed.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:03 PM   #555
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think he was going to change it because he got all the night orders in way before two hours had passed.

You think the orders were received way before two hours passed...

interesting...

I guess you had Alan T preselected for your target pretty early?

Old 05-31-2008, 09:44 PM   #556
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
You think the orders were received way before two hours passed...

interesting...

I guess you had Alan T preselected for your target pretty early?

Unfortunately for me I don't have any night actions, and I never would've killed Alan on his birthday.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:00 PM   #557
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote oliegirl

She drug her poor husband to see the Sex in the City movie. Wolf or not, I think she deserves this vote.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #558
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
vote oliegirl

She drug her poor husband to see the Sex in the City movie. Wolf or not, I think she deserves this vote.

i was out with a girl the other night who has no idea what sex and the city is

i win
Old 05-31-2008, 11:59 PM   #559
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i was out with a girl the other night who has no idea what sex and the city is

i win

Sounds like a keeper
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #560
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola, oh wait. Does she not know what "Sex and the City" was, or sex and the city? There's a BIG difference and that depends on whether you win or not.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #561
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
vote oliegirl

That is the crappiest reason for a vote I've ever seen...

VOTE EAGLEFAN

If you remove yours, I'll remove mine
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #562
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh. Right.

Vote Mccolins

I think I've made my view on him abundantly clear.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #563
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
If you remove yours, I'll remove mine

Must...resist...urge...to...comment...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #564
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I still think she earned the vote for what she did to her husband, but...

unvote oliegirl
Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #565
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I still think she earned the vote for what she did to her husband, but...

unvote oliegirl

You're too easy.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #566
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
You're too easy.

Not only that, why did he vote oliegirl after accusing three other people of being wolves with no reasoning?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #567
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Not only that, why did he vote oliegirl after accusing three other people of being wolves with no reasoning?

It was a joke, read the reason.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #568
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: now I remember what I liked about this game when I tried it te first time, when people try to read way too much into things. I would try to prod pass a bit after that but I really don't have any reason to think he is a wolf so far.

I still think that one, or maybe two of the following are wolves:

mccollins
PurdueBrad
jeheinz

I wouldn't be surprised if either cronin or RendeR were (at least one of them have been in each of the games that I have been in, IIRC).
Old 06-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #569
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

OK. Finally had some time to sit and review Friday's actions...right now, my suspect list is:

Heinz
McCollins
Lathum
PerdueBrad.

My other almost suspect is CW, but my gut tells me that it's just a case of his first game back and not realizing that moving votes a lot can draw suspicion. He's just not pinging my wolfdar at all.

I'm not sure where I'll be moving my vote yet, but it will almost certainly be to one of these 4. In the mean time...

UNVOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 06-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #570
st.cronin
General Manager

Alan T voted for PurdueBrad on day 1.

If we assume PurdueBrad is a doggy, the following people look somewhat suspicious based on day 1 play (note that much of this analysis requires the assumption that hoopsguy is a kitteh):

oliegirl (voted for hoopsguy after PurdueBrad got his 2nd vote)
jeheinz72 (voted for hoopsguy after PB got his 3rd vote)
EagleFan (1st vote on PB, unvoted after Lathum's vote, later voted for hoopsguy)
dangarion (throwaway vote on Lathum)
Seolian (tried to vote for Lathum, then changed his mind)
mccollins (throwaway vote on EagleFan)

On the other hand, the following people look ok:

Lathum (3rd vote on PB, although he later unvoted)
Coffee Warlord (moved to oliegirl after she voted hoops, later moved to PurdueBrad)
Chief Rum (3rd vote on PB)
Passacaglia (despite his hijinks he was the last, and potentially deciding, vote on PB)

There was a very strange sequence where heinz, mccollins, and KWhit all switched to me, and then mccollins later switched OFF of me - it very much looked like he was afraid of having voted for a lynched villager. I also can't really make any sense of Lathum's moves.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #571
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Olie, care to elabotare why you suspect hese people?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #572
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Alan T voted for PurdueBrad on day 1.

If we assume PurdueBrad is a doggy,

I *assume* that since there is no evidence that says I'm a dog/wolf, that you'll be posting one of these for every other candidate from the vote as well.

As for Alan T., I wouldn't be THAT bad a wolf to kill someone that voted for me and, frankly, I wouldn't kill someone on their birthday.

But since you seem set on railroading me, continue.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #573
st.cronin
General Manager

If on the other hand we assume hoopsguy is a doggy, we get the following:

looks suspicious:
Passacaglia (moved off of hoopsguy at the deadline)
Lathum (ditto)
mccollins (went out of his way not to vote for hoopsguy)
Coffee Warlord (switched onto PB towards the deadline)
jeheinz72 (switched onto me towards the deadline)
KWhit (switched onto me towards the deadline)

I may have missed somebody there - there was a lot of movement towards me and PB.

The only person who comes out looking good in this analysis is, I think, oliegirl - 2nd vote on hoopsguy, always a dangerous vote.

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #574
st.cronin
General Manager

If we assume that PB, hoopsguy, and st.cronin are all kittehs:

I'm not sure the best way to analzye this, but I think NOT changing your vote actually becomes more suspicious if we realize that the top candidates are all villager. These players didn't move their vote at all:

The Jackal (KWhit)
oliegirl (hoopsguy)
Chief Rum (PurdueBrad)
dangarion (Lathum)
Seolian (Coffee Warlord) sort of

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #575
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to have to play Chief Rum style for the next couple of days with the noon deadline and some client commitments. Which means that I'm likely going to have to vote in the evenings and not be around for the next two days in the mornings leading up to the deadline.

I started doing some voting analysis on Friday afternoon, but it is on that laptop (got a new one at home now). I'll pull that up this evening and post some comments afterwards.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #576
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If we assume that PB, hoopsguy, and st.cronin are all kittehs:

I'm not sure the best way to analzye this, but I think NOT changing your vote actually becomes more suspicious if we realize that the top candidates are all villager. These players didn't move their vote at all:

The Jackal (KWhit)
oliegirl (hoopsguy)
Chief Rum (PurdueBrad)
dangarion (Lathum)
Seolian (Coffee Warlord) sort of

I understand the thought process here, but I don't think many of these people were around with the opportunity to change their votes. I'm pretty sure this is true for Jackal and Chief Rum, while I believe it is also the case for Oliegirl. The other two were playing their first day of werewolf.

If all three involved parties are kittahs (I think there is a reasonably good chance that this is true) then I don't think there is much that you take away from the votes on this day. I agree with your thoughts on staying in place, but looking at that list there isn't one person with any WW experience who was around for the whirlwind that was Friday morning.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #577
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the record, I wouldn't have a huge problem with killing Alan on his birthday if I were a wolf. Heck, that has already happened to me in a game (thanks again, SnDvls!)

I think anyone suggesting that they wouldn't make this particular kill is posturing. If you are a wolf and Alan is a villager then he should be on your short list of people to kill, especially in games where he hasn't attracted suspicion. The biggest worry in going after someone like Alan is that they might be guarded. That said, the "optimal play" thread suggests that most people stay home Night 1 as bodyguard.

I'm honestly not sure where I'm going with this, except to suggest that a claim of "I wouldn't kill Alan if I was a wolf" is probably bunk, whether that claim is being made by a villager or a wolf.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #578
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thx Cronin, appreciate at least the fair play angle.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #579
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
For the record, I wouldn't have a huge problem with killing Alan on his birthday if I were a wolf. Heck, that has already happened to me in a game (thanks again, SnDvls!)

I think anyone suggesting that they wouldn't make this particular kill is posturing. If you are a wolf and Alan is a villager then he should be on your short list of people to kill, especially in games where he hasn't attracted suspicion. The biggest worry in going after someone like Alan is that they might be guarded. That said, the "optimal play" thread suggests that most people stay home Night 1 as bodyguard.

I'm honestly not sure where I'm going with this, except to suggest that a claim of "I wouldn't kill Alan if I was a wolf" is probably bunk, whether that claim is being made by a villager or a wolf.

My major claim is that I wouldn't kill or even allow the killing of someone that voted for me. That would just further point the suspicion finger at me. I would've picked someone that voted for Hoops or Cronin because it would make them look suspicious or a completely thrown away vote to cause chaos.

As for the b-day thing, that's just mean.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #580
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, going back to Day 1 - for sake of argument, you aren't a wolf. What do you see looking at the votes for you and the movement up and around the deadline?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #581
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I understand the thought process here, but I don't think many of these people were around with the opportunity to change their votes. I'm pretty sure this is true for Jackal and Chief Rum, while I believe it is also the case for Oliegirl. The other two were playing their first day of werewolf.

If all three involved parties are kittahs (I think there is a reasonably good chance that this is true) then I don't think there is much that you take away from the votes on this day. I agree with your thoughts on staying in place, but looking at that list there isn't one person with any WW experience who was around for the whirlwind that was Friday morning.

I thought the same thing. But, you have to start somewhere, and I think those names still represent a good starting point.

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #582
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Here's a little explanation of my suspects

mccollins - was he trying to save cronin? not sure here. I need to look a little farther into this.

jeheinz - late vote switch onto cronin, this could have been an attempt to save PurdueBrad which could mean we found two wolves here if that is the case.

PurdueBrad - he is on the list because I have never been on the same side as him and if the trend continues than he has fangs, also I tend to suspect him because he seems to try a little too hard to act like a villager when I have seen him be a wolf (with that said I do have limited exposure to the game so maybe he has acted the same in his other games as well but the times when I was a wolf and he was a villager I wasn're really paying attention to how he acted).

cronin - now on the list, he fooled me when he was a wolf in my first game so I may be overly suspicious but I like his attempt at swaying public opinion in his breakdown of what the votes mean for the top three vote getters on day one. The only scenerio he didn't mention in his posts was one of HIM being a wolf.

We may have a pair of wolves in the mix of these 4. jeheinz and PurdueBrad or mccollins and cronin

With that said I am going to go with:

vote cronin

I am on the fence between him and PurdueBrad at this time though but cronin's subtle attempt to sway opinion in his recap makes me more suspicious of him.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #583
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, you might try this: Look at people who switched and moved AWAY from PurdueBrad and st.cronin.

I think that's just Lathum and mccollins.

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #584
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My CoT depends upon the next vote. If my 50/50 theory holds up and we end up getting a wolf out of there, the ones on the other side now become trusted, or close to trusted.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #585
st.cronin
General Manager

EagleFan - you are more than welcome to do an analysis of yesterday's votes with the assumption that I am a wolf. I didn't do that because it would be a waste of my energy.

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #586
The Jackal
Coordinator

If I had been around at the deadline I probably would have moved my vote off KWhit. I don't much like casting damning votes on people, but ties suck.

The day one voting results lays some groundwork for us in future days but at this point we don't have any knowns so it's hard to use it. I'm only saying that because I'm not sure the right way to go for this lynch. I'm leaning towards one of the people that has already been under fire, because it seems like there was enough vote movement to suggest one of those candidates is a dogwolf.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #587
st.cronin
General Manager

mccollins was not trying to save me. If he were trying to save me, he would have voted PurdueBrad or hoopsguy, not Coffee Warlord.

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #588
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The day one voting results lays some groundwork for us in future days but at this point we don't have any knowns so it's hard to use it.

There are no public knowns, but there are two sort-of seers, who have some data to work with. There is also a spy.

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #589
st.cronin
General Manager

dola - the only player that you can interpret as trying to save me is, I think, Passacaglia. But I think he was just trying to prevent a tie.

knives out
Old 06-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #590
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

As for Alan T., I wouldn't be THAT bad a wolf to kill someone that voted for me

The problem with that is that you had five votes on you. If you are a wolf that isn't involved in a wolf/wolf tie then you should not have a wolf vote on you. Chief Rum is the only one of the five who wasn't around to move it in the event that there was an unintended run on you.

Alan is a known good, there are four others on you that are not wolves if you are a wolf. You have wolf teammates - probably three others? So that is a total of eight (nine including you) people that you would not kill at night. In a game with 17 players. Oh, and you are going to extend this same logic to people who voted for another one of your wolf teammates, so they don't have to respond to the same question?

I'm pretty tempted to vote for you to see if there are lessons to take away from Day 1. Add to it that your "I wouldn't kill Alan" reasons both strike me as disingenous ... I'm at a point now where I'm looking for reasons to talk myself into voting someone else rather than going with you.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #591
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
for hoopsguy:

Coffee Warlord votes Hoopsguy (111)
EagleFan votes PurdueBrad (128)
KWhit votes jeheinz72 (133)
Lathum votes Coffee Warlord (135)
The Jackal votes KWhit (140)
jeheinz72 votes The Jackal (150)
st.cronin votes Lathum (157)
PurdueBrad votes st.cronin (168)
st.cronin unvotes Lathum, votes PurdueBrad (174)
oliegirl votes hoopsguy (185)
Lathum unvotes Coffee Warlord, votes PurdueBrad (187)
Coffee Warlord unvotes hoopsguy, votes oliegirl (188)
jeheinz72 unvotes The Jackal, votes hoopsguy (189)
Seolian votes Coffee Warlord (193)
EagleFan unvotes PurdueBrad (197)
Chief Rum votes PurdueBrad (201)
EagleFan votes hoopsguy (203)
dangarion votes Lathum (204)
Seolian unvotes Coffee Warlord, votes Lathum (207) ***I think this vote was ruled illegal
Alan T votes PurdueBrad (209)
mccollins votes EagleFan (218)
PurdueBrad unvotes st.cronin, votes for mccollins (232)
Lathum unvotes PurdueBrad, votes mccollins (235)

hoopsguy votes jeheinz72 (250)
jeheinz72 unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (270)
mccollins unvotes EagleFan, votes st.cronin (283)

KWhit unvotes jeheinz72, votes st.cronin (290)
st.cronin gets nervous
Passacaglia votes hoopsguy (299)
Coffee Warlord unvotes oliegirl, votes PurdueBrad (311)
PurdueBrad unvotes mccollins (313)
Lathum unvotes mccollins, votes hoopsguy (314)

hoopsguy unvotes jeheinz72, votes st.cronin (318)
mccollins unvotes st.cronin, votes Coffee Warlord (358)
PurdueBrad votes hoopsguy (364)
Lathum unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (366)

Passacaglia unvotes hoopsguy, votes PurdueBrad (367)
PurdueBrad unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (371)

Lathum, to answer your question - the bolded votes are the ones that caught my attention. The 4 of you just seemed to be voting very close together, moving your votes around, on and off the same people. I might be way off base, but right now, this is all I've got to go off of...tomorrow's vote will hopefully give us some more information.

As for my vote, it was a day 1 vote. I had nothing to go off of in this game, so I just went off past experience. I've played at least 2 games where Hoops is a wolf, and probably more. That vote wasn't based on anything in this game, I would have moved it if there had been damning information on someone, but we didn't so I just stayed where I was. I'm not a player to move votes without reason, if you've played with me before you know that. I think there are patterns to be found in Day 1 votes, but only in "blocks"...who voted with whom and that type of thing, not necessarily who voted for whom - unless we manage to catch a wolf with a Day 1 vote, then it's a whole different analysis.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #592
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
mccollins was not trying to save me. If he were trying to save me, he would have voted PurdueBrad or hoopsguy, not Coffee Warlord.

At the time, mccollins moving his vote to me doomed hoops. More last second switching went on after that, but at the time, it forced PB into voting hoops to save himself.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #593
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm gonna go with my gut here and get a vote in early so as to avoid missing it tomorrow (I have a tennis match at 11:30 then work at 2pm)

So here is my vote, I'll try to doublecheck things in the morning.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #594
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
My major claim is that I wouldn't kill or even allow the killing of someone that voted for me. That would just further point the suspicion finger at me.

which is exactly why you would do that.

VOTE PERDUEBRAD
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #595
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
dola: now I remember what I liked about this game when I tried it te first time, when people try to read way too much into things. I would try to prod pass a bit after that but I really don't have any reason to think he is a wolf so far.

I still think that one, or maybe two of the following are wolves:

mccollins
PurdueBrad
jeheinz

I wouldn't be surprised if either cronin or RendeR were (at least one of them have been in each of the games that I have been in, IIRC).

So if that was a joke, why are you now calling out these three, when earlier you were accusing cronin, Lathum, and The Jackal? I realize you were being flip in your earlier accusations, but when you throw crap around at everyone, you pretty much devalue whatever it is you're trying to say.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #596
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, going back to Day 1 - for sake of argument, you aren't a wolf. What do you see looking at the votes for you and the movement up and around the deadline?

I'm tempted to say it was villager-villager-villager and the switches were meant to do just what they did, create chaos. I still don't trust you or Cronin but I don't get the moves to try and force my hand. You know what though, maybe you and Cronin are wolves and all that movement was to try and steer enough votes on me, I don't know.

From the votes, I'm likely on my way out, which I guess I shouldn't complain about since it gives my thumb a break for a week or so, so I'll just take the votes and let you guys see the results. Maybe you'll see something that you made a mistake so look at who drove both votes on me.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #597
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

vote coffeewarlord
Old 06-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #598
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote count:
Warlord - mccollins (493), Purdue (597)
Cronin - heinz (505)
PB - Cronin (506), Pass (508), RendeR (593), Lathum (594)
mccollins - Warlord (562)
Old 06-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #599
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
vote coffeewarlord

Why CW? Same reasons as mccollins or do you have different reasons?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #600
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Warlord - mccollins (493), Purdue (597)
Cronin - heinz (505)
PB - Cronin (506), Pass (508), RendeR (593), Lathum (594)
mccollins - Warlord (562)

Im off tommorow, so I wont be updateing the count alot. I will be back from my emitions test for deadline, and im putting off my long awaited DMV trip till after but you will have to do your own dealine coutns.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote