Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #251
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Right now then, on me are: St. Cronin, Chief Rum, Alan T.

St. Cronin I think is on me because he feels I spread things out too much with my first vote, which also happened to be on him.

Chief Rum because I drafted poorly

Alan T. because, well, I don't know, but I probably don't want to vote for a guy on his birthday.

I have three very good veteran players on which would make it hard to turn things around on any of them, at least until there is a more defined voting or track record.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #252
hoopsguy
General Manager

Of those three, I think Chief's logic was the most suspect (yes, I get that it is Day 1), followed by Cronin, and Alan (who I pretty much agree with in his viewing the voting dynamic).

But I'm more inclined to look to my list, because I know I'm not a wolf while I suspect you are not. I also think the vote/unvote stuff with Heinz + Eagle is considerably more suspect than Cronin.

I'm also finding it interesting how accomodating you are capable of being with your neck on the line alongside mine Day 1. Usually I find you to be the hardest guy in the room to persuade that my thoughts make sense
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #253
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hoops (et al) I voted for you because I thought we were headed for a 2-person showdown and people (IIRC Cronin and Lathum) were pushing that we had too many candidates and it was time to consolidate. Given that I'm a kitteh and am more or less voting randomly, I picked between you and PB.

Why you over PB? Just gut really. And I wanted to see where it led us. FTR, it led me to think you're sounding a lot like you did in the Chess game on Day One, when you were a wolf. But that could just be my wishful thinking.

I think given the events I'd be interested in looking at Lathum and Cronin. It's a pretty simple wolf battle plan to be opportunistic and pull the "ok no more new candidates" ploy if the leading vote getters and/or most of the vote getters overall weren't wolves.

Particularly peculiar is Cronin who has always championed the "Vote for who you think is a wolf, vote-count be damned" line of thinking but now says we are too spread out.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #254
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll be honest, I have no idea how to even try to get out of a day 1 lynch. I'm a terrible day 1 player, no matter which side I'm on. I argue and base my decisions on what I've seen but on day 1 MOST votes are random, with the wolves at a big advantage of being able to swing things. I feel like all I can say is "I'm good" which just sounds wolfy. How do you argue against "random vote" or "he picked Shie Lebouf"?

Accomodating=lost/desparate at this point! Hell Hoops, if I'm willing to listen to whatever you say, I am in trouble.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #255
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Particularly peculiar is Cronin who has always championed the "Vote for who you think is a wolf, vote-count be damned" line of thinking but now says we are too spread out.

That's a great point. He was all over my ass in one of the earlier games because I did that (voted for one of the two top vote getters).

Where did he make comments the other way in this game? I may have missed it.

If he really is changing his stance like that, he'd be pinging my wolfdar.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #256
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
That's a great point. He was all over my ass in one of the earlier games because I did that (voted for one of the two top vote getters).

Where did he make comments the other way in this game? I may have missed it.

If he really is changing his stance like that, he'd be pinging my wolfdar.

To the best of my knowledge hedidn't say it, but he argued for less candidates, I threw my vote out on him actually, and then he immediately unvoted and voted me which got an early snowball going. I am *conjecturing* that that is why he voted for me.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #257
mccollins
College Prospect

What's the deal with a throwaway? Why is that viewed as negative?

No one knows who to vote for. I didn't want to vote for hoops or PB because:
1) I think hoops gets a raw deal for being an experienced player, and
2) I became pawn buddies with PB last game.

I didn't want to place a 2nd vote on someone and be the leader driving suspicion on some random person. So I wanted to pick someone who had no vote on them and who also could be a wolf hiding out with their vote on one of the leaders.

So I picked Eagle. I'll switch closer to deadline out of self-preservation if need be.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #258
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

When exactly is the deadline again?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #259
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

FYI, I was right, I am being forced to WORK (the humanity) so anyone wants to keep updates of votes, is appreciated!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #260
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

noon EST

GIT R DUN!!!

Last edited by claphamsa : 05-30-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #261
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Actually, this line of thinking has heinz pinging my wolfdar. It's Day 1. I know that cronin usually says vote for who you think is a wolf without worrying about vote count, but this is Day 1 -- does anyone really think that someone else is a wolf with more than 20-25% certainty (that's a rhetorical question -- I don't want to get in a probabilities pissing match here)? Too many candidates make it hard to tell who the wolves were trying to save close to deadline. On the other hand, too few candidates means there's a good chance we're villager/villager. I'm not saying we need to consolidate now, but it should probably happen in an hour or so. I see four candidates now -- hoops and PB at 3, mccollins and jeheinz72 at 2. I think candidates with 1 and 0 are still viable at this point, if people want to argue for them.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #262
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
ok basicly what i hav argued in mai lolcats is two many cadnidates with just one voat. its two spred out. so i chainged mai voat.

I found it.

His arguments were the exact opposite when he was trying to get me lynched in a previous game.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #263
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Seriously, totally random vote:
Vote EagleFan

Haven't voted yet: Hoops (said he will), Passacaglia, RendeR

Votes like that relatively late in the voting cycle worry me.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #264
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
What's the deal with a throwaway? Why is that viewed as negative?

No one knows who to vote for. I didn't want to vote for hoops or PB because:
1) I think hoops gets a raw deal for being an experienced player, and
2) I became pawn buddies with PB last game.

I didn't want to place a 2nd vote on someone and be the leader driving suspicion on some random person. So I wanted to pick someone who had no vote on them and who also could be a wolf hiding out with their vote on one of the leaders.

So I picked Eagle. I'll switch closer to deadline out of self-preservation if need be.

A throwaway is viewed as negative because it looks like you're trying to dodge vote analysis. After each vote, we've got data to look at, and a throwaway vote makes the data point on you useless. It's essentially a "UTR" (that means under the radar, Sea Lion) strategy.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #265
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That's why I view it as negative, at least.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #266
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Actually, this line of thinking has heinz pinging my wolfdar. It's Day 1. I know that cronin usually says vote for who you think is a wolf without worrying about vote count, but this is Day 1 -- does anyone really think that someone else is a wolf with more than 20-25% certainty (that's a rhetorical question -- I don't want to get in a probabilities pissing match here)? Too many candidates make it hard to tell who the wolves were trying to save close to deadline. On the other hand, too few candidates means there's a good chance we're villager/villager. I'm not saying we need to consolidate now, but it should probably happen in an hour or so. I see four candidates now -- hoops and PB at 3, mccollins and jeheinz72 at 2. I think candidates with 1 and 0 are still viable at this point, if people want to argue for them.

I agree - which was the exact argument I was making against him. I believe (but I'm not positive) that his and my 'discussion' was on a day one also.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #267
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops- Oliegril #185, Heinze #189, Eagle Fan #203
Perdue Brad- St. Cronin # 174, chief Rum #201, alan T #209
Heizne- Kwhitt #133, Hoops #250
Kwhitt- the Jackyl #140
Olie girl- Coffee warlord #188
Coffee Warlord- Seolian #193
Lathum-Dangerion #204

Eaglefan-mccolins #218
Mcolloins- PB #232 Lathum #235

GIT R DUN!!!

Last edited by claphamsa : 05-30-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #268
Passacaglia
Coordinator

clap, any tiebreak rules?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #269
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the by, I will likely swing my vote over to one of the top vote getters before the deadline. Just don't know which right now. Hoops and PB are *least* likely to get it for the time being.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #270
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well screw it, I'm willing to see what shakes out, even if for my survival it's probably not wise. I disagree with you Pass, Cronin has said that line multiple times (even in the last 4-5 games) and his tune changes here? It's a tree that's at least worth shaking.

Unvote hoopsguy
Vote St. Cronin
Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #271
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree - which was the exact argument I was making against him. I believe (but I'm not positive) that his and my 'discussion' was on a day one also.

I thought it was Day 2. But I'm not even sure what game that was, anymore. Probably mine, but I dunno.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #272
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

So what's the reason I'm getting votes? I voted hoops earlier and I made a bad pun? If that's it, then I'm ok with that
Old 05-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #273
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
By the by, I will likely swing my vote over to one of the top vote getters before the deadline. Just don't know which right now. Hoops and PB are *least* likely to get it for the time being.

I appreciate it CW but I've got to be honest, Chief Rum isn't going to be around (IRC), Cronin isn't one to switch, and I don't think Alan will be around, so I'll likely be one of those leaders.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #274
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
clap, any tiebreak rules?

nope!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #275
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
So what's the reason I'm getting votes? I voted hoops earlier and I made a bad pun? If that's it, then I'm ok with that

Could I get an example of a good pun please?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #276
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops- Oliegril #185, Eagle Fan #203
Heizne- Kwhitt #133, Hoops #250
Kwhitt- the Jackyl #140
Lathum-Dangerion #204

Eaglefan-mccolins #218
St.Cronin- Heinze #270

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #277
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
nope!

Okay, let me put that another way -- what happens if there is a tie?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #278
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Okay, let me put that another way -- what happens if there is a tie?

dunno

(I do know, but im nto gonna tell ya!)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #279
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I appreciate it CW but I've got to be honest, Chief Rum isn't going to be around (IRC), Cronin isn't one to switch, and I don't think Alan will be around, so I'll likely be one of those leaders.

If it turns out that way, you might be screwed. I don't wanna force a tie on day 1.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #280
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I found it.

His arguments were the exact opposite when he was trying to get me lynched in a previous game.

I am sorry that you STILL don't understand the argument I was making against you in that game, which was: That it seemed to me you were trying very hard to make sure you voted for a player who didn't get lynched. I am not sure what that has to do with anything I have said or done in this game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #281
hoopsguy
General Manager

JE, I voted for you because I didn't understand your unvote on Jackal and vote onto me. There was no explanation offered and I think you usually do think things through. The same held for Eagles, I didn't have much posting from either of you to work with, so I flipped a coin on who to vote for today.

This is the kind of detailed thinking that takes place on Day 1 votes.

That said, I thought it was a better line than voting for PB for self-survival purposes with hours and hours to go. I have no idea if he's a wolf, but I'm not, and turning this into a two-horse race where I know one horse is a kittah didn't seem like the best available option. So I looked for alternatives.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #282
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Could I get an example of a good pun please?

Good point!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #283
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I found it.

I think Cronin has made that same argument in every game I've played with him. Kinda crazy to go against it so obviously.

Unvote Eaglefan
Vote St. Cronin
Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #284
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought it was Day 2. But I'm not even sure what game that was, anymore. Probably mine, but I dunno.

I can't remember either, but I know that it was very early and there was no real compelling reasons for voting for anyone over anyone else.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #285
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm currently on the phone with someone, so I'm probably not going to be in the thread too much leading up to the deadline. I'll do my best to monitor events with those constraints and help us make a better decision than voting me off the island.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #286
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
JE, I voted for you because I didn't understand your unvote on Jackal and vote onto me. There was no explanation offered and I think you usually do think things through. The same held for Eagles, I didn't have much posting from either of you to work with, so I flipped a coin on who to vote for today.

This is the kind of detailed thinking that takes place on Day 1 votes.

That said, I thought it was a better line than voting for PB for self-survival purposes with hours and hours to go. I have no idea if he's a wolf, but I'm not, and turning this into a two-horse race where I know one horse is a kittah didn't seem like the best available option. So I looked for alternatives.

Yeah, I didn't explain just b/c I was in a rush. Often times when I split at 3 (Pacific) I come back in the AM to a horrible looking vote. I sensed people were going to consolidate so I picked a side. I thought that was kinda obvious, but my bad for not explaining that better.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #287
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think Cronin has made that same argument in every game I've played with him.

What argument?

knives out
Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #288
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Old 05-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #289
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
What argument?
To vote for who you truly think is a wolf no matter what the vote count is.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #290
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I am sorry that you STILL don't understand the argument I was making against you in that game, which was: That it seemed to me you were trying very hard to make sure you voted for a player who didn't get lynched. I am not sure what that has to do with anything I have said or done in this game.

Yeah, I still don't get it because the argument came up when I put my vote on one of the two vote getters - actually putting my vote on someone who was MORE LIKELY to be lynched.

Unvote Jeheinz72
Vote st.cronin
Old 05-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #291
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As of #290, my count:

Hoops: 2
PB: 3
Heinze: 1
KWhit: 1
Olie: 1
CW: 1
Lathum: 1
Mcollins: 2
Cronin: 3
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #292
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
To vote for who you truly think is a wolf no matter what the vote count is.

Hello, that's exactly what I am doing.

knives out
Old 05-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #293
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, I still don't get it because the argument came up when I put my vote on one of the two vote getters - actually putting my vote on someone who was MORE LIKELY to be lynched.

I suggest you reread that game. I initially phrased my objections to you in a convoluted way, but I explained later in a more clear way. Anyway, I still don't understand what that has to do with this game.

knives out
Old 05-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #294
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops- Oliegril #185, Eagle Fan #203
Heizne- Hoops #250
Kwhitt- the Jackyl #140
Lathum-Dangerion #204

St.Cronin- Heinze #270,mccolins #283, Kwhitt #288

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #295
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hello, that's exactly what I am doing.

Then I've got to ask. What happened between post 157 (your vote for Lathum) and 168 (when I voted for you, my only post in that span and that included my every game voting logic) and finally 174 (when you unvoted Lathum and voted me) that caused you to go from Lathum being a wolf to me being a wolf?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #296
st.cronin
General Manager

Nothing more than you voting for me, PB. I don't know that you're a wolf, but at that time you were the only player that I knew was voting for a villager.

If I'm to be the day 1 lynch, so be it. Its been a long time since that happened.

knives out
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #297
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nothing more than you voting for me, PB. I don't know that you're a wolf, but at that time you were the only player that I knew was voting for a villager.

If I'm to be the day 1 lynch, so be it. Its been a long time since that happened.

That's fine, I appreciate at least the information. I'm kind of in the same boat with you but I'm not 100% ready to string you up for it yet either.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #298
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
but I'm not 100% ready to string you up for it yet either.

Dola (and quoting myself)- Although give me half an hour and that may change quickly for self-defense. I just re-read when deadline was!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #299
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE HOOPSGUY

I don't want to make the voting decisions easy for the guys with their necks on the line.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #300
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't want to make the voting decisions easy for the guys with their necks on the line.

If I weren't one of them, I would really enjoy that idea!