Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #51
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I guess I will be battling EF27 for a lot of 2 and 3 star guys out of Cali that the big boys ignore.

Awww...I really appreciate you guys leaving the 4 and 5 star recruits for me. Thank you!

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #52
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Anyone still playing the demo? Notably, I'm winning about half my games at this point (on Varsity). Must get back into gameplaying shape!

I've played about a half dozen times and won all but once. Everytime I play I just get more and more hungry for the full version, which then gets me all antsy. I'll probably play it one or two times a week up until release just for the sake of getting rid of rust. I really am very...very excited about this league. I've been waiting for something like this for over a decade now. The fact that it's with everybody here really adds to the excitement too, because I know that not only will it be fun but I wont have to worry about the shady/flakey members.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-27-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just guys with NO SKILLZ like me.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #54
Anthony
Banned

i didn't think Washington was a good enough region/state for recruiting. i thought Duke was positioned nicely, right in the middle of the East. i also felt i'd be a little too out of the mix being all the way out in the north west. at least now i can bop with some of the SEC guys on a more frequent basis. i'm an east coast boy through and through.

and by looking at Duke's top 7, i know my best player is my starting senior RB. i'm salivating right now. my QB is one of my 7 best players, as is a WR. i also have a backup RB who i assume is either a junior or lower who is rated just as high as my senior RB. which means the Duke tradition of making suckers see how our ass taste will continue for the next 2 or so years. when you try to stop the run, i'm gonna hit you with the play-action. 40 yard td. bam. that's how it is. this is Duke football.

and don't think i'm gonna race to the endzone either. if i break off a long one i'm gonna skip around right on the goal line and wait for you to catch up to me and right when you think you're gonna catch me and tackle me i'm gonna leap into the endzone and make a highlight out of it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

HA is class all the way.

I agree that Washington is a tough region to recruit in, but I'm figuring it is close enough to Stanford that I'll still get some of the Northern CA guys that I would have gotten at Stanford.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I'm also very excited about this league and the one with my best friend.. I've been waiting for something like this ever since I moved from NJ 8 years ago and wasn't able to play against him. The guys in this league should make this a blast.

As far as the demo, I played it for 4 hours straight the first day. Now, I just play it once or twice a week for a game or two.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #57
Kodos
Resident Alien

HA is going to revel in those touchdowns that bring him 7 points closer in a 62-7 contest. And his opponents are going to have to just sit there and take their medicine.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-27-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #58
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Knowing that the last few people were going to get stuck with few choices, I think that isn't a bad group to have to choose from. SEC should be fun to compete in, and the conference prestige should be a boost for recruiting. Arkansas runs a fun scheme if you like running, Kentucky's scheme isn't bad either, and Mississippi State is close enough to Louisiana and Florida to get some of the players from both of those recruiting hotbeds.

You can change your schemes, right? Say I wanted to bring a run-and-shoot style offense (using the run-and-shoot offense, or Hawaii's playboy) to a more conventional team system, it's no problem.

The recruiting will be tough (in a pretty rich southeast region), but the conference prestige and television appearances will help. Also, I think the SEC has the best bowl situation. They have eight bowl tie-ins. And most of them are rather high-quality bowls:

2nd Selection

* CAPITAL ONE BOWL
Jan. 1 • 1 p.m. ET • ABC Sports
Orlando, Fla. • Florida Citrus Bowl (65,438)
Teams: SEC vs. Big Ten

3rd through 5th Selections (Listed in alphetical order) -

* AT&T COTTON BOWL
Jan. 1 • 11:30 a.m. ET • FOX Sports
Dallas, Texas • The Cotton Bowl (68,252)
Teams: SEC vs. Big 12

* CHICK-FIL-A BOWL
Dec. 30 • 8 p.m. ET • ESPN
Atlanta, Ga. • Georgia Dome (71,228)
Teams: SEC vs. ACC

* OUTBACK BOWL
Jan. 1 • 11 a.m. ET • ESPN
Tampa, Fla. • Raymond James Stadium (65,657)
Teams: SEC vs. Big Ten

6th and 7th Selections (Listed in alphabetical order) -

* AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL
Dec. 29 • 4:30 p.m. ET • ESPN
Memphis, Tenn. • Liberty Bowl Stadium (62,338)
Teams: SEC vs. Conference USA

* GAYLORD HOTELS MUSIC CITY BOWL
presented by Bridgestone
Dec. 29 • 1 p.m. ET • ESPN
Nashville, Tenn. • The Coliseum (67,000)
Teams: SEC vs. ACC

8th Selection

* INDEPENDENCE BOWL
Dec. 28 • 4:30 p.m. ET • ESPN
Shreveport, La. • Independence Stadium (50,459)
Teams: SEC vs. Big 12
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #59
Anthony
Banned

apparently kodos won't offer much a challenge, if he's being serious that he isn't good in this game. so that only leaves the challenge of Terps, and of my own legacy in this league.

i factored in kodos not being of high enough skill to make for heated, competitive matches in my evaluation of Duke/Washington St.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #60
Anthony
Banned

is there a bowl for like every team? yeesh, so unnecessary for college football to have so many bowl games. greedy fuckers.

i fully expect a bowl win in season 1. this is my legacy.

aaaargh, i can't wait to unleash the Duke rushing attack. you people just aren't even comprehending right now. you're reading words, but it's not registering, the magnitude of what's going to happen on the field. this game can't come out soon enough.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

YPC - 2.31.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #62
Anthony
Banned

"Kodos and Terps and the rest of the ACC - How my ass taste?"
Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
You can change your schemes, right? Say I wanted to bring a run-and-shoot style offense (using the run-and-shoot offense, or Hawaii's playboy) to a more conventional team system, it's no problem.

The recruiting will be tough (in a pretty rich southeast region), but the conference prestige and television appearances will help. Also, I think the SEC has the best bowl situation. They have eight bowl tie-ins. And most of them are rather high-quality bowls:

Yeah, you can select playbooks before each game (unless it is drastically different from last year), but I still factored that in as part of my decision.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #64
kcchief19
Pro Starter

As a newbie to the whole online league experience, what is the long-term survival rate of these leagues? I'm thinking in regards to the prospects of multiple season. Looks like we luck out in the Big 12 this year in that OSU, A&M and Colorado all play each other in a little NOFL round robin, but in a multiple season dynasty assuming there are no team changes I could go a season or two without playing anyone in the league with the North/South division setup. Don't know how the other conference schedules fall for this year.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #65
Kodos
Resident Alien

You could always schedule some OOC FOFC opponents if you get a season with no games in your conference.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There has never been an online league in the game this deep, but in the past with a much more limited online experience (just single games and some basic stat tracking), these leagues (at least on FOFC) have fizzled fast in the matter of weeks. I think the depth of this experience will keep this league going for at least 4-6 months and hopefully much longer.

As far as the schedule, like Kodos said, OOC scheduling can always get you at least 3 games a year. I know that even with the Pac-10 scheduling, I'll be looking for at least 1 or 2 human OOC games per year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-27-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #67
Kodos
Resident Alien

My experience with online leagues (even from FOFC) has been disappointing, but I'm giving it one more chance to work. It has been hard to get people to play their games in the FML (FOFC Madden League) here in the past. Even tournaments where the number of games committed to is low have had varying degrees of success.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-27-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #68
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
There has never been an online league in the game this deep, but in the past with a much more limited online experience (just single games and some basic stat tracking), these leagues (at least on FOFC) have fizzled fast in the matter of weeks. I think the depth of this experience will keep this league going for at least 4-6 months and hopefully much longer.

As far as the schedule, like Kodos said, OOC scheduling can always get you at least 3 games a year. I know that even with the Pac-10 scheduling, I'll be looking for at least 1 or 2 human OOC games per year.

Who do you miss this year in Pac 10 play?

I think this online league has a good chance. It has the depth (recruiting, the excitement that college football provides in the conference battles, BCS battles), and a multi-year game plan. Also, we all know each other. Put me in a league with 11 strangers, I know I wouldn't have the same level of interest.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-27-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't miss anyone from the Pac-10. I was just saying even with 2 games against humans in the Pac-10, I'll be looking for at least 1 or 2 OOC games against humans as well.

Assuming they have the schedule correct (which they always seem to), I'll be playing Sun Tzu's Cardinals at home in week 4 and then bhlloy's Beavers' in week 6 also at my place

We have to travel to play USC though Not to mention tough road games against Cal and possibly Arizona. Our OOC schedule isn't easy this year with an early game against Oklahoma.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #70
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I start my season out playing AT bhlloy right off the bat...should be fun

Looking at my top 7 guys, 6 of them are seniors, and aparently I only have 6 people on the entire roster above 82 OVR (with the highest being 87). WOOO!

I really wish we could view the full ratings of every player right now...just for the sake of analyzing what I have now and will have in the next few years.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #71
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't miss anyone from the Pac-10. I was just saying even with 2 games against humans in the Pac-10, I'll be looking for at least 1 or 2 OOC games against humans as well.

Assuming they have the schedule correct (which they always seem to), I'll be playing Sun Tzu's Cardinals at home in week 4 and then bhlloy's Beavers' in week 6 also at my place

We have to travel to play USC though Not to mention tough road games against Cal and possibly Arizona. Our OOC schedule isn't easy this year with an early game against Oklahoma.

Sorry. I thought you mean that you might have the possibility to miss a Pac 10 opponent every year (which means you might miss a human player). Or did the Pac 10 go to a full schedule of 9 conference games each?

Washington's non-conference slate is tough. Oklahoma, BYU (they're a pretty good mid-major team, aren't they?), and Notre Dame.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-27-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #72
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I don't know if the Pac-10 switched to a full 9 game conference schedule permanently, but they definetely are doing it this year. I play everyone in the Pac-10, 1 tough OOC game again TCU, 1 wild card game against the Irish (in south bend), and 1 gimmie game against San Jose State.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #73
Anthony
Banned

man, i'm glad i'm in this league. that other league still can't even decide on their final conference, meanwhile we're almost done picking teams. this is awesome. our asses are delicious.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #74
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I like the big talk. Unfortunately, we're in a hotel for the next ??? days until we move in our new house. I think I'll be able to get internet pretty soon after that....definitely by July 15th.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #75
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Back from the weekend. Pretty bummed out about being stuck in the SEC. If you asked me the last BCS conference I would want to play in...it'd be the SEC. And, no, it's not because of all the "awesome" teams. It's because if I freakin' lose to Florida or LSU, I may just throw the game out the window. And I'm not being cute. Call me a whiney baby, but whatever.

I pick Kentucky.

Here are some links for my comrades who are stuck in SEC hell with me:

hxxp://vetzballin.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2006&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
hxxp://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=417&page=24
hxxp://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=417&page=26
hxxp://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=417&page=29

There are screenshots on those pages for the 3 remaining choices you have. Good luck.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #76
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Hmm... decisions, decisions....
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #77
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
As much as it disgusts me to do so as a Texas fan, I'll take Arkansas. At least I'll be able to go after recruits in Texas, more so than I could with either Miss. St. or Vandy.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #78
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I figured someone would take Arkansas since they're the highest rated team in the SEC (under 80). Should we just pencil in Galaxy for Mississippi State?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #79
Galaxy
Coordinator

Can anyone post a link to the Mississippi State depth charts? I found Vandy's, but am having some trouble with the Bulldogs.

Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-30-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #80
Galaxy
Coordinator

With the final pick, Galaxy selects Mississippi State. It was a close call, but I decided Mississippi State offers a better chance to build a winning program. I think cartman and I can have a lot of fun battling each year for the division title and on the recruiting trails.

The nice part is all three SEC teams will play each other this year.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #81
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
As much as it disgusts me to do so as a Texas fan, I'll take Arkansas. At least I'll be able to go after recruits in Texas, more so than I could with either Miss. St. or Vandy.

Fun part is that you actually play Texas this year.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Fun part is that you actually play Texas this year.

It's going to be rough when we play USC. I don't know if I'll be rooting for myself or the computer
Old 06-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #83
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Would it be bad form to schedule an out-of-conference game with Ohio State just go I can lose to them like 2008-0? I better go like 10-2 if I'm gonna pull a stunt like that
Old 06-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #84
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Would it be bad form to schedule an out-of-conference game with Ohio State just go I can lose to them like 2008-0? I better go like 10-2 if I'm gonna pull a stunt like that

Are we sticking with the real 2008 schedules?

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-30-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #85
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I would assume so. Then hopefully we can customize starting in '09.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #86
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I don't think we have the option of altering the first year schedule. Scheduling OOC games comes in the last week of the offseason (kind of like in FOFC).
Old 06-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #87
Galaxy
Coordinator

Arkansas:
8/30 Western Illinois
9/06 Louisiana-Monroe
9/13 @ Texas
9/20 Alabama
10/04 Florida
10/11 @ Auburn
10/18 @ Kentucky
10/25 Mississippi
11/01 Tulsa
11/08 @ South Carolina
11/22 @ Mississippi State
11/28 LSU

Kentucky:
8/31 @ Louisville
9/06 Norfolk State
9/13 Middle Tennessee
9/27 Western Kentucky
10/04 @ Alabama
10/11 South Carolina
10/18 Arkansas
10/25 @ Florida
11/01 @ Mississippi State
11/08 Georgia
11/15 Vanderbilt
11/29 @ Tennessee

Miss. State:
8/30 @ Louisiana Tech
9/06 Southeastern Louisiana
9/13 Auburn
9/20 @ Georgia Tech
9/27 @ LSU
10/11 Vanderbilt
10/18 @ Tennessee
10/25 Middle Tennessee
11/01 Kentucky
11/15 @ Alabama
11/23 Arkansas
11/28 at Mississippi

Boston College:
8/30 @ Kent State
9/06 Georgia Tech
9/20 UCF
9/27 Rhode Island
10/04 @ North Carolina State
10/18 Virginia Tech
10/25 @ North Carolina
11/01 Clemson
11/08 Notre Dame
11/15 @ Florida State
11/22 @ Wake Forest
11/29 Maryland

North Carolina St:
8/28 @ South Carolina
9/06 William & Mary
9/13 @ Clemson
9/20 East Carolina
9/27 South Florida
10/04 Boston College
10/16 Florida State
10/25 @ Maryland
11/08 @ Duke
11/15 Wake Forest
11/22 @ North Carolina
11/29 Miami (FL)

Duke:
8/30 James Madison
9/06 Northwestern
9/13 Navy
9/27 Virginia
10/04 @ Georgia Tech
10/18 Miami (FL)
10/25 @ Vanderbilt
11/01 @ Wake Forest
11/08 North Carolina State
11/15 @ Clemson
11/22 @ Virginia Tech
11/29 North Carolina

Oklahoma State:
8/30 @ Washington State
9/06 Houston
9/13 Missouri State
9/27 Troy
10/04 Texas A&M
10/11 @ Missouri
10/18 Baylor
10/25 @ Texas
11/01 Iowa State
11/08 @ Texas Tech
11/15 @ Colorado
11/29 Oklahoma

Texas A&M:
8/30 Arkansas State
9/06 @ New Mexico
9/20 Miami (FL)
9/27 Army
10/04 @ Oklahoma State
10/11 Kansas State
10/18 Texas Tech
10/25 @ Iowa State
11/01 Colorado
11/08 Oklahoma
11/15 @ Baylor
11/27 @ Texas

Colorado:
8/31 Colorado State
9/06 Eastern Washington
9/18 West Virginia
9/27 @ Florida State
10/04 Texas
10/11 @ Kansas
10/18 Kansas State
10/25 @ Missouri
11/01 @ Texas A&M
11/08 Iowa State
11/15 Oklahoma State
11/28 @ Nebraska

Oregon State:
8/28 @ Stanford
9/06 @ Penn State
9/13 Hawaii
9/25 USC
10/02 @ Utah
10/11 Washington State
10/18 @ Washington
11/01 Arizona State
11/08 @ UCLA
11/15 California
11/22 @ Arizona
11/29 Oregon

Washington:
8/30 @ Oregon
9/06 Brigham Young
9/13 Oklahoma
9/27 Stanford
10/04 @ Arizona
10/18 Oregon State
10/25 Notre Dame
11/01 @ USC
11/08 Arizona State
11/15 UCLA
11/22 @ Washington State
12/06 @ California

Stanford:
8/28 Oregon State
9/06 @ Arizona State
9/13 @ TCU
9/20 San Jose State
9/27 @ Washington
10/04 @ Notre Dame
10/11 Arizona
10/18 @ UCLA
11/01 Washington State
11/08 @ Oregon
11/15 USC
11/22 @ California

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-30-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #88
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Yikes. Hopefully my (Kentucky's) schedule doesn't have 2 I-AA teams on it in the game. That would be a bummer (but would falsely inflate my win total to prove that I'm the best player ever )
Old 06-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #89
Galaxy
Coordinator

I feel bad for Eaglesfan27 and his Washington Huskies. That looks like a tough non-conference slate he has. Colorado has a pretty tough one with West Virginia and Florida State.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-30-2008 at 09:54 PM.