Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

NOFL Start Date?

So...I don't think any of us expected the Online Dynasty bug to get fixed so far...but it sounds like it should be fixed pretty quickly. Aparently it was a server problem, and the guys at EA have found the bug and are implementing the fix. I'm pretty sure our kickoff date was set for sometime this weekend. Are we still ok with moving forward with that? Have we decided on AA or Heisman? I've been quite happy with AA sliders in my offline dynasty. Is there a roster out there that definetely wont corrupt a league down the line?

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No way should we move forward in my opinion unless we want to use unnamed players. The roster patch still isn't due for a "week or two" which is a tentative date from developers. After that, we need to wait for a "clean" roster to be released I believe. I don't think it is worth starting now when there is a real risk that any of these rosters could be corrupt and eventually cause problems for us in our dynasty.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ah...works for me. I was having problems sifting through all of the crap over at OS trying to find out if there was a clean named roster out there.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Bad news fellas, my 360 took a shit on me. I have 3 flashing red lights so I'm looking at 5 weeks from today before I get it back. I'll give up my spot in the league, but maybe the patch won't be out for another month or so.

Seriously though, if the franchise patch for Madden 08 took over 3 months, I'm not holding my breath for this roster patch.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Galaxy
Coordinator

I just say let's wait until the patch comes and works.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
Anthony
Banned

this sucks. this online dynasty was the whole reason for my buying NCAA '09, or else i woulda just bought Madden. this really friggin sucks.

is there any interest in just jumping in a no-frills league with generated names just to get the ball rolling (apart from NOFL, i'm not saying we ditch this league or anything)? Kodos should put on his iron fist again and just control that RFL side-league he wanted to get going, decide on all the rules himself and just have it begin. i don't want to say i'm losing interest in this league, but there comes a point where there's too much talking and not enough walking, if you catch my drift. something to tide me over until this NOFL can officially get started would be nice. nothing that requires voting or polls or anything. just take our clothes off and jump in the lake and have fun kind of deal.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Just join up in the Tourney...there should be a decent amount of games going on. It sounds a lot like the World Cup where you play several games and are ranked accordingly.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
this sucks. this online dynasty was the whole reason for my buying NCAA '09, or else i woulda just bought Madden. this really friggin sucks.

is there any interest in just jumping in a no-frills league with generated names just to get the ball rolling (apart from NOFL, i'm not saying we ditch this league or anything)? Kodos should put on his iron fist again and just control that RFL side-league he wanted to get going, decide on all the rules himself and just have it begin. i don't want to say i'm losing interest in this league, but there comes a point where there's too much talking and not enough walking, if you catch my drift. something to tide me over until this NOFL can officially get started would be nice. nothing that requires voting or polls or anything. just take our clothes off and jump in the lake and have fun kind of deal.

If you want to quit, I understand. If enough people want to go with generated names, I'm game with that too. However, I suspect real names are important to most of the league members and personally I'm not willing to chance it with the current rosters that "are like a virus" according to the developers and could cause problems at any time. If I'm wrong about real names being important, everyone should speak up.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-24-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
Terps
College Prospect

The longer the patch takes, the more I'm going to lose interest and focus on Madden or Head Coach.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #10
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Just join up in the Tourney...there should be a decent amount of games going on. It sounds a lot like the World Cup where you play several games and are ranked accordingly.

ok, i'm doing the tourney. better than nothing i suppose.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
If you want to quit, I understand. If enough people want to go with generated names, I'm game with that too. However, I suspect real names are important to most of the league members and personally I'm not willing to chance it with the current rosters that "are like a virus" according to the developers and could cause problems at any time. If I'm wrong about real names being important, everyone should speak up.

i don't want to quit at all.

real names are not a priority of mine. if the choice is we wait until a patch comes and try to salvage what remains of the league by that point OR we just roll with the league as originally scheduled and go with generated names then my choice is very easy. this is college football - real name or not the player isn't going to be on your team too long to really make waiting indefinitely a sound option. i'm assuming the online leagues will work normally if you don't use downloaded rosters. if there are other show-stopping bugs not related to the roster then that's a different story. we're not really gonna be playing in NOFL forever, next year's version will most surely not allow you to port over '09's dynasty so we're looking at what, 12 seasons, 15 seasons tops. longer we wait, the less amount of time we have to progress through the years. i agreed to do sub 80 teams with the understanding that we'd be able to get in enough seasons under our belts to eventually turn a 77 rated Duke team into a solid bowl contender. if all this hoopla was just going to be for like 10 seasons worth, i woulda said let's pick whatever team we want.

i'm not trying to rush things, but i'm willing to bet that i'm not the only one who bough this game for the purpose of an FOFC NCAA dynasty. we're just at that stage where there's been minimal investment of time from people, and in these scenarios its just too easy to walk away altogether.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is the main reason I bought it as well, and once the server patch is out I'm all for starting without real players. On the other hand, the roster patch that will allow us to use real player names is supposed to be out within the next 7 to 10 days, so we don't have a much longer wait if we decide to go with real names. I'm for whatever the majority wants on this issue.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
Anthony
Banned

if it's only 7-10 days, i can chill out till then. i was thinking more in terms of months. my bad. just still trying to keep up interest in NOFL. i'm certainly still very excited.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I appreciate that. I want to keep up interest as well. I'm still very excited about this league and really looking forward to when we can start it. I've already got my wife convinced that one weeknight per week, I'll be playing you guys
Old 07-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I've read several threads and OS and the EA guy who posts there says that online dynasties made after 7/23 should be fixed. He said to let him know if there are any problems with dynasties started after 7/23. I don't have a link, but I do remember reading it yesterday. Hopefully this means we can start as soon as a "clean" roster is posted.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I've read that as well and we've started the RFL.. not far into but no problems yet. As soon as a clean roster is available, I plan on starting our preseason tasks. Hopefully, everyone will be able to get them done quickly so we can kick off the season.