Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #151
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

if they get the bag first then tag team their asses? That's about all ive got for the teamwork thing

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #152
Thomkal
Head Coach

We should also consider putting in extra effort for this challenge if you end up going in as the third team if the conditional takes place or not to give us a little extra chance of winning. That's up to you guys though since its a health risk.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #153
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I made a note in my instructions that I'd use my teamwork skill to make sure Thomkal and I were on the same page during the race stage. Seems like knowing where your partner was, whether somebody was right behind you, etc., would be helpful.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #154
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
We should also consider putting in extra effort for this challenge if you end up going in as the third team if the conditional takes place or not to give us a little extra chance of winning. That's up to you guys though since its a health risk.
Can we put extra effort into just one part, or do we all have to do it for the entire challenge?

If just the third team can do extra effort, I'm fine with it. Can always let those two rest tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #155
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I made a note in my instructions that I'd use my teamwork skill to make sure Thomkal and I were on the same page during the race stage. Seems like knowing where your partner was, whether somebody was right behind you, etc., would be helpful.

Good suggestion. Perhaps teamwork will also be helpful for conducting an organized search of the plot.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #156
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Can we put extra effort into just one part, or do we all have to do it for the entire challenge?

If just the third team can do extra effort, I'm fine with it. Can always let those two rest tomorrow.

good idea on the teamwork part Maple, I'll add that as I'm about to send mine in. I think each individual decides to put in extra effort for the part of the challenge they participate in. I'll be sending it as a conditional to use extra effort if we are the third team to go.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #157
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Just for an entire challenge.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #158
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So should we put in a conditional order to use extra effort in the challenge? For whoever is going to be team 3?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #159
Autumn
Head Coach

Fifteen minutes left to get actions in to me. This one will take a while to process, I imagine, so be patient after that.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #160
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah Darth do that, and Autumn my orders are about to be sent
Old 06-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #161
Thomkal
Head Coach

Be aware you can take more Health damage if you use extra effort, so only do it if you feel safe to do so
Old 06-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #162
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
So should we put in a conditional order to use extra effort in the challenge? For whoever is going to be team 3?

I will do this -- a conditional order if we are team 3 and it comes down to us.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #163
Thomkal
Head Coach

orders sent, lets see if I still have some kickboxing skills left.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #164
chesapeake
College Starter

Orders sent.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #165
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Orders sent

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #166
chesapeake
College Starter

Good luck, guys.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #167
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, good start. Hopefully we get one more bag right away and don't need to exert any more effort. I'm fine with sending them to council again while we continue carving out a better island lifestyle.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #168
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY TWO CAMP LIFE

Life on the island is tough, but it's a lot easier with a little shelter, some food and fire. Feeling confident, the villagers go to work on day two setting up life for what they hope to be a long haul here. Almost everyone fetches some food back to camp, and while it's no grand feast, it's enough to fill everyone's bellies.

EagleFan leads the way on the shelter, applying his engineering know-how to build something a lot sturdier than what you had last night. Darth and Chesapeake are a big help to him as well, needing little direction to follow his plans, and by the end of the day you have something everybody is quite pleased with. In it you'll be dry, safe from most of the wind and content. EagleFan points out a few more improvements that would make it downright comfortable, but it's really quite well-built already.

With good shelter, a fire and just enough food, nobody has much to complain about. Nobody loses any health points today from camp life.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #169
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Ahhh yeah boys, victory is suh-weet! And didn't lose any health today, awesome

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #170
Autumn
Head Coach

Those of you who put in extra effort in the challenges, I will get back to you privately about your health.

As soon as you submit day 3 actions your new PM period begins.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #171
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah we are the best Survivor team ever!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #172
chesapeake
College Starter

Interesting that, despite having no better than average find skills, we found all 3 bags.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #173
chesapeake
College Starter

The shelter is in good shape. Maybe EF should continue to refine the shelter as he appears to be extremely good at that. I am really good at finding food; I will devote time to that rather than the shelter today. Maybe we can build up a little surplus that can see us through a rough time.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #174
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry team, was busy to the max today. Looking to see what happened today. Looks like the shelter is coming along. I'll keep focus on that to see if it helps any more.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #175
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm going to keep helping out with the shelter -- I'm terrible with food.

How are people doing health-wise? Anyone need to rest up before next challenge?

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 06-08-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #176
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm going to keep helping out with the shelter -- I'm terrible with food.

How are people doing health-wise? Anyone need to rest up before next challenge?

Staying on the shelter a well. Might as well see if it helps us anymore. If it seems that I am just wasting my points after day three once we see if it had any affect) I will change to whatever looks like the biggest need.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #177
Autumn
Head Coach

Just so people know, I am keeping an up to date status of your camp life on the first post of this thread.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #178
Thomkal
Head Coach

I took a couple health points damage from the challenge, but will use the recuperate action. I'll keep working on getting Food. We need to make sure we have enough Food for all of us every day.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #179
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Go team go.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #180
Autumn
Head Coach

I almost forgot. In addition to avoiding tribal council, you also came home with a reward. A hatchet, waterproof matches and some food. How do some granola bars sound?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #181
Thomkal
Head Coach

very bland, bleh
Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #182
Autumn
Head Coach

I could always take them back ;-) You'll have to wait for me to tempt you with the cheeseburgers.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #183
Thomkal
Head Coach

no, no, no granola bars are just fine...for now
Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #184
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY THREE CHALLENGE

Yesterday's challenge found the two tribes coming to blows in a display of aggression we've rarely seen on Survivor. Today the only contact we should see is accidental. But the stakes are high.

The winner of today's challenge will earn the immunity idol and avoid Tribal Council. In addition, they will earn the right to choose one member from the losing tribe to go to Exile Island. That person will spend the next 24 hours alone with only a machete and canteen, and will return only in time for tomorrow's challenge. The tribe will lose their help in camp, and they will likely come back worse for wear. However, there is the possibility that while on Exile Island they will learn a clue to the existence of a hidden immunity idol.

Today's challenge will require one caller and two teams of two from each tribe. The two teams will be blindfolded. The team will work in tandem to navigate this field and find the giant puzzle pieces waiting for them, and return them to their tower. The puzzle pieces are large enough to require both team members to carry them. The caller will sit on the tower and direct the two teams to find their tribe's puzzle pieces, and not those belonging to the other tribe, and navigate them back to the tower.

Ten pieces are required to complete the puzzle. Once all ten pieces are back, the tribe may take off their blindfold and begin as a team to work on the puzzle. This giant 3-D puzzle will need to be completely assembled. The first tribe to assemble their puzzle will win the challenge.

The Villagers will have to sit two contestants for this challenge. They cannot sit the same contestants twice in a row.

Please submit your plans to me by private message by 4:30 EST on Wednesday afternoon.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #185
hoopsguy
General Manager

Seems like TEAMWORK and PUZZLES will be primary skills for this one.

I'm middle of the road in both of these skills. Highest teamwork guy probably should take on the "caller" role.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #186
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

This one looks like it should be right in my wheelhouse. I have excellent teamwork and puzzles, and good strength.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #187
chesapeake
College Starter

It looks like you are the natural caller, ML. I have good teamwork but am decidedly average at puzzles.

Bedtime for me. Good night all.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #188
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I have excellent teamwork and Good puzzles, looks like Maple Leafs beats me out on the caller position though. I'm definitely not sitting out this round though and I believe i should be teamed up with someone who has a good amount of strength since mine is poor. We'll need enough strength to keep from collapsing and getting worn out carrying all these pieces.

I believe the attributes we will rely on most are PUZZLES an TEAMWORK but I think STRENGTH and STAMINA will still be extremely important in how fast we can get the job done. Come to think of it RUNNING might come into play here as well.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-09-2010, 05:53 AM   #189
Thomkal
Head Coach

I agree with the other comments here. Puzzles and Teamwork are the key here. which I am Average and Good in. But Darth makes a good point that Strength and Stamina and maybe Running will be needed to get the puzzles pieces to the caller. Do we potentially sacrifice the lead to get our best puzzlers in this challenge in the end? Maybe put extra effort into getting the puzzle pieces?

But Puzzles really is the key here so our five best in that skill should be in the challenge regardless I think. I'm fine with sitting this one out if need be.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #190
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

It sounds like Darth may be a better caller -- he's as good as me in teamwork, which will probably be most important. He's good at puzzles, which could come into play. And I have him beat in strength, which would make me a better piece carrier.

I'd suggest we get the strong guys to help carry, then make it part of out strategy that only people who are good/excellent at puzzles do the actual puzzle work.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 06-09-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #191
hoopsguy
General Manager

Strength/Stamina/Running are all things I can do, so if we want these then pair me off with one of the better Teamwork/Puzzle folks.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'll probably only be able to check this thread 1-2 times in the early afternoon so I'll have to send my PM at that time. Sorry about availability challenges today, but work is going to be demanding mid/late afternoon.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #193
chesapeake
College Starter

A couple of thoughts:
I am not entirely convinced that strength will be a big factor here. Stamina, maybe. Puzzles and teamwork, absolutely.

EF cannot sit out. Whoever sits out here cannot sit out tomorrow; although, if we win today, the other tribe will be down to 3 members and it will be tough not to merge the tribes. I do wonder if the Lords of Television won't try to put some pebbles into our shoes to slow us down today.

Anyway, I think the physical aspects of this challenge are below average, and I think average strength will be enough here. For this reason, it might not be a bad idea to sit Hoops. His poor teamwork skills may well outweigh any benefits we may get from his muscle.

So, here is my early suggestion:
Caller: Darth

Team 1: Maple Leafs, Chesapeake
Team 2: Thomkal, EagleFan

Sitting: Hoops, heybrad
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #194
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Whoever sits out here cannot sit out tomorrow; although, if we win today, the other tribe will be down to 3 members and it will be tough not to merge the tribes. I do wonder if the Lords of Television won't try to put some pebbles into our shoes to slow us down today.

You guys don't have any shoes.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #195
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You guys don't have any shoes.

That's a relief!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #196
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Sorry... it's been a busy morning.

Here are my ratings in the skills we seem to need for this challenge.

Find-Average
Running-Poor
Scrappy-Good
Stamina -Average
Strength-Average
Teamwork-Excellent

dola

heybrad's teamwork is better than mine. It may be that he should replace either me or Thomkal if his puzzling is average or better.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #197
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sitting this one out is easier for me in terms of real life, but I'm certainly happy to take part if needed.

I'll check back in about 3 hours to see if a consensus has developed.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #198
heybrad
Norm!!!

I'm excellent at both teamwork and puzzles.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #199
chesapeake
College Starter

OK. You're in. I am good at teamwork and average at puzzles. If Thomkal beats that, he should be in. If not, I should be the 4th.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #200
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm Average in Puzzles, good in Teamwork, so the same basically as Chesa. If we feel the next challenge will be more of a physical one than I should sit this one out.

One suggestion for this challenge is when all the pieces are back at the tower, to have the stronger/more stamina players lift and place the pieces where the better puzzlers-weaker stamina say to put them. If that wears down the stamina players too much everyone can jump in to move them around.