Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #751
Autumn
Head Coach

Saldana, thanks for a great game. Your descriptions were fantastic and made it that much more fun.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #752
saldana
Pro Starter

so my thoughts...

first and foremost, thanks to everyone for a great game, i hope you had as much fun playing it as i did running it, although for the second time, no one seems nearly as amused by reading the last scene as i was when i was writing it.

the whole game hinged on a couple of things.
1. the wolves presumed incorrectly that they couldnt kill CW, or just thought it wasnt worth the risk
2. they changed their nightkill in the middle of the night (talking to you here Darth) taking the target off the seer
3. dubb missed the kill order (the wolves would have won if he had gotten the order in)

the fact that it came that close makes me feel good, because i was concerned with the balance of 3 on 11 at the beginning...thought it was too much in favor of the wolves, which is why i went with the Fremen Traitor not being able to talk right away.

Telle as the BG had a law of diminishing returns on protecting the same person twice in a row...if she did, and that person was attacked twice, there was a chance she would get killed instead.

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #753
Danny
Head Coach

After the Darth vote I was resigning myself to the fact that you were a villager. Not that it was 100%, but to have a decent chance at winning, I think it was something that needed to be accepted and if it turned out wrong then it would simply have been a nicely played gam by you and a well deserved win.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #754
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and Autumn, I think the reason they brutaled you was what I posted yesterday. You were clearly locked in to Dubb and leaving you out there was dangerous with so few votes remaining. It's why I thought I was going to be night killed as I was also assured to vote Dubb.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #755
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I was so surprised that Tuesdays events worked out as they did. Midway through the day, dubb and myself realized that with the heat he was getting, there was no way we could win if he went down. I knew that if I went instead, and took someone with me, we would have a chance. So I told him to start pushing heat toward me. I was surprised when it worked so well - but then he missed the NK. It was still a fun game, and while we did get pretty lucky on the Telle kill so early, we still played decently.

Great game sal!
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #756
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Why did you guys decide to brutal me instead of Danny or Pass? I thought you had a pretty good chance of still having me in the vote the next day.

You were the one pushing me and Dubb as the last two, and you had pretty much been pegging us all game, so I figured the sooner we get you out, the better Cougar's quietness most of the game worked to our advantage there in that we were still able to off him the next day.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #757
Autumn
Head Coach

Dubb you did real well to be able to get a Cougar vote in there somehow. I was banging my head on the wall about that one.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #758
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Dubb you did real well to be able to get a Cougar vote in there somehow. I was banging my head on the wall about that one.

Yeah, I didn't understand it myself. I wasn't going to stress about it since I knew it didn't matter after the missed night kill, but I definitely didn't see any any reason why Cougar would have been the last wolf over Dubb.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #759
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
You were the one pushing me and Dubb as the last two, and you had pretty much been pegging us all game, so I figured the sooner we get you out, the better Cougar's quietness most of the game worked to our advantage there in that we were still able to off him the next day.

I think this was your best game as a wolf from what I remember. You played a great game.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #760
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think this was your best game as a wolf from what I remember. You played a great game.

Appreciate that. I know I haven't played that many games as a wolf, but I do enjoy it. The only one that ever sticks in my head was a small where I was the last remaining wolf on like the second day and somehow the seer (Lathum, IIRC) scanned me and I had no way to defend myself, lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #761
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, Pass, Pass. I feel like if by the end of the game most of the villagers are 99% convinced you're somehow a wolf, despite having been scanned by the seer, you're doing something wrong. lol. I was convinced somehow you had duped us all. I read back through the rules three times trying to figure out how.

Says the vanilla villager who dropped hints that he was the seer!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #762
Autumn
Head Coach

And yet no one was convinced I was a wolf at the end ;-)

I mean why would a wolf drop seer hints and then point it out without fake revealing?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #763
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
pretty sure pass would have still voted you

Hey give me some credit, I resisted the temptation to switch to Autumn and stayed on DV!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #764
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And yet no one was convinced I was a wolf at the end ;-)

I mean why would a wolf drop seer hints and then point it out without fake revealing?

Why would a wolf do any of the stuff I did?

Anyway, I was willing to give you a bit of a pass on it since I think you said you were busy Day 1, so I figured I could see you just wanting to get killed off.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #765
The Jackal
Coordinator

Still upset I didn't get to play more, sucks that we got into a 3way villager showdown Pass and Autumn. Wish I'd voted DV earlier that day, I was definitely gravitating towards it, but didn't want to seem like I was just following CW to hide a vote.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #766
The Jackal
Coordinator

But I thoroughly enjoyed reading along, saldana, all the writeups were great fun and made me miss the book/series.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #767
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, was that from Robin Hood Daffy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZEcSgGKfQg
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #768
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Saldana, was that from Robin Hood Daffy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZEcSgGKfQg
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

60 something odd posts before someone got it! i guess i am either officially old, or i watch too many cartoons with my kids
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #769
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
so my thoughts...

first and foremost, thanks to everyone for a great game, i hope you had as much fun playing it as i did running it, although for the second time, no one seems nearly as amused by reading the last scene as i was when i was writing it.

Saldana, It was really funny. But I wasn't in the mood for slapstick, this shit was serious! You had me checking in all day waiting to see if this was going to go wrong somehow.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #770
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So they didn't try to kill CW despite knowing who he was??

So he was basically like me in whichever game it was that I had that similar type of role, where they just assumed they couldn't night-kill me and I had some sort of limited PM abilities and I used it to coordinate the village and create a COT?

Shit...which game was that...I can't even remember, but I tore shit up as a villager that game.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #771
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #772
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I think it was similar. CW was tougher than normal to kill here, like you were as Jack Bauer. I was a wolf in that game and we hemmed and hawed, wondering if it would take two or three kills or what, but not wanting to waste a night.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #773
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Even without killing CW, he couldn't do much to get a decent COT and we still came close to winning. We felt wasting another NK would hurt us more
Old 03-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #774
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Goodnight Dune