Old 01-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #151
The Jackal
Coordinator

Mahdi! My water in service to you!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #152
The Jackal
Coordinator

My guess is that they had to choose who would attempt the night attack, and only one of them would possibly be successful in defeating CW. Fedaykin, you know what to do from now on. There must be other ways for our enemies to go about assaulting CW though, so let us focus on removing their water.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #153
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, so I take it CW is Paul. As would be expected, a normal night kill can't take him out though of course there must be some way to remove him from the game. Very nice to not only not lose someone night 1, but to gain a cleared player.

My kid was up all night sick so I'll be resting and trying to catch up, but should be on in a bit.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #154
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I will delve into things a little more later, but all Fremen take note. I am not only the Prophet of Shai Hulud, I am also the Duke of House Atreides, the rightful ruler of this planet. If I see the future you have chosen leading down poor paths, I will not hesitate to choose a different path for you.

(In plain English, one of my abilities is the duke role.)
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #155
saldana
Pro Starter

just so everyone knows i am on it...i pinged schmidty in OT and sent him a PM..if i dont hear from him soon, i will try to get a replacement.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #156
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the by. I'm giving an early pass on (heh) Pass. There was plenty of time left, and forcing a tie there had the potential to see if anything fell from the trees...if there were any trees on Arakis. An off-worlder doing such a thing on the first night would be odd.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #157
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Autumn

This is not a vote claiming Autumn himself is an enemy of the Fremen but rather if he is opposing us it makes several members in the Sietch more suspicious.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #158
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Autumn

This is not a vote claiming Autumn himself is an enemy of the Fremen but rather if he is opposing us it makes several members in the Sietch more suspicious.

I can see your reasoning. I've done the same many times.

My kid not only didn't sleep all night, but is now throwing up, so my time on here is going to be sketchy at best. I don't have anything particularly to say in defense of myself. And I don't off the top of my head know who to vote, so I'm going to hope I get a chance to check in again later.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #159
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
By the by. I'm giving an early pass on (heh) Pass. There was plenty of time left, and forcing a tie there had the potential to see if anything fell from the trees...if there were any trees on Arakis. An off-worlder doing such a thing on the first night would be odd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there ten minutes left? I'm not sure I would call that plenty of time. Forcing a tie at that point usually leads to several people switching their votes at the last moment, the site clogging up since everybody's trying to post at once and in the end nobody knows what the vote is and everybody has a good excuse for their crazy ass vote. I'm not a fan of the move that close.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #160
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well that was pretty sweet me thinks, no night kill and CW is clear! So we're in good shape :-) I'm heading out to work in a few and won't be back til after deadline (my work schedule always sucks for WW). I'll get my vote in there before i leave

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #161
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Seems to me the best option at this point - his vote last night jumps out as me as the fishiest so far.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #162
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Seems to me the best option at this point - his vote last night jumps out as me as the fishiest so far.

Probably because I've been reading a lot of "Fish Kisses" to my son.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #163
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

heading out now people

Vote Raider's Army

I think his switched vote yesterday might have been an attempt to hide behind a candidate later in the day. Honsetly I could be wrong though, I don't usually get reads on people til a few days in.

I'm out until after deadline

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #164
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I have delved into the future, and seen many possibilities. Some lines see good Fremen turning against their own, and serving the vile Harkonnen. One possible future sees Darth Vilius as a traitor among us. I say we take his water and close off that future.

We're getting spread out again, but I'm going to go this route: Choosing the person who added the second vote onto MartinD, pushing him directly into the forefront.

Vote Darth Vilius
Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #165
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I can't spend a great deal of time on this. Pass's vote seems odd to me on several levels, and he voted against me, so two great reasons for me to pick him. It's probably not the vote I would make if I had more time, but I'll make it now just in case I don't get back before deadline.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #166
The Jackal
Coordinator

Between his hesitance early in the day and a potentially questionable late tying vote, I will turn to this one as well for now, though I see the merit in the other candidates as well.

VOTE PASS
Old 01-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #167
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Think we're 3 on pass, 1 on autumn, 1 on dv, 1 on RA
Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #168
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Think we're 3 on pass, 1 on autumn, 1 on dv, 1 on RA

That's what I have.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #169
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I would go Darth V again, but I haven't had much luck on putting a second vote on someone and also being accused of being bad.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #170
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Telle actually looks fishy to me. I'll put my vote on her for now.

VOTE TELLE
Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have to put in a vote before I leave for the day.

I'm uncertain on Pass's vote as well, but I see the merit in what CW (our only trusted player, to boot) is saying in giving him a pass for now (pun intended).

Plus, a vote on Pass turns this into a runaway, which doesn't help us.

Autumn hasn't done anything to really merit consideration, IMO, but other than maybe Pass, no else has either. So I am going to vote for Autumn on the same theory already thrown out, that at least if we lynch Autumn, we learn something (else) about the Day One vote.

VOTE AUTUMN

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #172
Danny
Head Coach

I crashed early yesterday and just got home from work. I'll be around now through deadline.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #173
Danny
Head Coach

It was about as good a night 1 as you can have without actually getting a wolf. We have a cleared player and only lost one vanilla villager.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #174
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Won't guarantee that I will be back before the deadline. Good luck everyone.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #175
Danny
Head Coach

Looks like

3 Pass
2 Autumn
1 Darth
1 Telle
1 Raiders Army
Old 01-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #176
Danny
Head Coach

Barring anything pinging me and all else being equal, I am highly unlikely to vote Autumn.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #177
Danny
Head Coach

Day 1 Results

5 - MartinD - Autumn (62), Darth Vilus (86), Danny (110), Raiders Army (117), Packer Fanatic (123)
4 - Autumn - Coffee Warlord (58), MartinD (74), Telle (112), Passacaglia (120)
2 - Schmidty - The Jackal (59), Chief Rum (90)
1 - PackerFanatic - ntndeacon (45)
1 - Chief Rum - cougarfreak (91)
Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #178
Danny
Head Coach

Just looking there, the group of Autumn voters isn't a bad place to look. A lot of them depends upon Autumn being a wolf, but I think with him having suspicion and being a strong player, he would have made a good scan target as well.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #179
Danny
Head Coach

Regarding the wolves, I'd say it's a toss up between there being three and four total wolves. I'd lean towards their being three, but all of them knowing each other and the not PMing wolf not being in the game.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #180
Danny
Head Coach

Regarding Autumn, I tend to think he would have been hesitant to kill off and clear a second of his voters if he was a wolf. It also makes me think perhaps there is not a wolf on him, as limiting down his voters to only two uncleared players is risky if one of them is a wolf.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #181
Danny
Head Coach

For example, I think if there was a wolf on Autumn or if Autumn was a wolf, I would have killed off a MartinD voter. This leads me to think there is at least one, perhaps two wolves on MartinD. I think I would prefer to vote there
Old 01-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #182
Danny
Head Coach

And since Darth and Raiders Army each have a vote already, I will place a vote between the two.

Vote Darth Vilus

I am choosing him over Raiders because he was the 2nd vote.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #183
cougarfreak
College Starter

Vote Pass
Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #184
Autumn
Head Coach

That makes some good sense, Danny, I always appreciate seeing your thoughts written out.

If there are only three wolves I think it will be difficult to narrow things down to find them, particularly if Schmidty were one of them (and didn't vote). Given how the voting went down, with so many candidates and Martin and I both villagers, I'm guessing the wolves would have voted early to mid and then just camped where they were. Somewhere in the range of The Jackal, Darth, and Chief. That's where I would have wanted to vote if I was a wolf.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #185
Danny
Head Coach

Also, one thing to consider is that in this game, unlike the last several games we have had, there is a separate day and night deadline. This gives the wolves final vote information and time to consider who to kill.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #186
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE COUGARFREAK
Old 01-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #187
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
VOTE COUGARFREAK

This vote seems out of no where?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #188
Autumn
Head Coach

I think he's playing off of Cougar's vote, which was similarly structured and defended ;-)
Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #189
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think he's playing off of Cougar's vote, which was similarly structured and defended ;-)

My sentiments exactly. They have been driven mad by the spice.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #190
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This vote seems out of no where?

I wouldn't say that. It actually came from me.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #191
Autumn
Head Coach

Now that my household has calmed down some and I can ponder it, I'm thinking of moving off of Pass. He's a better vote than some, but I would guess he's not a traitor. Looking over the votes I would probably go Jackal before anyone else, just based on vibe. But as I said above Jackal, Darth and Chief are both in my wolf zone in the vote yesterday. I may switch to Darth since I don't want to spread the vote any more here with a Jackal vote.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #192
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

It sorta was, but now I just saw his off-topic thread, and now I feel bad. No big, since I'll probably end up switching my vote anyway....TO YOU!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #193
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
It sorta was, but now I just saw his off-topic thread, and now I feel bad. No big, since I'll probably end up switching my vote anyway....TO YOU!!!

um ... great lol
Old 01-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #194
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Now that my household has calmed down some and I can ponder it, I'm thinking of moving off of Pass. He's a better vote than some, but I would guess he's not a traitor. Looking over the votes I would probably go Jackal before anyone else, just based on vibe. But as I said above Jackal, Darth and Chief are both in my wolf zone in the vote yesterday. I may switch to Darth since I don't want to spread the vote any more here with a Jackal vote.

Whatchoo think of PF?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #195
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Whatchoo think of PF?

Well, I left him off my list because I was going with the theory that on day one, with lots of suspects getting votes, and two villagers in the lead (as I am privy to know) that the wolves would just vote early and stay out of the limelight. If I was bad, yeah PF would look bad. But knowing that I'm good I can't see a wolf sticking their neck out there like that. Similarly RA took the effort to unvote and vote on one of the leaders - I don't see bothering to do that if you're a wolf, most likely.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #196
Autumn
Head Coach

You, however, Pass, could have the same argument - except that if you got online fairly late you had a tough choice - you can't just leave your vote somewhere innocent. Anything you do late is going to draw attention. Tying it with 10 minutes though seems a bit over the top, but maybe you're a wolf hoping to see if we both get killed if it's a tie. Rather risky day one though, which is why I tend to think you're not our best guess.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #197
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I left him off my list because I was going with the theory that on day one, with lots of suspects getting votes, and two villagers in the lead (as I am privy to know) that the wolves would just vote early and stay out of the limelight. If I was bad, yeah PF would look bad. But knowing that I'm good I can't see a wolf sticking their neck out there like that. Similarly RA took the effort to unvote and vote on one of the leaders - I don't see bothering to do that if you're a wolf, most likely.

I can see that. My thoughts on PF definitely had you as his accomplice. Reading back through the thread, though, I'm not looking at you, and probably not looking at PF as a result. Maybe The Jackal? There's a post at the end of Day 1 by someone, let me see if I can find it.

And honestly, 10 minutes is a lot of time. Look how many posts were made just by me before the deadline.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #198
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll be interested in what you find if it's on Jackal as he's the one who's pinged me most. I actually hate to start a run on someone new though if he's not going to be around tonight.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #199
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I don't want to save anyone, I think it likely they are both vanilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Still think it likely that Autumn was also vanilla, but PF's late vote should be remembered, at least.

Here's the posts, it was The Jackal. The first post was before the deadline, the second one was after results. I don't know that Autumn is a vanilla villegar, but I'm definitely leaning that way. This makes me think this is a wolf move by The Jackal to push toward PF today, which ended up being unnecessary since with me and Autumn in the lead, no wolves are in danger.

UNVOTE COUGARFREAK
VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #200
The Jackal
Coordinator

Spurious reasoning. I didn't want to vote for Martin because I didn't feel he was a wolf and he wasn't around to defend himself, and I felt similarly about Autumn on top of which voting for him would have made it a tie after what Pass/PF did.