Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #151
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Honestly, none of the three leading candidates feels uber-wolfy to me at the moment.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to get an uber-wolfy vibe this early either way? Obviously we want to go after wolves, but we don't know anyone from anyone else at this point in the game.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Flipped a virtual Silver Siliqua from Valentinian's reign as Roman Emperor.

VOTE AUTUMN
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #153
Autumn
Head Coach

Coin flips, that's the way to go.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #154
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

On Day 1, with neither of you having done anything particularly notable...it's as good as any other.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #155
The Jackal
Coordinator

Autumn - 5 - (PF 82, CR 95, ntn 100, DV 111, DT 154)
EF - 4- (hoops 92, saldana 97, Lathum 104, Danny 112)
Danny - 3 - (Autumn 117, Thomkal 123, EF 126)
hoopsguy - 1 - (jeff 89)

Last edited by The Jackal : 02-01-2011 at 08:51 PM.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #156
Autumn
Head Coach

Well I think it's pretty clear we have two villagers on the block. Nobody's scrambling to move to Danny or anybody else. I can't really do anything about the vote, EF and I are both elsewhere so we cancel out. I'd urge people to try a third candidate, but only someone who's around.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #158
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry Autumn, self preservation in case there is any funny business.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #159
Autumn
Head Coach

Good idea, I was surprised you weren't doing that. I'm not going to risk the tie anyway. Better to lose a vanilla villager than risk whatever would have happened.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #160
The Jackal
Coordinator

DEADLINE
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #161
The Jackal
Coordinator

Autumn - 6 - (PF 82, CR 95, ntn 100, DV 111, DT 154, EF 157)
Danny - 2 - (Autumn 117, Thomkal 123)
hoopsguy - 1 - (jeff 89)
Old 02-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #162
The Jackal
Coordinator

After a day of accusations and changed minds, the group settles upon Autumn as one of the traitors. The mood is tense and no one seems to be particularly sure of their decision.

In the center of the room where you are all being held, a guillotine has appeared. Autumn is marched up to it, looking solemn. He turns away from you with scorned eyes, and prepares to meet his fate.

Autumn was a vanilla villager!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #163
The Jackal
Coordinator

Night Actions due by 930 AM EST.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #164
Autumn
Head Coach

You guys suck. Also, Jackal sucks for not giving me a sweet role.

Just kidding, somebody had to go and I guess it's my turn, I've had some good runs of late. Good luck Watchmen!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #165
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You guys suck. Also, Jackal sucks for not giving me a sweet role.

Just kidding, somebody had to go and I guess it's my turn, I've had some good runs of late. Good luck Watchmen!

Blame random.org
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #166
hoopsguy
General Manager

So much for the best laid plans .... high winds = nervous kid falling asleep = one hoopsguy late for deadline.

I'm surprised there was no conversation about the tie and what the unknown mechanism might be.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #167
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

coulda been worse, so for a day one i'm ok with this outcome

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #168
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
coulda been worse, so for a day one i'm ok with this outcome

*haunts Darth Vilus*
Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #169
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

I am seeing some odd Lathum/Danny connection. He uses the pregame comment as justification (references it) but then seems to jump off when Danny got other action and jumped on the person that started that action.

I voted you because at the time I was the only vote on Danny and the general consensus was to narrow it down to 3 players.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #170
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
This may just be poor reading on my or NTN's part, but I believe we were 2-2-2-2-1-1 at this point with me, Danny, Hoops and EF all having two votes. So either NTN forgot about Danny or ...

I see that Autumn was the day one lottery "winner" but he made a valid point. so I might as well address it. I started by using the list Jackal made on that page (2) EF voted for then unvoted for Danny. So iwas under the assumption that Danny had only 1 vote when I made my comment and vote.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #171
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
*haunts Darth Vilus*

a disembodied spirit is nothing compared to that of the Dark Lord of the Sith

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #172
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sorry I missed out on this one. I just noticed the PM. I need to put it on popup. Have fun guys!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #173
The Jackal
Coordinator

You gather round, ready to start a new day of discussion and accusations. But someone is missing, and it is Thomkal.

You approach his sleeping chambers and peel back the curtain. Laying on the floor is the head of Rorschach, his mask left intact with his head, but body missing.

But wait.. upon closer examination, there is something.. not quite right about the mask. Lifting it off his face, you realize this is not Rorschach at all, but Dr. Malcolm Long.

Thomkal was Dr. Malcolm Long!

You set about ready to figure out who was behind the attacks. You may not have lost a Minuteman, but he was on the side of good nonetheless, even if he'd gone a bit crazy.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #174
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Thank you .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #175
J23
College Benchwarmer

Finally checking in. Huge apologies for not being around yesterday. I'm getting caught up atm.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #176
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I suppose if we had to lose a roled villager, that is the one we want to go (sorry Thomkal!)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #177
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I suppose if we had to lose a roled villager, that is the one we want to go (sorry Thomkal!)

Yeah. I haven't played a game with a fee seer(have their been others?). I'd imagine it's hugely disruptive.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #178
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

^
Fake Seer. Still injecting coffee this morning.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #179
saldana
Pro Starter

i agree, if we had to lose someone, the fake seer is always a good one to go...i have always found them to be more confusing than anything.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #180
Danny
Head Coach

Running late this morning, not a bad first day though.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #181
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i agree, if we had to lose someone, the fake seer is always a good one to go...i have always found them to be more confusing than anything.

yeah, imo a good outcome
Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #182
Thomkal
Head Coach

Grrrr I guess my strategy didn't work out so well. But thankfully I was the fake seer so the damage was not too much. So :Pbbt! to the wolves!

Good luck all.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #183
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Re: Thomkal, what's been said, agreed. Hate to lose a villager, but at least he is the unwittingly least helpful.

I am disappointed Autumn was a villager, as I introduced him to the mix. I would understand getting flack for that. I had no real suspicion of Autumn over anyone else, and his choice by me was more a victim of circumstance, where I felt a three way race in the lone run would provide us with more information about yesterday's vote. It would have been nice for Autumn to have been a wolf, but I knew the odds were against it.

Our decision today would appear to be to focus on some of the other top targets from yesterday's vote (Danny, Eaglefan, hoopsguy) or to go in a whole new direction.

If we go with the former, I would lean toward Danny and Eaglefan. hoopsguy isn't giving me too much of a wolf vibe.

But I don't know that Danny or EF are any more wolves than the others.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #184
saldana
Pro Starter

chief, not trying to point a finger at all, but when does hoops actually give off a wolf vibe.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #185
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

All I noticed from hoops was a hard deflection followed by relative silence when he got a second vote cast on him. Successfully taking himself out of the running and any discussion.

But wanting to survive a crapshoot day 1 vote is not limited to wolves.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
chief, not trying to point a finger at all, but when does hoops actually give off a wolf vibe.

Heh... I find my reads on him are mixed. You're right, though, that I rarely feel that "HE"S A WOLF" feeling on him. He does well deflecting that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #187
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Our decision today would appear to be to focus on some of the other top targets from yesterday's vote (Danny, Eaglefan, hoopsguy) or to go in a whole new direction.

If we go with the former, I would lean toward Danny and Eaglefan. hoopsguy isn't giving me too much of a wolf vibe.

But I don't know that Danny or EF are any more wolves than the others.

From looking at the votes yesterday, it didn't seem that there was a big push to lynch Autumn over the other vote-getters. That makes me think that maybe we were barking up the wrong tree.

I also tried to look at Thomkal's posts to see if there was any reason he was targetted but I didn't really see any hidden messages (though I have been pretty oblivious to these things in the past). I'm guessing that it was just a random hit looking for the seer (and luckily finding the fake one instead of the real one).
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathums been really quiet
Old 02-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #189
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WTF guys, pretty quiet
Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #190
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, this is not solving my work boredom. Thanksfully working from home today. I'm feeling to green to go all half cocked and I don't have any insight on the personality of players.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Autumn - 6 - (PF 82, CR 95, ntn 100, DV 111, DT 154, EF 157)
Danny - 2 - (Autumn 117, Thomkal 123)
hoopsguy - 1 - (jeff 89)

OK, so here is the vote from yeasterday. Interesting that we know both Danny voters were villagers.

What that makes me wonder is would presumably 3 wolves split their votes between 2 candidates, one a known villager, or did they spread out more. If they did that makes Jeff a good candidate for a vote.

I think EF is also a good candidate, may give up some insight to the people who voted for him.

Jeff has been away a while, so for now

Vote EF
Old 02-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #192
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Little misleading to look at the final. At the time when I voted there were, I believe 6 people with a single. Didn't want a 7th so put it on Hoops for no particular reason. Everyone switched around afterwards.

I was at the deadline prepared to switch to make sure there was no tie, but otherwise I didn't want to jump around. Which used to be frowned upon later on . However it's not lost on me that I stick out a little because I didn't switch like everyone else.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #193
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Something about CR is rubbing me wrong, so I am going to run with it, see what pans out.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 02-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #194
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Im running a little late and have to head out to work right now. Sorry but I won't be back before deadline, my job sucks.

Vote ntndeacon

I think there's a wolf somewhere in the Autumn voters, just not sure who. Until i have time to go back and look through the posts I'm going with ntn

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #195
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote saldana

Though I am still leaning towards Danny/Lathum but want to stir things up a little today with adding a new name to the mix. I would assume that there is at least one wolf on me.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Something about CR is rubbing me wrong, so I am going to run with it, see what pans out.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Well, at least I can argue against that, lol.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I know EF raised some questions with his vote switches, but it's just too bold. He's definitely a question mark, but right now, I find it hard to believe he's a wolf and chooses to do his vote switches. It would be a bold play for a wolf to draw that much attention to himself. He could very well be Ozymandias, the cunning (and maybe the brutal, too), but I need more evidence right now to believe that's the game he's playing.

I think it's an obvious truth that there must be wolves in the Autumn voters, and less obvious, but likely at least one in the EF voters, too. Both DV and EF have merit to what they're saying with their votes.

But just like I'm not ready to vote EF, I'm certainly not ready to follow his lead on a vote, so I am not going with saldana.

DV's choice struck me, because it reminded me of a wolf vibe I got yesterday, when I read ntn's response to my Autumn vote (post #100).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Looks like we are back to 3 with 2 votes each. I kinda like your argument CR. So I will end up on one of the 3... The back and forth this early makes me think of grasping at straws..so at least for day one that is enough reason to steer clear of the EF Hoops debate... Therefore I am left with only one option...

Vote Autumn

His post reminded me of two things. One, that it's the kind of vote a wolf might make, latching onto another's theory to sorta "hide" himself, follow the train as it were. And two, it reminded me of myself when I am a villager who is busy IRL and hasn't been able to read every post beyond skimming.

So ntn could be a wolf or a villager, lol. Yeah, that helps.

In any case, the first possibility is enough to get my vote for now.

VOTE NTNDEACON

Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #198
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So we have

NTNDeacon - 2
Chief - 1
EagleFan - 1
Saldana 1

I agree with Chief on Eagle and want to start actually creating some candidates. Don't want to pile on or spread everyone out...again. I'm looking at Chief and Saldana. Chief has posting some strategy, which at the very least can be looked back at later on.

For now:
VOTE SALDANA

Old 02-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #199
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Reposted without cruddy formatting, assuming edits are frowned upon?
--------
So we have

NTNDeacon - 2
Chief - 1
EagleFan - 1
Saldana 1

I agree with Chief on Eagle and want to start actually creating some candidates. Don't want to pile on or spread everyone out...again. I'm looking at Chief and Saldana. Chief has posting some strategy, which at the very least can be looked back at later on.

For now:
VOTE SALDANA

Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #200
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I had hoped to be able to participate a lot more today but my kid's daycare called me at 6AM to say they were closed. So I've been locked in with kid duty and that is not ideal for WW play.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote