Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

St. Louis - Kauai

St. Louis sends

P J.J. Mixson
SP Tom Elser
RF Jamie Daughtry
1864 1st rounder (1.5)
1865 1st rounder
1866 1st rounder
IF/OF Donald Hill
SP Jalen Walker
1B Brendan Kolins
OF Stefan Miller
SP C.J. Applegate

for

Kauai sends:
SP Lusala Chaga
1B Steeven Grand

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
wolvie109
n00b

Confirmed.
wolvie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

So the rationale here wasn't even readily apparent at first. I wasn't in the market necessarily to make this kind of move. But...assessing my team, it became apparently that we weren't going to be able to drop fat off our roster (not for a lack of trying) and despite the big deals I've made the off-season dropping heavy contract/big players, we've managed to come away as a decent core but lacking starting depth.

But you can't ask a guy to give up the best young pitcher in the game and a strong hitter and not give something back in return. So I loaded the boat (purposely) to demonstrate my seriousness.

It's a fair deal, because in exchange for years of one of the best young pitching talents in the game and a hitter who has potential to be as good, he gets a retooled situation, a lottery pick, some other pieces and a few minor leaguers who have the potential to turn out solid as well.

So really, I was being creative (big trades where you're being creative is always fun) and I always try to make deals close to win-win as possible. We might still end up missing the playoffs this year, but there's no doubt in my mind that this deal makes us better without having to sacrifice core pieces of our squad and puts us in the hopeful position of maybe contending in the 2nd half and going forward.

We'll see what happens, but I like it.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Processed
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
So the rationale here wasn't even readily apparent at first. I wasn't in the market necessarily to make this kind of move. But...assessing my team, it became apparently that we weren't going to be able to drop fat off our roster (not for a lack of trying) and despite the big deals I've made the off-season dropping heavy contract/big players, we've managed to come away as a decent core but lacking starting depth.

But you can't ask a guy to give up the best young pitcher in the game and a strong hitter and not give something back in return. So I loaded the boat (purposely) to demonstrate my seriousness.

It's a fair deal, because in exchange for years of one of the best young pitching talents in the game and a hitter who has potential to be as good, he gets a retooled situation, a lottery pick, some other pieces and a few minor leaguers who have the potential to turn out solid as well.

So really, I was being creative (big trades where you're being creative is always fun) and I always try to make deals close to win-win as possible. We might still end up missing the playoffs this year, but there's no doubt in my mind that this deal makes us better without having to sacrifice core pieces of our squad and puts us in the hopeful position of maybe contending in the 2nd half and going forward.

We'll see what happens, but I like it.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The 1.5 he took that year? Ron Cowles

In 1865, he took Ed Morgan and the following year, the last pick from this trade, he took Pat Walters who ended up in St. Louis anyway in the trade that netted Los Angeles, Zach Brummett Pat Wright and Eddie Santos
Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

And in case there was any confusion, clearly wolvie won this deal hands down. He took a young ace pitcher and a hot hitting first baseman who isn't good anymore and converted them almost half of his 25 man roster.

I have no regrets about this trade. Chaga helped me win two titles and at the time, I felt like we were floundering and I had no real direction for this team, just a lot of prospect assets thanks to FFP and stuff and not sure what we were gonna do. He helped me get younger and really change the way this team looks.

So a real win-win.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

HA!
I didn't see the date at first.
I thought you guys made ANOTHER deal.

Funny.

F*CK SUBBY
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #11