Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #251
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

woulda been nice hoops... but we learned somethign anyways!
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #252
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Back, a couple cops helped push her out. She tried to make a u-turnand went off the road into what was rain soaked ground. Luckily they were able to get her out.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #253
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

or will learn something
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #254
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
woulda been nice hoops... but we learned somethign anyways!

What did we learn?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #255
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I guess I didn't miss anything?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #256
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Generally bad and people who caused the tie or failed to break it are not seen in a good light. Hannibal caused the tie, but myself, Jonathan and you were all here to potentially break it. I just didn't feel it was worth the risk of possibly killing the seer and I figured Gram would have made a vote for someone. I think in all of this, Gram might come out looking the worst for not breaking that tie or at least doing something.

I was seriously considering switching my vote to EF. I even had it typed up and ready to post. But I just couldn't pull the switch on the off chance that EF really is the seer (I see him more as either a wolf or the janitor rather than the seer right now). I was also waiting to see where Gram went with his vote, and I'm surprised that he didn't do anything.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #257
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
What did we learn?
''well if hes good then we keep the seer alive a day or 2 if hes not then we dont really lose anything.....
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #258
Danny
Head Coach

Gram, what happened?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #259
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

im on my phone, ithought the deadline is 10pm
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #260
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

hopefully i will be phone lynching on the 21st!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #261
hoopsguy
General Manager

Should be some interesting conversation for Day 2. I'm off to watch football.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #262
Danny
Head Coach

Have fun
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #263
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
im on my phone, ithought the deadline is 10pm

7 PM EST
Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #264
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

football? oh lame!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #265
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
''well if hes good then we keep the seer alive a day or 2 if hes not then we dont really lose anything.....

Except if he's not and we let a wolf (or the janitor) go on day one, we miss a major chance to strike a huge blow to the wolves. Yeah, we might know the truth about EF in a couple of days, but at what cost? And what happens in a couple of days if the real seer reveals him/herself? Are we going to have a day full of Seer 1 vs. Seer 2?

Hopefully I'm wrong and EF is the seer like he claims and we are able to get some good info out of him before the wolves get him. But we'll see...
Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #266
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I wish I had been here, then I would have pushed on EF. I don;t buy it. It was the absolute best timing for a wolf to have claimed to be a seer. Find a time near deadline, but not too near, when many are gone, and hit the "Im a seer" button. Chances he was a seer: 1 in 15. Chances he was a wolf or the Janitor? Either a 3 or 4 in 15. I'd have played those odds.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #267
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

If I had dropped a quick vote without trying to read the 4 pages, I would have dropped it on RPI. No real reason other than he voted me saying I did not check in. I was actually the 2nd person to check in. Really nothing but day one crap.

Otherwise, Jackyl was the way to go. Let EF live and see if he gets killed by the wolves by day 2. That way you get one scan if he is good and a wolf on day two if he is bad.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #268
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I will go on record now as saying when it happened I was not a fan of Hannibal's move .

I was going to wait til tomorrow, but I don't want to look like I'm jumping a bandwagon two days in a row. Obviously no one's going to lynch Eagle tomorrow(right), but Hannibal may be the next best thing. I haven't put much thought into Hoops Jackal theory though, that may be worth exploring as well.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #269
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone want to reveal as Lathum?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #270
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I wish I had been here, then I would have pushed on EF. I don;t buy it. It was the absolute best timing for a wolf to have claimed to be a seer. Find a time near deadline, but not too near, when many are gone, and hit the "Im a seer" button. Chances he was a seer: 1 in 15. Chances he was a wolf or the Janitor? Either a 3 or 4 in 15. I'd have played those odds.

Every bit of that is exactly what my thought process at the time was.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #271
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll check back in later, time to fire up some Silent Hunter 3 and see if I can find me a British battleship.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #272
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

write up coming
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #273
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

6 - EagleFan - jeheinz (79), Abe Sargent (86), jeff061 (109), The Jackal (135), DT (189), Hoops (196)
6 - The Jackel - Barkeep (49), Jonathan Ezarik (103), Telle (147), EF (164), Danny (194) Hannibal (229)
1 - Grammaticus - RPI-Fan (51),
1 - Danny - Chief Rum (46)

You have all been told of the wolf problem, yet like the indesisive young minds you are can't decide on who to lynch. Maybe it really isn't as big a problem as you think. You all go to bed, hoping to awake whole in the morning.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #274
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You all awake in the morning and head down for breakfast before classes. You all look around and it seems no one is missing. Things are looking up, maybe all this talk of wolves is just an urban myth?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #275
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Day 2 has begun.

I am going to make the deadline from this point out 10:00 PM EST. I apparently haven't mastered living on the west coast. I hope this works for everyone
Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #276
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That was like Day 0

Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #277
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today is like Day 1

Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #278
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Would a BG defense cause this? No feedback at all?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #279
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Would a BG defense cause this? No feedback at all?

It's possible the BG guarded the correct person and prevented an attack. Or the BG guarded the wolf with the kill ability and that prevented the wolf from making the kill. Or maybe there was a conversion attempt. Or maybe the wolves were too stoned to actually do anything more than order in some pizza.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #280
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Can't wait to hear what EF learned.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #281
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If there was a BG defense, THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #282
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have a CoT of one:

Danny
Old 01-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #283
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Any suggestions for the night 2 scan? Not sure how long I last out in the open like this but we might as well ride out the good fortunes as long as possible.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #284
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I can't imagine you'll last the night, but I'm sure that'll be discussed in depth tomorrow .

Old 01-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #285
The Jackal
Coordinator

I got drawn into dinner with the family, sorry about that. Glad to see that I didn't get the axe there at the end. Will come in with some thoughts later tonight or tomorrow.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #286
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I have a CoT of one:

Danny

Can you verify this, Danny? Did you get any notice that you were scanned?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #287
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

has anyone ever know they were scanned?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #288
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

(not being a dick, but has anyone ever ran that wrinkle?)
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #289
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Well, it has been some time since I played, but back then it wasn't unusual for the subject of a scan to receive some kind of notification that something happened to them. They wouldn't be told per se that they were scanned, but that someone visited them during the night. Again, I don't know if that's the norm now or not.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #290
hoopsguy
General Manager

So why scan Danny? There were a half a dozen people who voted for you and he was not among them. Were you that eager to know about your roommate that you thought it did not make sense to scan the other guy in the run-off with you, or someone who you thought was orchestrating against you?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I remember one time I came home to a tie, and I literally was ripping into everyone.

Can't really muster it for this one. For one thing, my vote was on neither candidate (although that was a foregone conclusion, since I had to be at work). Just a weird set of circumstances that resulted in a tie. Many people could have done something, but I find it hard to blame anyone specific.

It would be better if we knew now what this vote means, but it's not valueless, just because there was no lynch. These are still valuable data points we will get more from down the road. And in all likelihood, we lynch a villager. So, maybe this is a net positive for the village, where we don't kill a villager.

Really, thanks to I imagine the BG's great protection decision, we have a whole day of data to stew over, and not one villager is dead.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #292
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So why scan Danny? There were a half a dozen people who voted for you and he was not among them. Were you that eager to know about your roommate that you thought it did not make sense to scan the other guy in the run-off with you, or someone who you thought was orchestrating against you?

I thought it was a passable decision, considering he claims to be the seer and can PM with Danny. With that sort of information to give out, I would want to know if my roommate was a good guy, too.

Not saying he couldn't have gone elsewhere with the scan, but I don't think it's an awful decision.

All this premised on him actually being the seer, of course, which is clearly still in question. Personally, I'm thinking we should ignore the issue of EF today. If he dies on Night Two, then we can trust his results, and Danny. If he still lives, he's a wolf, and we kill him on Day Three, and we believe nothing he said. Either way, he's gone in two days at most, and we have at best one cleared player.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #293
Danny
Head Coach

Here goes, I am the bodyguard, last night I guarded EagleFan. Nothing happened which means there was no kill attempt on EF. This means either the wolves screwed up and did not send in a kill order or EF is a wolf and was assigned to kill someone, but I guess couldn't because I was guarding him.

He did PM me that I was scanned and that he knew I was watching over him last night and must be the BG. He then questioned what I knew from the attack. It doesn't make sense of him not being a wolf unless the wolves screwed up. And if he is a wolf they clearly know I am the BG now anyway. I will be protecting myself tonight, so will have at least one more day here after the reveal.

Vote Eaglefan
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #294
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here goes, I am the bodyguard, last night I guarded EagleFan. Nothing happened which means there was no kill attempt on EF. This means either the wolves screwed up and did not send in a kill order or EF is a wolf and was assigned to kill someone, but I guess couldn't because I was guarding him.

He did PM me that I was scanned and that he knew I was watching over him last night and must be the BG. He then questioned what I knew from the attack. It doesn't make sense of him not being a wolf unless the wolves screwed up. And if he is a wolf they clearly know I am the BG now anyway. I will be protecting myself tonight, so will have at least one more day here after the reveal.

Vote Eaglefan

I am having trouble understanding what exactly is convincing you in your second paragraph above (specifically, the bolded sentence).

All that said, I understand the rest of it just fine, and I agree with you. Way to go, Danny.

VOTE EAGLEFAN

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #295
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Eaglefan

Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #296
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am having trouble understanding what exactly is convincing you in your second paragraph above (specifically, the bolded sentence).

All that said, I understand the rest of it just fine, and I agree with you. Way to go, Danny.

VOTE EAGLEFAN

That part was just reiterating what I said in the first paragraph that the only it makes sense of him not being a wolf if the wolves somehow didn't get in their night kill orders which is obviously unlikely.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #297
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That part was just reiterating what I said in the first paragraph that the only it makes sense of him not being a wolf if the wolves somehow didn't get in their night kill orders which is obviously unlikely.

Cool, I get it. Thanks, Danny.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #298
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't want to jump to quick, but everything certainly adds up to him being a wolf. From the bizarre reveal yesterday to this and I don't think Danny would be so quick to put his neck on the line as a wolf, so I trust him.

It's only problematic if:

A. The wolves did screw up
B. BG doesn't get feedback(which would be silly)

That said, EF asking what he knew about the attack is a bit sketchy. But why would they send EF to attack when he had this kind of heat on them, when it was obvious he would be protected? Maybe they just sent orders in to early?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 AM   #299
hoopsguy
General Manager

Upon further review, I'm glad I did not have an opportunity to switch that vote yesterday. Stupid gut

Guess we can spend today looking at votes from yesterday, see how those stack up.

VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #300
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well I'm pretty sure, assuming Eagle is voted out and confirmed a wolf Hannibal should prepare himself for a lynching .

So the hell with it. Vote Eaglefan

If he is the seer, which I don't think he is, he'd be killed tonight anyways. Not a huge loss.