Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #801
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
If I was a wolf, even if I wanted to get trust for voting for a wolf, why would I take it that far? I mean I was railing against him all day, keeping him on the candidate list.

Furthermore, from a purely strategical level, wouldn't I pick/sacrifice the wolf who is likely to get scanned (hoops)?

You were not really railing against him all day. Just arguing back and forth. Then you posted: ). “My vote stands, if others follow or leave, that's cool. But it's Day One, I've cast my lot and barring some huge revelation in another direction I'm not inclined to change it.”

That type of strategy is to hang a vote on a wolf and make it look like there is friction so when the wolf comes up lupine, you can play fake opposition and say you voted for a wolf. I guess it just feels like you were way too aggressive for a day one thing that really didn’t have any foundation. It just doesn’t feel right. But right now, between you, RPI, Telle and a trailing DT, I think you are the best bet for a wolf. Certainly not a sure thing.

I really wish Jackal had been guarded. If he had we would know right now whether or not you or RPI are for sure a wolf as a roomie hit is 100% unless the target IS the BG. Since the wolves hit the seer, he would have died even if protected if the killer was his roomie. If neither of you were a wolf, it would have been a block and we would know you were both students. At this point, I think we should purge your room and move on. At the same time hoping the BG really did not protect himself and will do so tonight so a wolf hit causes something colossal.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #802
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post 801:

2 - RPI-Fan - Hannibal (719), Barkeep (730)
2 - Hannibal - Chief Rum (723), jeheinze (770)
2 - jeheinz - jeff (768), Grammaticus (772)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #803
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
You were not really railing against him all day. Just arguing back and forth. Then you posted: ). “My vote stands, if others follow or leave, that's cool. But it's Day One, I've cast my lot and barring some huge revelation in another direction I'm not inclined to change it.”

That type of strategy is to hang a vote on a wolf and make it look like there is friction so when the wolf comes up lupine, you can play fake opposition and say you voted for a wolf. I guess it just feels like you were way too aggressive for a day one thing that really didn’t have any foundation. It just doesn’t feel right. But right now, between you, RPI, Telle and a trailing DT, I think you are the best bet for a wolf. Certainly not a sure thing.

I really wish Jackal had been guarded. If he had we would know right now whether or not you or RPI are for sure a wolf as a roomie hit is 100% unless the target IS the BG. Since the wolves hit the seer, he would have died even if protected if the killer was his roomie. If neither of you were a wolf, it would have been a block and we would know you were both students. At this point, I think we should purge your room and move on. At the same time hoping the BG really did not protect himself and will do so tonight so a wolf hit causes something colossal.

By railing I meant arguing. And really, it was moreso his reaction to my vote that kept me on him. The initial reason on my part was minor

But whatever man
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #804
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

2 - Hannibal - Chief Rum (723), jeheinze (770)

I find these voters together to be interesting

2 - RPI-Fan - Hannibal (719), Barkeep (730)

Ditto - particularly given who they are on.

These votes I don't find all that interesting
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #805
Telle
College Starter

Care to share what you find interesting about them, DT?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #806
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Well we've already established that voting for RPI fan doesn't make sense. Barkeep is cleared, so okay - that's just a dumb vote but I presume he'll change it. But Hannibal has been here all day and has still laid a vote on RPI? To what end? He knows too that that's not a good play. And I was already suspicious of Hannibal as I've said before. So that ratchets him up a bit.

As I mentioned I'm suspicious of Hannibal correct? So I just find it interesting that Chief Rum, who I am always wary of, laid a vote on Hannibal (although it was earlier, before all this back-and-forth).

It doesn't change my feelings on anybody really, but I just think that somewhere in there we may have our last wolf (unless it's you or abe), and that the way the votes are laid out at this moment 2-2-2 with those particular people might actually give us something to meaningfully analyze.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #807
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Also interesting that Heinzy is the other vote on Hannibal - although he has moved up the trust ladder a lil bit in my eyes, he's still someone i'm keeping an eye on.

Going to be very interesting to watch how the day plays out, as it gets later (before I could possibly be killed at night) I might have some thoughts on how it plays out...
Old 01-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #808
Telle
College Starter

Well Hannibal did vote for RPI-Fan before all this discussion came about.. and in fact was the first vote of the day. And after finding out about RPI-Fan's PMs, I think the first reaction is to want to vote for him. But then again, it's also a really good place for a wolf to hide a vote.

Why does CR voting for Hannibal seem suspicious to you, since you yourself have suspicions of Hannibal?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #809
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

not necessarily suspicious...just...interesting. potentially a breadcrumb for analysis
Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #810
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heinze I think just threw it on the only person in the running that wasn't himself or RPI.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #811
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After seeing the evidence:

Vote rpi

I see no reason to keep him around.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #812
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Heinze I think just threw it on the only person in the running that wasn't himself or RPI.

Indeed.

I'd prefer to vote for Gramm, but I'm not about to make it 2-2-1-1 if I'm one of the 2's and the other 2 no one wants to vote for.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #813
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm

+1 for Abe on the suspiscion-o-meter
Old 01-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #814
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Indeed.

I'd prefer to vote for Gramm, but I'm not about to make it 2-2-1-1 if I'm one of the 2's and the other 2 no one wants to vote for.

I'll go with you on Gramm, as I'm not too keen on any of the current candidates.

VOTE GRAMMATICUS
Old 01-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #815
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heinze, chances are I'm going to come off you. I just wanted to see others people rock the boat some before.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #816
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well in those cases then, I'll vote moreso in line with who I actually suspect rather than play defense

Unvote Hannibal Lecter
Vote Grammaticus
Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #817
Telle
College Starter

Vote count as of 816:

3 - RPI-Fan - Hannibal (719), Barkeep (730), Abe Sargent (811)
2 - Grammaticus - Telle (814), jeheinze (816)
1 - Hannibal - Chief Rum (723)

Yet to vote: RPI Fan, DaddyTorgo, Danny
Old 01-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #818
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

3 - RPI-Fan - Hannibal (719), Barkeep (730) Abe (811)
2 Gramm- Telle (814) heinze (770)
1 - Hannibal - Chief Rum (723)
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #819
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mr. BK - please refer to my analysis of why a vote for RPI-Fan is suboptimal villager-play at this time and consider adjusting your vote accordingly. As a cleared villager I guess it makes no sense to suggest you might be a wolf, but RPI-Fan is not a necessary vote yet.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #820
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Well we've already established that voting for RPI fan doesn't make sense. Barkeep is cleared, so okay - that's just a dumb vote but I presume he'll change it. But Hannibal has been here all day and has still laid a vote on RPI? To what end? He knows too that that's not a good play. And I was already suspicious of Hannibal as I've said before. So that ratchets him up a bit.

As I mentioned I'm suspicious of Hannibal correct? So I just find it interesting that Chief Rum, who I am always wary of, laid a vote on Hannibal (although it was earlier, before all this back-and-forth).

It doesn't change my feelings on anybody really, but I just think that somewhere in there we may have our last wolf (unless it's you or abe), and that the way the votes are laid out at this moment 2-2-2 with those particular people might actually give us something to meaningfully analyze.

i love how you have decided [Wrongly] that voting for RPI si bad, ive seen your statistics.... and that does not answer anything for me, hes bad get rid of him, end of story!
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #821
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

for what its worth, i see nothing WRONG with voting for Gramm or Heinze, and I could conceivable move my vote, but i think an RPI vote now is the right way to go.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #822
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Heinz
Vote Hannibal

Seriously. We can't continually be arguing things that should just be accepted as fact.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #823
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Mr. BK - please refer to my analysis of why a vote for RPI-Fan is suboptimal villager-play at this time and consider adjusting your vote accordingly. As a cleared villager I guess it makes no sense to suggest you might be a wolf, but RPI-Fan is not a necessary vote yet.

FWIW this die hard insistence on a flawed analysis makes me wonder if RPI is the wolf, and your the janitor....
Old 01-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #824
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

He's not bad. He counts as a villager for the purposes of determining the final ratio. That means that he's not bad until he reaches that point. You're smarter than this Hannibal. C'mon.

That being said...you're giving off more of a misguided-villager vibe than a wolf-vibe to me.

Question - did anyone else's wolfy roommates engage them in a lot of PM's, or were they mostly quiet?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #825
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
unvote Heinz
Vote Hannibal

Seriously. We can't continually be arguing things that should just be accepted as fact.
if you really feel voting me gains you anything then by all means do so.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #826
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well you've made horrible choices, bad analysys and argue against proper course of action.

It removes a speed bump.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #827
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
He's not bad. He counts as a villager for the purposes of determining the final ratio. That means that he's not bad until he reaches that point. You're smarter than this Hannibal. C'mon.

That being said...you're giving off more of a misguided-villager vibe than a wolf-vibe to me.

Question - did anyone else's wolfy roommates engage them in a lot of PM's, or were they mostly quiet?
were no where near that point yet tho. if it was day 7 and we were nearing endgame then it might matter, NOW we know we dont need him around. we have a while before we need to worry abot ratios.

your trying too hard not to lose, rather than going for the prize!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #828
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He was to me as well. But christ, he's beyond misguided at this point.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #829
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well you've made horrible choices, bad analysys and argue against proper course of action.

It removes a speed bump.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #830
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I meant to quote that not bold, oops

Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #831
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:

It removes a speed bump.
I mad a bad choice (which was a calculated risk which went wrong) and Im arguing the right choice,

at this point im actually getting mad, yalls do whatever you want, someone IM me in the mornign if im still alive.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #832
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
were no where near that point yet tho. if it was day 7 and we were nearing endgame then it might matter, NOW we know we dont need him around. we have a while before we need to worry abot ratios.

We don't get a "special super victory" by eliminating him though dude. There's no prize in it. It's like taking candy from a baby.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #833
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hi hoopsy!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #834
hoopsguy
General Manager

Afternoon, DT.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #835
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post

But eliminating the janitor doesn't get use the "prize". So there's no point in killing off RPI-Fan right away, unless you think he's actually a wolf. In the meantime, our efforts are better spent on catching the remaining wolf.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #836
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE GRAMMATICUS
Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #837
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

for now. of course subject to change.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #838
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i have a bunch of thoughts, but i want to save them until closer to deadline.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #839
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

For what its worth I'll probably jump off hoops. I am leaning towards Gram, was before I voted for Hoops.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #840
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Err Hannibal, not hoops.

Damn Hs confuse my tiny brain.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #841
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
For what its worth I'll probably jump off hoops. I am leaning towards Gram, was before I voted for Hoops.

Well you're just all over the place today aren't you?

vote RPI-Fan 734
vote jeheinze 768
vote Hannibal 822
Old 01-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #842
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yes I really am. RPI was a quickie and I quickly agreed with DT. I should not have cast that.

Heinze and Hannibal, well, neither of them were being logical and were putting us into a situation where wrong decisions were being made. Which combined with the fact that neither of them had gained my trust. Especially Hannibal.

I voted for them, those problems went away. Worthwhile votes I say .

Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #843
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And I would have voted for Gramm awhile ago, if not for the fact I've been all over the place. So I'm waiting, just in case.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #844
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in-thread: Gram, hoops, jeheinz, telle
Old 01-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #845
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm honestly just reading along. Nothing to add really
Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #846
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that's cool. just pointing it out.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #847
Telle
College Starter

I'm curious as to why Grammaticus hasn't said anything, considering he's now tied for first place in the votes.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #848
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I'm curious as to why Grammaticus hasn't said anything, considering he's now tied for first place in the votes.

that's one of the reasons i was pointing it out Telle. See if I could roust him. And lo-and-behold, he's gone.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #849
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hey - RendeR & Telle - GET A ROOM!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #850
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*shameless post-whoring*