Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
NewIdentity
High School JV

FYI. Sirius/XM free preview May 25th - June 7

Quote:
The preview is actually May 25th - June 7.
Channels for Sirius are:
Sirius XM Hits 1
The Blend
Sirius XM Love
'40s
'50s
'60s
'70s
'80s
THe Pulse
Elvis Radio
Escape
Classic REwind
1st Wave
The Coffee House
The Bridge
Sirius XM Chill
Heart & Soul
Soultown
The Highway
Prime Country
The Roadhouse
Bluegrass Junction
Watercolors
Real Jazz
Spa
Siriusly Sinatra
Met Opera Radio
Sirius XM Pops
Symphony Hall
Caliente
The Message
enLighten
Praise
Laugh USA
Doctor Radio
Radio Disney
Kids Place LIve
ESPN Radio
SIRIUS XM Sports Nation
SIRIUS NFL Radio
SIRIUS Nascar Radio
POTUS
CNBC
FOX News
CNN
HLN
npr now
FOX New Talk

If you have an old non active radio it will work for this 2 week period. My old MyFi is back up and working again.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
TLK
Pro Starter

I just noticed this on the way home. It's cool for free, but I'd never use it enough to pay for it.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I am one of the early customers to the original XM Service subscribing within the first year. It was a great idea back then. Listening to music commercial-free on an hour commute each way was wonderful. If you really think about it, why is this so different than buying a Tivo (which I also have) and skipping the commercials? The point is, time is valuable. And for me, it was worth the investment. We have satellite radio in both of our cars and one extra portable receiver I listen to every day at work. While I no longer have the same commute, I still listen to it almost every single day. And for me, what I like best is the great variety of stations to listen to. I can recall in years past going through a 80's phase, jazz, classical, alternative rock, rap, r&b. In the past couple of months, I've started listening more to Opie & Anthony. Of course, I also listen to news, ESPN, and comedy. I appreciate the fact that I can pick from a number of stations based on my mood.

Now I will say since the XM & Sirius merger, they have begun to combine the stations, and so some of my favorites are no longer what they used to be. But I have discovered new channels as well. Satellite Radio is one discretionary expense that I have found well worth it over the years. Neither me or anyone in my family works for SiriusXM - I'm just a satisfied customer!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting. Maybe I'll check it out again (receiver is still in my car), though I have no intention of going back to Sirius (receiver in my car) or the combined Sirius/XM. Both left me with a bad taste in my mouth with poor customer service, and my commute is so short I don't get much listening done (and on longer trips, I prefer audiobooks).

One thing I do miss, though, is hearing new music--I more or less listen to my iPod all the time and rely on ads, iTunes suggestions and new music notifications and friends (and threads here) to find new stuff.

I also do not like the orbit that the Sirius satellites are in. In my area, it causes me to lose signal every time I go under and underpass.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
NewIdentity
High School JV

Here is the link to their site about the free preview.

XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service

There is an offer for 5 months of service for $20.00, but be warned that it auto renews for the regular rate.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 06-02-2010 at 08:44 AM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I was a long time subscriber and truly liked the service.
When I bought my new vehicle it wasn't equipped and just never got around to adding a receiver. I did call and cancel the day I sol the old vehicle and after fighting for over a year to get them to stop billing me, and having to have AmEx dispute the charges to make it stop (and they continue to bill me...but they don't cost me at this point) I will never go back.

That said, the real reason for this promo is to weed out non payers.
there is a pretty well publicized cheat where you cancel service and then continue to receive it for free forever more...this promo week will end that.

Soooo if you are one of these people, Id unplug it for a week or so.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote