Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #701
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
About as much as there is an actual case against CR.

blah. I don't feel like voting for either of them. neither of them has really...roused my suspiscion.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #702
Lorena
Unregistered

14 members... nice! So do any of you 13 people out there have an updated post count? The last one I saw was Alan's and a few people voted for Lathum after that.

Thanks.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #703
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

It just said that Scoobz wasn't allied with Sauron and that he was dealing with sorcery. That means Saruman.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #704
Tyrith
College Starter

The way Lathum took my arguments makes me think he's bad, or he's playing sloppy like he accused me of. He's still very high on my watch list...that said, the way Swaggs is playing now is making me even more suspicious, and since Lathum isn't gonna get lynched tonight I'm switching.

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE SWAGGS
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #705
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
anyone...is there an actual case against lathum?

I voted for him because he suggested that there was an unsuccesful conversion. This could mean

- the forces of darkness tried to convert him and for some reason failed
- he is in league with the forces of darkness, and is trying to confuse us with rumors
- he is a witness and has some knowledge of night activities
- he has no idea what happened last night and is just taking a WAG

Cases 1 and 3 he would be better served to just tell us "this happened last night." Case 2 he is a good lynch, case 4, well, who knows. I voted for him, but I'm not sold on the lynch.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #706
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Plus, like i said, no way lathum can be bad 4 games in a row!
Statistical fallacy -- this game is an independent event, the fact that he was "bad" in previous games makes it no more or less likely for him to be bad in this game.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #707
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I should probably join the race since my guy isn't in it.

Unvote Spleen
Vote Lathum
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #708
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Agreed that Lathum isn't going to get lynched. Dunno if we should be letting him off the hook this early, nor if he had enough presence during the day to be any value for voting analysis down the road, but...

UNVOTE Lathum
VOTE Chief Rum

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #709
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Why?

* He was the dark adept, not associated with a faction, so chances are pretty good that none of the bad guys realized what he was.

* There was no night one, so there is zero chance of a seer or that sort being involved.

I tell you, we did well to get the dark adept out of the game yesterday, but there is NOTHING to take out of the vote!

I disagree with stating this so factually. I still stand by my feeling that he was part of saruman's team if not the head of it. For arguement case you have to at least assume he could have been part of one of the teams until we see a listing for another bad guy list their side.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #710
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
The way Lathum took my arguments makes me think he's bad, or he's playing sloppy like he accused me of. He's still very high on my watch list...that said, the way Swaggs is playing now is making me even more suspicious, and since Lathum isn't gonna get lynched tonight I'm switching.

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE SWAGGS

That doesn't make sense to me. You say that you think Lathum's bad. But you move your vote to somebody that you KNOW isn't going to get lynched.

Lathum is still in the race. If you're going to move your vote, it doesn't make sense to move it to Swaggs. Or am I missing something?

Huh?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #711
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE SWAGGS

I am on the side of light, are you?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #712
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I voted for him because he suggested that there was an unsuccesful conversion. This could mean

- the forces of darkness tried to convert him and for some reason failed
- he is in league with the forces of darkness, and is trying to confuse us with rumors
- he is a witness and has some knowledge of night activities
- he has no idea what happened last night and is just taking a WAG

Cases 1 and 3 he would be better served to just tell us "this happened last night." Case 2 he is a good lynch, case 4, well, who knows. I voted for him, but I'm not sold on the lynch.

thanks Cronin. that's at least more than we have on CR.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 11-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #713
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I disagree with stating this so factually. I still stand by my feeling that he was part of saruman's team if not the head of it. For arguement case you have to at least assume he could have been part of one of the teams until we see a listing for another bad guy list their side.

Then what do you make of the rules saying that a dead guy's faction is revealed?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #714
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
It just said that Scoobz wasn't allied with Sauron and that he was dealing with sorcery. That means Saruman.
Or, since he was not revealed to be in Saruman's faction, that he was some sort of susceptible player who was a sorceror type (in the lingo of standard WW games) or a "conversion target" type. I feel pretty strongly that it was one of the latter two.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #715
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Tyrith is moving up my radar quickly.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #716
Tyrith
College Starter

Hrm...well now if Mr.W and I were back on Lathum it'd be 9-9. We still need three more votes on a candidate, though, if we want to lynch.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #717
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
thanks Cronin. that's at least more than we have on CR.

VOTE LATHUM

Yes. I agree. It isn't much, but .... heck, we don't have much on anybody at this point.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #718
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Where are you getting that from?

Here is what the rules post says:

Nothing about a minor victory or any other type of victory is specified. It appears to be winner take all within the dark side.

both groups are darkness, yes?

if they overwhelm us then "darkness" wins

then the GM determines who of the two darkness factions wins the whole thing.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #719
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, I don't know how you define UTR, but I say anybody getting as many votes as Chief Rum is very much on the radar.

That is off point. One of the reasons he has gotten votes today, at the beginning of the day is because of his UTR play and how that is somewhat out of character for him. This is probably the biggest reason I vote for him over Lathum.

Yeah he is now on the radar as anyone else on your list would be once votes start accumulating.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #720
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, this is an utter disaster.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #721
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith is moving up my radar quickly.

What the heck for? If I was a bad guy don't you think I'd be slightly more intelligent than to spend two days randomly not reading posts and acting like a chicken with my head cut off? Do you really have so little respect for my intelligence? And has there ever been a situation where a guy like me is acting dumb and _not_ controlling the conversation where they actually turned up bad?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #722
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Updated vote count for Dodgerchick:

Saldana - 1 (by Chief Rum)
Chief Rum - 10 (by saldana, Alan T, Schmidty, Lathum, Jonathan, Thomkal, Grammaticus, spleen, LoneStarGirl, Mr. Wednesday)
Blade - 1 (by Izulde)
st.cronin - 1 (by SnDvls)
Lathum - 7 (by st.cronin, Swaggs, ntndeacon, KWhit, Sublime, BrianD, DaddyTorgo)
Alan T - 1 (Blade)
Swaggs - 1 (Tyrith)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #723
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
That is off point. One of the reasons he has gotten votes today, at the beginning of the day is because of his UTR play and how that is somewhat out of character for him. This is probably the biggest reason I vote for him over Lathum.

Yeah he is now on the radar as anyone else on your list would be once votes start accumulating.

Like I said, we all have a different understanding of utr.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #724
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What the heck for? If I was a bad guy don't you think I'd be slightly more intelligent than to spend two days randomly not reading posts and acting like a chicken with my head cut off? Do you really have so little respect for my intelligence? And has there ever been a situation where a guy like me is acting dumb and _not_ controlling the conversation where they actually turned up bad?

you just seem really quick to accuse. *shrug*
Old 11-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #725
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

man Tyrith, you are really gunning for me. How are you so sure when you have claimed you need to pay better attention?

You are gonna look pretty bad once I come up smelling like roses.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #726
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
you just seem really quick to accuse. *shrug*

To be honest, right now I'm pretty angry at this game in general. I'm frustrated because of the way the last three games went totally awful, I botched yesterday, I'm generally not focused, and we're all running all over the place in a manner that gives anyone who wants a specific person to die ample ammunition to make it happen if they've got the political power. This is _insanely_ frustrating, and my trigger finger just wants to make someone that's been talking today die, but it won't happen.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #727
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
man Tyrith, you are really gunning for me. How are you so sure when you have claimed you need to pay better attention?

You are gonna look pretty bad once I come up smelling like roses.

Because I was paying attention during that argument, and you know it. If you are a good guy you are doing your best to twist around my arguments, which I will take as a personal attack and respond to accordingly.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #728
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Because I was paying attention during that argument, and you know it. If you are a good guy you are doing your best to twist around my arguments, which I will take as a personal attack and respond to accordingly.

you really shouldn't be so worried unless you have something to hide.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #729
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Then what do you make of the rules saying that a dead guy's faction is revealed?

It does say that faction, role and affiliation are revealed upon death.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #730
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think he was revealed as on the side of dark. I think we'll know for sure one way or another when another bad guy is lynched.

Right now I wouldn't likely press for people who didn't vote for him, and likewise I wouldn't create a cot of people who did vote for him as I already said. But I likewise think dismissing that he was on a team is a fallicy too.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #731
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

touche. if lathum comes up smelling like roses...hmmm
Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #732
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

As I see it you have spent the last couple of hours taking every argument I have and knowingly misinterpreting it. How else am I supposed to take it? You're putting information and ideas out there that, if they listen to you about what I was thinking could be very easily used against me. And you know it's not about having stuff to hide in this game, it's about trying to stay alive so that we make good lynches. If you know you're a good guy it's absolutely in your best interest to keep yourself alive because you KNOW you're good, unless it's in a situation where you are almost absolutely sure who another guy is and he's more valuable than you. So I'm going to be a bit worried when you throw out stuff that you could later use to call me a wolf.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #733
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

have to disagree with you here.

I believe he was an outsider who could have been a part of either team
going off fouts info it says side of light and townfolk
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #734
Swaggs
Coordinator

Am I missing something in this exchange between Lathum and Tyrith?

Tyrith accuses Lathum of being bad, removes his vote from Lathum, and puts it on me--all in the same thread.

And they are now arguing?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #735
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I think he was revealed as on the side of dark. I think we'll know for sure one way or another when another bad guy is lynched.

Right now I wouldn't likely press for people who didn't vote for him, and likewise I wouldn't create a cot of people who did vote for him as I already said. But I likewise think dismissing that he was on a team is a fallicy too.

Throughout the rules process Anxiety talked about the four sides as being actual allegiances. Furthermore, Fouts full allegiance was revealed upon death. There is no distinction in the rules for roles being revealed differently for good or bad, so I'm inclined to think we know what we're gonna know for now.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #736
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Updated vote count for Dodgerchick:

Saldana - 1 (by Chief Rum)
Chief Rum - 10 (by saldana, Alan T, Schmidty, Lathum, Jonathan, Thomkal, Grammaticus, spleen, LoneStarGirl, Mr. Wednesday)
Blade - 1 (by Izulde)
st.cronin - 1 (by SnDvls)
Lathum - 7 (by st.cronin, Swaggs, ntndeacon, KWhit, Sublime, BrianD, DaddyTorgo)
Alan T - 1 (Blade)
Swaggs - 1 (Tyrith)

My vote count is a little different :

(11) Chief Rum - Saldana (482), Alan (504), Schmidty (552), Lathum (555), Jonathan Ezarik (577), Thomkal (585), Grammaticus (593), Spleen (625), Lonestargirl (700), Tyrith (704)
(7) Lathum - St.Cronin (557), Swaggs (594), Ntndeacon (595), Kwhit (607), Sublime (616), BrianD (707), Daddytorgo (712)
(1) Saldana - Chief Rum (446)
(1) Blade - Izulde (484)
(1) St.cronin - Sndvls (532)
(1) Alan - Blade (611)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #737
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Am I missing something in this exchange between Lathum and Tyrith?

Tyrith accuses Lathum of being bad, removes his vote from Lathum, and puts it on me--all in the same thread.

And they are now arguing?

No, not missing anything. Pretty much spot on.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #738
Izulde
Head Coach

Since I'm of the viewpoint that lynches only help those of the Light and we're getting close to deadline with no clear lynch, I'm throwing my vote to the majority.

UNVOTE BLADE

VOTE CHIEF RUM

I'm still wary of Blade, though.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #739
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

That seems reasonable. I don't know quite where else to start, though. This Lathum-Tyrith bickering doesn't impress me any more than the AlanT-Blade-saldana war from day 1.

I put forward a concrete reason to vote for Lathum, and he goes after Tyrith, which is interesting. I'm certainly ready to be wrong about Lathum, but his act is pretty strange.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #740
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
As I see it you have spent the last couple of hours taking every argument I have and knowingly misinterpreting it. How else am I supposed to take it? You're putting information and ideas out there that, if they listen to you about what I was thinking could be very easily used against me. And you know it's not about having stuff to hide in this game, it's about trying to stay alive so that we make good lynches. If you know you're a good guy it's absolutely in your best interest to keep yourself alive because you KNOW you're good, unless it's in a situation where you are almost absolutely sure who another guy is and he's more valuable than you. So I'm going to be a bit worried when you throw out stuff that you could later use to call me a wolf.

This was my argument against Alan the other day...all we need now is lathum saying he wasnt calling you a wolf and saying you are lying about what he said to make it complete
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #741
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
No, not missing anything. Pretty much spot on.

I'm not making sense right now when it comes to the whole Lathum situation. I'm well and truly on tilt when it comes to him.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #742
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Throughout the rules process Anxiety talked about the four sides as being actual allegiances. Furthermore, Fouts full allegiance was revealed upon death. There is no distinction in the rules for roles being revealed differently for good or bad, so I'm inclined to think we know what we're gonna know for now.

Well I could be wrong on this then. Either way I don't think it should affect how we play today or any other day until we know for sure. (ie: we shouldn't form a CoT from that day or such)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #743
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Well I could be wrong on this then. Either way I don't think it should affect how we play today or any other day until we know for sure. (ie: we shouldn't form a CoT from that day or such)

True. I suspect in the next day or two we'll know for sure.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #744
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
My vote count is a little different :

(11) Chief Rum - Saldana (482), Alan (504), Schmidty (552), Lathum (555), Jonathan Ezarik (577), Thomkal (585), Grammaticus (593), Spleen (625), Lonestargirl (700), Tyrith (704)
(7) Lathum - St.Cronin (557), Swaggs (594), Ntndeacon (595), Kwhit (607), Sublime (616), BrianD (707), Daddytorgo (712)
(1) Saldana - Chief Rum (446)
(1) Blade - Izulde (484)
(1) St.cronin - Sndvls (532)
(1) Alan - Blade (611)

I have 11 for CR and 6 for Lathum.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #745
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Alan, your list has only ten names voting for Chief.

With Izulde's vote, Chief now has 11.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #746
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I completely agree with 99% of saldana's take yesterday. I just wasn't around to post it. So, put me on your list as well, CR.

Post #451 cronin, which people asked you to explain at the time and you never did. Now that you seem to be talking more, care to explain this post from yesterday? Is it in regards to alan, as that was what i felt CR/Saldana debate was over
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #747
Tyrith
College Starter

Alan, I am very much not voting for Chief, which would be the error with your record.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #748
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not making sense right now when it comes to the whole Lathum situation. I'm well and truly on tilt when it comes to him.

Why did you vote for me, then?

I am one of the few people that have come out and said I am on the side of light and I put out my position that, agree with me or not, I feel like we need to vote/lynch someone because it is one of the only tools available to us, yet you vote for me because I am being suspicious.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #749
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, your list has only ten names voting for Chief.

With Izulde's vote, Chief now has 11.

Let me figure out who I missed. I think its 12 now:

(446) Chief rum votes Saldana (1)
(482) Saldana votes Chief Rum (1)
(484) Izulde votes Blade (1)
(501) Jonathan Ezarik votes Daddy Torgo (1)
(504) Alan votes Chief Rum (2)
(532) Sndvls votes St.Cronin (1)
(552) Schmidty votes Chief Rum (3)
(554) BrianD votes Spleen (1)
(555) Lathum votes Chief Rum (4)
(557) St.Cronin votes Lathum (1)
(565) Tyrith votes Lathum (2)
(574) Blade votes Chief Rum (5)
(577) Jonathan Ezarik UNVOTES Daddy Torgo (0) ***
(577) Jonathan Ezarik votes Chief Rum (6)
(583) Mr.Wednesday votes Lathum (3)
(585) Thomkal votes Chief Rum (7)
(593) Grammaticus votes Chief Rum (8)
(594) Swaggs votes Lathum (4)
(595) Ntndeacon votes Lathum (5)
(607) Kwhit votes Lathum (6)
(611) Blade UNVOTES Chief RUm (7) ***
(611) Blade votes Alan (1)
(616) Sublime votes Lathum (7)
(625) Spleen votes Chief Rum (8)
(700) Lonestargirl votes Chief Rum (9)
(704) Tyrith UNVOTES Lathum (6) ***