Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #51
Groundhog
Coordinator

Based on my experience with sports titles, I'm going to avoid any bug threads because I find that if I know they are there, I look out for them, and if I don't know about them, I usually don't see them.

Always the risk I'll run into a show stopper, but I get the feeling that I won't mind restarting FO4...

Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #52
Peregrine
Pro Starter

What do you guys think of the new system combining skills and perks? Not sure I can get used to it but we'll see.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #53
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Didn't love it, since it's remained mostly unchanged since Fallout 1. But I think it willl grow on me.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-09-2015 at 05:59 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #54
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I have it pre loaded now. Seems like such a long wait....
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Let the XB1 installation process begin

I was somewhere around 50th to leave with a copy, nearly that many more behind me. Game in hand at 12:13am, not bad at all really.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Let the XB1 installation process begin

Give or take, about 35 mins to install.

First game will start about 1:14am. Yeah, assuming all goes well, I'd call that a very successful release night.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #57
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm assuming some of you will be calling in to work sick tomorrow.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #58
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Even better for me - I'm off until Friday night.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 11-10-2015, 01:37 AM   #59
Groundhog
Coordinator

DAMN YOU STEAM HURRY UP AND DECRYPT
Old 11-10-2015, 02:13 AM   #60
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Had my first weird bug before I even started the game! At the very start where your character is looking in the mirror he just stayed looking and nothing happened - if I hit ESC I would hear some audio but it never got past that. Started again and all worked fine.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:30 AM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not much handholding in the first couple of hours (I'm out of the vault, wandering & scavving the first place you go).

But I felt kinda dumb having to google to figure out how to "wait".
So THAT is why there are literally f'n places to sit everywhere in the game.
Doh !
Old 11-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #62
Groundhog
Coordinator

Loving it so far. Only bug I've had is when I got my first power suit, I went to fire my weapon, the game kinda hung for about 15 seconds, and then I was teleported a distance across the map...
Old 11-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #63
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wow I am super loving this game so far. One thing that took me by surprise in terms of how much I liked it was not having to click to open stuff (like boxes or desks) but instead having it all available on view. Saves an insane number of extra clicks over the course of the game.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #64
Grover
Pro Starter

Currently installing. Won't be able to play until tomorrow night. So sad.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #65
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Wife is picking me up a copy on her way to work. Won't be able to play until later this afternoon.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #66
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

okay, nine hours or so for my first session.

Game feels noticeably harder than I remember either of the others being.
Freakin' Corvega factory should not be tasked at a level this low, although the real problem with it is stray raiders with Bethesda AI playing hide n go seek so the mission is taking for freakin' ever.

The changes that had me concerned have largely been no big deal.
The potential of the settlement system isn't life-changing but it seems pretty darned good, looking forward to seeing it open up more as I progress.

Kudos to Bethesda for a game that had me engaged within 15 minutes.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:58 AM   #67
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
okay, nine hours or so for my first session.

Game feels noticeably harder than I remember either of the others being.
Freakin' Corvega factory should not be tasked at a level this low, although the real problem with it is stray raiders with Bethesda AI playing hide n go seek so the mission is taking for freakin' ever.

The changes that had me concerned have largely been no big deal.
The potential of the settlement system isn't life-changing but it seems pretty darned good, looking forward to seeing it open up more as I progress.

So that first factory quest for the Minutemen is as ridiculous as advertised in the reviews I've read

Old 11-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #68
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
So that first factory quest for the Minutemen is as ridiculous as advertised in the reviews I've read

You mean it's not just that I suck? That's ... comforting, I think.

It's without a doubt the largest & longest battle I've come across in the series with the exception of the stupid bridge at the end of New Vegas. You're simply underpowered for something like that, even if you OCD scavving everything & crafting & all sort of other stuff that might make you better prepared.

I'm 2.5 hours into it & am still trying to find stray raiders.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #69
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I have to say that so far I'm really liking the new levelling system. It gives you a ton of flexibility and you don't feel that because you're already committed to one thing you have to keep going with it, as you did with the skill system. It's a really nice setup if you want to be a jack-of-all-trades.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #70
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, I think this is the big thing. 15 minutes in, it felt like catching up with an old friend. I could make minor quibbles about the graphics not looking 'next-gen' and some of the animations being a bit stiff/dated, but at the end of the day there's a reason why I'll end up spending god knows how many hours on this as opposed to something like GTA V.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:37 PM   #71
chinaski
College Prospect

About 9 hours deep, loving it so far, although the town building and inv management is waay lame imo. You have to drop your junk items to the ground, go into build mode, and then scrap them...guuuuh!!!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:47 PM   #72
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
About 9 hours deep, loving it so far, although the town building and inv management is waay lame imo. You have to drop your junk items to the ground, go into build mode, and then scrap them...guuuuh!!!

Wait, can't you just stick them into the workbench inventory (assuming you're close enough to the bench to itneract with it) and scrap them directly from there? {trying to remember}

The teenager is playing at the moment & wandering a long way from a bench so I can't just look atm.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #73
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yes you can put all your junk into your workshop "system" all at once - go to a weapon/armor/workshop item and do transfer, then press T and all your junk will go from your inventory to the workshop immediately. You actually never need to manually scrap junk as the system will keep track of it and use it for whatever resources you need as you build stuff.

As far as the inventory system it took me a while to realize you can use the sort button to sort stuff by various criteria, like damage, or in my case most importantly, weight.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-10-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #74
korme
Go Reds

I could spend all day re-arranging and building the settlement.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #75
Grover
Pro Starter

Apparently you can use Dog Meat to open the locked box in the Overseer's office.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #76
bhlloy
Coordinator

Dammit, you guys were supposed to tell me it was full of bugs and not worth playing for the two weeks all my stuff is in storage...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #77
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I gotta wait til the black friday deals go live.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #78
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Dammit, you guys were supposed to tell me it was full of bugs and not worth playing for the two weeks all my stuff is in storage...

It is full of bugs but so far the ones I have seen are pretty minor and just petty annoyances.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #79
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Have you never played a Bethesda title on release?

Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #80
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Have you never played a Bethesda title on release?

You're missing his point...
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #81
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I did not find Chevron all that difficult, I'm playing with a game pad even (and not all that great at it). A few well placed frag grenades and molotovs made a huge difference. Just took me forever to find the damn elevator after I had cleared everything else out. The useless marker to the elevator exit instead of the entrance was a little frustrating.

Very fun game though. I know I shouldn't care, but I am still slightly disappointed in the graphics. They really are a minor upgrade of a 7 year old game. This stated after replaying some of Fallout 3 over the last few weeks. Just not a big difference.

Still having a blast though. Love how they handled the power armor, actually feels like power armor. No radical departure from Fallout 3, but everything is just tighter and more streamlined.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-11-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #82
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Yes you can put all your junk into your workshop "system" all at once - go to a weapon/armor/workshop item and do transfer, then press T and all your junk will go from your inventory to the workshop immediately. You actually never need to manually scrap junk as the system will keep track of it and use it for whatever resources you need as you build stuff.

As far as the inventory system it took me a while to realize you can use the sort button to sort stuff by various criteria, like damage, or in my case most importantly, weight.

Sadly it doesn't. When it auto breaks down junk, to say, get 2 screws, it will discard the other materials from whatever it broke down. This leads to a ton of quality parts getting tossed. From what I've read on Reddit, you need to toss all your junk on the ground, go into build mode then scrap it all one at a time, to insure you get all the materials possible from an item. Works well, just tedious.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #83
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I won't do that - easier to just find more junk.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #84
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I've only played a couple hours so far, seems a little linear to me. Doesn't feel quite as open world as Fallout 3.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #85
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I've only played a couple hours so far, seems a little linear to me. Doesn't feel quite as open world as Fallout 3.

fwiw, I had a little of that same feeling the first session, it pretty much faded by last night/this morning.

The difference, I think, isn't so much that the open world nature has changed as the game is simply throwing more stuff at us from the word go. It's so easy to let the game lead because I want to see where the stories are heading but it doesn't take much wandering off the path to run right back into the same odd quests & missions & sidetracks & such.

I suspect the open quests list will look more like (although not as lengthy) Skyrim's than previous Fallouts, a long list of tasks yet undone. A little disappointed to see several prompts that led to find & fetch missions but {shrug} who knows what else I'll run into along the way.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-11-2015 at 11:45 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #86
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
You're missing his point...

I did and I'm an idiot for that.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #87
Thomkal
Head Coach

So who here has the record for most hours played already? Jon?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #88
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So who here has the record for most hours played already? Jon?

Dunno about that but I would feel pretty good about the household lead
I'm currently at 19 hours I think, my kid is around 8.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #89
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
awesome
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #90
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

I am jealous of both of you and cannot wait to get out of work.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #91
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Any good legendary items so far? I've found a couple of really nice guns.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #92
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have just 3 in and just getting to clear concord square......Then lunch hour ended
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #93
Radii
Head Coach

The older I quicker motion sickness stuff seems to get to me, even in 3rd person, even taking ginger pills beforehand. Its the exploring of houses/offices where the camera changes quickly and zooms in and out that does it here, I suspect. I was able to play for about 2 hours last night before it started to bother me though.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #94
Grover
Pro Starter

Has anybody found Cheers yet?

Old 11-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #95
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
The older I quicker motion sickness stuff seems to get to me, even in 3rd person, even taking ginger pills beforehand. Its the exploring of houses/offices where the camera changes quickly and zooms in and out that does it here, I suspect. I was able to play for about 2 hours last night before it started to bother me though.

Maybe the FOV as well? That's something that's changed quite a bit in gaming over the last several years, so may not just be you getting old. If you're on the PC you can change that, google-fu it.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #96
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Anyone else feeling underwhelmed?

I would put FO3 among my 10 favorite games of all time, but I'm having a hard time getting into this one. I'm maybe 6 hours in, and it all just feels too familiar so far.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #97
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Anyone else feeling underwhelmed?

I would put FO3 among my 10 favorite games of all time, but I'm having a hard time getting into this one. I'm maybe 6 hours in, and it all just feels too familiar so far.

Right now? Yeah.

I need to give it some more attention though before I make up my mind on it.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:33 PM   #98
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Right now? Yeah.

I need to give it some more attention though before I make up my mind on it.

Oh same here. I'm sure I'll even play it to completion. I just came home pumped yesterday after picking up my pre-order... I was surprised at myself when after 2 hours I decided to turn it off and watch some TV.

Also i'm off of work today (which i thought was going to be perfectly aligned for a marathon gaming session). Again, I played a bit in the morning then wanted to put it down, and the same again in the afternoon.

I'm sure i'll end up enjoying it overall, it's just not gripping me in the way many games that really "click" with me do.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #99
Izulde
Head Coach

The subtitle bugs are pretty ridiculous. Lot of missing subtitles or subtitles that won't load.

The in-game documentation on a lot of stuff is pitiful, too.

That said, settlement building is going to be awesome once I get the hang of it, and that alone is going to put it above FO3 and FO:NV for me.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #100
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Sadly it doesn't. When it auto breaks down junk, to say, get 2 screws, it will discard the other materials from whatever it broke down. This leads to a ton of quality parts getting tossed. From what I've read on Reddit, you need to toss all your junk on the ground, go into build mode then scrap it all one at a time, to insure you get all the materials possible from an item. Works well, just tedious.

I think I've got a mix of the systems going now where I manually break down complex stuff with a lot of parts but the smaller, simpler stuff I just put in the system as is.