Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2020, 04:42 PM   #101
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
unvote RendeR

vote henry296

Unwarranted vote switches without explanation strike me as being off. Why did you switch from Render to henry?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #102
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Unwarranted vote switches without explanation strike me as being off. Why did you switch from Render to henry?

Chief, you know better... I have my reasons. Let's see how this unfolds. Lot's to learn yet. Let's just say my vote on RendeR was going nowhere for a bit and the other voter on him was just an initial throw in vote by his better half. Some movement after jumping off RendeR may be telling. Maybe not. We'll see.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:54 PM   #103
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll let it sit for now, but that's not really an explanation. It's also a second vote on someone whose first vote came from Autumn, who basically said he picked henry out of a hat.

In any case, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment. But you should also know how terrible it looks to drop a vote switch with no explanation.

The only people that know anything right now are baddies.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #104
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
The Recently Converted Wolf (Has a secret ability that only they will know about) and the Count (can convert a werewolf to a killing machine) seem to be the only roles with a dynamic that may be able to kill without a lynch. Not sure what the converted wolf ability would be so maybe not something that kills. Also not sure what a Killing Machine is.

I don't know either, but I do know it's that much scarier when you capitalize it into being a Killing Machine.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:11 PM   #105
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Roles (possible)
Doctor - Can heal a fellow wolf who was attacked.

Town Watch - Will watch over a player to see if any action was performed by that player, or against that player.

Brutal - If attacked, there is a 50% chance of also killing the attacker.

Wise Wolf - Can perform a seer ceremony to discover the true nature of their target.

Vanilla Wolf - Average werewolf.

Recently Converted Wolf - There maker is still around and will be converted back to a villager if their maker dies at the hands of the village. Has a secret ability that only they will know about.

Villager Seeking Revenge - Had a loved one killed by a werewolf and wants revenge. If taken out by a wolf will fire off a silver bullet at a target to eliminate them as well.

Vanilla Villager - Part of the villager team.

Contained Wolf - A villager who was scratched by a werewolf as a child but never turned, has werewolf DNA and will scan as a wolf.

The Count - Leader of the Vampires; chased from his home many miles away and had to choose this town to settle in. Can convert a werewolf to a killing machine.

Vanilla Vampire - Your average every day vampire.

Some interesting roles in here. Everything's a little confusing because of the reversal of villager/wolf dynamics.

The wolf roles have either been explained or make sense enough. As for the baddies...

The Vengeful Villager (EF, not sure how you missed that opportunity ) appears to be a brutal. The Vanilla Villager is ... vanilla. There is no hint as to what the Villagers' actions might include.

The Count has a conversion mechanic, like a cult leader. Any converted wolf (cultist) would appear to be super-powerful. No clues as to any ability a Vanilla Vampire might have.

So, reading through this, I'm not sure how powerful the bad-guy teams are...
Old 04-28-2020, 07:09 PM   #106
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I'll let it sit for now, but that's not really an explanation. It's also a second vote on someone whose first vote came from Autumn, who basically said he picked henry out of a hat.

In any case, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment. But you should also know how terrible it looks to drop a vote switch with no explanation.

The only people that know anything right now are baddies.

So you're one of the ones who has voted for the no-show, which is almost a meaningless vote, and yet you're actively criticizing someone else's vote that doesn't have much of an explanation behind it. Being overly suspicious like that can be an attempt from a "bad guy" to steer the voting away from another "bad guy".
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:19 PM   #107
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So you're one of the ones who has voted for the no-show, which is almost a meaningless vote, and yet you're actively criticizing someone else's vote that doesn't have much of an explanation behind it. Being overly suspicious like that can be an attempt from a "bad guy" to steer the voting away from another "bad guy".

It provides us with information about a role we may not end up having (if he has one) and removes an inactive player from the game.

You know there is good reason for the vote. Plenty more sound than any other reason I have seen so far. Or no reason at all, like you and timmae.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:23 PM   #108
henry296
College Starter

Vote Bhlloy
Old 04-28-2020, 07:24 PM   #109
timmae
College Starter

Ok... getting a bit late as I am away from my phone for a few hours. Here are my thoughts in case I am not here to defend myself tomorrow (forgive my typing as I am on my phone);

Likes - autumn as his entrance and subsequent posts seemed truthful, henry joking about wolf but good guy, britrock seemed fine with being a contrarian, render sounding ok

Not a huge fan of; Chief not diggin into to much detail, telle exposing she is vanilla wolf so that baddies can hunt elsewhere

Neither good nor bad; goldeneagle hasnt provide much, lonestar hasnt said much. Bhlloy has nothing.

Baddies at this point... chief, telle, GE and lonestar. Please note that this could be way off and I could look like an idiot real soon.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:26 PM   #110
timmae
College Starter

Darnit... maybe swap chief and henry now. Arghh.. how I hate thee game!
Old 04-28-2020, 07:27 PM   #111
timmae
College Starter

I probably will leave my vote on henry. We do not want.to vote off a no show tonight. Tomorrow night is a different story.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:30 PM   #112
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE bhlloy

I just can't vote for anyone else at this point. I think some of the movement and early votes can still provide us information down the road.

I am willing to change this vote if he checks in.

Plus, you never know, we may get really lucky and hit a villager.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A runaway vote on bhlloy doesn't give us much voting information to go on. And I would prefer to have that info over what we gain from killing off an inactive player.

UNVOTE BHLLOY

VOTE HENRY296

Old 04-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Unless my math is off, that creates a tie.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #115
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
A runaway vote on bhlloy doesn't give us much voting information to go on. And I would prefer to have that info over what we gain from killing off an inactive player.
[/b]

That's what I've been saying. And it's not unlikely that EF will figure out what to do with an inactive player so that we don't waste game time doing it ourselves.

And yes, Chief's vote switch to henry296 creates a tie. Three have not yet voted: LoneStarGirl, RendeR, and bhlloy (of course)
Old 04-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #116
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
VOTE bhlloy

I just can't vote for anyone else at this point. I think some of the movement and early votes can still provide us information down the road.

I am willing to change this vote if he checks in.

Plus, you never know, we may get really lucky and hit a villager.

I'm going to agree with this thought process for the time being. Its the best we have to work with without losing someone whose at least here and active.

VOTE BHLLOY
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #117
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The Recently Converted Wolf (Has a secret ability that only they will know about) and the Count (can convert a werewolf to a killing machine) seem to be the only roles with a dynamic that may be able to kill without a lynch. Not sure what the converted wolf ability would be so maybe not something that kills. Also not sure what a Killing Machine is.

Sorry just getting back on and catching up ...

I assume that though the bad guys are villagers in this game, they still will have a night kill. It would be quite a change if there is no regular bad guy kill in the game, or that the vampire has one but the villagers don't.

Killing machine ... no real idea. Two kills in a game this small seems like it would be too powerful. Maybe can get a kill even if the person is protected?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:12 PM   #118
Autumn
Head Coach

i don't have a vote count but sounds like bhlloy is in the lead by one vote. Has anyone not voted yet?
Old 04-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #119
RendeR
Coordinator

Lonestargirl and bhlloy
Old 04-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #120
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

That would be an interesting twist that villagers couldn’t make night kills but had some other kill mechanisms.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:15 PM   #121
Autumn
Head Coach

actually rereading, sounds like LSG and bhlloy (of course, duh) are missing votes still.

I don't like to vote no-shows for the reason Telle and now Chief have said, that it limits our information and gives an easy vote to the bad guys if the no-show is not one of them. So I will stick on Henry for now. Henry didn't do himself any favors by showing up and voting bhlloy without explanation. Maybe just saving his neck, but you still need to put the work in.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:15 PM   #122
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
i don't have a vote count but sounds like bhlloy is in the lead by one vote. Has anyone not voted yet?

Yes, bhlloy is in the lead by one vote with henry296 in second. LoneStarGirl and bhlloy have not yet voted, and I have the lone vote on RendeR.

I'm thinking of switching to henry296 since obviously nobody else is interested in voting for RendeR, but that puts us into a tie, at least temporarily.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #123
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

It seems like LSG is waiting to vote which is note worthy.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #124
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, bhlloy is in the lead by one vote with henry296 in second. LoneStarGirl and bhlloy have not yet voted, and I have the lone vote on RendeR.

I'm thinking of switching to henry296 since obviously nobody else is interested in voting for RendeR, but that puts us into a tie, at least temporarily.

Do you have an argument for voting RendeR?
Old 04-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #125
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I thought I voted earlier but I forgot the whole bold thing

Vote bhlloy
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #126
henry296
College Starter

I made that vote for the same reason I stated earlier. Essentially right now we really have a game with 9 people and if we vote someone else off besides bhlloy it is down to 8. Since he can't post to provide information, I think we should kill him to get information.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #127
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I thought I voted earlier but I forgot the whole bold thing

Vote bhlloy

I don't see an earlier vote post from you, just one with you saying you will vote him later if he doesn't show up.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:25 PM   #128
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Do you have an argument for voting RendeR?

She's married to me....nuff said LOL
Old 04-28-2020, 08:27 PM   #129
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
She's married to me....nuff said LOL

Starting to question that decision. It's ruining werewolf for me
Old 04-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #130
Telle
College Starter

I'm really against voting for the inactive player, for reasons I've stated multiple times. In an effort to prevent him from being the lynch, I'm moving my vote to henry296. This still leaves bhlloy in the lead with one vote, though.

unvote RendeR

vote henry296
Old 04-28-2020, 08:34 PM   #131
RendeR
Coordinator

so its even again.....
Old 04-28-2020, 08:35 PM   #132
RendeR
Coordinator

err no bhlloy is ahead 5-4 right?
Old 04-28-2020, 08:36 PM   #133
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't think so. I think bhlloy has 5 votes and henry 4

Old 04-28-2020, 08:38 PM   #134
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I don't think so. I think bhlloy has 5 votes and henry 4

Correct. And I really question the thinking of the five people with votes on bhlloy. I've already explained my thoughts on that extensively. If bhlloy comes back being a good guy, his voters are doubly suspect for not only voting for a good guy but also defying logic.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:42 PM   #135
RendeR
Coordinator

How is it logical go go after and lower the number of active players in such a small game when an inactive still gives us information but doesn't really hurt anything?

We at least learn what isn't in the game without damaging the active player base on, lets face it, a pretty shot in the dark day 1 vote.

lowering our available sources of input on day 1 is the illogical choice here.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #136
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As of post 90:

RendeR 2 - Telle (61), timmae (71)
bhlloy 2 - britrock88 (81), Chief Rum (87)
henry296 1 - Autumn (82)

Yet to vote: bhlloy, henry296, GoldenEagle, LoneStarGirl, RendeR

Yet to check in: bhlloy

Quote:
unvote RendeR

vote henry296

bhlloy 2, henry 2, render 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Vote Bhlloy

bhlloy 3, henry 2, render 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
VOTE bhlloy

bhlloy 4, henry 2, render 1

Quote:
UNVOTE BHLLOY

VOTE HENRY296

bhlloy 3, henry 3, render 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
VOTE BHLLOY

bhlloy 4, henry 3, render 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Vote bhlloy

bhlloy 5, henry 3, render 1

Quote:
unvote RendeR

vote henry296

bhlloy 5, henry 4

---

All this puts bhlloy in a position to vote to tie it up. Are we settling on henry as the only other option at this point?
Old 04-28-2020, 08:47 PM   #137
Telle
College Starter

I've already explained it multiple times. Maybe you should begin reading things thoroughly in this game.

1. If everyone just jumps on the inactive person then that tells us absolutely nothing. We've essentially lost a day of voting and the analysis it can provide.

2. We don't know if EF has a plan/mechanism for handling the inactive player. If he does, it's likely to be a much more balanced outcome than us blindly voting the player out.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #138
Telle
College Starter

Forgot to quote RendeR on that response. To be clear, my #137 is in direct response to his #135.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #139
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
All this puts bhlloy in a position to vote to tie it up. Are we settling on henry as the only other option at this point?

I don’t think that glvote is walking through the door.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #140
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

I'm open to options but we're running out of time. I'm still good with voting for RendeR
Old 04-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #141
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've already explained it multiple times. Maybe you should begin reading things thoroughly in this game.

1. If everyone just jumps on the inactive person then that tells us absolutely nothing. We've essentially lost a day of voting and the analysis it can provide.

2. We don't know if EF has a plan/mechanism for handling the inactive player. If he does, it's likely to be a much more balanced outcome than us blindly voting the player out.

We still have roughly a 10% chance of hitting a villager and that’s not nothing.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #142
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm open to options but we're running out of time. I'm still good with voting for RendeR

Let's make it funky!

UNVOTE bhlloy
VOTE RendeR
Old 04-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #143
RendeR
Coordinator

Its s day 1 vote, there is no voting analysis there. Day one we have nothing to go on, like ever.

You believe its likely to be a more balanced outcome, thats pure speculation on your part, there is no logic in that belief, no evidence to support it.

the Facts we have:

Day 1 vote, we know absolutely nothing about anyone specific.
We have 10 players, almost all with roles of some sort.
1 inactive player, with no input at all, so nothing is lost if we vote them off.
We gain the knowledge of their role so we know going forward what NOT to worry about.

Nothing speculative there. Flat facts.

For the whole group, the safest route is learning as much as we can without taking away from the group as a whole.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:54 PM   #144
RendeR
Coordinator

ugh, sorry folks, was responding to Telle's 2 point "logic"
Old 04-28-2020, 08:55 PM   #145
Telle
College Starter

It is NOT true that we don't know anything day 1. Yes the good guys don't know anything, but the bad guys DO. A retrospective analysis can be very useful. If everyone bandwagons on the inactive player we completely lose that.

unvote henry296
vote RendeR
Old 04-28-2020, 08:56 PM   #146
britrock88
Pro Starter

As of #143:

bhlloy 4 (henry, GE, render, LSG)
henry 4 (autumn, timmae, CR, telle)
render 1 (britrock)
Old 04-28-2020, 08:56 PM   #147
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Are we at a tie now? I see what Telle is saying but what are the odds of Bhlloy magically appearing tomorrow to play??
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #148
Telle
College Starter

As of #145:

bhlloy 4 (henry, GE, render, LSG)
henry 3 (autumn, timmae, CR)
render 2 (britrock, telle)
Old 04-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #149
britrock88
Pro Starter