Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #151
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
Hi, I'm Silvio Dante. I know there is a strong likelihoof that a hit has been placed on myself, so rather than keep a weapon closeby I'll simply keep it in a bag and place it in the back seat of my car.

Ya, that was a little silly. They know 100% that attempted hit is coming, and they're at their normal hangout, with no extra security, and limited access to weapons.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #152
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Hi, I'm Silvio Dante. I know there is a strong likelihoof that a hit has been placed on myself, so rather than keep a weapon closeby I'll simply keep it in a bag and place it in the back seat of my car.

Hi Silvio!
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #153
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have to admit, after the Bobby hit, when they cut to Silvio, all I was thinking was - couldn't you move a little quicker, even when they saw the car come in, they were driving so sloooooowwwww.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #154
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I have to admit, after the Bobby hit, when they cut to Silvio, all I was thinking was - couldn't you move a little quicker, even when they saw the car come in, they were driving so sloooooowwwww.

If I had been warned that I was about to be killed, but I didn't know when, where or by who, I'd be carrying around numerous weapons that are either loaded and easy to get to, or they are just sticking right out like the wild wild west.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:35 AM   #155
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
If I had been warned that I was about to be killed, but I didn't know when, where or by who, I'd be carrying around numerous weapons that are either loaded and easy to get to, or they are just sticking right out like the wild wild west.

That I agree with. I'm sure the first thing was they were so smug about the botched hit on Phil, that they weren't prepared for the payback.

Bobby was a goner with his cell in his pocket, but you'd think that you'd keep something like that at all times when you were responsible for a New York hit. It was believable because Bobby could be such a goof.

Silvio was more suprising because this is the guy that whacks people. I mean he did a hit just at the start of the episode. So yes, you'd think he'd be more aware, but I always got the picture that Silvio was a behind the scenes guy, he keeps his business quiet. I had a little less belief in his not carrying the gun, but he seemed more interested in all the business stuff to think they'd gun for him. Big mistake...some viewers allude that it's his just desserts scrambling for a gun the same way Adriana had to scramble in the woods to her death.

I've not read on any boards, but some complained about the violence in the death/injury of the motorcyclist as the hitmen scramble to get away, but I think it was more to add belief that a car could be stopped by a motorcycle, like Silvio's was. I was thinking why get out of the car, run over that hog and get out of there. Plus it may have been an allusion to the African that AJ's friend's beat up when he runs into the door of the one kid's car. His bike is run over in the violence.

This is one of those shows where you can see a bunch of things within things, even the dull episodes would illuminate something.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #156
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is it possible that both hits basically happened simultaneously? Or do i need to re-watch it, w/ Silvio being well aware that bobby got popped.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #157
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola, that was an awful driving job by Patsy(I think that's his name). It wouldn't suprise me if he has either flipped to NY or to the Feds. More likely NY, as it wouldn't be terribly hard to not hit someone in crossfire. I DVR'd the episode, I'm going to re-watch.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #158
Bad-example
College Starter

Not much time left to get final predictions down for posterity. I am thinking Tony ends up with the feds. It seems like the way to screw over Phil the most would be to put him back behind bars. Also, I find it hard to believe we are done with Dr Melfi. I would be surprised if she and Tony don't have one more session.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #159
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I think all of this happens in the last episode....

Tony dies

Phil Leotardo dies before Tony, directly as a result of Tony

One or both of Carlo Gervasi or Paulie Walnuts have backstabbed Tony to the NY families

The story about the guys from the Middle East is not resolved anymore than it already has been. The entire buildup was for the Fed to feed Tony info about the family decapitation.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #160
SunDevil
College Prospect

Tony wakes up. This was all a dream sequence.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #161
Radii
Head Coach

Predictions:

Phil Leotardo and Paulie die. The series ends with Tony, Carmella, Mellow and AJ having a meal together.

And the most unfortunate prediction of all, Janice does not die. Even worse she might join the Sopranos for the series ending meal pointing to the future.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #162
Radii
Head Coach

dola, agreed on the prediction that the storyline w/ the feds is over and done with.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #163
thesloppy
Pro Starter

As long as we're discussing the logic gaps, what's up with the Italians?

They get picked up at the airport by one of the Jersey crew because of course they're foreign and can't be expected to navigate the Big Apple on their lonesome....but then when the hit goes down that's exactly what they're doing, apparently driving randomly around New York, relying only on a picture of Phil to guide them? Before the botched hit it looked like they were parked and staking out a specific place....a place that turned out to be the home of a Ukranian man who looked an awful lot like Phil? None of that makes any sense. I guess you could reason that Phil arranged for his doppleganger (and daughter) to be at his safehouse, or that he lived very nearby to someone who looked just like him and the Italians got confused, but either situation seems like quite a stretch.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #164
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Hi, I'm Bobby Baccalieri...they shot my fucking train!
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #165
molson
General Manager

They've spent an awful lot of time with AJ this year, despite his limitations as an actor (it would have easy to write him out and downplay his importance). I'm thinking he's a big part of the finale - either whacking one of Phil's henchman who's looking to take out the family, or maybe even killling Tony.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #166
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
They've spent an awful lot of time with AJ this year, despite his limitations as an actor (it would have easy to write him out and downplay his importance). I'm thinking he's a big part of the finale - either whacking one of Phil's henchman who's looking to take out the family, or maybe even killling Tony.

*thinks back to when AJ did a trial run with uncle junior*
*and screwed it up, like his suicide*
*so maybe a murder/suicide combo*
*man that'd be bleak*
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #167
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
As long as we're discussing the logic gaps, what's up with the Italians?

They get picked up at the airport by one of the Jersey crew because of course they're foreign and can't be expected to navigate the Big Apple on their lonesome....but then when the hit goes down that's exactly what they're doing, apparently driving randomly around New York, relying only on a picture of Phil to guide them? Before the botched hit it looked like they were parked and staking out a specific place....a place that turned out to be the home of a Ukranian man who looked an awful lot like Phil? None of that makes any sense. I guess you could reason that Phil arranged for his doppleganger (and daughter) to be at his safehouse, or that he lived very nearby to someone who looked just like him and the Italians got confused, but either situation seems like quite a stretch.

Those were the same hitmen they used in the first part of season 6 to off the "king makers." Phil's comar just happened to have a father that looked an awful lot like Phil. Phil had gone to that address every friday night supposedly, so it was definitely thought he would be there. Also, the Italians are pretty competent hitmen, they just had never seen phil before.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #168
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

Yeah, this is my major thought too. Speculation and possibly unproven spoilers supposedly point towards some situation like that. Although it is extremely possible that it was just a red herring.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be suprised if they off Phil in the first 10 minutes, then they dodge an attempted hit by Butchie the Henchman(who has clearly snapped at that point). Then maybe they work shit out with the rest of the NY families, and then Tony and the Family then spend the rest of episode having dinner. Something way low keyer than we are expecting.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #169
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Those were the same hitmen they used in the first part of season 6 to off the "king makers." Phil's comar just happened to have a father that looked an awful lot like Phil. Phil had gone to that address every friday night supposedly, so it was definitely thought he would be there. Also, the Italians are pretty competent hitmen, they just had never seen phil before.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #170
RedKingGold
College Starter

The crazy rumor I heard is that Meadow is accidently killed while driving in Tony's car (b/c Phil's crew shoot up the car thinking Tony's inside).

Either way, I think the finale is definitely pointing to someone in the Soprano family other than Tony getting killed/murdered/whacked b/c of the very cryptic line in the last episode by Tony basically saying that families are left out of mafia hits.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 06-08-2007 at 06:55 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:03 PM   #171
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Or since she's dating Patsy's kid, it could be intentional. Cue the Godfather 3 Coppola-cam?

Last edited by NoMyths : 06-08-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #172
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths View Post
Or since she's dating Phil's kid, it could be intentional. Cue the Godfather 3 Coppola-cam?

I believe she's actually dating Pasty Parisi's son, Patrick.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #173
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
The crazy rumor I heard is that Meadow is accidently killed while driving in Tony's car (b/c Phil's crew shoot up the car thinking Tony's inside).

There's a ton of variations of that rumor out there. The first one I heard was that AJ was driving Tony's car, and Bobby (who was working with NY and was trying to whack Tony), ran him off the road, and then fled when he found out it was AJ (but not before AJ recognized him). That one obviously, won't pan out.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #174
Captain2711
High School JV

I can't help but look at the connection of Meadow dating a Parisi. What would be the significance of mentioning that she is dating a mobster's son? They could've made her date anyone. And let's not forget that Patsy thought about killing Tony that opening scene when he was standing in Tony's yard. Don't know how that connects, but just food for thought.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #175
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I believe she's actually dating Pasty Parisi's son, Patrick.
Thaaaat's who I meant. Thanks for the save.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #176
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Tony wakes up next to Suzanne Pleshette. This was all a dream sequence.

Yeah this sounds about right
Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #177
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain2711 View Post
I can't help but look at the connection of Meadow dating a Parisi. What would be the significance of mentioning that she is dating a mobster's son? They could've made her date anyone. And let's not forget that Patsy thought about killing Tony that opening scene when he was standing in Tony's yard. Don't know how that connects, but just food for thought.

She did date Jackie Aprile Jr. before Vito had to off him, so it's not like she hasn't dated a son of one of the crew.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #178
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is what I don't get. I thought it was against the "thing" to target guys like Phil or any made man without approval. ESPECIALLY a boss. In between the attempted hit on Phil, and the curb stomp on Coco, I think Tony's gotta be a dead man. Some people from the other 4 families will have to get wind of what's going on, and step in to stop it.

Although I think Phil's one Consiglieri(i think), aka the fat balding guy(not the glass eye guy) seemed a bit hesitant to decapitate. I wonder if that puts him towards being the snitch in the NY family.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #179
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
This is what I don't get. I thought it was against the "thing" to target guys like Phil or any made man without approval. ESPECIALLY a boss. In between the attempted hit on Phil, and the curb stomp on Coco, I think Tony's gotta be a dead man. Some people from the other 4 families will have to get wind of what's going on, and step in to stop it.

Although I think Phil's one Consiglieri(i think), aka the fat balding guy(not the glass eye guy) seemed a bit hesitant to decapitate. I wonder if that puts him towards being the snitch in the NY family.

nope. it's cuz Phil's Consiglieri knew that to put a hit on a Boss was a no-no in the mob world. he couldn't outright say "i don't agree with you", the Boss is always right and to back off a hit is to show weakness and that means you'll be whacked too. just doing his job as a Consiglieri, trying to show that it really is a big deal to whack a Boss and his captains and what Phil was doing was out of control.

i don't think the ending is going to be this gigantic fireworks display. i think it will be more low-key as a couple others have said. i say the ending is Tony dies (i don't want him to) when his family is taken hostage by Phil's men and he's forced into a "either you go or they go" situation

i hope in the DVD set for this season they show what all 4 ending were gonna be. that'd be cool.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #180
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

I would fuckin LOVE to see David Chase rip off Beverly Hills, 90210. Can we have a driving rainstorm too?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:16 AM   #181
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
nope. it's cuz Phil's Consiglieri knew that to put a hit on a Boss was a no-no in the mob world. he couldn't outright say "i don't agree with you", the Boss is always right and to back off a hit is to show weakness and that means you'll be whacked too. just doing his job as a Consiglieri, trying to show that it really is a big deal to whack a Boss and his captains and what Phil was doing was out of control.

Well, the FBI guy said that their snitch said that the hit was on. So basically 3 main guys had to know about it at that stage, I think. I'd have to re-watch, but it definitely points towards the snitch in NY being a person very close to Phil. Although maybe they will never reveal who it was(most likely)
Old 06-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #182
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
A little over 8 hours to go. I can't remember the last time I was this excited to watch a TV show.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #183
Hoya1
High School JV

yep. Should be a good one. I can't wait.
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #184
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

Is it still just an hour long tonight?
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #185
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

TVGuide.com says it is 65 minutes long.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #186
stevew
Hall Of Famer

fuck, i gotta work at 10...that blows.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:20 PM   #187
Logan
Head Coach

I'm already looking forward to people whining that they missed the end because their Tivo cut it off.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #188
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I live approximately 1 minute from my job...the 9:50ish oclock ending would be ok, but not 10:05. I guess I'll DVR and watch it in the morning.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #189
cartman
Death Herald

I've been very impressed that the details of tonight's episode haven't been leaked. You would have thought somebody would have had enough money thrown their way to spill the beans. They must have said that you would have an actual mob hit put on you if you divulged any of the plot details.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #190
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I live approximately 1 minute from my job...the 9:50ish oclock ending would be ok, but not 10:05. I guess I'll DVR and watch it in the morning.

No offense, but every extra minute is a great thing in my book. Sorry to hear you'll miss it.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #191
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I've been very impressed that the details of tonight's episode haven't been leaked. You would have thought somebody would have had enough money thrown their way to spill the beans. They must have said that you would have an actual mob hit put on you if you divulged any of the plot details.

I wouldn't say that they haven't been leaked, as quite a bit of material throughout this season has been leaked correctly, weeks before it happens. It's just hard to say whether of the leaked info for this episode is actually correct until it's aired.

Last edited by stevew : 06-10-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #192
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Anyone else excited?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #193
cartman
Death Herald

It's time!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #194
cartman
Death Herald

LOL

I knew something like that was coming. Perfect way to end. The guy going into the bathroom ala Michael in the Godfather.

You just know something bad is going to happen, then BOOM

Spoiler

Last edited by cartman : 06-10-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #195
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

MAN WTF
Old 06-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #196
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
I do kind of get the feeling we're going to have a "Seinfeldian" type ending where not much is really resolved.

Just wanted to say that I called it first.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #197
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
LOL

I knew something like that was coming. Perfect way to end. The guy going into the bathroom ala Michael in the Godfather.

You just know something bad is going to happen, then BOOM

Spoiler

I disagree...a lot did happen... there was resolution.

I loved the ending, it built up the tension, I kept waiting for the gun to go off.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #198
GoDukes
Mascot

That was pitiful
GoDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #199
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
I disagree...a lot did happen... there was resolution.

I loved the ending, it built up the tension, I kept waiting for the gun to go off.

Oh, I agree a lot happened during the episode, I was only referring to the final scene. There were about six different bad things I was expecting to happen.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #200
Johnny93g
College Starter

Great ending. A perfect Soprano's ending. Left me wanting more.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote