Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #501
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, people who make sense to have phasers are the people who can protect. That is the correct starting point, I think.
- I've got one (3-shot) so don't bother giving one to me
- Seargent-at-Arms should trust themselves, so one probably stays there if they intend to protect or just don't trust the others with protect options
- Security Crewman
- Galley Master can protect one of two rooms
- Warden + SlaveMaster can protect a room, but not people

So those roles belong to Olie (SAA), Mrs Schmidty (SC), Schmidty (Waterboy), Pass (Warden), and Saldana (Slavelord). Three phasers, Saldana didn't get good results on the away mission (no bonuses taking out slaves, outside of one supplied by Telle), so he doesn't get one. I would suggest giving one to Schmidty because he has more flexibility, but I'm a little worried taht we haven't heard from him today. I guess I tentatively go Olie, Mrs Schmidty, and Schmidty.

Again, if you suspect my intentions then feel free to mix this up. But I think I've outlined the "correct" play based on my understanding of the rules.

The other thing regarding Saldana is that he can only protect the slave pen which should be protected by the security system anyways. So that is somewhat redundant for now at night. I assume Saldana will just sleep and be rested for another mission tommorrow and a chance to redeem himself.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #502
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Hey Barkeep, another question... when the sleeping quarters is protected from attack while the Security HQ is operational, does that protect against both physical attacks and spawn attacks? Or just physical attacks?
It covers attacks on the rooms themselves. Someone could could still be attacked, or converted, with-in the sleeping quarters.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #503
The Jackal
Coordinator

VOTE NO EXECUTION
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #504
Telle
College Starter

Btw, if we intend to do nothing but sleep tonight do we need to put in a PM for that or is that just the assumed default?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #505
The Jackal
Coordinator

I suppose my day action is useless today. Should I choose a random person on the away missions to heal anyways to see if someone is hiding a possible spawn attack?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #506
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It covers attacks on the rooms themselves. Someone could could still be attacked, or converted, with-in the sleeping quarters.

Ahh well.. that can be important... Is the same thing true if a guard chooses to guard the sleeping quarters and someone is attacked there, the security guard only protects the room from attack? They have to specifically protect a player to protect them?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #507
KWhit
Coordinator

That's assumed, telle.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #508
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Btw, if we intend to do nothing but sleep tonight do we need to put in a PM for that or is that just the assumed default?
It is indeed assumed. However, if you have a secret role with a night action it's helpful that you PM me that you are sleeping.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #509
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Ahh well.. that can be important... Is the same thing true if a guard chooses to guard the sleeping quarters and someone is attacked there, the security guard only protects the room from attack? They have to specifically protect a player to protect them?
In order for a player to be protected they must be specifically guarded.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #510
mccollins
College Prospect

Ok, I've been super busy at work all day and I'm only now at the beginning of page 6 as I head out the door to go home. From what I gather, it's quite possible that no one is infected yet and scrolling up a bit I see a couple like-minded votes:

Vote No Execution
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #511
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I read that you guys only wanted two of the engineers to work through the night. What is the reasoning for this out of curiosity?

I think I first proposed this and it was just splitting our resources. I think we've got a good start fixing up the Security HQ and 2 units again tonight. I don't know how fast people go exhausted, but let's say one or both of myself and PB are exhausted come tomorrow, it's a good idea to have you and Tyrith able to work at night should we need something to for sure get done tomorrow night.

I think the only person who should consider over-exerting themselves for sure would be Tyrith, since that gets us a bonus fix.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #512
RendeR
Coordinator

Vote No Execution
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #513
Tyrith
College Starter

Only thing with that is that if we go two on the Slave Pens then me going doesn't add any value -- it's 2 cycles needed, any overflow will get wasted. And for us to get the extra repair anywhere else we have to telegraph where all of our engineers are going, which seems unwise.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #514
Tyrith
College Starter

Hoops, if you're going to try to stir up a vote today--and I wish you would, because bandwagons, even if intelligent, are still slightly uncomfortable--you probably need to do it soon. It's probably already too late, as we seem to have a critical mass of no lynch votes, but I'd still like to see the effort.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #515
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Path, if you want my suggestion for the next person to scan.. you might want to consider Hoopsguy. Not because I think he is evil, but more because of his role. Security is probably the one thing we don't want to be open about in the thread where Spawn know what is going on. So there has to be some behind the scenes involved with it. Hoops is the only person who can both order one of the security guards to protect one place while he protects another with absolutely 0 in thread communication.

(Or he could do it via his communication interrogation if he chooses to instead).. So having him on the good side probably is pretty important.. especially if he has one of the guns.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #516
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Only thing with that is that if we go two on the Slave Pens then me going doesn't add any value -- it's 2 cycles needed, any overflow will get wasted. And for us to get the extra repair anywhere else we have to telegraph where all of our engineers are going, which seems unwise.

Yeah, I didn't mean tonight per se. More that in the future, if something needs to get fixed and someone has to overextend, you're the best candidate IMO.

I don't think we're in a rush to fix anything right now, I'd think you and Danny should just get some Z's
Old 07-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #517
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Seems like it makes sense if your target is to repair the slave pens that you take the night off tonight so you are fresh tommorrow night and let two of the engineers take care of the two turns of damage there. (unless you want to mix it up and keep the spawn on their toes by going elsewhere to get a head start somewhere tonight)..

My only concern for the engineers is if you all coordinate who is going where, make absolutely sure you know who is doing what.. A failure to communicate is the easiest way to have a good guy get lynched because of an honest mistake (or a good way for a spawn to hide not doing their work to pass it off as a simple mixup)
Old 07-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #518
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Yeah, I didn't mean tonight per se. More that in the future, if something needs to get fixed and someone has to overextend, you're the best candidate IMO.

I don't think we're in a rush to fix anything right now, I'd think you and Danny should just get some Z's

I agree with both parts of this.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #519
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'll be truthful, I'm still weighing my options on if I'm going to do the slave pens or get a head start elsewhere. There are benefits to both.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #520
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Weapons order has been submitted.

I'm contemplating my night order, I can sleep, spy or protect - I think I'm going to sleep tonight and maybe tomorrow I'll have more of an idea who to spy on or protect.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #521
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I think if we get 2 people to do it, if one is a spawn, they'd be afraid to sabotage.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #522
Barkeep49
Coordinator

With the Security HQ once again restored, oliegirl is pleased to access the weapons locker. She announces that Mrs. Schmidty, Passacaglia, and herself will have phasers tonight and they should pick them up before going to sleep or taking care of other business.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #523
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok just caught up.

Vote no execute
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #524
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE NO LYNCH
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #525
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

sorry bout not posting earlier, forgot about the game, and my role isnt important
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #526
Barkeep49
Coordinator

olie isn't the only one who is happy to see the brig repaired. Pass informs the crew that for safe keeping he will ask Alan T, KWhit, and path to report to the brig rather than elsewhere tonight.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #527
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
VOTE NO LYNCH

Deviating from the system, tsk tsk :P
Old 07-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #528
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Deviating from the system, tsk tsk :P

I didn't see anyone score any points.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #529
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, if you're going to try to stir up a vote today--and I wish you would, because bandwagons, even if intelligent, are still slightly uncomfortable--you probably need to do it soon. It's probably already too late, as we seem to have a critical mass of no lynch votes, but I'd still like to see the effort.

Yep, I've been pretty busy at the office but I see what you are saying. I'll be putting a vote on someone, if for no other reason that to indicate where my thoughts were on Day 1.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #530
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Garr!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #531
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
As far as a member of the command being spawn, I know that I'm not starting off as one but I'm not sure how much that means. The last game didn't have any spawn during the first day and there isn't anything in the rules suggesting if we start with spawn or if we get infected early on in the process.

I remember explicitly thinking of you when I read that first sentence of that paragraph Now, I'm not encouraging you to vote for hoops - I have no desire to see him dead. But that seemed like it met your requirements.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #532
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Path, if you want my suggestion for the next person to scan.. you might want to consider Hoopsguy. Not because I think he is evil, but more because of his role. Security is probably the one thing we don't want to be open about in the thread where Spawn know what is going on. So there has to be some behind the scenes involved with it. Hoops is the only person who can both order one of the security guards to protect one place while he protects another with absolutely 0 in thread communication.

(Or he could do it via his communication interrogation if he chooses to instead).. So having him on the good side probably is pretty important.. especially if he has one of the guns.

I'm fine with it. I recognize that I have a pretty important position and that I often am in the middle of conversations. It also allows Path to know that anything I said today in our PMs had good intentions.

Obviously, I know there are better targets (you know, Spawn) but I understand it and think there are compelling reasons to go in this direction if we have to clear a villager.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #533
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
olie isn't the only one who is happy to see the brig repaired. Pass informs the crew that for safe keeping he will ask Alan T, KWhit, and path to report to the brig rather than elsewhere tonight.

VOTE PASS
Old 07-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #534
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hotel time for Poli. Hi, gang.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #535
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

why for Hoops? I have to admit, Pass has pinged my radar a couple of times here today as well.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #536
hoopsguy
General Manager

If only for paranoia, but he is going against what Alan asked (keep the Brig tight in terms of COT). If he is spawn along with either Alan or Path then he just created a conversion opportunity. He was also more interested than other in getting a gun for tonight - if I had been making the call he would not have gotten one tonight, although I didn't want to be transparent in my post suggesting this.

The Brig order just pushed him to the top of my distrust list for today. Path, I probably should have mentioned him earlier in our PMs about relative trust/distrust along with the other person I did mention ... I kept the list small with you in event that you started the game as Spawn. After all, it was the first question you had asked me and I hadn't gotten much of a feel yet (honestly still don't have one, conversation has been pretty slow, not much time left).
Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #537
path12
Coordinator

I'm wondering about that too.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #538
path12
Coordinator

Dola, referring to hoops' vote for Pass. I thought we were going to play it safe and just put myself and KWhit in.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #539
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

do we have to vote? if its an obvious runaway.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #540
hoopsguy
General Manager

Asked and answered. I'll leave candidate #2 as a secret between Path and I for now (may regret it if I end up dead) but Heinz is #3 on the initial distrust list because I'm getting a "deflecting/inquiring" vibe from him early. It doesn't feel like the villager Heinz to me ... small sample set of posts, yada, yada, yada.

So there is a start on some distrust. Hope it opens the floodgates for the rest of you
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #541
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Dola, referring to hoops' vote for Pass. I thought we were going to play it safe and just put myself and KWhit in.

Agreed. That did strike me as weird, and the only real mark I've seen against anyone so far. However, it seems like a particularly audacious move for a wolf to make, trying to convert the captain night one...but it would have payoffs. Not sure, it's at least something to get hoops stirring.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #542
path12
Coordinator

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #543
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Agreed. That did strike me as weird, and the only real mark I've seen against anyone so far. However, it seems like a particularly audacious move for a wolf to make, trying to convert the captain night one...but it would have payoffs. Not sure, it's at least something to get hoops stirring.

It's not only that -- what if Alan is spawn? Then he just put a bad guy in a cell with KWhit and I.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #544
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm at least thinking now.

UNVOTE NO LYNCH
Old 07-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #545
Tyrith
College Starter

Although, if I'm reading this right, if we kill our sergeant at arms we can't get another. That would be a major problem -- someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #546
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Asked and answered. I'll leave candidate #2 as a secret between Path and I for now (may regret it if I end up dead) but Heinz is #3 on the initial distrust list because I'm getting a "deflecting/inquiring" vibe from him early. It doesn't feel like the villager Heinz to me ... small sample set of posts, yada, yada, yada.

So there is a start on some distrust. Hope it opens the floodgates for the rest of you

Interesting. Wrong, but interesting.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #547
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Although, if I'm reading this right, if we kill our sergeant at arms we can't get another. That would be a major problem -- someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think 2nd officer could change another member of the enlisted crew to SAA
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #548
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont really have a problem with putting alan in...i am a fan of trusting our captain until we have reason otherwise to do so.

also, with the security system repaired, i will sleep tonight to be ready for another away mission tomorrow.

as far as todays mission, there are three possibilities:
1. i got a bad success roll
2. i subconsciously sabotaged my own mission. i am not aware of being a spawn as of right now, but we all know that does not mean i was not infected...i am fully prepared to be the object of suspicion if i have another bad mission tomorrow
3. telle was converted and her mission data is false (i dont know if this is possible based on the rule set..i dont remember reading anywhere if the results of a mission could be faked the same way work on the ship could be)

i am in full agreement with just sending me and the slaves out every day until i get lynched.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #549
Tyrith
College Starter

Oh, yeah, okay. Thanks Chubby.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #550
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:

Why would you want to kill me? I haven't seen my name anywhere on a suspicion list...did I miss something?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote