Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

MLB 10 The Show: Houston We Have a Problem

So the last dynasty fizzled out before a game was played. I am pretty much an idiot and was deleting a ton of stuff on my HD and deleted the 10 franchise on accident. So I decided to start fresh with the worst team presently in the NL, the Houston Astros.

They have an older team that needs to be shipped and a minor league roster that needs an overhaul which I will get to doing.

I have control of all 30 teams. I automated everything but I will check daily for trades and kabosh ones that might not look so good.

I will play one game for every starter in the rotation, and do a weekly update on the team, then one on the league.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 04-15-2010 at 10:44 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

New Astros GM Busy at Work

For new Houston Astro's GM Buster Stallworth, it was imperative to put his stamp on a fledgling franchise by picking a plan and sticking to it. He did that in full force on Sunday, making two major trades that have changed the face of the Astros for ever.

First, long time ace Roy Oswalt and reserve OF Jason Michaels were sent across the state to the Texas Rangers in exchange for CF Julio Borbon and minor leaguers Tanner Scheppers and Justin Smoak. Borbon is a player like current Astros CF Michael Bourne. Together will will comprise the fastest tandem in the league, while Scheppers and Smoak bring a lively arm and big bat respectively to an Astro's farm system void of both.

In the other big deal of the day, the Astros sent big hitting Carlos Lee to the San Francisco Giants for minor league pitcher Madison Baumgarner. Baumgarner was expendable considering the wealth of talent the Giants have in their rotation, and he will most likely play right away for the Astros.

The dealing isn't done yet, as many expect 1B Lance Berkman to be traded to a contender at some point in the year.

One thing is for sure after all these moves have been made, and that is Stallworth is looking to the future. Let's just hope the fans are too, because the present may be too much to take.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2010 Houston Astros Opening Day Roster

Lineup

1. LF Michael Bourn
2. RF Julio Borbon
3. 1B Lance Berkman
4. RF Hunter Pence
5. 3B Pedro Feliz
6. SS Jeff Keppinger
7. 2B Kaz Matsui
8. C Humberto Quintero
9. SP

Bench: C J.R. Towles, SS Tommy Manzella, 3B Geoff Blum, OF Cory Sullivan, OF Ryan Freel

Rotation

1. Wandy Rodriguez
2. Brett Myers
3. Brian Moehler
4. Bud Norris
5. Madison Bumgarner

LR - Chris Sampson

MR - Jeff Fulchino
MR - Matt Lindstrom
MR - Armando Benetiz

SU - Alberto Arias
SU - Tim Byrdak