Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 26, 2011 -

Today we play the Marlins at home. They are 66-63. We are 52-75. Only barely over 10,000 fans here today. Dan Uggla and Hank Blalock are their most dangerous hitters.

Struck out Omar Infante to begin the game with a 3-2 changeup. Uggla has 32 homers on the year. He gets a 2 out single up the middle. Cantu's bat explodes from my fastball running in on him and Ortmeier catches the resultant weak pop to 1st.

Struck out Blalock with an outside fastball to start the 2nd. 1-2-3 2nd.

Shit. Brandon Moss tries to make a spectacular catch in left to start the 3rd, but he allows Rubelo to get a double instead. At least I get the pitcher to pop up the bunt attempt with a high fastball. Infante grounds to short keeping the runner at 2nd. Gomez pops to 1st to end the inning.

1-2-3 4th.

The 6th went smoothly until Uggla got on base with a 2 out error by Wilson. Cantu than got on base thanks to an error by LaRoche. I was getting upset and tried to strike out Blalock but he hit a 2-2 fastball into center for an RBI single. It got even worse as Young hit a 0-1 curve over the right field wall for the 3 run homer. No one to blame but mself for that pitch. I was completely rattled and the next hitter laced a single to left. Ozzie saw enough and yanked me. Man, if I could have just worked out of the inning I could have gotten a win. We scored 3 in the 6th and 2 in the 8th to get the 6-4 win.

5.2 IP, 4 R, 0 ER, 7 H, 2 K, 0 BB.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 31, 2011 -

Today we host the Cubs who are 91-41. We are 54-78. Seems like I'm going to need to be perfect today to get us a win as Ted Lilly has been pitching great. They have 3 hitters with over 30 homers. Crap, we are going with one of our weaker defensive alignments today. Why is Ozzie doing this to me? Ortmeier in center field? Wood at short. Sheesh. I'm going to need to strike out a lot of guys.

After 2 quick outs, Aramis Ramirez hits a low inside fastball over the left field wall. That was his 42nd homerun of the year. Soriano grounds a 3-2 slider to 2nd to end the inning.

BS Call on a 3-2 fastball that gives Bradley a walk. That was over the inside corner. I want to argue but just shake my head. The next pitch, Soto hits a fastball to deep right field for a 2 run homer. That was his 24th homer of the year.

Derrek Lee with a double to left center that McLouth would have caught. A 3-2 fastball is grounded to 3rd by Miles for the 1st out of the inning. Lilly up now. He grounds a 0-0 fastball past Wood for a RBI single. Wilson would have easily had that. I get Theriot to hit into a 5-4-3 double play with a 0-1 changeup. Down 4-0 early.

Struck out Aramis with a 1-2 outside fastball in the 3rd. 1-2-3 3rd.

I hit a 1-1 fastball by Lilly all the way to the right field wall, but it is still just a long fly out. He has a no hitter through 3.

Soto with a single in the 4th and then Lee with a double. Men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Miles is up and I desperately need a strikeout. I get screwed on a 0-1 fastball that was clearly across the corner of the plate. He screws me again on a 2-2 fastball that was right at the knees. And again on a 3-2 fastball that was across the inside corner of the plate. Mac Harvey is pissing me off! Ok, at least the double play is set up with Lilly at the plate. Darn. He manages to get some lift on a low 2-2 fastball and flies out to left for the sac fly. 5-0. Theriot grounds to 3rd to end the inning.

Aramis with a double in the 5th and Ozzie pulls me. Thaddeus Waite comes into the game. We lose the game 8-3. My record falls to 10-5.

4.1 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 1 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 6, 2011 -

Pitching on the road today against Houston. Ozzie is screwing with me again, starting Dan Ortmeier in left, Brandon Moss in center, and Cameron in right. At least the infield is our best one.

I have to watch out for Hunter Pence and Aaron Boone today.

Struck out Jason Tyner with a 2-2 fastball in the 1st inning for the 2nd out. 1-2-3 1st.

LaRoche knocks in Phillips for a 1-0 lead in the top of the 2nd.

LaRoche with a great play to get the last out of the 2nd.

I start off the 3rd inning with a linedrive to left field for a single but they fail to knock me in.

Struck out Tyner with a 1-2 outside fastball in the 4th. Struck out Boone with a 2-2 fastball at the knees to end the inning.

With men on 1st and 2nd and 0 outs, I successfully bunt them to 2nd and 3rd in the 5th. That leads to a 3 run inning. Up 4-0.

Sanchez with a great play to get the 2nd out of the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

Terrible start to the 6th. First a walk to Rivas. Then, Carlos Lee, the pinch hitter hits a ball to deep right that bounces off the top of the right field wall. Cameron misplays the carom and it turns into a RBI triple.

A 3-1 fastball gets away from me and I walk the Joey Gathright who is a true burner on the bases. Tyner with a grounder past LaRoche and it's now 4-2 with men on 1st and 2nd and no outs.

Hunter Pence at the plate. I fail to get a 1-2 fastball called a strike and then Pence hits the next pitch to deep center to move the runner from 2nd to 3rd. Struck out Boone with a 2-2 curve! A fastball gets away from me and drills Rob Quinlan in the leg to load the bases with Toby Hall up to the plate.

Darn. He hits a 1-0 fastball hard down the 3rd base line and past LaRoche for a 2 RBI single. I get the next batter to ground to short to end the inning. Tied at 4 at the end of 6.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the 7th. We score 2 in the 8th to win it 6-4. Thaddeus Waite gets the win. Capps gets the save, his 35th.

6 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 4 K, 3 BB, and 1 (or 2) HBP.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 16, 2011 -

Ozzie is pissing me off. He skips my turn in the rotation with no explanation at all. Today, I'm starting in Milwaukee. I'm happy with most of the guys behind me except him inexplicably using Wood instead of Wilson at SS.

A terrible start to the game as a 1-0 fastball is hit by Corey Hart over the centerfield wall for his 11th homer of the year.

In the 2nd with a man on 1st and 0 outs, I get Ben Francisco to chase a high fastball that hit 100 MPH for the strikeout. The next hitter tries a hit and run but lines to Sanchez for an easy double play.

Struck Hart out in the 3rd with a 100 MPH 0-2 fastball down the middle (I wanted it to be low) of the plate that he just swung and missed. 1-2-3 3rd.

In the 4th with Braun on 1st, I struck out Fielder with a very low 1-2 fastball. Struck out Hardy next as he swung on a 1-2 fastball that was well outside. Struck out the side as I got Gamel to swing at a high 2-2 fastball.

A 2 run homer in the 5th by Sanchez gives us a 2-1 lead.

Struck out Capuano on a 2-2 high fastball to end the 5th. That was my 100th strike out of the year.

Struck out Braun with an outside 2-2 fastball to end the 6th. 1-2-3 6th.

Struck out Hardy with a 2-2 outside slider for the 2nd out in the 7th. I'm getting a bit better control of that pitch and finally feel comfortable throwing it in games. 1-2-3 7th.

Still a 2-1 game as I start the bottom of the 8th. Wood with a fielding error at short to allow the first runner to reach. Ozzie comes out. WTF, that asshole is removing me because of Wood's error. Thaddeus Waite will come in to pitch. My arm still feels good. I plan on talking to Ozzie about this if we lose..

Waite gives up 2 runs in the 8th and we lose the game 3-2. Waite is charged with the loss.

7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 8 K, 0 BB.

I go into Ozzie's office after the game. He tells me that he shouldn't have taken me out that soon and he'll let me go longer next time.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 21, 2011 -

Today, I get the start against the Reds in Cincinnati. They have about 4 guys who are dangerous hitters, Bruce, Dickerson, Votto, and Hairston, JR.

My first pitch is lined by Dickerson into center for a single. I get Hairston to ground into a 6-4-3 double play. I'm surprised Wood made that play, but it was hit right at him. Out of the 1st having faced only 3 batters.

Gomes starts off the 2nd with a line drive to center field for a single. After 8 pitches, I strike out Encarcion with a high 2-2 fastball. Get the next 2 to fly out and ground to end the inning.

Dickerson with a 2 out single to left center. Struck out Hairston on the 8th pitch of the at-bat with a 2-2 fastball that was outside.

Wood knocks in McLouth to score a run in the top of the 4th.

Morgan catches a deep fly at the left wall wall to start the bottom of the 4th. Gomes, the next batter, gets around on an inside 2-2 fastball and drives it over the left field wall for a 385 foot homer. Tied at 1. Encarcion makes it back to back homers with a nice swing on a 0-1 changeup that he took 407 feet. I get the last the next 2 hitters to fly out to center.

Cameron with a catch on the run in right center for the 1st out of the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

Gillaspie (playing 3rd today) with a 2 run homer to put us up 3-2 in the top of the 6th.

1-2-3 6th punctuated by a 0-2 fastball on the outside corner to strike out Gomes.

Struck out their center fielder with a 1-2 changeup at the knees for a called 3rd strike.

Ozzie decides I've thrown enough pitches and pulls me after that batter. Gobble pitches a scoreless 8th and Capps pitches a 3 strikeout 9th to get his 39th save.

We win 3-2 as I get my 11th win on the year.

7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 4 K, 0 BB.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 27, 2011 -

It's possible this will be my last start of the year as I prepare to face the Astros in front of our home fans. We have over 17,000 fans today. We are 64-92. They are 67-89. Lyle Overbay is their most dangerous hitter on the field today. I'm happy to see our "A" team defense out there today.

Overbay hits a liner to center for a single with 1 out in the 1st. Carlos Lee with a hard ground ball between short and 3rd for a single. The ball gets to Cameron so quickly that we keep the runner at 1st and 2nd. Hunter Pence up now. Struck out Pence on a 1-2 very low fastball. Moreno grounds out to Sanchez to end the inning.

Struck out Hall with a 1-2 outside slider in the 2nd.

Struck out Towles with a 2-2 fastball in the 5th. Struck out McDonald with a 2-2 fastball on the outside corner. 1-2-3 5th.

Matsui with a bunt for a hit to lead off the 6th. Struck Overbay out with a 2-2 fastball at the knees for the 1st out of the inning. Got into trouble with men on 1st and 3rd, but got a 4-6-3 double play to end the inning.

Cameron knocks in Sanchez in the top of the 7th to give us a 1-0 lead.

My heart catches in my throat when Moreno crushes my 1-1 fastball but it dies at the warning track and Cameron catches up to it. I give up a 2 out single in the 7th to Towles and Ozzie yanks me! My arm still felt good. I can't wait to get away from him. At least, it is to get a good lefty into the game as he goes to Javier Lopez who has a sub 2 ERA. He gets us out of the 7th.

Freaking Thaddeus Waite blows it in the 8th giving up 2 runs. We lose the game 2-1.

6.2 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 5 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 2, 2011 -

I'm getting to start our last game of the year which is at home. We are 65-96. We are playing the Padres. They are 64-97. I'm glad to see all of our good defenders behind me today.

Wilson bobbles a hard hit grounder to start the game and then throws it away over Chad Tracy's head. As a result, Angel Pagan is on 2nd with 0 outs. Jody Gerut up now. Struck him out with a 1-2 fastball that was outside. Adrian Gonzalez is up now. He grounds to 1st for the out but the runner moves to 3rd. Marcellus Grbavac is up now. He lines it into left field for the 1-0 lead.

Struck out Lowrie to end the 2nd inning with a 2-2 changeup down low.

1-2-3 3rd.

Struck out Gonzalez with a 2-2 fastball inside. Darn. I hang a 2-0 changeup and Sanchez homers to right field for a 2-0 lead.

I sac bunt with 0 outs in the bottom of the 4th and we end up scoring 3 runs in the inning. 3-2. Morgan, Sanchez, and Gillaspie all had RBI's that inning.

Sanchez with a brilliant dive, recovery, and throw to end the 5th inning.

I come to the plate in the bottom of the 5th with the bases loaded and 1 out and I'm facing a left handed pitcher...

I hit a liner deep enough in right to get the run in!

4-2 lead as I take the mound in the 6th. 1-2-3 6th thanks to some very nice plays by McLouth in center.

5-2 lead as I take the mound in the 7th. Struck out Sanchez with a 2-2 changeup at the knees to start the inning. Struck out Blanco with a 2-2 outside fastball to end the inning.

Lowrie starts off the 8th with a hard line drive that deflects off Gillespie's glove and rolls into left field. Micah Hoffpauir comes in as a pinch hitter. Struck him out with a 0-2 fastball that was outside. Angel Pagan hits a 0-1 fastball into leftfield for a single. Ozzie goes to the pen after that. He turns to Javier Lopez. Javier gives up 2 runs (1 charged to me) but he gets out of the inning. Capps pitches a scoreless 9th for the save. We win the game 6-4.

I get my 12th win of the year.

7.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 6 K, 0 BB.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 3, 2011 -

As I clear out my locker and start mentally preparing for my night out with my friends next week to celebrate my 21st birthday, I think back on my stats this year:

12-5 record (led the club in wins), 3.01 ERA (led all of the starters), 32 GS, 22 QS (led the club), 1 CG, 1 SO, 197.2 IP (led the club), 175 H, 83 R, 66 ER, 18 HR (tied for lowest among starters), 33 BB (lowest among starters), 117 K (2nd behind Snell who had 138), WHIP 1.05 (led all pitchers on the team), 5-2 record at home, 7-3 record on the road, avg vs RH .236, avg vs LH .247.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 4, 2011 -

The Awards are announced and neither myself nor Blake won the Rookie of the Year. That went to Monty Brantley of the Cardinals. He hit .298 with 9 HR's and 26 RBI's.

Aramis Ramirez won the NL MVP with .303 avg 48 HR's and 126 RBI.

Johan Santana won the Cy Young with a 24-3 record and 2.50 ERA.

Francisco Rodriguez won the Rolaids Relief Award with 64 saves.

No teammates won any awards this year.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Angels beat the Cubs 4-2 in the World Series. Mike Napoli, the catcher, won the MVP of the World Series by batting .476 with 3 HR and 5 RBI.

The Notable Retirements in 2011:

1B David Ortiz
P Mariano Rivera
1B Jim Thome
SS Omar Vizquel
P Pedro Martinez
LF Raul Ibanez
1B Derrek Lee
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #111
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 15, 2011 -

Had a great 21st birthday. However, now I'm very upset to see that the Pirates allowed some of our best players to become free agents including: SS Jack Wilson (if they allow Woods to become the SS I'm finding a way to demand a trade), C Ryan Doumit (at least Blake is a good replacement), and most importantly closer Matt Capps (Great, I can look forward to many more blown saves.)

Decemeber 16, 2011 -

The club signed RF Ryan Church to a 2 year deal for just over 5 million. Not a bad move at all. If they re-sign Capps, I won't demand a trade, but otherwise I'm moving in that direction.

January 10, 2012 -

Today, they re-signed Jack Wilson to a 3 year deal for just under 12 million. Whew. Now, if we can just get Capps signed.

January 12, 2012 -

Matt signs with the Rays for 2 years and 9 million I can't blame him, they are a heck of an organization.

Chad Tracy signs with the Yankees for 4 million over 3 years.

Feb 2, 2012 -

The organization never signs a closer, apparently, they are planning on turning the job over to Johan Vega who had a good year in AAA this past year.

I decide to stick with the club for now, but I will ask for a trade sometime in the next year if they don't make some better moves.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-24-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 22, 2012 -

I was watching Peter Gammons compare the movement of my fastball to Cole Hamels earlier today, except he said I had much better velocity to go with the movement. He also said that my fastball is one of the best ones in MLB and is the best among the young pitchers in the game. Today, I start the 1st day of spring training as the home pitcher against Hamels and the Phillies.

They have all of their starters in today, but I hope this lineup isn't what Ozzie plans on using for the regular season. I don't like the fielding skills of our left fielder or 3rd baseman today. Here is our lineup:

CF Nate McLouth
C Kennedy Blake
2B Freddy Sanchez
LF Ernesto Pedroza (big bat but terrible fielding skills in the youngster from what I've heard and seen so far)
3B Rex Chaney (nice bat but ditto on the fielding skills.)
CF Mike Cameron
SS Jack Wilson
1B Andy Phillips

Since I know I'm only working 3 or 4 innings today, I'm working on striking out everyone.

Struck out Rollins with a 2-2 inside fastball to start the game. Struck out Utley with a low 2-2 changeup to end the inning. I've developed much better command of that pitch over the last year.

Struck out Feliz with a 3-2 fastball on the outside corner to end the 2nd. 1-2-3 2nd.

Struck out Rollins with an outside 3-2 fastball to get the 2nd out in the 3rd. 1-2-3 3rd.

I fly out to right off Hamels and that ends my day. We lose the game 6-4 in the 10th.

3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 4 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 25, 2012 -

Ozzie asks me to go throw an inning or 2 of relief today in this spring training game. We are up 2-0 against the Astros.

Struck out Pence with a 1-2 fastball low to get the 2nd out of the inning after allowing a man to get on 1st. Ozzie pulls me after I pitch a scoreless inning. We lose the game 4-3 when Bautista fails to save it in the 9th and gives up 3 runs. If he becomes our closer, I'm demanding a trade ASAP. I still can't believe we let Capps go.

1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 0 BB.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-24-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 27, 2012 -

I feel like this is odd usage by Ozzie. He puts me in the 4th, presumably to pitch an inning or two at the max. We are tied at 2 with the Tigers.

Emilio Bonifacio is playing short for us today and he throws it away to allow the first runner to reach 1st. I get the next hitter to hit a comeback for a 1-6-3 double play. Ozzie pulls me after the 1 inning.

1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 K, 0 BB.

We lose the game 8-4.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-24-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 28, 2012 -

Ozzie lets me start this game against the Reds.

1-2-3 1st to start the inning during which the ball never leaves the infield.

Struck out Hairston (jr - they have 2 Hairston's now) with a low 0-2 fastball to end the 2nd.

1-2-3 3rd.

Ozzie pulls me after 3 perfect innings.

3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 0 BB.

We win the game 6-3 and Johan Vega gets his 1st save of spring training (and it was our 1st win as a team.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-24-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 2, 2012 -

Ozzie brings me in for the 4th inning against the Twins. We are up 6-0.

Struck out Cuddyer with a 0-2 fastball very low to start the inning. 1-2-3 4th. I get to work on sac bunting before Ozzie pulls me for the day.

1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 K, 0 BB.

We win the game 11-0. McLouth had 5 RBI's today and 3 Runs scored. Ryan Church had 2 home runs and 3 RBI's.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 3, 2012 -

I start the game against the Twins. WOW. Call me brain dead, but I just realized we traded LaRoche in the offseason! He's on the Twins now and starting for them. I guess I may be stuck with Chaney as my 3rd basemen.

LaRoche lines my 1st pitch into centerfield for a 2 out single. Men on 1st and 2nd now. I walk the bases loaded as I'm suddenly losing my touch on my other pitches. Cuddyer with a hard grounder past Chaney for a 2 RBI single. I get the next batter to ground to Sanchez to end the inning.

WOW. We score 11 runs in the 2nd inning! Maybe I won't demand that trade just yet Our new LF, Pedroza, had a 2 run homer during the inning. He has 3 in this spring. Almost everyone battled someone in and scored that inning.

Pedroza makes his first play for me. He catches a routine fly in deep left.

Carlos Gomez with a solo shot to left with 2 outs in the 2nd. It barely cleared the wall. After the next batter gets a double down the right field line, Morneau with a 2 run homer way out of here in right field. So much for my dominant scoreless spring. Struck out LaRoche with a 1-2 fastball at the knees to end the 2nd. 11-5 after 2.

Chaney handles a routine play at 3rd for the 1st out. Struck out Cuddyer with a 0-2 outside fastball. Struck out Casilla with a 2-2 inside fastball to end the inning. 1-2-3 3rd.

In the 4th, with 2 outs and men on 1st and 2nd, Pedroza misplays a catchable ball and it turns into a 2 RBI double. That should have been an error IMO. 11-7. LaRoche grounds to Sanchez to end the inning.

Ozzie pulls me after that inning.

4 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 3 K, 3 BB. I just didn't have command of my pitches today.

You gotta be kidding me. Vega coughs up a 3 run 9th and we lose the game 14-13.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-24-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 5, 2012 -

My ERA has ballooned from 0 to 4.85 for the spring.

March 9, 2012 -

Today I'm starting against Contreras and the Phillies. Victorino with a 1 out single to center after fouling off multiple pitches on a 2-2 count. Blake guns out Victorino stealing and then I get Howard to pop up to Chaney at 3rd to end the inning.

Chaney handles a hot grounder at him for the 2nd out in the 2nd. 1-2-3 2nd.

Pedroza with a good running play at the warning track to get the 1st out in the 3rd. 1-2-3 3rd.

Struck out Victorino with a 2-2 slider. Howard hits right into the shift for the 3rd out of the inning. Ozzie pulls me after that.

4 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 0 BB.

We lose the game 1-0.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 10, 2012 -

I thought Ozzie was going to start using me reasonably, but he puts me in for the 5th inning against the Yankees. We are down 6-2.

Vlad lines a 2-1 fastball down the right field line for a double. Struck out A-Rod with a 0-2 fastball low and inside. Struck out Posada with a 1-2 fastball below the knees to end the inning. Ozzie pulls me after that.

1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 K, 0 BB.

We lose the game 9-2.

I know spring training is supposed to get my arm in shape, but Ozzie continues to piss me off. I think the only thing stopping me from asking for a trade right now is the fear that I'll go to a worse club.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 11, 2012 -

Ozzie brings me in to pitch the 5th against Tampa Bay. We are up 4-0.

First batter, Xavier Nady, takes a 2-2 changeup to left field for a homerun. Struck out Buscher with a low 2-2 fastball. Struck out Gary Sheffield with a 2-2 fastball at the knees.

That is it for me. Pedroza had 2 home runs in the game as we won 8-3. Not sure why I didn't get the win today since I pitched the 5th, but it doesn't matter. Pedroza has 5 homers this spring and Chaney also got his 5th this game.

1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 K, 0 BB.

March 13, 2012 -

Now, Ozzie tells me I'm starting on short rest!?! We are 9-11 this spring after a 0-5 start. Today, I'm pitching against the Twins.

Gomez hits a 0-2 slider right towards Sanchez, but it tips off the top of his glove. They call that a hit?!? Buscher with a deep drive to right center and McLouth can't get to it. RBI double. Struck out Morneau on the 5th pitch with an 0-2 outside fastball. Uribe flies out to right and the runner advances to 3rd. I get Delmon Young to ground to Sanchez to end the inning.

Blake and Pedroza each have an RBI in the bottom of the 1st to make it a 2-1 lead for us.

They get runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Blake allows a routine fastball to get by him to advance both runners. I strike Gomez out with a 1-2 fastball that is outside. Darn. A 1-2 fastball gets away from me and hits Buscher in the leg. Bases loaded with Morneau up. He hits a 3-2 fastball to left field, Pedroza lets it bounces past him.. 3 RBI double. Dude can mash, but he is a horrible left fielder. Struck out Uribe with a 3-2 fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Young with a 0-2 fastball inside and at the knees to get the 2nd out of the 3rd. 1-2-3 3rd.

Pedroza with a 2 RBI double in the 3rd and Phillips with another RBI and I'm up with 2 outs and a man on 2nd. I ground out to the pitcher to end the inning. We lead 5-4. I wonder if Pedroza's net run contribution is going to be positive or negative?

Sanchez boots the ball to start the inning. Gomez with a 1 out bunt with a man on 1st. I get the ball and throw it over Phillips head. The error allows a run to score from 1st and Gomez goes to 3rd. Tied at 5. I'm exhausted but Ozzie leaves me out there. I walk the next batter and then Morneau hits a RBI single off me. Where is Ozzie now? My 2-1 changeup gets away from me and hits Uribe to load the bases. Finally Ozzie goes to the pen.

3.1 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 5 ER, 4 K, 2 BB. I think we have established that I don't start well on short rest.

I get the loss as we lose 8-6.

Ernesto Pedroza leads the team this spring in multiple categories: Avg of .351, 12 runs scored, 6 Homeruns, his 11 RBI's are tied for 2nd, and his 6 SB's are tied for the lead. If the dude can steal, why can't he cover more ground in left. slugging % .667. His 91% fielding percentage is worst on the team. Not to mention all of the balls he isn't even getting a glove on for them to be called errors.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 14, 2012 -

I tell Ozzie I feel well rested and ask him to let me rest for the last 2 weeks of spring ball. (In reality, I sim the rest of spring training.)

April 2, 2012 -

It's the season opener and our home opener and I've achieved one of my dreams by being the starter for it. Today, we host the Braves who are starting Jair Jurrjens. We have a sell out crowd today and the air is electric.

Our lineup:

Ok, I'm completely confused. Maybe I saw another LaRoche on the Twins' lineup and became confused. Apparently, Andy was just sitting all spring, but he is starting at 3B tonight. In fact, we have a strong defensive alignment today:

LF Nyjer Morgan (isn't great in the field but is better than Pedroza)
C Kennedy Blake
2B Freddy Sanchez
CF Nate McLouth
RF Ryan Church
SS Jack Wilson
1B Andy Phillips
3B Andy LaRoche
P Me

Their lineup:

RF Denard Span
2B Martin Prado
C Brian McCann
CF Jeff Francoeur
SS Yunel Escobar
LF Matt Diaz
1B Casey Kotchman
3B Kelly Johnson
P Jair Jurrjens

Struck out Span with a low 1-2 changeup to start the game. McCann with a 2 out single past LaRoche. Struck out Jeff with a 2-2 outside fastball to end the inning.

Morgan with a leadoff double and Blake knocks him in for our 1st run of the game in the bottom of the 1st.

Struck out Escobar with a 0-2 slider that was outside. The pitching coach worked with me a lot this offseason and I'm getting above average movement with it now. Struck out Diaz looking on a 1-2 fastball that was at the knees and on the outside corner. 1-2-3 2nd.

McLouth with a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 3rd. We now lead 4-0.

Struck out Diaz on the 10th pitch of the at-bat with a 3-2 inside fastball to start the 5th inning. 1-2-3 5th.

Wow. In the 6th, I lose my command and walk the pitcher on 5 pitches.

Nyjer Morgan dives for a foul fly in left field and hurts himself. Brandon Moss comes in to replace him. Wow. I walk Span with a 3-2 fastball just off the outside corner. Struck out Prado with a 97 MPH 1-2 fastball below the knees. Struck out McCann with a 0-2 changeup. Jeff grounds a 1-2 fastball to Sanchez to end the inning.

With a man on 1st, I strike out Kotchman with a 2-2 changeup to get the 2nd out of the 7th. I finish the 7th with the shutout still going, but my arm is definitely feeling the strain.

Ozzie lets me start the 8th. The pitcher hits a tapper back to me but I overthrow Phillips and he gets to 2nd. Span with a hard line drive into the right field corner for a RBI double. Ozzie goes to the pen.

We win the game 5-3 as Carlos Aramboles gets the save. I get my 1st win of the year and am named player of the game.

7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 8 K.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It turns out that Vega is being given another year of seasoning at AAA which is a good thing. Ditto for both Ernesto Pedroza and Rex Chaney. They both should be good players one day if they can improve their defense. Kearns and Cameron are also in AAA this year, although one of them is certain to be called up with the injury to Morgan which is a dislocated shoulder that could sideline him for 3 months.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-25-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 4, 2012 -

Cameron is called back up and starts in left. The team wins the 2nd game in the series 12-4 behind a 3 run homer by Blake and 6 RBI's by Wilson! We are 2-0 and I'm starting to feel good about our chances this year.

April 8, 2012 -

We are 4-1 as I prepare for my 2nd start of the year. Today, we host the Reds at home. We've beaten them 3-1 and 4-0 in the first 2 games of the series. Today, I'm going against Aaron Harang who is 1-0 with a 1.35 ERA. We have just over 31,000 fans here today.

Their lineup:

2B Brandon Phillips
SS Jerry Hairston, JR
1B Joey Votto
LF Jonny Gomes
3B Edgar V. Gonzalez
CF Scott Hairston
C Matt Treanor
RF Fernando Perez
P Harang

Today, we have are starting all of the same starters except Brandon Moss is in left field, and Emilio Bonifacio is getting the start at short.

Struck out Phillips with a 3-2 inside fastball to start the game. Votto draws a 8 pitch walk with 2 outs. Sanchez almost makes a spectacular play on a grounder by Gomes but it bounces off his glove for a single to put men on 1st and 2nd. Gonzalez grounds out to Sanchez to end the inning. Threw a ton of pitches in that inning.

McLouth knocked in Sanchez to score a run in the bottom of the 1st.

Treanor with a 1 out double in the 2nd, but I respond by getting Perez to strike out with a 0-2 fastball almost in the dirt. McLouth with a diving catch of a shallow liner by Harang to end the inning.

Struck out Phillips with a 0-2 changeup to start the 3rd. Struck out Hairston with a 3-2 changeup. 1-2-3 3rd.

Gomes lines a 3-1 fastball to center for a single to start the 4th. Pop up Gonzalez to 1st for the 1st out. Hairston with a single down the left field line to move the runner to 3rd. Struck out Treanor looking with a 1-2 slider that catches the outside corner. Perez with a drag bunt RBI single down the third baseline. Blake was just too slow to respond to it. Harang grounds to 3rd to end the inning.

Hairston and Votto with 1 out singles in the 5th. Struck out Gomes with a 1-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the inning. Struck out Gonzalez with a 0-2 fastball at the knees.

Struck out Scott Hairston with a 0-2 fastball that was just a bit inside. 1-2-3 6th.

1-2-3 7th that is ended with a strikeout by Hairston, Jr. Got him with a 1-2 fastball at the knees. My arm is feeling exhausted though and I let Ozzie know that I'm done.

He goes to Bautista in the 8th and he gives up 2 runs. We lose the game 3-2.

7 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 9 K (a career high I believe) and 1 BB.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #124
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

There are two LaRoche's in MLB - Andy and Adam.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
There are two LaRoche's in MLB - Andy and Adam.

Gotcha. That is what I get for not really paying attention in spring training.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 14, 2012 -

We are now 5-5 thanks to losing 2 of 3 game against the Cubs and the opening game of this series to the Cardinals. I've got to go against Adam Wainwright on the road today. No Albert Pujols today who continues to battle injuries. Their most dangerous hitters are my former catcher Ryan Doumit, Rick Ankiel, and Ryan Ludwick, although the top 6 hitters are all good. They are also 5-5 coming into this game.

Orlando Hudson starts off with a 9 pitch at bat before grounding out to 1st. Struck out Ludwick with a 0-2 fastball to end the 1st.

I make two 2 out mistakes to put Troy Glaus on 3rd and Khalil Green on 2nd. I get Mather to hit it to Wilson, who bobbles it and that allows the run to score. I guess they are saying it was so sharply hit that it didn't deserve to be an error. Struck out Wainwright to end the inning.

Orlando Hudson with a leadoff double in the 3rd and then Schumaker hits a line drive to left field and Hudson barely beats the throw home. Struck out Ludwick with a 3-2 changeup to get the 1st out of the inning. Struck out Doumit with a 2-2 fastball to end the inning. 2-0 ball game so far.

Struck out Mather with a 1-2 fastball outside to end the 4th. 1-2-3 4th.

Down 2-0 still going into the bottom of the 5th. Wainwright has only allowed 2 hits so far.

Wainwright with a lead off single back up the middle to start the bottom of the 5th. Hudson hits into a 4-6-3 double play.

Cameron with a 2 run homer in the top of the 6th to tie it at 2.

I get into trouble with in the 6th when Doumit and Greene get singles, but I get Mather to pop up to 1st to end the inning.

I don't have much left, but I take the mound with the game tied at 2 in the bottom of the 7th. Wainwright leads off the inning with by hitting a 1-2 fastball to shallow center for a single. Ozzie pulls me after that. I hope he goes to Javier. He does bring in Javier Lopez who hasn't allowed a run yet this year.

Javier pitches a scoreless 7th. He goes to your young pitcher Jimmy Gobble in the 8th and Gobble gives up a run that is the deciding factor. We lose the game 3-2.

6 IP, 11 H, 2 ER, 5 K, 0 BB.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-25-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 19, 2012 -

We lost 3 straight to the Cardinals before taking the last game of the series. Now, we are on a 3 game winning streak having beating the Brewers the first 2 games of this series. It's up to me to finish the sweep of the series. I'm pitching on the road against Edmund Isringhausen, a young starter, who has struggled in 2 of his first 3 starts. We are 8-7. They are 7-7. Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder are by far their 2 most dangerous hitters.

We start off the top of the 1st with a solo homer by McLouth and an RBI by Church. Sanchez is getting a day off and Bonifacio is playing 2nd. A young player Emilio Alcantara is playing 1st today and batting cleanup for us.

Struck out Mike Rivera, their catcher, for the 2nd out of the inning with an 0-2 fastball on the outside corner.

LaRoche with a solo homer in the 2nd to make it a 3-0 lead.

Struck out Ryan Raburn with a 2-2 slider to end the 2nd.

Struck out Trot Nixon with a 1-2 100 MPH fastball that was high and outside to start the 3rd. Their pitcher is scouted to be one of the worst hitting pitchers I've ever seen, even worse than myself. I strike him out on 3 straight fastballs for the 2nd out of the inning. 1-2-3 3rd.

Speaking of which, in the top of the 4th, I hit the ball hard to deep center field but it is caught.

Dutch Nelson with some bad calls contributes to a walk to Ryan Braun in the 4th. Struck out Fielder with a 0-2 changeup. Struck out Gamel with a 1-2 changeup to end the inning.

Alcantara with a 2 RBI double in the top of the 5th. We are now up 5-0.

Struck out Velez, the pinch hitter, with a 1-2 fastball outside to end the 5th.

I bunt over a runner to 3rd with 0 outs and Jack Wilson knocks him in to make it 6-0 in the 6th.

2 1 pitch outs in the 6th before Braun hits a line drive to left center for a single. Popped Fielder up with a 0-2 changeup to end the inning.

Mat Gamel with a leadoff double to right center to start the 7th. Ben Francisco grounds back to me, I look the runner back to 2nd and then throw out Francisco. Raburn grounds to Wilson for the 2nd out. Trot Nixon has given me problems tonight and he works a 10 pitch at bat before he laces a 3-2 fastball to shallow left for a RBI single. Struck out Tyoshi (sp?) Nomura, the pinch hitter, with a 2-2 fastball to end the 7th.

Struck out Alcides Escobar with a 0-2 fastball to start the 8th. Rivera fights off about 10 pitches before he hits a 3-2 fastball back up the middle for a single. Braun with a deep fly to left for the 2nd out. Fielder with a single down the right field line to move Rivera to 3rd. Gamel hits it very hard to LaRoche who makes the play to end the inning.

Those long at bats cost me my chance at the complete game. Ozzie pulls me after 8. We win the game 6-1. Bootcheck pitched a scoreless 9th.

My record rises to 2-0.

8 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 9 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After the game, Ozzie chews me out because I missed a bunt signal in the 7th inning. He makes some vague threats about sitting me if I ever do that again.

April 23, 2012 -

We win 2 of 3 against Washington. I feel like our offense has finally started showing up. Of course, tonight the Cards shut us down in a 6-2 loss. I'm pitching tomorrow night at home vs them against Wainwright again.

Wow. I thought the Cardinals were still dealing with injuries to Pujols in the lineup. I guess I need to pay closer attention to Baseball Tonight and the newspapers. He actually left them in the offseason before last season and signed a FA deal with the Angels for over 100 million as he helped them win the World Series last year.

Well, now I just need to get ready for my start tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #129
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Thats at least 2 or three starts this year where you were robbed of wins...get out of there...to a good team...like the...Twins?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Thats at least 2 or three starts this year where you were robbed of wins...get out of there...to a good team...like the...Twins?

Yep, I've been robbed twice now. I feel like the Pirates are showing some potential with Sanchez, Blake, and McLouth as keystones, but I agree that it is time to start pushing for a trade. How else am I ever going to get to 350 wins?

Edit: Hopefully, it doesn't backfire and lead to me going to an even worse team.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-26-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #131
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Nah...the Twins have been talking to me about you...they say your are going to be the conerstone of their franchise...

Last edited by nfg22 : 05-26-2009 at 10:51 PM.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 24, 2012 -

Today I get the start at home against the dangerous Cardinals lineup. They are 12-8. We are 11-9. I'm going to need to be nearly perfect with Wainwright pitching. Sanchez is resting tonight, but the rest of my star defenders are behind me. It is in the low 40's as the game starts tonight.

Trouble right away as Schmaker walks, Ankiel beats out a single to third, and then Glaus hits it past Bonifacio for a RBI single. Bonifacio hurt himself diving so Sanchez will replace him.

A 2-0 fastball gets away and I hit Khalil Greene to load the bases with 1 out. Yadier Molina forces a 12 pitch at bat before I pop him up to 1st with a 3-2 fastball. Mather lines to left field and Cameron catches it to end the inning. Lots of pitches, but I'm very glad to get out of the inning without more damage.

Struck out Morales with a 0-2 fastball below the knees to start the 2nd inning. Hudson with a 2 out walk and then Schamaker with a single that just gets by LaRoche. Struck out Ankiel on a check swing to end the inning.

My control is just terrible today. I drill Glaus high in the back with a 98 MPH fastball to start the 3rd inning. Greene with a single to get men on 1st and 2nd. Molina hits into a 6-4-3 double play. I've been getting killed all game on the calls by Woody Keller. He gets me into a 3-0 count against Mather before he fouls off a fastball, a changeup, and then strikes out on an inside fastball to end the inning.

Wainwright with a 1 out double in the 4th as he crushed a changeup. Schumaker with a 2 out single to right but Wainwright holds up at 3rd. Ankiel with a 2 RBI double to deep right center that McLouth just couldn't quite catch up to. 3-0 ball game. Glaus grounds to 1st to end the inning.

Greene starts off the 5th with a routine grounder to LaRoche, but he throws it away allowing Greene to get to 2nd. Ozzie pulls me as I've thrown a ton of pitches. Terrible start.

He turns to Lenny Dinardo. We lose the game 8-0. I get my 1st loss of the year.

4 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 3 K, 2 BB, 2 HBP.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30, 2012 -

The pressure is on today as we start in New York against the Mets and Johan Santana. Another team with a killer lineup and another game where I don't expect my teammates to score many runs. We are now 12-13.

To my amazement, I get to bat in the 1st inning. We've already scored 3 runs against Santana and I'm up with 2 outs and bases loaded. He strikes me out when I can't hold my swing on a low 1-2 fastball.

1-2-3 1st against Reyes, Castillo, and Wright.

Manny flies out to deep right, but Church handles it as he was playing him deep. Beltran who is batting over .400 a month into the season gets a 1 out double down the left field line. A routine fast ball gets by Blake to allow Beltran to get to 3rd with 1 out. Delgado with a hard grounder to Sanchez to knock in the run. Up 3-1 at the end of 2.

Struck out Santana with a fastball to start the 3rd. Reyes with a standing double down the left field line. Castillo tries to bunt and pops it up for the 2nd out. No! Wright hits a 3-2 fastball to the opposite field for a 2 run homer. Tied at 3.

Despite being rattled, I strike out Manny with an inside 2-2 fastball to end the 3rd.

After allowing 2 out singles to their #7 and 8 hitters in the 4th, I strike out Santana with a 1-2 changeup.

Reyes bunts for a hit to start the 5th, but I quickly pick him off (my first career pick off!) Castillo with a single and then Wright with a double to right center. Men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Manny up at the plate. He laces a low 3-2 fastball past Phillips for a 2 RBI single down the right field line. I shouldn't have tried to strike him out. I get Beltran to fly to center and Delgado to ground out to end the inning.

Ozzie pinch hits for me but it doesn't help. We lose the game 8-3 and I get my 2nd loss of the year.

5 IP, 10 H, 5 ER, 3 K, 0 BB.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2012 -

A look at my stats after the first month: 6 GS, 4 QS, 2-2, 3.16 ERA, 37 IP, 46 H, 15 R, 13 ER, 1 HR, 6 BB, 37 K, 1.41 WHIP, avg vs RH .261, avg vs LH .343.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 5, 2012 -

Today I get the start at home vs the Astros as we attempt to sweep them. They are 9-23, we are 14-16. Their most dangerous hitter is Lyle Overbay.

McLouth with a solo homer to give us a 1-0 lead after 1.

Struck out Matsui with a 2-2 changeup to start the 3rd inning. Overbay with a 10 pitch walk. Blake throws out Overbay attempting to steal 2nd. Still 1-0 after 3 innings.

Struck out Fernando Nieve with a 0-2 slider in the 5th. Matsui and Overbay with 2 out singles. Carlos Lee grounds out to LaRoche to end the inning.

Percy Madden, their young catcher, with what should have been a routine single to left, but Cameron misplays it and it turns into a double. Delarosa grounds out to Sanchez, moving Madden to 3rd. Aaron Boone with a deep fly to center ties the game at 1.

Ozzie decides my arm is shot and he goes to the pen for the 7th. We win the game 2-1 in the 10th as Bootcheck gets the win.

6 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 2 K, 1 BB. I just haven't been able to strike guys out the last few games.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 11, 2012 -

Our pitching staff is 7th in ERA. Too bad that our offense is 26th in runs produced. Today, I'm pitching on the road vs Arizona and Dan Haren is starting for them.

I'm happy as I take the mound in the 1st with a 2-0 lead.

Struck out Drew with a 2-2 changeup to start the game. Jason Tyner with a single. Then, he advances to 2nd when my pick off attempt goes over Phillips head. With 2 outs, Mark Reynolds with a double down the left field line to knock him in. Struck out Reed Johnson with an outside fastball to end the inning.

Sheesh. Cameron is losing it. He misplays a ball with 1 out in the 2nd and it turns into a ground rule double for Montero. Sanchez doesn't make a play that he usually does and Dan Haren has a single past him. Men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out and I'm becoming very frustrated. Stephen Drew hits the 1st pitch, a fastball that wasn't quite far enough inside down the right field line for a 3 run homer.

My guys get 1 run back in the top of the 3rd. Down 4-3.

1-2-3 3rd.

Struck out Haren looking with a 3-2 slider for the 2nd out in the 4th.

Sanchez with a solo homer in the 5th to tie it at 4.

Struck out Reed Johnson with a 0-2 fastball with men on 1st and 3rd. That was the 2nd out. I got Whitesell to ground to Sanchez to end the inning.

After the leadoff hitter, LaRoche gets a double, I bunt him to 3rd for the 1st out of the inning. Sanchez knocks him in and we have a 2 run inning. 6-4 lead as I take the mound in the bottom of the 6th.

Struck out Montero with a 2-2 changeup to start the inning. Drew with a 2 out walk and then Tyner with a single up the middle. I'm surprised Ozzie didn't yank me at that point. Conor Jackson with a single to shallow center for an RBI. 6-5. I strike out Mark Reynolds with a 0-2 changeup to get out of the inning.

Ozzie pats me on the back and goes to the pen for the 7th. Things look good until our closer, Carlos Aramboles, gives up a grandslam in the 9th. We lose the game 10-7.

6 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 6 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 17, 2012 -

Not a good outing today, but I get my 3rd win anyway. 5 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 4 BB, and 2 strikeouts as we beat the Marlins 8-6.

May 22, 2012 -

It's time to pitch at home against the Cardinals and Adam Wainwright yet again. Hopefully, this meeting will go better than the last few. We are 19-26. They are 21-24.

Darn. A 0-2 fastball get away from me and hits Orlando Hudson to start the game. Struck out Ludwick with a 0-2 fastball to get the 2nd out of the inning. Ankiel flies out to right to end the inning.

Struck out Greene to end the 2nd inning with a 1-2 changeup.

1-2-3 3rd.

McLouth with a solo homer in the bottom of the 3rd. We are up 1-0.

Struck out Schumaker with an outside low fastball to start the 4th. After Ludwick walks, Ankiel with a double to get men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Doumit grounds out to Phillips to score the run. Tied at 1. Struck out Glaus with a 1-2 fastball on the outside corner to end the inning.

McLouth and LaRoche each with an RBI in the 4th to make it a 3-1 game.

1-2-3 5th.

Church and Cameron with RBI's in the bottom of the 5th. 5-1 game now.

1-2-3 6th. I've still only allowed 1 hit.

Khalil Greene hits the 1st pitch of the 8th inning, a curve over the left field wall. 5-2 game. The next 3 batters all ground out to end the inning.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the bottom of the 8th. We win the game 5-2 as Aramboles gets his 11th save of the year.

My record rises to 4-2. 8 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 4 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 28, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting in Houston vs Fernando Nieve who has struggled this year (as have the Astros.) We are 21-29. They are 17-35.

Phillips knocks in Sanchez to begin the game with a 1-0 lead.

After Matsui gets a leadoff single, I struck out Overbay with an outside low fastball. Blake throws out Matsui attempting to steal 2nd. Jorge Posada (I wonder how he got to the Astros) hits a routine ball to Wilson, but he throws it into the stands to advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs Victor Delarosa with a very hard comebck at me but I put up my glove in self-defense and catch it to end the inning.

Sanchez allows a ground ball to go right between his legs with 1 out in the 5th. Sanchez starts the 4-6-3 double play on the next ground ball to end the inning.

Still a 1-0 game as I take the mound in the 6th. John McDonald pinch hits for Nieve. Struck him out with a 0-2 fastball on the outside corner.

In the 7th, I struck out Delarosa with a 97 MPH fastball on the outside corner.

Ozzie pulls me in the 8th after I allow a 1 out single to right. I'm mad about this one as I still have something left tonight. At least, he goes to Javier Lopez who has been our most consistent lefty in the pen.

Javier gives up a run in the 8th and Bootcheck gives up 1 in the 9th. We lose the game 2-1. I'm tired of this bullpen.

7.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 K, 1 BB.

After the game, I have a "discussion" with Ozzie regarding his pulling me too early. He says, "I'm sure you could have gone another inning at least, next outing I'll keep you in longer."
Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2012 -

A look at my stats after almost 2 months:

11 GS, 7 QS, 3.50 ERA, 4-2, 69.1 IP, 77 H, 29 R, 27 ER, 4 HR, 15 BB, 54 K, 1.33 WHIP, .241 vs RH, .327 vs LH.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 2, 2012 -

My agent calls me and tells me that he has heard from reliable sources that I'm on the trading block without even being asked! Those A-Holes! I call up the GM and demand to be traded.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 2, 2012 -

Tonight I get the start at home against the Brewers. I try to put the call from my agent out of my mind and concentrate on the game. Both clubs are 24-31.

I start off the game striking out Tony Gwynn, Jr. with a 0-2 changeup. 1-2-3 1st.

Fielder starts off the 2nd by hitting a 1-0 Fastball just over the right center field wall. I thought McLouth was going to make a highlight catch. That was Fielder's 16th of the year. I bounce back by striking out Velez with a 2-2 fastball just below the knees.

Struckout their pitcher on 3 straight fastballs to start the 3rd. Struck out Gwynn with a 2-2 changeup.

To start the 4th, Braun hits a low 1-2 fastball to left center for a homer. That is his 12th of the year.

Struck out Ransom with a 1-2 fastball outside for the 2nd out of the 5th.

Gwynn bunts to start the 6th. I play the bunt perfectly, but throw it into right field to allow Gwynn to get to 2nd. Gamel hits a 2-2 fastball to deep left and off the wall for a RBI double. Braun with a shot back up the middle for a RBI single. 4-0 at the end of 6.

Struck out their pitcher with a 1-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 7th. Ozzie pulls me after a 1-2-3 7th.

We lose the game 10-2 as Braun hit 2 more homers off our pen.

7 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 6 K, 0 BB.

I can't wait to get traded out of here.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 3, 2012 -

My agent tells me the rumor is that the Giants are interested in me. However, Johan Santana and Adam Wainwright are also on the trade block and they are also interested in them.

June 8, 2012 -

Today I get the start at home vs the Chicago WhiteSox. Jermaine Dye and Adam Dunn are their most dangerous hitters.

Wilson and Bonifacio with RBI singles in the 1st to give us a 2-0 lead.

Sanchez with an error to start the 2nd. Ty Wigginton follows that with a single to right to get men on 1st and 3rd with no outs for Pierzynski at the plate. Struck him out with a 1-2 outside 99 MPH fastball to get the 1st out of the inning. Belliard with a line drive to Wilson for the 2nd out. Struck out Russell Branyan with a 2-2 fastball low and outside to end the inning.

Trouble in the 3rd as Gardner and Quentin get singles to start the inning. Men on 1st and 3rd with 0 outs as Dye steps to the plate. A 3-2 changeup just misses and Dye walks to load the bases. Dunn with a shallow line drive to right field to score 2 RBI's. Diaz, our backup catcher, lets a curve get by him to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd.

Wow, an unusual nice play as the batter hits a weak chopper to LaRoche who tags the runner going by him and then throws to 1st for a double play! Wigginton pops up to LaRoche to end the inning.

In the top of the 4th, Nyjer Morgan with a solo homer to give us back the lead, 3-2.

Bottom of the 4th starts bad as A.J. and Ronnie Belliard both get leadoff singles. Men on 1st and 2nd for Russell. Struck him out with a 2-2 outside fastball. Gardner hits to LaRoche and barely avoids a double play. Quentin grounds to Sanchez to end the inning.

Alcantara, playing 1st, with a RBI single in the top of the 5th to make it 4-2.

Struck out Alexei Ramirez with a 0-2 slider to end a 1-2-3 5th.

Struck out Wigginton with a 1-2 inside fastball to start the 6th. Struck out A.J. with a 2-2 fastball outside. Shit. After Belliard beats out an infield single with 2 outs, Branyan connects big time with a 0-2 fastball and hits it over the right field wall for a 2 run homer. No one but myself to blame for losing this win.

YES! Alcantara knocks in Wilson in the top of the 7th to make it 5-4! Ozzie pulls me after that, but I get the win as our pen holds them scoreless. Bautista, Lopez, and Aramboles each pitch a scoreless inning. Aramboles struck out the side for his 18th save.

6 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 6 K, 1 BB.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-30-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 14, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting against the Nationals at home. We are 29-36 coming into this game.

Ryan Zimmerman and Paul Konerko with 2 out singles. I jam Josh Willingham who hits a weak pop to Sanchez to end the inning.

I strike out Adam Saarloos, their young catcher, for the 2nd out in the 3rd with a 2-2 slider.

I start off the 3rd, with only my 2nd hit of the year, a line drive to left field. They fail to knock me in. Still scoreless through 3.

Scoreless through 5.

Struck out Anderson Hernadez with a 2-2 fastball at the knees to end the 6th. I'm allowing some hits, but still scoreless through 6.

1-2-3 7th.

Saarloos starts off the 8th with a single past Sanchez. Ozzie goes to the pen after that and to my chagrin I see Denny Bautista come into the game. I had more in the tank. Bautista allows the inherited run and 1 more to score and I get charged with the loss. 2-0 loss.

7 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 2 K, 0 BB. My record drops to 5-4.

I complain about being pulled after the game and Ozzie tells me that he is suspending me for my next start for insubordination.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-30-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 26, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting at home vs the Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw, a young had throwing pitcher is starting for them. He has 85 K's already this year. I've got 68 on the year. They are 47-30. We are 35-40. Their most dangerous hitters are Matt Kemp, Pat Burrell, and Russell Martin.

Burrell with a 2 run homer to deep center on a 1-1 fastball. That was his 18th of the year.

Struck out Martin with a low 0-2 fastball to start the 2nd. Struck out Cubillan with a 1-2 fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Kemp looking with a 2-2 fastball on the outside corner to end the 5th.

In the 6th with 2 outs, Burrell gets on thanks to an error by LaRoche and then Andre Ethier hits a 2 run homer off a 1-1 curve that hung. Down 4-0. Martin hits a single off me and then Ozzie yanks me.

We lose the game 6-1. My record drops to 5-5.

5.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 3 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2012 -

The trade rumors are really heating up. The Yankees were going to dump salary a few weeks ago as they were underperforming, but they are back in it and have pulled their guys off the trade block.

The top players on the block are: SP Felix Hernandez (8-5 3.46 ERA - Giants are interested), SP Rich Harden (9-2 2.23 ERA - Giants are interested), Johan Santana (9-4 2.72 ERA - Giants are interested), Roy Oswalt (5-5 3.90 ERA - Giants are interested), Me (5-5 3.51 ERA, Giants are interested), and Adam Wainwright (7-8 4.18 ERA - Giants.)

The top position player on the block is Adam Everett who doesn't draw much interest since he is 34.

My stats on the year: 15 GS, 5-5, 9 QS, 3.51 ERA, 95 IP, 105 H, 42 R, 37 ER, 9 HR, 17 BB, 71 K, 1.28 WHIP, .251 vs RH, .301 vs LH.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-30-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2012 -

Today I get the start against the Astros at home. I need to put these trade rumors out of my mind and pitch better. The Astros are 29-56 and we are 37-43. Definitely a winnable game for me today.

Struck out Overbay with a 1-2 changeup to end the 1st.

Terrible 2nd inning. First Aaron Boone who is hitting below .200 starts off the inning with a double. Then, he gets to 3rd on a passed ball. Then, I walk Hector Luna. Then, Edwin Maysonet who is hitting .220 hits a 2 RBI double to deep left center. Down 2-0. Since Roy Oswalt is starting for them, I don't expect too many runs in support today. Struck out Oswalt with a 1-2 changeup for the 2nd out in the inning. Joey Gathright with a single right back up the middle for an RBI. Down 3-0 before we finally get out of the inning.

In the bottom of the 2nd, I come to bat with bases loaded and 2 outs. I actually get great wood on a 0-1 fastball but it doesn't sink fast enough and the left fielder catches it in left center.

McLouth with a 2 RBI double in the bottom of the 3rd. Down 3-2.

In the 4th, Oswalt drills me with a fastball in the back. That puts men on 1st an 2nd with 0 outs but we fail to score.

Struck out Overbay with a 2-2 changeup to end the 5th.

Struck out Boone with an outside 1-2 slider to start the 6th.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the bottom of the 6th.

We lose the game 4-2. My record drops to 5-6.

6 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 4 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 3, 2012 -

The Giants acquired SP Al Everett from the Mariners in exchange for RP Jared Burton. I wonder if they are still interested in trading for me?

July 4, 2012 -

Watching Baseball Tonight, I see the hot rumor now is that either I or Adam Wainwright is going to the Orioles. I guess we'll see.

July 6, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting against the Braves in Atlanta.

I gave up a 2 run homer to their 3rd basemen, Johnson, in the 2nd inning.

In the 6th, an error by LaRoche allows Francouer to get on 2nd. Diaz with a single. Then, Kotchman knocks them both in. Down 4-0 and Ozzie pulls me at that point.

We lose the game 6-2.

My record falls to 5-7. 5.1 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 SO.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 9, 2012 -

I get just over 100k votes for the All-Star team. Javier Vazquez is the leading vote getter among starting pitchers with 400k. He has a 10-3 record with a 2.47 ERA for the Brewers and will be the starting pitcher for the NL.

Nate McLouth is the lone Pirate to make the team this year.

The AL beats the NL 3-0 in the All-Star game
Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 14, 2012 -

Today, I get the start at home against the dangerous Cubs lineup. They are 51-39. We are 41-49. I've got to get another win.

Theriot starts off the game with a fly to shallow center and it is just too shallow for anyone to get to it. Struck out Ryan Sweeney with a 99 MPH fastball. Struck out Aramis Ramirez with a 100 MPH high fastball. Soriano grounds out to end the inning.

After Bradley gets a leadoff single, I struck out Soto with a high inside fastball. Miles hits a 0-1 fastball to deep left and Nyjer Morgan can't catch up to it, it bounces over the wall for a ground rule double. Quinlan pops up a 3-2 fastball for the 2nd out. Dempster grounds out to end the inning.

I draw a 5 pitch walk to start the bottom of the 3rd. I score on a double by Morgan! 1-0 after 3.

A solo homer by Church makes it 2-0 after 4.

Struck out Sweeney with a 0-2 changeup to end the 5th.

Struck out Theriot looking with a 3-2 changeup to end the 7th. My arm is definitely tired. Ozzie leaves me into hit with 2 outs and no one on in the bottom of the 7th. I ground out to Aramis.

2-0 at the end of 7 with the heart of their order coming up.

Sweeney hits the ball to very deep center but McLouth catches it. Aramis grounds to Wilson for the 2nd out. Struck out Soriano with a 93 MPH 3-2 fastball on the outside corner. That was my 120th pitch in the game, a new career high for me.

Church with a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 8th to give us the 5-0 lead, so Ozzie lets me try to go for the complete game shutout.

Bradley hits a 0-2 changeup to deep center but McLouth gets it. My command is becoming horrible, but I strike out Soto with a 2-2 high inside fastball, I was aiming for a low inside fastball. I also had a change go far from where I wanted it to. LaRoche with a diving stab, gets up, and strong throw for the out! Complete game, shutout!

9 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K. Career high 136 pitches.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 20, 2012 -

No trade yet. Tonight, I start against the Brewers and their most effective pitcher this year, Yovani Gallardo. We are both 44-51 and Milwaukee is trying to unload some of their more expensive players.

We've lost Blake, who was having a nice year, to a broken bone in his foot and I'll have Robinzon Diaz, another young catcher, behind the plate tonight.

Struck out Ryan Raburn with a 1-2 change to start the game. Rivera and Ryan Braun with singles. I get Fielder to pop up. Then, a passed ball on the 1st pitch, a routine change allows the runner to advance to 2nd and 3rd. I get 2 strikes on Gamel, but he hits a 1-2 fastball back up the middle for a 2 RBI single. I strike out Ben Francisco looking with a 1-2 fastball on the outside corner.

Church and McLouth with RBI's to tie it at 2 in the top of the 2nd.

LOL! Fielder tried to steal 2nd after getting a single to start the 3rd. Diaz gunned him down by 3 steps.

In the 4th, struck out Rivera with a 2-2 very high fastball to get a 2nd out with a man on 3rd. But, Braun comes up next and he gets a single that knocks in a run to make it 3-2. Fielder with a RBI single to make it 4-2.

Struck out Gamel with a 2-2 high fastball to start the 5th. Struck out Francisco with an outside 1-2 fastball. 1-2-3 5th.

Struck out Velez with an outside 2-2 fastball to start the 6th. Struck out the pitcher with 3 straight fastballs. 1-2-3 6th.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the 7th. We lose the game 6-2. My record drops to 6-8.

6 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 7 K, 2 BB.