Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Dynasty-Replay Set up Question

I've decided to spend my summer in England without the family by going old school. I've bought three seasons of the basketball simulation board game Statis Pro. I've got the seasons for 83/84 (the first season I watched the NBA), 94/95 (My favorite teams, Pacers and Rockets, had good seasons), and 09/10 (the first year I cared about the NBA in nearly a decade).

My plan is to combine the 3 seasons into a super league, but I can't decide how to do it. There's a difference in the # of teams in each year so there are some balance problems. I'll go over the options I'm considering (in order of preference) and if you like one or have another suggestion that would be really helpful.

Option 1: Keep the teams that were active in 83/84 only. Disband all the expansion teams. Redraft in the draft order based on average wins for all 3 seasons by teams active in 83/84. Golden St. would own the 1st overall pick (and would probably take the 94/95 version of Shaq). The advantage is this would make every one of the 23 teams fairly competitive. Disadvantage is every team would have about 25 players, making playing time for scrubs nearly impossible.

Option 2: Keep all teams in the 09/10 season. Set a "cap" for every team of 15 points. (20 ppg+ people are with 3 pts, 15-19 are worth 2, 10-14 are worth 1). Teams keep people up to the cap (and keep half of zero point rated players) The rest go into a draft where it's based on totals wins, giving an advantage to expansion teams that don't have the depth of players other teams do. Advantage is teams get better rotations of players going, disadvantage is how to select which players stay and which get cut. Boston and LA's history of talent would show more this way.

Option 3. Cap all teams, use the cut players to have an expansion draft, raising the league to 32 teams. I'm not big on this idea. It would keep rosters more realistically sized, but would make for a longer replay and there would be a great separation between the haves and have nots.

Love your input on this. Thanks.

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote